00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

concavepgons just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Fatkidwitajetpak' s Photography

5,101 Views | 67 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Fatkidwitajetpak' s Photography 2010-03-22 17:39:43

Another angle... I couldnt decide which one to post so im posting both of them.

Fatkidwitajetpak'
s Photography

Response to Fatkidwitajetpak' s Photography 2010-03-22 17:41:23

I went on a bride. i took a picture of something in the bridge at a weird angle. I got this perspective shot. Woo. Its like your a beetle crawling on it. Last picture for today, I will post some more tomorrow.

Fatkidwitajetpak'
s Photography

Response to Fatkidwitajetpak' s Photography 2010-03-27 19:10:25

Person Picture #2 I climbed a building and did a bit of parkour in order to get this shot :D

Fatkidwitajetpak'
s Photography

Response to Fatkidwitajetpak' s Photography 2010-05-02 14:49:23

Life

Fatkidwitajetpak'
s Photography

Response to Fatkidwitajetpak' s Photography 2010-09-02 13:31:12

At 2/23/10 11:08 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: Finally, I have this close up image of a wall made of concrete, broken glass, and other materials. I adjusted the contrast a bit, as usual.

while it's cool to use a shallow depth of field, there's just not enough of this in focus to really make it interesting. sometimes your depth of field can be too shallow and this is a good example of one of those times.

At 3/5/10 07:59 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: Another Picture! I love the light in this. Taken in front of a hospital.

This is a nice sky exposure. are you aware of bracketing for better details by taking multiple exposures?

At 3/6/10 06:47 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: This one is just plain creepy, I took it on an old abandoned golf course.. AT NIGHT. Lol I kept thinking someone was watching me.

Okay, the flash? bad idea. You've got a still subject matter. there's no reason why you couldnt find a tripod, a beanbag, or some other way to set your camera down and take a shot at a slow shutter speed, without the flash and pick up the ambient light and a lot more detail.

At 3/6/10 07:31 PM, Starogre wrote:
"WHAT THE HELL MAN. THESE AREN'T PICTURES OF FLOWERS OR PEOPLE." Which is how some people react to some photography.
At 3/6/10 07:15 PM, Luxembourg wrote:
I couldn't imagine anyone saying that...

I can. If I'm not in any of them or nobodies having sex, I just dont care.

At 3/10/10 07:19 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: Photoshop test. I colored a picture and used a filter to make it look cool. NIt was a difficult process, but I love the results. It looks so comic like. Took me about half a day to do. Had emotion put into it.

more like 'had quality stripped out of it'
Your misguided with your photoshoping there boss.
It's supposed to make photos look better, not worse.

This picture makes it obvious that you're a novice and while there's nothing wrong with that, I have to suggest that you never play with filters like this again. They degrade the message you're trying to communicate. Instead, I think you should focus on going to IMAGE > ADJUSTMENTS and play with the levels, curves, contrast and saturation, and especially warming and cooling photo filters, so that you can have more control over your images and actually make them look better before export.

At 3/22/10 05:39 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: Another angle... I couldn't decide which one to post so im posting both of them.

the composition here makes me uncomfortable.

At 3/22/10 05:41 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: I went on a bride. i took a picture of something in the bridge at a weird angle. I got this perspective shot. Woo. Its like your a beetle crawling on it. Last picture for today, I will post some more tomorrow.

It's a bridge? at first I thought it was a climbing rope in an old gym. ha ha, cool shot. This one's my favorite.

BBS Signature

Response to Fatkidwitajetpak' s Photography 2010-09-02 13:45:46

I wanna show you something right off the bat before you develop a habit of it like I did for a while. I see you sometimes did some pictures that look cool at first glance, but the actual focus of the picture is pointless, like the picture that seemed to be a plant pot filled with soil and fertilizer. It looks somewhat interesting to some people, but it has no real focus or merit. When you shoot, try to have some goal in mind for the actual objects in the pictures.

A vagina is really just a hat for a penis.

BBS Signature

Response to Fatkidwitajetpak' s Photography 2010-09-02 13:54:58

Here's a good example from one of my recent photo dumps. I went into the walk for that day with an idea of trying to capture the obscurity of homosexuality in most advertising, and although this is one of the more abstract shots that got off topic, it still has a point to it. Shots like your picture of the wire running up the bridge are great for practice, but later on if you want to have shots for a resume or to submit to galleries, try to come up with simple ideas, and build upon them. I started with gay rights, then merged it with advertising, and explored the topic of sexuality in contemporary ads. So try to come up with an idea, then build upon that. Perhaps you want to explore architecture. So find old buildings or new ones, go out to them, and look around for interesting ideas. If you see something you like, take a picture, examine it, and determine what you can improve on it. Then try again, but using the improvement. Or maybe that picture will give you an idea for another one. So once you know your way around the camera you've chosen, try to make sense of what everything I just said, and go out and use it.

Fatkidwitajetpak'
s Photography

A vagina is really just a hat for a penis.

BBS Signature

Response to Fatkidwitajetpak' s Photography 2010-10-12 19:02:07

Thanks for all the critique guys. I will be posting some more photos soon. And your right, I am a novice. BTW the one that I made look like a comic book does not have any filters. I colored it as an experiment. These photos were all taken within 18 weeks of learning, so they are nothing spectacular or anything. :)

More to come soon hopefully!

Response to Fatkidwitajetpak' s Photography 2010-12-29 05:21:38

UPDATE DECEMBER 29TH 2010

I have improved a lot since I created this thread a year back. I haven't done much, but here are a few photos. Let me know what you guys think!

First off, here is a picture of a bird flying over a small pond in the middle of a forest I was in. It looks sort of like a painting.

Fatkidwitajetpak'
s Photography

Response to Fatkidwitajetpak' s Photography 2010-12-29 05:23:02

Next, here is a lonely man walking along a trail.

Fatkidwitajetpak'
s Photography

Response to Fatkidwitajetpak' s Photography 2010-12-29 05:24:19

Here is a picture of a bridge I was walking on.

Fatkidwitajetpak'
s Photography

Response to Fatkidwitajetpak' s Photography 2010-12-29 05:26:05

Here is a picture of two trees hugging... :3

Fatkidwitajetpak'
s Photography

Response to Fatkidwitajetpak' s Photography 2010-12-29 18:56:40

I'm a Photographer too and I looked on the rules and sadly photos don't count as art which makes me mad.

War does not determine who is right - only who is left. ~Bertrand Russell

Response to Fatkidwitajetpak' s Photography 2010-12-29 20:11:07

At 3/7/10 10:19 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: I just took this picture. I got down deep into this strange moss enviroment near an old abandoned golf course. I put some real feeling into this picture. What do you think?

I love this picture, it has a lot of depth to it. It almost feels like a picture of a world just below us.

You have a lot of awesome stuff here! Keep them coming :)

Response to Fatkidwitajetpak' s Photography 2010-12-30 04:08:59

At 12/29/10 06:56 PM, InfinityAnonymous wrote: I'm a Photographer too and I looked on the rules and sadly photos don't count as art which makes me mad.

It is only because people would overflow the portal and they only have a certain amount of bandwith :\

We can post whatever the fuck we want (art wise) here in the forums though!!! :D

Response to Fatkidwitajetpak' s Photography 2010-12-30 04:33:36

Surreal photos time!

This is an experimental graffiti photo I took on an old, abandoned golf course. (I have a lot of abandoned golf course photos). I got some pipes left over from construction and set them up in an artsy way and click click, photos were taken. It's graffiti because I just put up a sculpture where it does't belong. It remained there for about 4 days before security took it away.

Fatkidwitajetpak'
s Photography

Response to Fatkidwitajetpak' s Photography 2010-12-30 04:35:07

Another pipe graffiti golf course picture:

Fatkidwitajetpak'
s Photography

Response to Fatkidwitajetpak' s Photography 2010-12-30 04:36:16

Machinery:

Fatkidwitajetpak'
s Photography

Response to Fatkidwitajetpak' s Photography 2011-01-18 22:18:24

Here is a design concept i created while bored in Math class. I made it by editing a photo of a pole in a a golf course. It actually is all light, if that makes any sense.

Black N White Version:

Fatkidwitajetpak'
s Photography

Response to Fatkidwitajetpak' s Photography 2011-01-18 22:19:26

Colored Version:

Fatkidwitajetpak'
s Photography

Response to Fatkidwitajetpak' s Photography 2011-01-18 22:20:43

Gate to Lax:

Fatkidwitajetpak'
s Photography

Response to Fatkidwitajetpak' s Photography 2011-01-21 12:25:22

More Golf Course Photos:

Fatkidwitajetpak'
s Photography

Response to Fatkidwitajetpak' s Photography 2011-01-21 12:26:23

My School:

Being real general about the descriptions here. Of course they have more meaning, but im leaving that to the viewer.

Fatkidwitajetpak'
s Photography

Response to Fatkidwitajetpak' s Photography 2011-01-21 12:27:38

Water Dripping From A Pipe:

Response to Fatkidwitajetpak' s Photography 2011-01-21 12:29:27

Forgot Pic...

FFFFF

Fatkidwitajetpak'
s Photography

Response to Fatkidwitajetpak' s Photography 2011-02-01 15:07:26

Construction:

Fatkidwitajetpak'
s Photography

Response to Fatkidwitajetpak' s Photography 2011-02-01 15:09:15

Alley:

Fatkidwitajetpak'
s Photography

Response to Fatkidwitajetpak' s Photography 2011-02-01 15:10:52

More Abstract:

More to come later, im posting about 3 a week now.

Fatkidwitajetpak'
s Photography

Response to Fatkidwitajetpak' s Photography 2011-02-01 15:58:43

You know, I like photography, but I'll be honest with you, I personally don't like your photography, I mean it's really well DONE, but artistically there's not much to it from my personal point of view.

I think you have excellent quality of the pictures, and great perspectives, but it just misses something that makes your photo's unique, something that makes them YOURS, y'know? Right now they look like something I could've found anywhere.

Just like with all the great painters, they all had their style, that pinch they added to their creations.
It's possible with photography, though much harder, I'm not saying I'm better than you, I'm saying you can do better :)

Tick Tock

BBS Signature

Response to Fatkidwitajetpak' s Photography 2011-02-01 17:00:14

At 2/1/11 03:58 PM, Falonefal wrote:

I really don't understand what you mean lol. I don't have any influences on my photography, other than my view on the world around me. Although, I can see many, many beginner photographers like myself using the same technique in changing exposure and contrast levels. What would you recommend me doing differently? Every photo has my own little touch in it, I think you are just focusing 100% on the originallity of it, which will cause a certain dislike to anything since in reality, everything has been done, pratically.