00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Quezzyman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Excellent Script Wants Animation!

660 Views | 3 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Excellent Script Wants Animation! 2010-02-15 00:15:49

I have an amazing script being written, that I'd love to see brought to love in animation! It's a monologue-like story about a man named Henry and a girl named Adrian.

The story brings up issues and morals such as living to your own standards, and not others; loneliness and desperation; confusion and philosophy; and the difference between love and attraction (if there is one).

In the story, the man Henry works a dead-end job as a janitor at a high-school where he meets a student, Adrian, who he becomes very attracted to. She is eighteen, and he is twenty-three. It begins with him being ridiculed for his job, and him fawning over Adrian. He later decides to talk to her, and so begins the journey of him trying to show her that it's better to live to your own standards, and be happy, than to give your happiness away trying to live by other peoples' rules. He then realizes that since he's been talking to Adrian, he's being doing exactly what he said not to. At this point, honesty is the best policy of the story, and they begin to talk beyond just small-talk. He becomes very confused about how he feels, and whether or not he's just attracted to a pretty face, and fooling himself; or if he actually loves Adrian. He tries to push her away and clear his head, while also trying to make her feel like he's "hard to get" which only leads to more loneliness. The story ends very unhappily with Henry hanging himself, after realizing the world he lives in will always force him to live to standards other than his own.

I'd like this to be in black and white, and I could/would like to voice Harry. I have professional quality voice equipment and such, and I know how I'd want to do his voice. If you're interested in undergoing a long-term project like this, message me, thanks.

BBS Signature

Response to Excellent Script Wants Animation! 2010-02-15 00:17:56

At 2/15/10 12:15 AM, TheThirdSix wrote: I'd like this to be in black and white, and I could/would like to voice Henry.

Fix'd, dammit!

BBS Signature

Response to Excellent Script Wants Animation! 2010-02-15 01:35:46

I might like to do this. Just send me the script.

BBS Signature

Response to Excellent Script Wants Animation! 2010-02-17 00:11:54

i'd love to do this project. i'll whip up some examples after you tell me what kind of art style you want. im more comfortable with realism.

BBS Signature