00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

stringbeanmachine just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Great writer looking for experience

891 Views | 2 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hello.

I'm 27 years old and I've been writing for over 15 years. I have over a hundred philosophical articles written, dozens of short stories, poems, songs etc. I've written brochures professionally in the past and I recently wrote a script for a professional video game company (which I can't say any more about because it hasn't come out yet).

I'm interested in writing more scripts for movies and games to get more experience under my belt and pad my portfolio. I have several good ideas already dreamed up and a few already written down in note form. I can write anything from drama to comedy to action.

My stories always have meaning and depth to them, even if the surface is light and fun. I can also write convoluted and complicated stories that leave a person saying 'woah', then 'huh?' then 'woah' again (my favorite kind of story).

If you are serious about making a game or movie of high quality with valuable content, reply to this thread or send me a message and we can discuss further.

I just posted the profile and backstory of a character I made for a tabletop RPG on my profile as a writing sample. If you would like more, or if you would like to discuss script ideas, please reply to this thread or send me a message.

Response to Great writer looking for experience 2010-02-09 12:13:22

This seems like a really good opportunity for artists, few times it is that an user comes and propose a collaboration in which he or she works as a write and shows such great material and past experience summary. I personally am way too busy at the moment for being able to allow myself to start another animation project, but if I ever am motivated enough to do something big and need a writer, I am sure I'll keep this in mind!

Response to Great writer looking for experience 2010-02-09 21:48:45

If you haven't done so already, post your stuff in the writing forum. Be sure to specify that it's open for use. Hopefully you'll get some takers.

I had started the Storybook Collab a while back. I'm hoping to get it revived one day in the not too distant future. Now that we have the writing forum, it should be easier to get more usable material! Not sure if you have anything that would be fitting for that, but if so, be sure to keep an eye out for it!