00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

JoJoshke just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Project Co-ordinator available

983 Views | 6 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Project Co-ordinator available 2010-01-26 22:46:20

Hey there!

If your interested in collaborating with a group of people, and need someone to help organize, I'm for hire.

What I do first is basically help the group organize dates into a time line for assuring completion of the project. I then acquire a location for quick and easy file transfer, troubleshoot if possible (im geared more towards design than animation or programing) and give feedback to each member whenever possible.

The phrase "for hire" really depends on the individual group, so don't be shy if your looking to hire me without pay. That said, in all instances I prefer the group has a clear goal/direction that we can build upon; just makes thing a lot easier.

Anyway, thanks for reading,

take care,

Mat

Response to Project Co-ordinator available 2010-01-26 23:37:04

So you just tell people what to do while your relaxing all day?

I am a FAB

BBS Signature

Response to Project Co-ordinator available 2010-01-27 00:16:25

At 1/26/10 11:37 PM, windowskiller wrote: So you just tell people what to do while your relaxing all day?

Trust me, being a design student at nscad involves anything but relaxing all day. That said, you do have a point in that I don't necessarily contribute directly to the final game or video or whatever it is that the collab makes. What I do provide is organization and clarity.

I think I've developed a bad habit of sounding too professional. I don't want people to think I'm some snobbish no it all or something, I just find that I contribute the best in a group to an area that may be seen as unnecessary, which is why I put such emphasis on what I do.

As for telling people what to do, that's only partly true. I work with everyone to help develop there ideas further. This is simply because works usually turn out stronger when several different people have had there chance to look at the strengths and weaknesses of the idea.

Anyway, hope that helps clarify things more.

Thanks for the response,

mat

Response to Project Co-ordinator available 2010-01-27 11:42:35

for large scale games and projects it sometimes makes sense to have a project manager. i think that sometimes people are more resistant to taking criticism and managing when the project is for fun and they are in the trenches. No harm in throwing your hat out there.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Project Co-ordinator available 2010-02-07 20:16:10

At 1/27/10 11:42 AM, Luis wrote: for large scale games and projects it sometimes makes sense to have a project manager. i think that sometimes people are more resistant to taking criticism and managing when the project is for fun and they are in the trenches. No harm in throwing your hat out there.

Hmm, hadn't thought about that. I guess that is one of the most important aspects about a successful game, having fun. I'll keep that in mind, thanks.

Maybe in the meantime I'll get my profile up and going. I can guarantee having a blank page has got to be a turn off for anyone looking for experience.

Thanks, Mat.

Response to Project Co-ordinator available 2010-02-08 03:22:22

I like the idea of having access to a coordinator, Matthimaus. Many projects, online specifically, will have connections overseas and the like. Not to mention many of us use Newgrounds as a- well, for lack of a better team "lower tier" look into the creative community. Many ideas and stories that move on to bigger things start and come back here so it's prudent to have a connection with more professional organizers. I'd love you to keep me in mind for collaborative efforts as a writer.

Response to Project Co-ordinator available 2010-02-09 23:42:17

At 1/26/10 11:37 PM, windowskiller wrote: So you just tell people what to do while your relaxing all day?

OH TEH NOES!! He's trying to steal your shtick!!

Most people can manage their own projects... but you're more than welcome to contact collab organizers that appear overwhelmed and offer to help.