00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

carrotandlemon just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

How do I contact...

1,478 Views | 18 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

How do I contact... 2010-01-11 23:00:33

...an artist to get permission to remix/distribute their track?

First person to say "send them a pm, retard" is gonna get their ass kicked...

Like, not some artist on NG (no offense :P ) but an ACTUAL signed artist who's making money off of a track?

I've spent the past week remixing "Pjanoo" by Eric Prydz into an electro track, and it's turning out awesome...(yay for being humble!) But I don't know how to go about contacting him/whoever I need to talk to to get permission to release it, ya dig?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm pretttttty confuzzled.

Response to How do I contact... 2010-01-11 23:16:03

I'd recommend contacting Data Records (A sublabel of Ministry of Sound that should own the rights to the track) or Ministry of Sound itself.

Best route would probably be to track down an email and send them a demo and whatnot.

At 1/16/12 03:08 AM, Xyresic wrote: EchozAurora: The SEXY Audio Mod. (2019 edit lol not anymoar)

Check out soundcloud.com/echozaurora for more recent songs and DJ mixes!

BBS Signature

Response to How do I contact... 2010-01-11 23:54:42

Or just release it, and give credit to the original artist. Becuse Eric Prydz isn't going to care as long as you didnt claim the song to be yours.

Check out my new song ''Open the Eyes Of My Heart Lord''

3rd place in the weekly 5!

BBS Signature

Response to How do I contact... 2010-01-12 00:05:47

At 1/11/10 11:54 PM, Mans0n wrote: Or just release it, and give credit to the original artist. Becuse Eric Prydz isn't going to care as long as you didnt claim the song to be yours.

Don't take this guys advice. Great way to get sued.

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to How do I contact... 2010-01-12 00:08:03

At 1/12/10 12:05 AM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
At 1/11/10 11:54 PM, Mans0n wrote: Or just release it, and give credit to the original artist. Becuse Eric Prydz isn't going to care as long as you didnt claim the song to be yours.

Hahaha, yeah...no kidding :o
Regardless, I'm pretty sure he would care...I want to "release" it, as in try to make money off of it by selling it on itunes and whatnot. So I'm thinking he'd care if I was making money off of a remix of his track.

Response to How do I contact... 2010-01-12 00:11:14

At 1/12/10 12:08 AM, Argyros wrote:
Hahaha, yeah...no kidding :o
Regardless, I'm pretty sure he would care...I want to "release" it, as in try to make money off of it by selling it on itunes and whatnot. So I'm thinking he'd care if I was making money off of a remix of his track.

Yeah, which is why it's a good thing you had the mind to figure out how to get ahold of the artist first. Personally, my best guess is the same as mentioned above, get ahold of the record label in some way and ask about it like that.

More often than not, it's pretty useless sending an email to the artist themselves, as a lot of the time, they are spammed with fan mail, and not so much relevant information or concerns.

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to How do I contact... 2010-01-12 04:16:17

E-mail the company for further instructions.

BBS Signature

Response to How do I contact... 2010-01-12 05:24:38

Contact him via his myspace

Response to How do I contact... 2010-01-12 06:16:55

Not really. If a copyright holder has a problem with a remix, they will demand a takedown before moving to other legal practices - it's pointless and difficulty suing somebody over a not-for-profit work.

Response to How do I contact... 2010-01-12 12:11:09

Although, if down the road an opportunity presents itself to use that music for paid commercial purposes, you'll be straight pissed that you didn't get the permission to the rights to the remix.

BBS Signature

Response to How do I contact... 2010-01-12 12:53:08

At 1/11/10 11:00 PM, Argyros wrote: ...an artist to get permission to remix/distribute their track?

Like, not some artist on NG (no offense :P ) but an ACTUAL signed artist who's making money off of a track?

I've spent the past week remixing "Pjanoo" by Eric Prydz into an electro track, and it's turning out awesome...(yay for being humble!) But I don't know how to go about contacting him/whoever I need to talk to to get permission to release it, ya dig?

Licensing is not an easy subject dude. Even if you could get ahold of the label/copyrights holder they are not going to walk you through what exact papers you will need and what you will need to do after. Your best chances are just to go through a company that specializes in helping you get the license you need. LicenseMusicNow.com for example.

Response to How do I contact... 2010-01-12 13:02:00

At 1/11/10 11:00 PM, Argyros wrote: ...an artist to get permission to remix/distribute their track?

Licensing is not an easy subject dude. Even if you could get ahold of the label/copyrights holder they are not going to walk you through what exact papers you will need and what you will need to do after. Your best chances are just to go through a company that specializes in helping you get the license you need. LicenseMusicNow.com for example.

Response to How do I contact... 2010-01-12 13:15:10

Q - How do I contact Eric Prydz ?
A - You google on his name, find his website and click on the "CONTACT" button.

Response to How do I contact... 2010-01-12 21:03:53

Well next time you can get a hold of a famous artist, you let me know.

You don't happen to have p diddy's phone number do you?

Strychnine and cyanide. A healthy part of this complete breakfast.

Response to How do I contact... 2010-01-12 22:15:35

At 1/12/10 09:28 PM, DJRAV3N wrote: Almost impossible unless your signed to a label

Not really. You know, labels do employ these people called A&R reps to look at new talent and potentially arrange things with said talent.

Otherwise.. how in the hell do you think people would get signed to a label in the first place? =P

At 1/16/12 03:08 AM, Xyresic wrote: EchozAurora: The SEXY Audio Mod. (2019 edit lol not anymoar)

Check out soundcloud.com/echozaurora for more recent songs and DJ mixes!

BBS Signature

Response to How do I contact... 2010-01-13 20:05:03

From what I've heard, Pulstate is in touch with Eric Prydz and they talk regularly. I know that he wouldn't give out his contact information to just anybody but its worth asking. I can see what I can do also.

BBS Signature

Response to How do I contact... 2010-01-13 21:37:19

At 1/12/10 10:15 PM, EchozAurora wrote:
At 1/12/10 09:28 PM, DJRAV3N wrote: Almost impossible unless your signed to a label
Not really. You know, labels do employ these people called A&R reps to look at new talent and potentially arrange things with said talent.

Otherwise.. how in the hell do you think people would get signed to a label in the first place? =P

Well, these reps aren't doing a good job :P
I mean look...we have Justin Bieber, and people like Little Wayne being praised as if they actually make real music. As if they actually progressed music...

Administrator at WWW.MOTHERLESS.COM

BBS Signature

Response to How do I contact... 2010-01-13 22:46:37

At 1/13/10 09:37 PM, xxDjShockxx wrote: Well, these reps aren't doing a good job :P
I mean look...we have Justin Bieber, and people like Little Wayne being praised as if they actually
make real music. As if they actually progressed music...

Listen man. They do have some talent. Going around bashing other people ain't cool. No matter how good or bad you may think they are. Lil' Wayne, as a matter of fact, is considered one of the best rappers for because of his phenomenal flow and swagger when he raps. Justine Bieber is just a new kid-pop singer that has a nice voice, and a great producer.

Mainstream %u2260 bad music. Overrated, sometimes. Bad, no.

Back to the matter at hand

Dude, I'll ask around and see if I can get you some contacts for Eric Prydz / Pryda. It'll be tough, but it'd be nice to get in touch with him.

BBS Signature

Response to How do I contact... 2010-01-13 23:15:49

Yo doucher, send me a PM with your email? (as in Frank)
All my compy troubles are over :o :D
Or like, try to talk to me on MSN or something? I had some major fuckups and contacts went kapoof?

Anyways, thanks for all the help guys :) Kinda set me on the path to hopefully getting in contact with the people I need to contact. MUCH appreciated. :)