00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

eggomaniach just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Voice Acting Competition -5-

37,850 Views | 356 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Voice Acting Competition -5- 2009-12-25 02:07:43

Well i never thought I would actually have the wonderful pleasure of moving my hands over this keyboard to form together a bunch of symbols and words that bring together fellow voice actors in a competition here on Newgrounds for a 5th time. Well, looks like I do! Long story short, I came back because I love this place and was extremely inspired to start creating again.

Anyway, lets get THE 5TH VOICE ACTING COMPETITION started!

___RULES___ *please read so you dont get disqualified!*

In each contest I create a short, specific list of rules that you must follow in order to participate. Please follow these rules so that all of your hard work isnt thrown in the trash! :(

YOU MUST RECORD AN AUDIO ACTING SKIT THAT...

- Is about someone or something that has some sort of extreme addiction.
- Ends with the phrase "And that's why Im a millionaire"

- Uses at least three distinct character with three distinct voices
- Is your own original story, you may create a parody
- Is a minimum of 3 minutes in length
- Is a maximum of 8 minutes in length
- Uses only your own voices, no one may make a voice for you
- Uses non-copyrighted background music if you choose to put music in
- Uses no sound changers of any kind, besides reverb, echo, and equalizing effects
- When completed, upload it to the Ng audio portaland post the link in this thread.

And thats it for the rules! If you are banned and can not submit to the audio portal, then please send your entry to me. Now then, here is how each of your epic entries are judged through...

___THE JUDGING PROCESS___

Each entry will be judged like so:

Acting - The most important of all, YOUR ACTING! Your voice acting needs to sound like the character is actually in his or her situation. Try not to be monotone and dull. - 35 points

Fit - How well each charecters voice fit with their being. *An old man would have a raspy voice and a big guy would have a deep voice. e.t.c.* - 25 points

Originality - How original your story was. Be creative! - 15 points

Range - How well each character sounds different from eachother - 15 points

Mixing- Not all of us can afford a good mic, but please try to make your final production as high quality as possible! If your voice is fuzzy and staticy, the judges cant judge your voice as well. - 10

All of the judges will give you a score out of 100, based on this judging process. Then I will average the score salong with mine and review your submission with a summary of what each judge said. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO JUDGE, PM ME WITH YOUR EXPERIENCES IN VOICE ACTING. And of course, this contest has prizes from Tom Fulp!

___PRIZES___
1st: 40$ in store Credit + Bodacious Front Page

2nd: 30$ in store Credit +Spectacular Front Page

3rd: 20$ in store Credit + Wooty Woot Front Page

4th: 00$ in store Credit + Hey At Least You Get Front Page, Front Page.

Well thats about it guys! If there are any questions then feel free to ask in the thread! I hope to see some amazing results from this months contest. :) Good luck all entries!

CURRENT DEADLINE: FEBRUARY 1st *Thats a little over one month, so you guys have plenty of time*

Previous contests... *feel free to read through the crazy stuff that usually goes on in these contests*

1 | 2 | 3 | 4

Voice Acting Competition -5-

Response to Voice Acting Competition -5- 2009-12-25 02:09:46

Just to be clear guys, the main feature in this contest is:

Response to Voice Acting Competition -5- 2009-12-25 13:21:00

HEEEEELLLL YES!!! HE'S BACK!!

BBS Signature

Response to Voice Acting Competition -5- 2009-12-25 15:01:17

At 12/25/09 01:21 PM, tingtonger wrote: HEEEEELLLL YES!!! HE'S BACK!!

You know deep inside you feel absolute and udder terror.

You have no idea of my evil plans muwahaha

Response to Voice Acting Competition -5- 2009-12-25 15:06:27

I know, accept, and submit myself to your evil plans!

BBS Signature

Response to Voice Acting Competition -5- 2009-12-26 02:54:28

At 12/25/09 03:06 PM, tingtonger wrote: I know, accept, and submit myself to your evil plans!

And now the fun begins.

Response to Voice Acting Competition -5- 2009-12-27 15:40:09

And NOW the fun begins...

Response to Voice Acting Competition -5- 2009-12-27 22:00:03

Stupid newb barfs the question: The subject is BOTH something about an extreme addiction AND ends with the phrase "That's why I'm a millionaire."?

Response to Voice Acting Competition -5- 2009-12-28 00:14:17

At 12/27/09 10:00 PM, arghjustkillme wrote: Stupid newb barfs the question: The subject is BOTH something about an extreme addiction AND ends with the phrase "That's why I'm a millionaire."?

Overpowered asshole who thinks he knows everything: YES YOU IDIOT

Response to Voice Acting Competition -5- 2009-12-28 01:36:16

At 12/28/09 12:14 AM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote:
At 12/27/09 10:00 PM, arghjustkillme wrote: Stupid newb barfs the question: The subject is BOTH something about an extreme addiction AND ends with the phrase "That's why I'm a millionaire."?

Overpowered asshole? He's only a newb. Newgrounds can't have broke into him that quickly.

Strychnine and cyanide. A healthy part of this complete breakfast.

Response to Voice Acting Competition -5- 2009-12-28 02:53:15

At 12/28/09 01:36 AM, Mystery-Moon-Pie-Aud wrote:
At 12/28/09 12:14 AM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote:
Overpowered asshole? He's only a newb. Newgrounds can't have broke into him that quickly.

I mean i was the overpowered.. oh nevermind. I wasnt really trying to be rude i was just kidding around.

Response to Voice Acting Competition -5- 2009-12-28 20:15:37

Gimme time... I will wow you ALL! or atleast my cats...

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to Voice Acting Competition -5- 2009-12-31 17:10:01

Well its been kind of a slow start... but I am about to send PMs out to people. I hope this is as succesful as the previous ones, I always enjoy doing these contests.

Good luck to everyone! :)

Response to Voice Acting Competition -5- 2010-01-01 18:52:10

Good thing I meant 2 minutes as a minimum rather than 3 minutes!

MINIMUM TIME REQUIRMENT: 2 MINUTES

It is NOT NOT NOT 3 minutes!

Sorry about that.

Response to Voice Acting Competition -5- 2010-01-01 19:07:51

By saying "only you" for the voice acting, you mean as a singular person, or as a group, and not from variuos artists? just wonderin if I could catch a few frinds n' record wit em.

New self-titled album out now!

Lantaren

Response to Voice Acting Competition -5- 2010-01-01 20:14:25

At 1/1/10 07:07 PM, lantaren wrote: By saying "only you" for the voice acting, you mean as a singular person, or as a group, and not from variuos artists? just wonderin if I could catch a few frinds n' record wit em.

I mean only you as as a single person. .. which is what ONLY YOU typically means lol. xD

You would not be qualified to win any prizes, however, unless each person were to follow the criteria. This means each person in the group would have to record three of their own characters using their own voices. *So 3 is the minimum number of voices for one person, 6 is the minimum number for two persons*

err...I dont really want to go into any complications and deal with a group recording, so group recordings are not allowed because it is easier to record realistic conversations and will effect the overall quality of the audio.

So I AM NOT ALLOWING GROUP RECORDINGS. This contest is meant to show your talents in voice acting and your talents only! :)

Good luck!

Response to Voice Acting Competition -5- 2010-01-01 22:11:10

Empires rise and fall. Leaders pave the way to the future and are overcome by their people. Our world has a beginning and an end as does everything else. These are absolutes. Thing that will be. Things that must be. Things that fate has drawn out for us. These absolutes may haunt you. They may keep you up at night wondering: "what does fate have in store for me?". Well fear not. There is hope. There is something to hold onto to help you sleep and give you joy in your darkest hour: the sandwich returns 2010.

Reuben 2. Coming soon...Probably

Response to Voice Acting Competition -5- 2010-01-02 04:09:27

OMG HAI SEXY NICK ^ ^ your back ! nice to hear from your fine ass again :3

X3 SQUEE!!!!

anyways yeah i would love to ENTER this contest :3

Beavers know... they always did and always will... be wary. they are watching us as we speak.

BBS Signature

Response to Voice Acting Competition -5- 2010-01-02 18:03:10

You kno I'm entering, I'm totally into adictions, man...like sniffing cocaine from your toenails...mmm you sey fat beast with a rocket pack.

Response to Voice Acting Competition -5- 2010-01-02 21:56:48

Oh cool, it's back! Missed it last time, cause of my life. Hopefully I will be able to make something this time. I already have an idea so now I just need to actually make it. Good luck to myself and everybody else who's participating!

Response to Voice Acting Competition -5- 2010-01-02 23:00:56

At 12/25/09 02:09 AM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: Just to be clear guys, the main feature in this contest is:

what software do you use to record your voice?

Say I Cant.....See I Can

Response to Voice Acting Competition -5- 2010-01-02 23:57:06

Totally doing this.

Response to Voice Acting Competition -5- 2010-01-03 16:54:38

At 1/2/10 11:00 PM, JazzRipple wrote:
At 12/25/09 02:09 AM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: Just to be clear guys, the main feature in this contest is:

what software do you use to record your voice?

There are tons of audio recording software available. I personally use Garageband, but the program is only available for the Mac. For PC users I recommend Kristal or Audacity.

Response to Voice Acting Competition -5- 2010-01-03 17:38:51

I'm afraid I can't be a judge for this compo - because I wish to enter it! :D

Response to Voice Acting Competition -5- 2010-01-04 18:00:29

At 1/3/10 05:38 PM, Eddache wrote: I'm afraid I can't be a judge for this compo - because I wish to enter it! :D

Awesome! Your Turtle and the Wolf script is still one of my favorites.

And the sandwich adventures lol, that is also one of my favorites.

Response to Voice Acting Competition -5- 2010-01-04 21:21:56

Here's mine! Im glad I finally got to enter in an NG Voice Acting Competition!

Response to Voice Acting Competition -5- 2010-01-06 18:02:58

Awesome! Two entries already woop woop. :)

Response to Voice Acting Competition -5- 2010-01-08 19:03:43

Here's my entry. Chances are that it'll fail due to what's in it, but I don't care. I just wanted to give it a try. XD
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/3 02378

Response to Voice Acting Competition -5- 2010-01-09 20:26:30

---CURRENT ENTRIES---

---CURRENT JUDGES---

Just me... WE NEED JUDGES!!! I have have several offers but none had any experience in voice acting! This would not make the judging very fair, so if you would like to be a judge then please tell me your experiences. Thanks.

---CURRENT DEADLINE---

FEBURARY 5th

:)

Response to Voice Acting Competition -5- 2010-01-09 20:51:35

Why not get some people like Egoraptor, Tomamoto, or others of the like? That is, if they have the time.