00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

DegasTyson54 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Metroid Timeline

1,530 Views | 9 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Metroid Timeline 2009-11-19 18:11:29

The first metroid was in the nes, the game wasnt that self explanatory, so there is a remake for the gba which explains better the plot of the game,then it comes Metroid 2: return of samus, here she has too kill all metroid larvas, then Super Metroid(Metroid 3 in other words), when she have to return to the base and destroy mother brain once again, then comes Metroid fusion for gba(Metroid 4) which samus has been infected by an X-parasite, and then it comes Metroid the other M(which i suppose is number 5).

After beating all this games(exept Metroid 2 and the other M"obviously") I need to know where the Prime trilogy(and hunters) takes place.

Also hich is your personal favorite?Mine is between Zero mission and Super Metroid.

plz discuss

Response to Metroid Timeline 2009-11-19 18:19:37

The Prime series comes after the original Metroid(/Zero Mission) but before Metroid II, I think. What I'm wondering is if Other M is finally going to go past Fusion. And I actually haven't played Super Metroid (I'll get it as soon as I get an SNES!), but I'd have to say that out of what I've played, I like Zero Mission best.

Response to Metroid Timeline 2009-11-19 18:26:11

Fail. Metroid: Other M. is number 4, fusion is number 5

SWEARING IS BAD! Camoraz

:{D MUSTACHIOED FACE BEAT THAT :{P :{D} } } } Ohhhhhh it CAN be beaten by the DUMBLEDORE FACE

BBS Signature

Response to Metroid Timeline 2009-11-19 18:36:12

At 11/19/09 06:26 PM, Camoraz wrote: Fail. Metroid: Other M. is number 4, fusion is number 5

actually after a few second of turning the gba on it says "Nintendo presents...............Metroid 4" in Metroid fusion.

Response to Metroid Timeline 2009-11-19 19:31:35

According to Wikipedia, it goes:

1. Metroid/Metroid: Zero Mission
2. Metroid Prime
3. Metroid Prime Hunters
4. Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
5. Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
6. Metroid II: Return of Samus
7. Super Metroid
8. Metroid: Other M
9. Metroid Fusion

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metroid_%28 series%29#Games

Prepare for unforeseen consequences.

BBS Signature

Response to Metroid Timeline 2009-11-19 19:57:01

Super Metroid is my favorite. I don't think timelines in video games are all that important or very often logical.

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature

Response to Metroid Timeline 2009-11-19 20:10:51

Bevus hit it on the money, if you have the Trilogy then it has the entire timeline right there, excluding Other M's spot, which was already announced to come after Super Metroid.
My favorite is Prime 2 however, love that game.

what happened to this place?

Latest Blog: Chaos Sonic Ch 3 Update.

BBS Signature

Response to Metroid Timeline 2009-11-20 06:17:30

At 11/19/09 07:57 PM, BlackmarketKraig wrote: Super Metroid is my favorite. I don't think timelines in video games are all that important or very often logical.

Especially with Nintendo. They're more concerned with crafting good gameplay, not stories.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Metroid Timeline 2010-06-26 22:22:27

At 11/19/09 08:16 PM, The777Demon wrote:
At 11/19/09 06:26 PM, Camoraz wrote: Fail. Metroid: Other M. is number 4, fusion is number 5
i heard that adam is alive in other M. Which makes it take place before fusion.

No, he's not alive, it's supposed to be a flashback.
Adam was supposed to be dead around Metroid II or Super Metroid

Response to Metroid Timeline 2010-06-27 01:05:08

At 6/26/10 10:30 PM, Liquify wrote: The Metroid series is a GREAT series and is probably the most mature thing Nintendo has to offer, (don't you dare say the Conduit).

Especially since The Conduit isn't even made by Nintendo.