00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

RayRassaArt just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

is this a good bass guitar?

960 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

is this a good bass guitar? 2009-09-18 14:19:03

i was looking at this bass guitar and i was wondering if anyone knew anything about Dean guitars, are they any good? me and a friend have been playing some music together, and he's considering taking up bass in addition to electric guitar, but we'd like to know what other people would recommend as far as brand/model.

Response to is this a good bass guitar? 2009-09-18 15:55:47

Well, the pink one looks horrible and cheap. As features it's quite basic.
Depends what kind of music you want to make and how much you expect from a 200 $ instrument.
I would say to try instruments in a shop before buying.

Response to is this a good bass guitar? 2009-09-18 17:19:50

Yeah, ZS hit it on the head with a Fender Jazz.

I've also tried a friend's Schecter Stilleto 6 string, and it's absolutely wonderful in feel and sound.

Though, there can be horrible Fender Jazz basses and terrific cheap dean basses(okay, maybe not), but it can be a matter of chance with guitars. You just have to try a bunch of them out and get a personal opinion on them. Try not to go for how cool the body looks though, or how many spikes they can fit on the head stock.

~ My soundcloud! ~ Venus ~ hi i like liquor

BBS Signature

Response to is this a good bass guitar? 2009-09-18 18:10:51

Is there an echo in this forum....

Go to a store and try out some basses

If it feels like crap, it's probably crap. If it feels like love in your hands... then it's the bass for you.

Response to is this a good bass guitar? 2009-09-19 03:01:45

At 9/18/09 03:55 PM, sorohanro wrote: Well, the pink one looks horrible and cheap. As features it's quite basic.
Depends what kind of music you want to make and how much you expect from a 200 $ instrument.
I would say to try instruments in a shop before buying.

but....the pink one is so.....pretty......
just kidding. i agree it looks bad. i was thinking more about the green one. thanks for the replies everyone, deeply appreciate it. like i said, it's my friend looking for one, but he doesn't really come on NG musch anymore, so i thought i'd get some insight for him. i'll tell him to look into the Fender.

thanks again, guys.