00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

yampots just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Nanakisans Art

3,752 Views | 46 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Nanakisans Art 2009-09-10 02:26:54

I have returned with a viewing of my latest finished 3D project. Please tell me what you think.
I'll try to update this area as much as i can for now please enjoy this piece for now. also if you want the full size please go here.
http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/nanak isan/52nd-anniversary-of-sputnik

Nanakisans Art

Insanity is its own reward. But stupidity is also its own curse.

Metaverse Exchange

Want to earn cash taking surveys? Click here to learn more!

BBS Signature

Response to Nanakisans Art 2009-09-10 11:54:18

VERY NICE. Well done. Love your work.

ARTARTART If home is where the heart is, then aren't you screwed.

BBS Signature

Response to Nanakisans Art 2009-09-10 15:23:32

(jaw dropped) wow, on wut program is this? I find the reflection on the platform to be a bit too blurry, but kudos on the object it's self. Very good quotes too.

Yeah i need to work on a signature...maybe i'll borrow yours for now.

Response to Nanakisans Art 2009-09-10 15:45:14

At 9/10/09 02:26 AM, Nanakisan wrote: I have returned with a viewing of my latest finished 3D project. Please tell me what you think.
I'll try to update this area as much as i can for now please enjoy this piece for now. also if you want the full size please go here.

It's not terribly impressive, it's just a ball really, it's demonstrating that you can use 3-d and you can use text, show us something more complex than a ball.

Well, that's just radical. You're radical.

Response to Nanakisans Art 2009-09-10 16:15:59

At 9/10/09 03:23 PM, Zytemarre wrote: (jaw dropped) wow, on wut program is this? I find the reflection on the platform to be a bit too blurry, but kudos on the object it's self. Very good quotes too.

this was made using wings3d for the modeling links provided in the full size
and Kerkythea for the rendering. The blurry reflection was actually required to get the right coloring and reflection on the satellite. The bur is also actually a metal material i think it was a steel material that took on the colors of the HDRI background i used to make that color. also thanks on the comments for the quotes. they were hard to choose from the several others i had found on that blog.

all links to my resources are provided in the full size of my image if you wish to use the programs i used to make this.

Wings3d has been my single most used modeling program to this day ever since i started 3d art. let me tell you my first art was not what one would call good. until i started experimenting with other renderers and then discovered kerkythea to which i adore completely.

Metaverse Exchange

BBS Signature

Response to Nanakisans Art 2009-09-10 16:18:51

At 9/10/09 03:45 PM, GlassBomb wrote:
At 9/10/09 02:26 AM, Nanakisan wrote: I have returned with a viewing of my latest finished 3D project. Please tell me what you think.
It's not terribly impressive, it's just a ball really, it's demonstrating that you can use 3-d and you can use text, show us something more complex than a ball.

Thats your opinion on it but to me sputnik is more then a ball. heh you want complex ehh. very well. challenge accepted.

Metaverse Exchange

BBS Signature

Response to Nanakisans Art 2009-09-10 16:31:22

At 9/10/09 04:18 PM, Nanakisan wrote:
Thats your opinion on it but to me sputnik is more then a ball. heh you want complex ehh. very well. challenge accepted.

I'm not saying that the sputnik is "just a ball", I'm saying that's what it's shaped like, and that's what you made, I obviously realize it's significance in the real world, but it's like me going on Paint and filling in the screen with pink and showing it to everyone and saying "WELL IT'S MORE THAN JUST A COLOR, YOU SEE, PINK IS REALLY SIGNIFICANT, 'CAUSE, IT'S A COLOR THAT IS USED IN LOTS OF THINGS, AND A POP SINGER IS NAMED AFTER IT"

Well, that's just radical. You're radical.

Response to Nanakisans Art 2009-09-10 16:44:46

It does not matter whether it is sputnik or not, this isn't a space forum, it's an art forum.
Regardless, although the main shape may indeed be a sphere, there are other components to the model, which are not spheres.
On top of the fact that he created a 3D model, he also coloured it accordingly, adding shading and lighting. If you look closely at the pod, you'll notice that its body carries a reflection of the cosmos, showing stars and clusters.
So while it may not look as impressive at first, once you take a longer, closer look at it, you can see all the detail put into it.

Response to Nanakisans Art 2009-09-10 19:11:13

At 9/10/09 04:31 PM, GlassBomb wrote: PINK IS REALLY SIGNIFICANT, 'CAUSE, IT'S A COLOR THAT IS USED IN LOTS OF THINGS, AND A POP SINGER IS NAMED AFTER IT"

Actually, the pop singer is named after "mister Pink", which is a character in the Quintin Tarantino film Reservoir Dogs....

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Nanakisans Art 2009-09-11 04:08:22

At 9/10/09 04:44 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: It does not matter whether it is sputnik or not, this isn't a space forum, it's an art forum.
Regardless, although the main shape may indeed be a sphere, there are other components to the model, which are not spheres.
On top of the fact that he created a 3D model, he also coloured it accordingly, adding shading and lighting. If you look closely at the pod, you'll notice that its body carries a reflection of the cosmos, showing stars and clusters.
So while it may not look as impressive at first, once you take a longer, closer look at it, you can see all the detail put into it.

Thank you for your kind words on my work big-jonny.

also to the others may i ask that you be more polite and civil. I provided a opinion to glassbombs opinion nothing more and i did not mean to be rude if i was. now if you don't mind i need to vanish into the shadows to work on glassbombs challenge. muhahahahahahhaha!!!

Metaverse Exchange

BBS Signature

Response to Nanakisans Art 2009-09-12 20:10:48

At 9/10/09 03:45 PM, GlassBomb wrote: show us something more complex than a ball.

As you wish Glassbomb i have accepted your challenge and present you with this.
if you want to see the full size the link is below
also glassbomb thank you for that challenge you helped me workout some lighting quirks i was having with my rendering program.

High Res
http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/nanak isan/tetra-array

Nanakisans Art

Metaverse Exchange

BBS Signature

Response to Nanakisans Art 2009-09-12 20:27:07

Nice work on this one, although both are really great. Keep it up.

Response to Nanakisans Art 2009-09-13 01:17:11

At 9/10/09 07:11 PM, J-qb wrote: Actually, the pop singer is named after "mister Pink", which is a character in the Quintin Tarantino film Reservoir Dogs....

"i don't want to be mister pink" :D that's a good movie..haven't seen it in ages though

oh and very nice spudnik even though it does look like a spider that's been flipped on it's side.

Response to Nanakisans Art 2009-09-13 11:20:36

You make some great work. For Sputnik specifically, it's detailed and accurate. In most of your work, I've noticed, you seem to create artificial things, objects. Maybe, in the future, you could try to create something more, biological.

Response to Nanakisans Art 2009-09-13 11:24:09

wow a cube and a ball, your really good..............

Response to Nanakisans Art 2009-09-13 15:32:53

At 9/13/09 11:20 AM, Balazeal wrote: You make some great work. For Sputnik specifically, it's detailed and accurate. In most of your work, I've noticed, you seem to create artificial things, objects. Maybe, in the future, you could try to create something more, biological.

its more of a personal preference to do artificial. I do some biological stuff like simple ants and spiders but they are not textured so they come out like statues. I just like inanimate things but i do make character art from time to time. thank you for your nice comment

Metaverse Exchange

BBS Signature

Response to Nanakisans Art 2009-09-13 19:28:16

At 9/13/09 11:24 AM, kr8to wrote: wow a cube and a ball, your really good..............

*chases you with giant hammer of spikyness and nail board of awesomeness*

Metaverse Exchange

BBS Signature

Response to Nanakisans Art 2009-09-15 00:13:57

At 9/13/09 11:24 AM, kr8to wrote: wow a cube and a ball, your really good..............

Kr8to, don't be a dick-gripper...

And I must say, these images show a good deal of detail and talent. Very nice stuff Nanakisan. I'm impressed.

BBS Signature

Response to Nanakisans Art 2009-09-24 11:22:26

wow thats really cool

Response to Nanakisans Art 2009-10-06 16:08:36

Well to prove i['m not dead i hereby bump my thread from the 6th page to the 1st.

I also come bringing new art for you.
recently i've been on a Ocarina hitch and well whats not ocarina love without making some tribute to LoZ:OoT
heres the link to the full res
http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/nanak isan/ocarina-of-time-mania
enjoy
muhahaha

Nanakisans Art

Metaverse Exchange

BBS Signature

Response to Nanakisans Art 2009-10-06 17:45:36

At 9/13/09 11:20 AM, Balazeal wrote: You make some great work. For Sputnik specifically, it's detailed and accurate. In most of your work, I've noticed, you seem to create artificial things, objects. Maybe, in the future, you could try to create something more, biological.

Awhile ago i took in what you said and well this is the result of my first attempt at Organic Modeling.

Meet the Ararulnach Hunter
for full res go here
http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/nanak isan/ararulnach-hunter

Nanakisans Art

Metaverse Exchange

BBS Signature

Response to Nanakisans Art 2009-10-06 17:51:12

Last but not least is yet again more ocarina stuff. this time its wearing a tophat and monocle. aint it cute hahahahaha

full res go here to get it.
http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/nanak isan/ocarina-with-a-tophat-and-mono

Nanakisans Art

Metaverse Exchange

BBS Signature

Response to Nanakisans Art 2009-10-11 00:25:49

Heres a render concept i've been working on and is now in the finalizing stages for the render.
This is just a test render i made but the final will be slightly different with more details and better materials.

free cookie to who can guess the names of the three statues.

Nanakisans Art

Metaverse Exchange

BBS Signature

Response to Nanakisans Art 2009-10-11 01:22:40

At 10/11/09 12:25 AM, Nanakisan wrote: free cookie to who can guess the names of the three statues.

They're obviously the 3 goddesses - Din, Farore and Nayru

Response to Nanakisans Art 2009-10-11 01:47:45

you get a cookie *hands you a giant chocolate chunk cookie with white chips and chocolate frosting* enjoy. I do have to ask do you like my concept?

Metaverse Exchange

BBS Signature

Response to Nanakisans Art 2009-10-11 02:01:21

At 10/11/09 01:47 AM, Nanakisan wrote: you get a cookie *hands you a giant chocolate chunk cookie with white chips and chocolate frosting* enjoy. I do have to ask do you like my concept?

It's a good model. As long as the rendering comes out clean, it should be good.

Response to Nanakisans Art 2009-10-11 11:30:46

At 10/6/09 05:45 PM, Nanakisan wrote:
Awhile ago i took in what you said and well this is the result of my first attempt at Organic Modeling.

Meet the Ararulnach Hunter
for full res go here
http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/nanak isan/ararulnach-hunter

Hey, it's great to see that you've taken in my suggestion. The model looks quite nice; I'd love to see that textured.

Response to Nanakisans Art 2009-10-12 04:18:15

Tiny edits to the modeling and some better materials and we have this completed epicness. enjoy!
for full res go here.
http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/nanak isan/the-three-goddesses

Nanakisans Art

Metaverse Exchange

BBS Signature

Response to Nanakisans Art 2009-10-18 01:12:00

epp egads!! more Ocarinas is this man nuts i nthe head....no i'm not nuts I just love Ocarinas for some scary reason they seem to allow for very complex designs plus rendering them produces interesting results.

Anywho here we have my latest submission i like to call The Captains ocarina.
for full res go here http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/nanak isan/the-captains-ocarina

Nanakisans Art

Metaverse Exchange

BBS Signature

Response to Nanakisans Art 2009-10-30 23:05:34

sigh...been to long sicne my last update and sorry for the obligitory bump. anyway i'm on a boredom strike right now and i'm looking for inspiration. got an idea you think that screams omg nanakisan must make this in 3d because i want to see it in 3d then please by all mean shout it out in here. if i like it i'll work on it. Lately depression and stuff have struck me making me lazy bored as hell and well sluggish. that and blah blah blah blah blllaaaaaaaah I have also uploaded two new image to my gallery of some old fractal work your more then welcome to go check out. In more related news I'm now taking

COMMISSIONS!
Yes commissions but not just any kind of commissions.
I got into a design a ban hammer and pay me to render it mood. so if your interested in paying me to make a 3d version of your ban hammer concept then please PM me to keep the flood low on my thread.

Metaverse Exchange

BBS Signature