00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Site Status...

11,374 Views | 83 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Site Status... 2004-02-20 17:53:16

oh and my previous message was not for Takeitorlump it, but it was for "Lightning-X" or whatever that nerds name is

Response to Site Status... 2004-02-21 00:36:54

Okay, since you reposted your interview I'm reposting my reply to defend some of these outrageous remarks against "Alien Hominid" :)

At 2/12/04 01:31 AM, -nightwish- wrote: If it was on GBA, it could probably rival some of the high-budget games, but as you stand now, you're kinda outmatched. Which makes your company name sort of ironic. And inspiring. Who knows :) If you get every "fat kid" and oldschool player on the net hooked on this kinda console game, maybe you can create a nice spot in the market for small developpers.

-Tom Fulp has built Newgrounds from the ground up, largely on support from gamers who couldn't get enough of his innovative and humorous games. Newgrounds has over 448,521 users, excluding people who haven't signed up yet, which sets up nearly half a million people who are already fans of his work and will probably buy his game (ignoring the skeptics of course). I have complete confidence in Tom's adventure into software capitalism. Even though Tom doesn't have a multi-million dollar budget, he DOES have credibility. I know I'm personally going to buy this game, not only because it looks fun, but also to help support Newgrounds. After all, you wouldn't even be reading this forum if it weren't for the "FULP crew".

If you're a Newgrounds supporter, I think you owe it to Tom to buy this game and try to get others to do it also. He's worked hard to please his fans in the past, and I'm sure he'll do it again with "Alien Hominid".

Response to Site Status... 2004-02-21 01:15:12

At 2/14/04 08:44 PM, VG_OldSkool wrote: i can't really see AH being a big hit on the console in its current form, although id buy it anyway coz i love the flash version......if u want real results guys, go all the fucking way and make a total fully 3d AH platformer..then i could see AH makn an impact [...] although retro platformers are great and kick the asses of any game today with their great gameplay, you've got to keep in mind how times have changed since games like mario and excite bike. If you want my personal opinion, don't waste your money right now, keep it but aim higher, you could make somethin really good, and who knows, we might be seeing a Newgrounds as a certified games developer one day up there with the greats like squaresoft, capcom, nintendo, sega, midway.

I don't think the Fulp crew wants to beat any of the multi million dollar developers, because that would be an unrealistic goal.

Think of Tom's resources before you flame his 2d platform. He doesn't have a deluxe studio with an army sized staff like the monopolistic SquareEnix or EA games, he has Synj, who happens to be an incredibly good 2d artist (just play some of his games). I never read in the interview that he wanted to beat the giants of the industry, but it's still nice to see that these small time developers are willing to embrace their passion of breaking new grounds and stick their necks out on the market. Like I said in an earlier review, Tom has pleased his fans in the past, and I'm sure he'll do it again.

I think I can speak for Tom when I say that his motives don't include being the #1 console game (or atleast not right now), but rather to make an adequate profit on his game because of the fanbase that he already has, even though gaming magazines won't give it as good of ratings as Final Fantasy X-2, the latest Zelda, or Halo 2. But should the fact that he won't measure up to the leading games on the console hinder his passion and talent for making fun games? Of course not, after he makes money he can increase his resources and make better games with his talent, because that's how passionate entrepreneurs grow businesses.

Just check out some of the wacky vehicles and other crazy crap he's throwing in there. This is not your standard 2d platformer! I'm 100% confident in "Alien Hominid" being a fun game that people will enjoy enough to buy on their console.

Response to Site Status... 2004-02-21 16:24:13

could someone tell me how 2 make animations i know this has nothing 2 do with this subjet so plz someone tell me
email me at cent505@msn.com cheerz

Site Status...

Response to Site Status... 2004-02-23 13:05:24

Go to the Flash portion of the BBS. If you mean how to get Flash, then go to Macromedia and download a free 30 day trial. If you like it, you can purchase it.

Response to Site Status... 2004-02-23 14:52:58

thnx mate

Response to Site Status... 2004-02-25 09:29:45

At 2/20/04 05:49 PM, TaKEitOrLUMPiT wrote:

::

Ew i read the preview of Alien Homosexualnoid and I think Tom Pulp has gone overboard with this one, not only is he a failure in life who sits in his basement all day giving Wade Blow Jobs but now hes wasting his money producing a game that the graphics are worse than N64. Now dont try to defend your boyfriend Tom by saying graphics dont matter, because they do. And if you dont like it give me your adress and I will drive by shotugn your ass. second, the gameplay looks gay, u just go thru 2d crap worlds killing stupid CIA agents or whatever, LAME. Lacks all creativity. Now you may say i dont know what im talking about but i do. I am working on UT2005 with Atari.

You're working on UT2005? Do you know how much of an ass that last sentence made you look? Really, just stop for a moment and think about it. I doubt that even Atari would hire someone like you.

Anyway... the graphics sorta remind me of Viewtiful Joe if you know what I mean... probably because of the cartoonish coloring. Anyway, please let there be a PC version! Please!!

Response to Site Status... 2004-02-25 10:35:42

At 2/24/04 04:56 AM, ghostmint wrote: Blah blah blah fulp, thats no excuse for you not tending to your site, fix it, its completely ubsurd the level of abandonment on this site, you really need to update your front page. ugh. but i suppose you have some excuse for it, right. its been a week fulp, its not acceptable.

What on earth are you talking about? The problems were fixed the day after they were diagnosed (which isn't half bad considering that a replacement Hard Drive was being waited on and was delivered the day after it was ordered).

Response to Site Status... 2004-02-25 22:52:20

where do you buy your server's at ?
Also if you servers need to be rebuilt every 60 seconds then probally the system is not at the same quality as the other servers ,out of date is not running on the same boards or is more often then not overclocked., if these servers keep slowing down or are being rebuilt to quickly then the refresh rte usually need to be set to a fixed setting within the server's application.

Site Status...

Response to Site Status... 2004-02-27 23:14:18

It seems that there is something wrong again the movies arent loading

Response to Site Status... 2004-02-27 23:50:45

ummm.... yes I see that , I wonder if they are useing windows msql servers.

Site Status...

Response to Site Status... 2004-02-28 06:49:28

um... im not one to complane but when ever i try to open a movie or game it pops up as not found....

Response to Site Status... 2004-02-28 23:03:48

yup...

XBL Gamertag: Dr Lipschitz /// Steam ID: Zippomatt /// League: Zippomatt

last.fm

BBS Signature

Response to Site Status... 2004-03-01 07:00:40

At 2/20/04 05:49 PM, TaKEitOrLUMPiT wrote: I am working on UT2005 with Atari.

Considering neither Atari nor anyone else for that matter is making UT 2005, that's quite impressive... or just a load of bollocks. Personally I think it's the latter because, as TFate so rightly said, Atari wouldn't hire you because you sound like *and most likely are* a complete dick.

Site Status...

Response to Site Status... 2004-03-01 19:18:03

Screw Alien hominid, I WANT PICO 2 NOW!! *screams for an hour*
Well seriously, good luck on the game, just hope that it gets published. Most distributers stay away from the 2D shooters, like Metal Slug. Shame realy. So, who is distributing it and when? Maby pico 2 is hidden in there....

Response to Site Status... 2004-03-01 19:55:16

THis Site is fucking cool

Response to Site Status... 2004-03-01 19:59:13

I own u all

Site Status...

Response to Site Status... 2004-03-05 20:17:11

I'm patient of this plan
as humble as I can
I'll wait another day
Before I turn away
But know this much is true
no matter what I do
offend in every way
I don't know what to say.

I'm walking through the door
but they're expecting more
of an interesting man
sometimes I think I can
but how much can I fake?
I'll speak untill I break
with every word I say
offend in every way

You'll tell me to relax
and listen to these facts
that everyone's my friend
and will be 'till the end
but know this much is true
no matter what I do
no matter what I say
OFFEND IN EVERY WAY!

Morally Challenged

BBS Signature

Response to Site Status... 2004-03-05 21:43:40

I'm sure you all know me... Type in the word MILKY in the search, you'll find me... Type in the word ROUGE, and you'll find me, The Incredible ECHIDNAJOE!!!! so start talking!

Site Status...

Morally Challenged

BBS Signature

Response to Site Status... 2004-03-08 12:57:22

Alien Homoide? I liked the game but................Okay.

Response to Site Status... 2004-03-08 18:23:11

At 3/8/04 12:57 PM, mental_myles wrote: Alien Homoide? I liked the game but................Okay.

But okay
okay
okay
okay
okay
okay
okay
WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

Morally Challenged

BBS Signature

Response to Site Status... 2004-03-08 18:26:25

At 2/15/04 12:11 AM, chillville2003 wrote: That is pretty cool, I guess (the interview)!!!

abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
!@#$%^&*()

Don't be stupid, if ya want to wear out all the keys at once and my patience, go right ahead, dumbass

Morally Challenged

BBS Signature

Response to Site Status... 2004-03-20 00:34:44

Testing Testing.... 1.2.3. Testing

Response to Site Status... 2004-03-23 19:19:33

GOOD LUCK! I hope everything goes alright.