00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GrawlixMan just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Site Status...

11,375 Views | 83 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Site Status... 2004-02-13 20:50:32

At 2/13/04 08:24 PM, _altr_ wrote: Have gotton a few errors here and there today, bbs and flash portal, but otherwise been quite nice.

The errors you have been getting are most likely a result of the webserver resets that Tom makes note of somewhere in his initial post. Basically, what we think is happening is that a stack of page requests mount up as these resets occur and then those requests all burst through, putting pressure on the database to deliver all at once. Hopefully this will be resolved soon.

Response to Site Status... 2004-02-13 21:07:48

At 2/13/04 08:50 PM, liljim wrote: stuff

Was wondering, in relation to this "stack O pages" thingy.
Say I wanted to check the views on one of my submitions. Would going thru grounds gold put less of a strain on stuff then bringing up the movie/game's whole regular page?
I could see if you have a buttload of submitions it might be > the page ,strain wise. But, tiss why I'm asking =).
I've been going thru GG, just cause it'd seem less of a strain...

At 1/16/09 06:14 AM, Jonas wrote:

: Altr remains the only reason the BBS is here. It waits for him to post, and cries when he ignores it's unlubed asshole.

BBS Signature

Response to Site Status... 2004-02-13 21:11:34

Well the site is running alot better over here. Keep up the good work. Its hard waiting those long hours for the site to be back up though.

Response to Site Status... 2004-02-13 21:35:00

At 2/13/04 09:07 PM, _altr_ wrote: Was wondering, in relation to this "stack O pages" thingy.
Say I wanted to check the views on one of my submitions. Would going thru grounds gold put less of a strain on stuff then bringing up the movie/game's whole regular page?

I've disabled a number of pages/options on pages that were taking a long time (relatively) to execute. Anything that you're still able to use you shouldn't worry about using. :)

Response to Site Status... 2004-02-13 21:42:43

I can't wait for it (alien homnid)
, if you really want hype, put in adds!!11111 in Electrionic Gaming monthly, would probably love it! it would also make a FANTASIC GBA game, with the 2d and all.

BBS Signature

Response to Site Status... 2004-02-13 22:35:39

Good for you Tom you did not take the Jello. Pudding is the shit. Especially chocolate.

I Posted The Millionth Post

And Created The Hundred Thousandth Thread

Response to Site Status... 2004-02-14 00:24:36

its wokkin bedder than it did

Response to Site Status... 2004-02-14 03:38:19

I noticed some of the search options are shutdown. It probably takes alot of space to make those work.

I still don't know who Tom's daddy is or what he does so, Wade, who is your daddy, and what does he do?

px hulk.

BBS Signature

Response to Site Status... 2004-02-14 04:47:11

looks like the interview went okay. good for u! lookin forward to the game, and the music (with oomph?)

Response to Site Status... 2004-02-14 10:17:13

how much is it gonna cost in stores?

Response to Site Status... 2004-02-14 11:59:59

Is this game going to be for PC too?
I sure hope so becouse I have only my PC!

Response to Site Status... 2004-02-14 15:06:19

WOW Alien hominid looks HORRIBLE... it would be good as a flash game, but i cant beleive Tom Pulp is making it for consoles... the graphics look terrible for a console game!

Response to Site Status... 2004-02-14 17:24:28

At 2/14/04 03:06 PM, SmooveB wrote: WOW Alien hominid looks HORRIBLE... it would be good as a flash game, but i cant beleive Tom Pulp is making it for consoles... the graphics look terrible for a console game!

Oh do shut the fuck up. Anyone that cares about graphics is a moron. Gameplay is everything. Without looking at your profile (as they're down), I'd guess you're probably not old enough to remember when games were made to be played, not looked at. You probably weren't even born when Mario 3 (IMO, the second greatest game ever) was released.

Response to Site Status... 2004-02-14 17:28:50

At 2/14/04 03:06 PM, SmooveB wrote: WOW Alien hominid looks HORRIBLE... it would be good as a flash game, but i cant beleive Tom Pulp is making it for consoles... the graphics look terrible for a console game!

don't buy it then, let all the people that do prove you wrong.

Response to Site Status... 2004-02-14 17:30:31

At 2/14/04 03:06 PM, SmooveB wrote: [uneducated blathering]

There's something called tact.

There's also something called not flaming a site admin on his own BBS.

Not smooth, "Smoove".
-- Scaper-X

Response to Site Status... 2004-02-14 17:40:36

graphics are only important when they add to or take from the gameplay.
the graphics on "blood omen" suck by todays standerds as to teh 16 bit graphics of final fantasy 4 (witch is my favoret) but they are still great game that kick the utter B-jesus out of most "good" games today.
(mario 3 rules....but what was with the boot and the bair suite?)

Response to Site Status... 2004-02-14 17:52:54

You guys have disabled the profiles for maintenance. What's up with that?

Response to Site Status... 2004-02-14 18:42:49

I read that whole interview, and AH seems like it could be the fuckin' sh!zzn!t, dude! I would probably buy it since it is 2 player and all!

Response to Site Status... 2004-02-14 18:49:09

The profiles are back. Finally, I can check out my rank. :P

Response to Site Status... 2004-02-14 20:44:45

I've got to say, although some of my favourite games are shoddy (graphics wise) compared to todays standards and bad graphics dont put me off good games, look at FFVII for instance, they had cubes for hands!but still a classic......i can't really see AH being a big hit on the console in its current form, although id buy it anyway coz i love the flash version......if u want real results guys, go all the fucking way and make a total fully 3d AH platformer..then i could see AH makn an impact, but right now, the non-NG PS2 market consumers will walk by it for games like medal of honour, metal gear solid, tekken, hitman etc etc........although retro platformers are great and kick the asses of any game today with their great gameplay, you've got to keep in mind how times have changed since games like mario and excite bike. If you want my personal opinion, don't waste your money right now, keep it but aim higher, you could make somethin really good, and who knows, we might be seeing a Newgrounds as a certified games developer one day up there with the greats like squaresoft, capcom, nintendo, sega, midway.....please seriously think about what i've said and think to yourselves if its worth it the now.

Response to Site Status... 2004-02-14 22:39:12

I dont know or care what the server thing you are talking about is. All I know and care about is Alien Hominid. That looks so freakin awsome. I am gonna get that first thing when it comes out. That game is so sick.

Response to Site Status... 2004-02-15 00:11:47

That is pretty cool, I guess (the interview)!!!

abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
!@#$%^&*()

Response to Site Status... 2004-02-15 10:10:46

I just fouind a submission with over a million more views than alien hommid, but I doubt it will get a console version. It's called Pimp's Quest.

Response to Site Status... 2004-02-15 13:10:32

At 2/15/04 10:10 AM, Father_Time wrote: I just fouind a submission with over a million more views than alien hommid, but I doubt it will get a console version. It's called Pimp's Quest.

You douche bag! alien hominid kicks ass compared to Pimp's Quest! that game is just a sim anyways! more views or not alien hominid is known alot more than pimp's quest so u can shove it! traitor

Site Status...

Response to Site Status... 2004-02-15 13:19:48

For all you that are completely baffled by this post, NFS stands for Network File System and it's a way for linux (and many other OS's) to share a hard drive over a network. So in the lamest terms I can come up with, there's one server that stores all the files and the other servers ask it for the files they need.

Tom, it sounds like you're using autofs to automount the NFS filesystems and you can just change the timeout period in its configuration file but even so, I find it hard to believe that the timeout is being reached. The timeout period is how long the filesystem remains inactive before it gets unmounted, so it would only be getting unmounted if it weren't being used, not when it's under heavy load. A much more likely culprit would be that you're reaching the limit of pending requests and need to upgrade your kernel to at least 2.5.47 although it would be much more logicaly to use 2.6 since it's a 'stable' release rather than a 'testing' one like 2.5 is.

Response to Site Status... 2004-02-15 22:57:30

TomFulp

god your hot...sorry...just had to say something

Site Status...

Response to Site Status... 2004-02-16 14:37:46

TOM this is pure fucking sweet how are you and synj gettin on with it? Just like to say you and synj who is me fav flash artist have influenced me to set up me own flash studio its gunna be called 5 second productions and i should ave it up by da end of this year could you email me some tips cheers me e-mails bencheekymonkey@hotmail.com

Response to Site Status... 2004-02-20 16:10:08

its all right man, dont worry 'bout a thing

Site Status...

Response to Site Status... 2004-02-20 17:49:53

Ew i read the preview of Alien Homosexualnoid and I think Tom Pulp has gone overboard with this one, not only is he a failure in life who sits in his basement all day giving Wade Blow Jobs but now hes wasting his money producing a game that the graphics are worse than N64. Now dont try to defend your boyfriend Tom by saying graphics dont matter, because they do. And if you dont like it give me your adress and I will drive by shotugn your ass. second, the gameplay looks gay, u just go thru 2d crap worlds killing stupid CIA agents or whatever, LAME. Lacks all creativity. Now you may say i dont know what im talking about but i do. I am working on UT2005 with Atari.

Site Status...

Response to Site Status... 2004-02-20 17:50:03

Shut up you skinny nerd, I do somewhat agree that gameplay outweighs graphics, but the original Alien Hominid in flash was just another boring 2-D shooting game. Go jack off to Toms profile picture, fool