00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Rough Anime Attempt Of Profile

1,153 Views | 22 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Rough Anime Attempt Of Profile 2009-08-31 12:42:54

I attempted to draw a profile of someone imaginary in the manga/anime style of Takeshi Obata in Death Note.

It's not exactly anime but I'd love it if someone could help me draw anime.

Here is the picture:

P.S. I wish Newgrounds allowed PNGs for everything. .jpgs and .gifs suck.

Rough Anime Attempt Of Profile

I've been with newgrounds since 2001!!! The first flash animation I saw was Elmo's Got A Gun.

The Something Is Wrong Collab

BBS Signature

Response to Rough Anime Attempt Of Profile 2009-08-31 12:44:30

Oh wow.

This...

Oh wow.

Latest Blog Entry - thx

BBS Signature

Response to Rough Anime Attempt Of Profile 2009-08-31 12:45:08

hmm needs a lot of work
first study head shape and proportions
second it needs eyes they help
third practice youll thank yourself for it

Response to Rough Anime Attempt Of Profile 2009-08-31 12:47:57

if i recall death note is a more realistic style of manga which this most definately is not

Response to Rough Anime Attempt Of Profile 2009-08-31 12:48:27

I forgot to mention that I did it quickly and had realised bad proportions etc.

Eyes were hidden behind hair also.

At 8/31/09 12:45 PM, ashman112 wrote: hmm needs a lot of work
first study head shape and proportions
second it needs eyes they help
third practice youll thank yourself for it

I've been with newgrounds since 2001!!! The first flash animation I saw was Elmo's Got A Gun.

BBS Signature

Response to Rough Anime Attempt Of Profile 2009-08-31 12:50:08

Are you absolutely certain you want to draw anime?

Response to Rough Anime Attempt Of Profile 2009-08-31 12:54:24

anime?
i dont think your cut out for anime man

Old art thread: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /979013

If you love me, you will look at my clothing as well: http://surrealserendipity.bigcartel .com/

BBS Signature

Response to Rough Anime Attempt Of Profile 2009-08-31 13:01:40

learn to draw first, so many people in high school started off with anime and they just stank.

I recomend going somewhere and drawing everything and anything you see

Response to Rough Anime Attempt Of Profile 2009-08-31 13:16:35

You can't be serious.

BBS Signature

Response to Rough Anime Attempt Of Profile 2009-08-31 13:19:48

At 8/31/09 12:50 PM, TheDaveAngle wrote: Are you absolutely certain you want to draw anime?

Just asking because it's popular and all, but it's not the only thing out there, and newcomers shouldn't really just latch onto a style without knowledge of other possibilities.

Response to Rough Anime Attempt Of Profile 2009-08-31 13:44:28

Yeah... I wouldn't really call that anime in any way shape or form, unless it's anime done by 5-year-olds... If you don't have one, consider investing in a graphics tablet. Might help a bit. Before you do that, however, try just pencil and paper. Once you're good with those, switch to digital. Using reference pictures doesn't hurt, either.

Response to Rough Anime Attempt Of Profile 2009-08-31 13:49:33

It seems you're a beginner, so here is a suggestion:

DO NOT DRAW ANIME

-Try to learn to draw real people. It will be harder, but you will gain a lot more respect because anime is far too overdone.

No mate, no.

BBS Signature

Response to Rough Anime Attempt Of Profile 2009-08-31 14:45:17

Yeh like Joe the Toucan said dont draw anime at first learn to draw ordinary things and people because to be able to distort the real form into cartoon you must first know the real form.

BBS Signature

Response to Rough Anime Attempt Of Profile 2009-08-31 15:05:31

At 8/31/09 02:45 PM, Kurai-Samurai wrote: Yeh like Joe the Toucan said dont draw anime at first learn to draw ordinary things and people because to be able to distort the real form into cartoon you must first know the real form.

I couldn't have said it any better.
Learn how to draw first, and consider doing some original stuff too.

Response to Rough Anime Attempt Of Profile 2009-09-02 11:24:06

Doesn't anyone realise I'm asking how to draw anime?

BBS Signature

Response to Rough Anime Attempt Of Profile 2009-09-02 11:26:00

At 8/31/09 01:49 PM, JoeTheToucan wrote: It seems you're a beginner, so here is a suggestion:

DO NOT DRAW ANIME

-Try to learn to draw real people. It will be harder, but you will gain a lot more respect because anime is far too overdone.

Doesn't anybody read anymore?

BBS Signature

Response to Rough Anime Attempt Of Profile 2009-09-02 11:43:25

I'd help you, but then I'd feel guilty for creating another anime artist.

Seriously, anime sucks. It takes out all the creativity, style and detail that makes up a good picture. So try to draw stuff in a realistic style. Once you can do that fairly well, you can start developing your own style if you haven't already. Just don't draw anime.

BBS Signature

Response to Rough Anime Attempt Of Profile 2009-09-02 12:13:48

Okay, Im going to try to offer some constructive criticism here. Ill try to keep it as "nice" as possible, but it might be a bit confronting.

Style is a difficult topic. (anime is a style) A lot of starting artists want to have a certain style, or ask how they can improve their style. That doesnt really make sense. style should be something you "are" something that comes natural. Your style will come to you natural, while drawing. Your style will adapt while you draw.
The problem with anime is that a lot of poeple are trying to copy that style. which makes it
A) Boring, repetitive
B) artificial, not genuine

Now if you still really want to learn to draw anime, Id suggest starting with practicing drawing what you see. whether it be someone elses drawings, or a real life object. Try copying what you see.
If you can do that: google "how to draw anime", follow the steps and voila, you can draw anime.

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Rough Anime Attempt Of Profile 2009-09-02 12:15:52

How is this anime and how is this art.

So zetta slow!

BBS Signature

Response to Rough Anime Attempt Of Profile 2009-09-02 14:47:16

that the fuck is this shit?

01010011011001010111100001110101011 00001011011000110110001111001001000

BBS Signature

Response to Rough Anime Attempt Of Profile 2009-09-02 15:31:07

if your quality is like that!... and your starting of... and this is your most pride and joy picture... then i think you should look at your options...

1. i want to draw good stuff now!... i dont need to hear what you say...
2. i shall put some devotion and time into it and learn how to draw anime / manga...

if your anwser is 1... farewell.. your kind is not welcome here...

if your anwser is 2... grab either some "learn to draw" books... or find some picture... and draw them free hand and keep doing this untill you are able to pick up the style better... at the moment your blob is nothing more then a childish mess in MS paint... so unless you want to spend a few years to improve for some reason... i wouldnt sugest starting from that level of artistic talten... *or lack of it*

BBS Signature

Response to Rough Anime Attempt Of Profile 2009-09-02 15:37:19

At 8/31/09 12:42 PM, mrjanga wrote: I attempted to draw a profile of someone imaginary in the manga/anime style of Takeshi Obata in Death Note.

It's not exactly anime but I'd love it if someone could help me draw anime.

Here is the picture:

P.S. I wish Newgrounds allowed PNGs for everything. .jpgs and .gifs suck.

This is not fucking manga, dammit. Not even close!

VIVRE CANADA LIBRE!!! VIVRE LE RÉPUBLIQUE CANADIENNE!!!

Fuck Ayn Rand

Response to Rough Anime Attempt Of Profile 2009-09-02 15:39:54

At 9/2/09 11:24 AM, mrjanga wrote: Doesn't anyone realise I'm asking how to draw anime?

Apparently not, because you didn't ask.

If you're wanting to learn how to draw it better, there are plenty of How To Draw Manga/Anime books out there you could look into. Like I said, though, start with good ol' pencil and paper before doing digital stuff. And when you do go to digital art, then invest in a tablet.