00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Schwicky just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Meat-heads By Jack

178,120 Views | 923 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Meat-heads By Jack 2015-06-11 03:27:01 (edited 2015-06-11 03:27:34)

At 5/19/15 11:48 PM, 123mine123 wrote: The banana reminds me of that Courage the Cowardly Dog episode.. I wish I can buy the t-shirt. xD

BUY EEEET!!!
Anyway, yeah Courage is good, that was a good episode.

Trying to get featured in the "Greatest" and "Popular" sections of the art portal. Just kidding. Ha. Ha.

The Meat-heads By Jack

Response to The Meat-heads By Jack 2015-07-22 18:41:24 (edited 2015-07-22 18:44:48)

Response to The Meat-heads By Jack 2015-07-22 19:30:05

At 7/22/15 07:14 PM, SubliminalVirus wrote: when you use water colour with ink do you need to apply them in a certain order?
or can you just go willy nilly?

It depends on what kind of ink you're using, there are waterproof (indelible) and non-waterproof inks. I use waterproof ink so it doesn't matter which order I go in, but non waterproof inks will "reactivate and run if you go over them with water.
So get indelible inks, then you can go willy nilly and have a gay ol time.

PS I swear I'm working on that ink tutorial, Dark.

Response to The Meat-heads By Jack 2015-07-23 02:00:09

At 7/22/15 07:30 PM, JackDCurleo wrote:
PS I swear I'm working on that ink tutorial, Dark.

I swear Orn and I are working on Sock's and Zane's ukes.

Response to The Meat-heads By Jack 2015-07-28 22:33:42

Scribble portrait playing with colors

Also I sometimes take a break from drawing to make nightmares.

The Meat-heads By Jack

Response to The Meat-heads By Jack 2015-08-25 15:04:04

Response to The Meat-heads By Jack 2015-09-26 12:49:02

Hey guys, I've got a cool thing to post today, Cool Thing, its a Timelapse video of the posted drawing, I'm going to try to get a new one out every week. That's all for now.

The Meat-heads By Jack

Response to The Meat-heads By Jack 2015-10-01 23:15:31

Hey, here's another timelapse video of a mixed media thing.

Also an Inktober scribble some of you cool people saw in the chat.

The Meat-heads By Jack

Response to The Meat-heads By Jack 2015-10-29 18:40:29 (edited 2015-10-29 18:41:20)

I suppose this could do with an update. I've been drawing quite a bit lately and there are a lot more smaller scribbles on my instagram, (@ jackcurleo) as well, also I have timelapse videos of a few of these on my youtube, the links are on the art portal posts.

The Meat-heads By Jack

Response to The Meat-heads By Jack 2015-10-30 18:41:41

This thread makes me want to crank out my charcoal and pencils then go take a class or something.

Dr. Spedmund McMallet

BBS Signature

Response to The Meat-heads By Jack 2015-11-19 01:12:24

At 10/30/15 06:41 PM, Spedmallet wrote: This thread makes me want to crank out my charcoal and pencils then go take a class or something.

Thanks man, that's probably the best compliment I can get. Classes are a great way to broaden approaches to art, I really don't understand the seemingly strong hate some people here have for art classes.
Anyway here are some of the smaller drawings I've been doing. I don't like updating with these one at a time since they're so small so I let a few good ones built up.
Snip
Green smile
Wings
Also the drawings I bothered to put in the portal:

The Meat-heads By Jack

Response to The Meat-heads By Jack 2015-12-05 23:53:41

#mouthspider

The Meat-heads By Jack

Response to The Meat-heads By Jack 2016-01-09 23:40:37

Happy New Year everybody. Lately I've been doing a lot of portrait practice so I'm gonna dump a few of them. For these studies I mostly go on instagram and facebook and take whatever 'good' selfies I come across and focus on getting the likenesses down as good as I can in as short a time as possible. I mostly have just been doing it in black and white with some colored background or accents but now I'm gonna try to get in the swing of using them to practice colors as well. Anyway here are the most recent two, the dude is colored pencil and the girl is marker.

The Meat-heads By Jack

Response to The Meat-heads By Jack 2016-01-10 00:11:03

Two more older ones I figure I may as well update this thread more.

The Meat-heads By Jack

Response to The Meat-heads By Jack 2016-01-10 14:13:54

At 1/9/16 11:40 PM, JackDCurleo wrote: Happy New Year everybody. Lately I've been doing a lot of portrait practice so I'm gonna dump a few of them. For these studies I mostly go on instagram and facebook and take whatever 'good' selfies I come across and focus on getting the likenesses down as good as I can in as short a time as possible. I mostly have just been doing it in black and white with some colored background or accents but now I'm gonna try to get in the swing of using them to practice colors as well. Anyway here are the most recent two, the dude is colored pencil and the girl is marker.

These look awesome man, good progress, especially for the media you're using! I leaned on the benefits of digital when I was doing my most recent mr bean thing, so I'm impressed B)

Response to The Meat-heads By Jack 2016-01-21 04:29:04

At 1/10/16 02:13 PM, Spags wrote: These look awesome man, good progress, especially for the media you're using! I leaned on the benefits of digital when I was doing my most recent mr bean thing, so I'm impressed B)

Thanks man! I just try to experiment with the colors as much as possible and get the form gradually better. Your recent stuff has been really awesome across the board too!
I just finished the latest in my "Unseen" series of drawings.

The earlier one

The first one

Also I was out bird watching the other day and saw this creature walking around I believe it's @Carrion truely majestic.

The Meat-heads By Jack

Response to The Meat-heads By Jack 2016-01-21 15:10:51

At 1/21/16 04:29 AM, JackDCurleo wrote: Also I was out bird watching the other day and saw this creature walking around I believe it's @Carrion truely majestic.

eheheheh

Response to The Meat-heads By Jack 2016-01-22 17:19:44

At 4/28/15 05:08 PM, JackDCurleo wrote: Here's a drawing.
http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/jackdcurleo/in-flight-entertainment

Wow I really love this piece would love a color version but this speaks so much detail, nice work here.

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to The Meat-heads By Jack 2016-02-06 02:09:38

At 1/22/16 05:19 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: Wow I really love this piece would love a color version but this speaks so much detail, nice work here.

~X~

That one will remain black and white; same goes for just about any of the other black and white ink pieces I do, they simply aren't made to be colored. The decision to use and not use color is something I think a lot about before doing an ink piece, mostly because the type of ink that I use, the types of markers I use and the fact that I don't think ink and colored pencils compliment each other well the way I use them means that (in most cases) I have to decide before laying ink down if there will be color in a drawing or not.
Not to mention color would distract from the detail work, glad you like it though.

Anyway, here are two oil paintings I've been working on for a class, they may or may not be finished, but they're not due for another week so I may make some changes and don't want to put them up in the art portal.
First one, "Pounce Wheel," very useful tool for pattern making in fashion.

The Meat-heads By Jack

Response to The Meat-heads By Jack 2016-02-06 02:12:34

Second one, a stylized stormy night, both are painted on 12" X 36" canvases, a lot of fun to work on.
I'm probably going to be working a lot more brightness and colors into this one.

The Meat-heads By Jack

Response to The Meat-heads By Jack 2016-02-11 01:34:02

Response to The Meat-heads By Jack 2016-02-11 20:30:29

Rawr, using up ink that's not so good anymore.

The Meat-heads By Jack

Response to The Meat-heads By Jack 2016-02-12 01:28:15

At 2/6/16 02:12 AM, JackDCurleo wrote: Second one, a stylized stormy night, both are painted on 12" X 36" canvases, a lot of fun to work on.
I'm probably going to be working a lot more brightness and colors into this one.

fuck yeah dude. I am proud of you for making the jump to color. I have put off that jump for years now. well done!!!

Current Art Thread some NSFW (2022)

Past Art Thread (2013-2020)

**If you want to learn how to draw Direct Message me! I'm looking to teach people.**

BBS Signature

Response to The Meat-heads By Jack 2016-02-12 02:22:11

At 2/12/16 01:28 AM, Spac3case916 wrote: fuck yeah dude. I am proud of you for making the jump to color. I have put off that jump for years now. well done!!!

Thanks man, I've actually loved using color since pretty much my start and have been using it pretty steadily but yeah black and white ink has obviously been my sort of bread and butter for the past couple years.
Also if you're getting into color I'd strongly recommend getting into oil paints. The amount of understanding of color I've gained since I started oil painting versus markers, colored pencil, watercolor acrylic paints etc. has been crazy. I think it's the amount of time you have to mix and work with as well as the way it lays that gives much more time to experiment and work with.
Also quick little scribble because why not.

The Meat-heads By Jack

Response to The Meat-heads By Jack 2016-02-12 23:42:00

For this one I took inspiration from some of @Spac3case916 and @yurgenburgen 's work, I don't know how well that comes across, but I was flipping through their galleries as I drew this.

The Meat-heads By Jack

Response to The Meat-heads By Jack 2016-02-13 17:21:00

At 2/12/16 11:42 PM, JackDCurleo wrote: For this one I took inspiration from some of @Spac3case916 and @yurgenburgen 's work, I don't know how well that comes across, but I was flipping through their galleries as I drew this.
http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/jackdcurleo/abstractions

whaaaaat duuuuude i am honored!!! I love that. That's community right there. A space where we have energy and bounce it around. thank you so much. what an honor

Current Art Thread some NSFW (2022)

Past Art Thread (2013-2020)

**If you want to learn how to draw Direct Message me! I'm looking to teach people.**

BBS Signature

Response to The Meat-heads By Jack 2016-02-13 18:09:36

At 2/13/16 05:21 PM, Spac3case916 wrote: whaaaaat duuuuude i am honored!!! I love that. That's community right there. A space where we have energy and bounce it around. thank you so much. what an honor

No problem man, if anything I should be thanking you, I saw that blind contour eye drawing you did a while ago and loved that effect.

Response to The Meat-heads By Jack 2016-03-01 15:48:53 (edited 2016-03-01 15:50:52)

At 2/11/16 01:34 AM, JackDCurleo wrote: SHRED

Shred some more but just lines this time; color to come soon.
First time going back to microns for inking since like 2011 or something. Having fun.

The Meat-heads By Jack

Response to The Meat-heads By Jack 2016-03-01 18:51:32

At 3/1/16 03:48 PM, JackDCurleo wrote:
At 2/11/16 01:34 AM, JackDCurleo wrote: SHRED
Shred some more but just lines this time; color to come soon.
First time going back to microns for inking since like 2011 or something. Having fun.

Mit Farben

The Meat-heads By Jack

Response to The Meat-heads By Jack 2016-03-01 23:42:55

One more for today.

I've been working on this on and off for a few weeks, at least it feels like a few weeks. It was originally way different conceptually, with way more flowers, but then once I sketched it out it looked like Grateful Dead fan art and I couldn't get past that so I played down the flowers a lot and just focused on the colors. I kind of fizzled out on it though and decided to take it a different direction by using charcoal instead to finish it all off. All in all I'm happy with the way it turned out, though now that I've got some things about it figured out I'll probably be revisiting it in the future.

The Meat-heads By Jack