00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

American Football Discussion

295,290 Views | 4,005 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to American Football Discussion 2013-02-02 23:25:35

At 2/1/13 08:00 PM, orangebomb wrote:
NFL MVP: Adrian Peterson. He was the main reason why the Vikings more than tripled their win total from last year and made the playoffs.

I'm glad that he won this award. He deserved this. I believe that without him, the Vikings wouldn't have come close to making the playoffs this season and that while Peyton Manning helped out the Broncos a lot, they could have gotten to the playoffs without him.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2013-02-03 02:24:10

At 2/2/13 08:23 PM, orangebomb wrote:
At 2/2/13 05:06 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: Hall of Fame voting results will be announced in 30 minutes.
The 7 hall of famers are:

Coach Bill Parcells. {should've been in last year}
WR Cris Carter
DT Warren Sapp
OL Jonathan Ogden and Larry Allen
DL Curley Culp
LB Dave Robinson

Andre Reed got snubbed again but i'm not surprised. The HOF loves their OL and don't really like to add more than one WR a year and Carter was certainly the better receiver. I think it'll be another year or two before he gets in but if Kelly and Thomas got inducted then he deserves it too.

Response to American Football Discussion 2013-02-03 23:49:17

49ers fail, get used to being 5-1!!!! Ravens beat dat ass, and if it wasn't for that Blackout anyone with an IQ above 80 knows that they would have lost in a lop-sided Super Bowl. Ravens had the momentum the entire game up until that freaking 30-40 minute Blackout.

Jesus Christ the one True God of Love and Peace.

Response to American Football Discussion 2013-02-04 22:37:50

I like the Super Bowl game last night. The 49ers was so close to scoring if they had just run the ball...a few yards is better than non at all...

Houston Texans, 2013 SB winners! (hopefully)

TracyJackson

The Art of Warfare gaming community Member

Apply into one of our dozen supported clans today! (TAW Clan)

Response to American Football Discussion 2013-02-05 18:22:54

At 2/4/13 10:37 PM, TracyJacksonTAW wrote: I like the Super Bowl game last night. The 49ers was so close to scoring if they had just run the ball...a few yards is better than non at all...

Houston Texans, 2013 SB winners! (hopefully)

Not gonna hate but I think your Texans and my Eagles need to work on something big time to be considered serious threats in the playoffs. More so my Eagles of course with their pathetic 4-12 record last year.

Jesus Christ the one True God of Love and Peace.

Response to American Football Discussion 2013-02-06 19:08:18

At 2/6/13 06:17 PM, Head-Full-Of-Acid wrote: the giants are really restructuring the roster

we've cut boley, canty, and bradshaw in the course of two days, and it's uncertain whether or not umenyiora is returning for next season

the times they are a-changin'

I did expect Canty to get cut due to the injury issues he had, nice having him though. I hope the Giants find a new deal with Bradshaw.

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2013-02-08 02:27:27

Ahh the offseason...the most boring time of the year, apart from watching the NFL Draft. My Texans really need to find a good WR and maybe a decent backup QB through the frafy. Andre Johnson is getting close to retiring, and TJ Yates is not what I'd call a good backup QB (decent, but not a "solid" backer). Maybe a couple kids to add depth to the defense (safety and ILBs)...oh and a good corner please.

I see the Texans in prime position to land in the AFC Championship, if we can just finish the season like we are supposed to...not go on a losing streak and missed the "oh so simple" 1st seed...ggrrr

TracyJackson

Response to American Football Discussion 2013-02-26 07:21:49

Johnny Football will drop 70 points on the Ohio State Cheating Suckeyes in the BCS title game next season, you heard it here first.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2013-02-26 17:08:36

The Aggies are pretty good...but I do not think they will win a Natl Championship in Manziel's years there. Maybe they will come really close, but prbly not win it.

The Houston Texans...Super Bowl champs this coming season?...yes please!

TracyJackson

Response to American Football Discussion 2013-02-26 20:53:48

At 2/26/13 07:21 AM, Dream-of-Duke wrote: Johnny Football will drop 70 points on the Ohio State Cheating Suckeyes in the BCS title game next season, you heard it here first.

If either team gets there, and I have serious doubts about the latter team even getting there. The Aggies might have the best chance at unseating Alabama in the SEC, but I'm sure that they will be looking for revenge after they lost to them at home. Outside of the SEC teams, the only teams on the outside that could challenge Alabama is either Oregon or Stanford, but they may not get the chance if they keep knocking themselves off every time.

They say that the south will rise again, I'm sure that this is what they meant.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2013-02-28 02:09:06

At 2/26/13 05:08 PM, TracyJacksonTAW wrote: The Aggies are pretty good...but I do not think they will win a Natl Championship in Manziel's years there. Maybe they will come really close, but prbly not win it.

Well, if they can beat Bama at home next season (possible, as long as Manziel does not get worked by Katherine Webb before the kick off), I can see them making it to the title game.

The Houston Texans...Super Bowl champs this coming season?...yes please!

lol, unlikely, my money is on the Colts as Luck continues to develop as an elite QB.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2013-03-01 22:56:42

Colts are coming along at least several years ahead of schedule, I will admit. Luck should be fun to watch, but I will say the Texans will be winning the Divisions a few more times before the Colts make a serious contest for the AFC South title.

Otherwise, concerning college football...go Texas, hook em horns. Let's get good players and not suck offensively anymore, lol....

TracyJackson

Response to American Football Discussion 2013-03-02 11:06:56

At 3/2/13 01:30 AM, Head-Full-Of-Acid wrote: "Joe Flacco and the Baltimore Ravens have agreed to a six-year, $120.6 million contract that will make the quarterback the highest-paid player in NFL history, a source familiar with the deal told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter on Friday."

Attaboy Joe

retarded contract. ravens should have franchised him for 16m then given him a more sensible amount when he regresses

Response to American Football Discussion 2013-03-02 12:22:37

At 3/2/13 11:06 AM, jonthomson wrote:

retarded contract. ravens should have franchised him for 16m then given him a more sensible amount when he regresses

Being that Eli's numbers improved after winning his first SB, I'm guessing that the Ravens are banking on the same for Flacco. I know there is no guarantee that it will happen but if Flacco plays the same way he have always been for the rest of his career, the feathered Browns would still be satisfied.

Even without the postseason play in consideration, he's their best QB since Bernie Kosar.

Where do you think Ed Reed will go now?

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2013-03-02 13:12:59

Joe Flacco and his $120 million contract...are ya kidding? He's good, but he is not that good!

TracyJackson

Response to American Football Discussion 2013-03-02 19:27:51

Even after having a great postseason I just can't see Flacco being an elite QB, let alone the highest paid.

Response to American Football Discussion 2013-03-03 01:04:34

I don't see why players want so much money...after you wins at least 3 or 4 Super Bowls, THEN you can be the highest paid ever!!

Anyways, who do yall think have a shot to be in the SB game this coming season (AFC, NFC)?

TracyJackson

Response to American Football Discussion 2013-03-03 01:28:06

At 3/3/13 01:04 AM, TracyJacksonTAW wrote: I don't see why players want so much money...

Because your career could end in a single play

Response to American Football Discussion 2013-03-03 13:13:05

At 3/2/13 01:30 AM, Head-Full-Of-Acid wrote: "Joe Flacco and the Baltimore Ravens have agreed to a six-year, $120.6 million contract that will make the quarterback the highest-paid player in NFL history, a source familiar with the deal told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter on Friday."

That's a lot of money for a QB that hasn't even made a Pro Bowl, much less had to carry a team on his back the whole time, considering that he did have an excellent defense and running game to compliment the team, or sometimes bail him out. You don't give $100+ million dollar contracts to players who are not the elite at any position, just go ask the Bills, who got robbed by Mario Williams.

Ravens overpaid for a franchise QB, which is to be expected, but he is not an elite QB just because of one good postseason. With Lewis retiring and Reed potentially leaving, Flacco now has to be a leader of this team, and we have yet to see if he can handle it.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2013-03-03 13:28:46

The Flacco contract was dumb. The Ravens' biggest priority this offseason had to be to get Paul Kruger on a long-term deal. Flacco had a sensational stretch during the playoffs, but we've seen enough of him to know he was playing above his head. I would have put the tag on him.

Response to American Football Discussion 2013-03-04 20:16:19

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2013-03-08 15:40:11

so, who is looking forward to the draft next month?

TracyJackson

Response to American Football Discussion 2013-03-12 17:01:17

At 3/12/13 03:11 PM, Travis wrote:
At 2/26/13 08:53 PM, orangebomb wrote: the only teams on the outside that could challenge Alabama is either Oregon or Stanford,
And Ohio State.

Quit being biased.

As long as they avoid Indiana caliber offense they could easily go undefeated

Response to American Football Discussion 2013-03-12 17:12:57

At 2/26/13 08:53 PM, orangebomb wrote: the only teams on the outside that could challenge Alabama is either Oregon or Stanford,
And Ohio State.

Quit being biased.

I'm not being biased, this is the truth. Especially when you have a glass cannon QB who completes less than 60% of his passes, and tends to be up and down, that's not going to cut it. Ohio State does not belong in the championship contention, just because they went undefeated last season where nothing but empty pride was on the line, doesn't mean you can do it again.

Mike Wallace is now signed with the Dolphins, a 5 year, $65 million dollar contract. I don't think they can catch New England, but I do expect them to compete in their division.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2013-03-12 22:28:07

At 3/12/13 06:49 PM, Travis wrote:
At 3/12/13 04:41 PM, Head-Full-Of-Acid wrote:
We are basically rated top 5 everywhere in the recruiting class.

That's good and all, but it won't matter if they don't perform to the expectations, just look at what happened with USC.

Urban Meyer usually has his best year with his teams his 2nd year of coaching. We have Heisman candidate Braxton Miller returning at QB being mentored by Heisman winner Troy Smith along with Tom Herman.

That still doesn't change the fact that he's shaky with his accuracy, and he isn't that sturdy. Just look at the Purdue and Michigan State games as an example.

Our defense has a returning secondary and an experienced line with one of the nations best LBs along with at least one 5 star recruit LB according to who you talk to.

The same secondary that got torched by a godawful Indiana and Cal team, and a defense that looked lackadaisical at times during the season, something you never see from Buckeye teams in the past. All in all, they're still going to be rather young in key positions, but I do expect some nominal improvement. If they want to hang with the SEC however, they need to get way better, and that's debatable at this point.

This team was undefeated last year...

With nothing to play for except for pride, and you almost screwed that up as well had it not been for some lucky breaks.

I'm sorry, but fact is, Ohio State is probably the best shot at dethroning Alabama because Oregon is about to get a bowl ban and Stanford can't even beat Notre Dame who got SCHMACKED by the Tide, not to mention they will never have a QB like Andrew Luck, at least for A LONG WHILE.

First off, unless you have proof that Oregon is getting a bowl ban, you're way off base, second, Stanford got hosed against Notre Dame last year when Taylor crossed the goal line, and yet the refs missed the call and finally, I guarantee you that Stanford or even Oregon would've put up more of a fight against 'Bama than T'eost and the ND team could do.

Also, the Irish were a much better team last year than your team is now, what makes you think that OSU has a chance in hell against the Tide, much less even going undefeated in the Big Ten, now with a real target on their backs? It's one thing to win a glorified mid-major conference in the Big Ten, it's quite another to challenge the SEC, which you have always failed to beat.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2013-03-13 00:18:31

At 3/12/13 10:42 PM, Travis wrote:

I'm not going to bother with the top half of the crap, because that's simply subjective and I don't want to repeat myself.

The NCAA is currently investigating them. Why do you think Chip Kelly jumped ship?

The same NCAA who fucked up the Miami investigation? Yeah, I highly doubt that they'll act on Oregon unless they do something egregious like what Penn State or SMU did. Just because Kelly jumped ship doesn't mean that the NCAA is going to slap sanctions on them, unless there is solid proof of misconduct.

And I'm sorry, but Stanford still had a competitive game with Notre Dame. Ohio State would have reamed Notre Dame.

No, Ohio State would've gotten walloped by a more physical Stanford team, stop trying to compare the Buckeyes to the Crimson Tide.

I'm sorry, are you trying to say that Urban Meyer wasn't on top of the SEC during his tenure there, or does 2 national titles one of which he absolutely ran a train on my Buckeyes with?

I never said that, but to be fair, he had Tim Tebow {who is arguably the greatest college QB of all time} and Percy Harvin, as well as a shit-ton of superior talent at Florida. Once again, just because he did it in Florida, doesn't mean he'll repeat the same performance he did at Ohio State, because last time I checked, the SEC had won 7 straight national titles, Ohio State has only won 1 since Vietnam

Are you saying that Urban Meyer didn't beat everyone in the conference with basically the same team that went 6-7 the previous year, which had even less to play for this year?

Why do you take everything I say out of context? I never said that he didn't beat everyone last year because he did, {albeit with some lucky breaks, but that's irrelevant to you} all I said was that there was nothing but pride on the line that season, and I know that the Bucks will not repeat the same performance again next season, now that the pressure to win a title is on them.

Are you trying to say we didn't beat Arkansas in a Sugar Bowl game? Vacated win, but we still beat an SEC team...

With players that were ineligible, and Tressel trying to weasel those players into coming back next season, which very few, if any did. On a technical level, it doesn't even exist in the record books, {bullshit rule as that may be} so you're still 0-9 against the SEC in bowl games. If it makes you feel any better, they seem to brag about that win all the time on campus, even if it was taken away. Ignorance is bliss, I guess.

Take off the OSU hate glasses bud this is a powerhouse program and is going to be even better than it was during Tressel's era.

That's the same BS that the Philadelphia Eagles said when they had all those free-agents, and look what happen to them. {different levels, I'll give you that, but the comparison is still apt.} You can't prove that Ohio State is going to be better than what it was during Tressel, because we haven't even played the games yet. Sure, history says that you're on to something, but that's not set in stone that he'll have success just because he did everywhere else.

Will the Buckeyes be competitive? Yes, I can't deny that, but the differences is that they may compete for a Big Ten title, but they'll have no chance of winning it all, much less go undefeated next season.

Considering that you're so confident that your Buckeyes are supposed to be the next football dynasty, {not going to happen} let's give them the Yankees treatment then, if they don't win a national title under Urban Meyer, it will be considered a failed season. There is a reason why things on a high pedestal tend to fall very hard.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2013-03-22 16:43:55

how about that...the Houston Texans just signed Ed Reed, now hoping he doesn't go bust.

TracyJackson

Response to American Football Discussion 2013-03-23 13:56:20

At 3/22/13 04:43 PM, TracyJacksonTAW wrote: how about that...the Houston Texans just signed Ed Reed, now hoping he doesn't go bust.

So that's it then? So much for Ed Reed staying with the feathered Browns. Then again, they did shot down their chance of getting Reed back when they gave Flacco that contract and they already have a cap problem as it is.

Anyway, over or under - Reed gets 80 interceptions by the end of his career?

I would go with under since he should be able to finish with over 70 picks but still falls short, still an impressive career nonetheless.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2013-03-29 22:07:22

Tony Romo, Six years $108 Million.

Somehow I'm not surprised that Jerry Jones would do something so stupid.

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2013-03-29 22:24:41

At 3/29/13 10:07 PM, reverend wrote: Tony Romo, Six years $108 Million.

Somehow I'm not surprised that Jerry Jones would do something so stupid.

Not to mention the $55 million guaranteed to a quarterback that has rarely been clutch in the biggest games, and has only 1 playoff win as well. Apparently, Jerry Jones must think he's a Super Bowl caliber QB, {Protip: He's not} to justify getting that money, but all this does is assure that they will be fighting with the Eagles for the bottom of the division.

Jones needs to leave the G.M. position of his team, because he's completely lost it.

BBS Signature