00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Videa Game Regulars Lounge.

186,617 Views | 2,372 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-07-15 11:59:25

Consoles Owned: Xbox 360
Online Usernames: Breezesong (Minecraft)
Games Being Played: Portal, Portal 2 (second time), Disney Universe, Pokémon HeartGold

Life rests between Storm and Fire, as the two combined create the spark of Life.

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-07-15 13:08:14

At 7/10/13 11:17 AM, Jackho wrote: I'm told this is the weakest Ace Attorney game so I'm still interested in trying another, especially if maya and franziska are in it.

I've played all three Phoenix Wright games and I also agree Justice for All is the weakest of the three. I can't remember specifics about the cases though.

Trials and Tribulations is the best one in my opinion. The first game is good too; its fifth case is probably my favourite case in the whole series.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-07-16 17:46:59

I found my copy of Portal 2! Now I can remember how the atmosphere was nothing like it was should have been.

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-07-16 19:09:19

heroin? That's nothing. Try kicking Dragon's Dogma.

I got Almace. This sword is awesome. And I finally killed that griffin. Romancing Mercedes is taking forever. How much cloudwine do I have to give this chick before she starts glowing?

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-07-16 19:15:32

At 7/16/13 07:09 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: heroin? That's nothing. Try kicking Dragon's Dogma.

I got Almace. This sword is awesome. And I finally killed that griffin. Romancing Mercedes is taking forever. How much cloudwine do I have to give this chick before she starts glowing?

What class are you?

" Let the metal flow " - Chuck Schuldiner

GUITARISTS Awesome sig by Tateos.

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-07-16 20:14:47

At 7/16/13 07:15 PM, TheSporkLord wrote:
At 7/16/13 07:09 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: heroin? That's nothing. Try kicking Dragon's Dogma.

What class are you?

fighter. I was thinking of changing to assassin or mystic knight, but I'm really liking the skills I have. heavenward lash, burst strike, and steel will. My main pawn is a strider, but I think I might change her to magic archer because the skills look pretty awesome.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-07-16 20:43:01

At 7/16/13 08:14 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:
At 7/16/13 07:15 PM, TheSporkLord wrote:

What class are you?
fighter. I was thinking of changing to assassin or mystic knight, but I'm really liking the skills I have. heavenward lash, burst strike, and steel will. My main pawn is a strider, but I think I might change her to magic archer because the skills look pretty awesome.

Mystic Knight is best class. It's crazy OP and you still get most of the sword skills from fighter. Do you have dark arisen? The mace you can get there can go up to 3000 damage at full upgrade. And then you can buff your own weapon to make it even stronger. Its to the point where I can waste around 2 full health bars in one swing.

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-07-16 21:51:35

Mystic knight doesn't have heavenward lash or steel will, though.

And no, I don't have Dark Arisen, but I intend to get it at some point.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-07-16 21:58:41

At 7/16/13 09:51 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Mystic knight doesn't have heavenward lash or steel will, though.

How often do you use them though?

Are they really the staples of your guy?

My MK has Blink strike ( Dark arisen upgrade ), antler toss, and magic canon.

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-07-16 22:19:13

At 7/16/13 09:58 PM, TheSporkLord wrote:
At 7/16/13 09:51 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Mystic knight doesn't have heavenward lash or steel will, though.

I try to remember to use steel will as often as possible, but I do tend to forget. Heavenward lash is useful against harpies, but jumping and hitting Y does work pretty well. I guess it wouldn't be so bad if Ai didn't have those skills, but I do still like them. I dunno.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-07-16 22:28:20

At 7/16/13 10:19 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:
At 7/16/13 09:58 PM, TheSporkLord wrote:

I try to remember to use steel will as often as possible, but I do tend to forget. Heavenward lash is useful against harpies, but jumping and hitting Y does work pretty well. I guess it wouldn't be so bad if Ai didn't have those skills, but I do still like them. I dunno.

Seeing as how you can switch at any time its worth a try. Although you'd probably have to actually level up in MK because the first level or so doesn't really have any amazing skills. But its like that with every class

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-07-17 01:03:15

hmm I dunno. I'll think about it. What do you think are the most useful mystic knight skls?

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-07-17 02:20:44

Woah, fuck Almace. I just got undulant sword. Time to get some forgeries of dappled ore. It sure is lucky that I just killed a golem and got a piece. Perfect freaking timing.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-07-17 02:31:39

Oh, never mind undulant sword. I maxed it out but I leveled up silver rapier to level two and it's already better. Too bad, cuz undulant sword looks cooler.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-07-17 03:04:51

At 7/17/13 01:03 AM, Sense-Offender wrote: hmm I dunno. I'll think about it. What do you think are the most useful mystic knight skls?

The most useful skills to me anyway

Sword/mace:
Antler toss
Blink strike
Great magic canon: creates a giant orb that, when struck, fires of clusters of homing energy balls. Pretty nice against flying enemies.

Shield:
Abyssal Anguish: Enchants weapon with dark and adds a ripple/shockwave effect that basically turns one swing into like three.
Holy grace: Can convert blocked damage into health.
Holy Trance: Holy enchantment for self and party.

http://dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Mystic_Knight

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-07-17 03:27:10

Also, I don't just like MK for the moveset, but for the amazing weapon. In the DLC there's a mace that when upgraded, does 2000 base damage. Add that to strength and abyssal anguish and other buffs and I've been able to kill endbosses in seconds

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-07-17 12:24:10

Pretty good finds in Cash Converters (UK second hand chain) this week. Picked myself up Legend of Zelda for the NES for £12 and Super Mario World for SNES for £8. There were a few gems I didn't get because I'd spent enough. DK64 for £12, Super Mario All-Stars for £8 and a Dreamcast which looked near spotless compared to the old one in store which was yellowed beyond belief alongside Sonic Adventure.

Tale of Enki: Pilgrimage, an RPG with a few twists. Available to buy it on Steam here!

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-07-17 12:39:36

I couldn't get into Dragons Dogma, I really wanted to like it, but it just didn't do anything for me, which is a shame because I enjoy the demo.

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-07-17 13:02:13

My character is finally getting strong. He's level 43, now.

At 7/17/13 12:39 PM, iMini wrote: I couldn't get into Dragons Dogma, I really wanted to like it, but it just didn't do anything for me, which is a shame because I enjoy the demo.

That's too bad. It's one of my favorite games ever.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-07-17 14:47:50

At 7/15/13 01:08 PM, Auz wrote: Trials and Tribulations is the best one in my opinion. The first game is good too; its fifth case is probably my favourite case in the whole series.

I'll have to give them a go then. How are the other games, Apollo Justice and Miles Edgeworth or whatever?

I've been playing FTL and Metroid Prime. FTL is pretty frustrating because the rebel flagship is just so fucking hard, and the chances of getting a new ship are slim so every playthrough is pretty much the same. Prime is starting to get good now that I have several beams.

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-07-17 16:09:46

At 7/17/13 02:47 PM, Jackho wrote: I've been playing FTL and Metroid Prime. FTL is pretty frustrating because the rebel flagship is just so fucking hard, and the chances of getting a new ship are slim so every playthrough is pretty much the same. Prime is starting to get good now that I have several beams.

You need to mod FTL to get the best experience. There's a few mods that fix a lot of the balancing issues.

I'm playing the Dishonored DLC after picking it up for $3 during the summer sale and it's very good. I wasn't expecting much, but I'm actually enjoying it a lot. Arkane just announced the next DLC for an August release so I'll pick that up for sure.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-07-17 17:52:38

At 7/17/13 04:09 PM, Makeshift wrote: You need to mod FTL to get the best experience. There's a few mods that fix a lot of the balancing issues.

Any mods you'd recommend? Mods for this game never even crossed my mind. I probably still try to beat it vanilla first though.

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-07-17 21:29:50

At 7/17/13 05:52 PM, Jackho wrote:
At 7/17/13 04:09 PM, Makeshift wrote: You need to mod FTL to get the best experience. There's a few mods that fix a lot of the balancing issues.
Any mods you'd recommend? Mods for this game never even crossed my mind. I probably still try to beat it vanilla first though.

I can't find the mod I played... forget what it was called. It mainly changed the randomness of finding items and shops so you wouldn't end up with complete shit in some playthroughs. It also made the difficulty more gradual by the end of the game. There are some other cool mods I haven't tried that change the graphics and sometimes story in the game to be suited for things like Halo, Mass Effect, Star Trek, Star Wars, etc.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-07-18 19:42:20

Here are some keys for the super poor out there. From The Humble Bundle Weekly Sale:

Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP (Steam Key)
Indie Game: The Movie (Steam Key)

already have both

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-07-18 20:33:04

At 7/18/13 07:42 PM, Makeshift wrote: Here are some keys for the super poor out there. From The Humble Bundle Weekly Sale:

I bought the bundle earlier today. No idea why as usually I don't care for the bundles that aren't focused on games but I wanted to check out the music and I also wanted to watch Indie Game: The Movie.

Literally just got done watching the movie now. The credits are still rolling. If anyone hasn't seen this, I highly recommend it. It was just really cool to get a look into what life is like for the people developing these games that we've seen all over the internet. Sometimes I guess it's just hard to believe that games like that are made by one or two regular guys. Admittedly, they're regular guys who have a lot of passion and talent but still, it's sort of inspiring in a sense.

I've developed (shit) games in the past as projects for uni or whatever. I even started working on a game in my free time and gradually just lost interest in it. Now I kind of want to actually finish making a decent game. Well, decent by my standards. Convenient timing for that bundle to pop-up though, because the past few days I've actually been reading up on game programming type stuff most of the day, so this has sort of given me a bit of extra inspiration to actually make something.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-07-19 01:39:34

Well I recently got Deadpool and completed it. It was okay at best and I blasted through the campaign in about five to six hours. There are challenges afterwards, but I'm not even mildly interested in them. If you like the humor and style of Deadpool, then you're in for a treat.

Also just got myself a nice little below $600 gaming PC and I've yet to put it together, but along with the processor I got (AMD) it came with a deal for redeeming two games off of Steam, I believe. And I was surprised that they were actually decent games that I actually didn't own. Tomb Raider and Crysis 3. Can anyone tell me much about these two games?

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-07-20 05:44:22

Playing through a game I recently discovered called Kurovadis. Basically a Metroidvania with Rpg elements and a hentai presentation + eerie atmosphere and surprisingly fantastic music.

Kinda pumped for Shadowrun Returns, can't help feeling like they're gonna drop the ball though and change too much or neglect important mechanics such as ammo/inventory management, weapon modification, etc

Been incredibly busy this week and haven't posted much, hope everyone is still making progress on their backlogs.

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-07-20 13:26:25

At 7/20/13 05:44 AM, Elixur wrote: Playing through a game I recently discovered called Kurovadis. Basically a Metroidvania with Rpg elements and a hentai presentation + eerie atmosphere and surprisingly fantastic music.

Do tell?

I've been slowly progressing on Jade Cocoon by the way, I'm determined to start 2 at some point during August. I WILL finish the first one soon!

Tale of Enki: Pilgrimage, an RPG with a few twists. Available to buy it on Steam here!

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-07-26 11:35:39

So which do you guys prefer, Wolfenstein or Doom?

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-07-26 14:10:11

At 7/26/13 11:35 AM, darkjam wrote: So which do you guys prefer, Wolfenstein or Doom?

does anyone actually prefer Wolfenstein over Doom? It's literally the same but better. Doom or Quake would be a better question.