00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Almost-Ichabod just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Flash 3D stuff, no specifics...

1,562 Views | 2 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Flash 3D stuff, no specifics... 2001-03-14 13:53:44

I recently got myself a version of Rhino 3D and now I'm not sure exactly why I wanted it in the first place. My goal on the web is to create 3D-ish games, preferably with Flash. I need tips, any kind of tips, tips on what programs to use, how I maydo such a thing in Flash, etc.
In an article at Flashkit, they showed a preview of Flash 6 and I saw some sort of 3D system going on. Does anybody know anything about that? Could games be made out of it, or would it mainly be used for creating 3D objects that spin, turn, etc.? I would really like to know.
So if anybody has anything to say, please do so, as I would liek to know everything there is to know.

Thanks,

BBS Signature

Response to Flash 3D stuff, no specifics... 2001-03-14 15:17:17

You need to get a program like vecta 3d or swift 3d (i use vecta myself). Basically, you create a model or animation and save it as a 3ds file. (at least that's the file type on vecta..not sure on swift) Then you open it into vecta or swift and use that to render it into a 2d .swf file. Then you import the .swf into the game you're working on. It's fairly simple. I'm not exactly sure on much of anything dealing with swift, but vecta has a hard time rendering more complex models or really curvy models.

Hope that helps somewhat.

Response to Flash 3D stuff, no specifics... 2001-03-14 15:19:55

Oh yea...swift has more options and really probably does a better job, but it also costs more than twice the amount vecta does. Vecta's $60 for license to use on 2 computers...Swift is $139 just for one license.