00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Art Portal!?

95,523 Views | 572 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Art Portal!? 2009-06-18 22:43:19

At 6/18/09 09:51 PM, amplefied wrote: WHAT THE SHIT IS THIS SHIT?

ROB GO KILL SOME OF THOSE "SCOUTS".

oh come on man, its not the worst thing that made it past.

you should have seen that shadow the hedgehog shit.

"Guns don't kill people, the government does."

- Dale Gribble

Please do not contact Homor to get your message added to this sig, there is no more room.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Portal!? 2009-06-18 22:44:49

I know that this sounds selfish, but I really want to contribute to the portal, but I'm having trouble getting scouted. Can somebody help me out?

Response to Art Portal!? 2009-06-18 22:48:54

I don't usually whine... but I have been un-scouted like 3 times now and it's getting really old. Old enough to make the Art portal not appealing to me anymore. The scouting thing seemed like a cool idea at first but I don't see it really helping.

Response to Art Portal!? 2009-06-18 22:50:49

Ah, finally, someone other than Johnny, Stamper, or Tom posts.

Thanks to QuikFox for the sig.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Portal!? 2009-06-18 22:57:44

I LOVE YOU GUYS. THANK YOU SO MUCH NG STAFF I AM COMPLETE!

Response to Art Portal!? 2009-06-18 23:02:03

Did I just become unscouted?
I got scouted after a few minutes, and had views/votes the whole shebang, but now they're gone.

Now, I wouldn't really mind this, but the fact that people like this are aloud to submit is baffling

I am Mex

I love Yoko Matsugane. (And asian women in general.)

BBS Signature

Response to Art Portal!? 2009-06-18 23:03:17

It's nice and all, but now we get shitty votes and reviews from non-pubescent users. I've already been unscouted, as well, so the effect's already worn off. However, this won't stop me from submitting art, since this is one of the best sites to place your work and get views.

Response to Art Portal!? 2009-06-18 23:05:07

At 6/18/09 11:02 PM, TheMexicanMuffinMan wrote: Did I just become unscouted?
I got scouted after a few minutes, and had views/votes the whole shebang, but now they're gone.

Now, I wouldn't really mind this, but the fact that people like this are aloud to submit is baffling

So the user likes furrys? Big fucking deal, so do many other people out there. What did you expect when the Art Portal got added? I personally don't mind them, as long as it's not a bunch of furry hentai.

Response to Art Portal!? 2009-06-18 23:05:57

I love it, I just hope that it doesn't become flooded with crap.
I really hope people take it seriously.

Response to Art Portal!? 2009-06-18 23:06:48

WOW THIS IS LOOKING PRETTY COOL! FINALLY! Oh wait, does that mean that Ibot is actually useful now?

Response to Art Portal!? 2009-06-18 23:09:07

Rob you never cease to amaze me. Awesome Portal!

Response to Art Portal!? 2009-06-18 23:10:01

Great job dude. I just did a stress test and it looks great!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Portal!? 2009-06-18 23:12:10

At 6/18/09 11:05 PM, CelestOrion wrote: So the user likes furrys? Big fucking deal, so do many other people out there.

(You)

What did you expect when the Art Portal got added?

Quality.

I am Mex

I love Yoko Matsugane. (And asian women in general.)

BBS Signature

Response to Art Portal!? 2009-06-18 23:12:16

I got banned, and I don't know what for..

BBS Signature

Response to Art Portal!? 2009-06-18 23:15:29

What did you expect when the Art Portal got added?
Quality.

Good luck, you'll be seeing a bunch of spam shit just like the Flash Portal gets.

Response to Art Portal!? 2009-06-18 23:15:39

Wow. You've made an art portal, yet you still haven't even started to release the chatroom?

If you're not going to be putting on a chatroom, just delete the chat link already.

Response to Art Portal!? 2009-06-18 23:19:35

Do photos count? Like those are photos you see off chive.com or something, cuz i suck as a artist.

Response to Art Portal!? 2009-06-18 23:20:08

At 6/18/09 11:19 PM, Steldon6 wrote: Do photos count? Like those are photos you see off chive.com or something, cuz i suck as a artist.

No, only hand-drawn or digitally drawn artwork.

Response to Art Portal!? 2009-06-18 23:24:29

Lovin' the new banner, and the art portal! Thanks a lot of this, and congrats on such a big success!

NG has been out for years, and this is one of the most important features added, along with the art portal, I suppose you're happy now you have finally released it, or at least you should be. I'm kinda proud of being part of Newgrounds :3

Now, let's party!

Response to Art Portal!? 2009-06-18 23:34:03

"You must be the owner and creator of the work you are submitting," sayeth the rules.

But I'm just a tad confused. if I decide to submit some original fanart of characters already "put out there" that I draw, is this still breaking the rules?

Other than that, this is a pretty awesome surprise. I'm excited to see how far the Art Portal will go...

D:

BBS Signature

Response to Art Portal!? 2009-06-18 23:36:26

At 6/18/09 11:34 PM, BitsNBytes wrote: "You must be the owner and creator of the work you are submitting," sayeth the rules.

But I'm just a tad confused. if I decide to submit some original fanart of characters already "put out there" that I draw, is this still breaking the rules?

Other than that, this is a pretty awesome surprise. I'm excited to see how far the Art Portal will go...

This is seen on some other places, as well, but what I'm positive it means is that as long as you are the one that drew it, not someone else and you're uploading their image, then it's yours. Just give copyright, for instance, if it's a Sonic character, put somewhere in there that Sonic and/or character is copyright by SEGA, image by me.

Response to Art Portal!? 2009-06-18 23:42:02

I favorited someone's art and reviewed it, but neither are showing up on my page. Is that bad?

I laugh at your sigs!

Response to Art Portal!? 2009-06-18 23:42:56

this scouting idea sounds cool but i think there are litle problems in it.

1: person thar havent been scouted cannot see other unscouted submissions at art portal. this lead to recomendation system aint working becouse of it. i think there should be see unscouted submissions part at somewhere for those who havent been scouted too.

2: if part 1 will stay as it is this might be continue. exessive journal and forum spamming. people who really really wants to show their art but no one scouts them or recomend them for scouts. well... there is possibility that they will send massive amout of un useful journals and forum post that says "check my art".

3: unknown but realy talented people got sunked into the mass of other submissions. ofcourse its easier to someone well known person to get scout than someone that nobody knows. and i think thats pretty hard to disagree. this also is linked to part 1. of course there is always possibility that real talent wont get seen but fixing part 1 i belive chances really gets smaler.

4: if everything goes wrong then result might be this. only one king of art gets in and others walks trhu the gates of oblivion. what i mean is that i were scouted about 10 minutes in that time i checked some unscouted artists and i found one who had good looking absract drawings. ok i didnt scout him/her just yet i thought that ill wait for few more submissions from him/her. ok now im unscouted what if think that he/she deserves to be scouted? ok i always could give recomendation (if i ever can find him/her) now. what if there aint enybody alse as scout who likes abstract drawings like me. let me tell ya. she/he wont get scouted no matter how good his/her art is and thats it.

ok this is my honest opinion and i more than happy to talk about it if someone wants to talk about it with me.

Response to Art Portal!? 2009-06-18 23:53:05

At 6/18/09 07:14 PM, FBIpolux wrote: What next in the Progammer's mind?

Also, lol Retrogade

Yes, Bedn must be smiling down at us from heaven now. His dream... finally realized. (sniff)

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

a long, long time ago: 60000 b/p (#2) // 36000 blams (#3) // 24000 saves (#1)

BBS Signature

Response to Art Portal!? 2009-06-19 00:01:43

so all you MS painters can just fuck off

I will cut your lips and tongue from your head with a... LINOLEUM KNIFE!

BBS Signature

Response to Art Portal!? 2009-06-19 00:06:53

omggggggg!!!!(orgasm)
:P i love it

Response to Art Portal!? 2009-06-19 00:10:29

This is THE greatest addition to Newgrounds since I can remember. This was a loooong time coming. I'm absolutely thrilled its here. I can't wait until I can check responses to my reviews and all that. Great, great addition! It was OBVIOUS too! Animation. I mean. You'd think the art portal would have been thought of before the audio one. But. XD J/k

Again, VERY happy.

Response to Art Portal!? 2009-06-19 00:13:44

At 6/18/09 11:40 PM, babyma wrote: I'm not gonna lie.

This looks like shit.

Good bye, NG. You've really struck rock-bottom this time.

Sign-Up: 07/16/08

This is a good new addition to the site. I don't suppose there's any chance of searching the art portal based on resolution, I think it would be useful for people looking for new wallpapers.

My art gallery, because I'm better than you at things.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Portal!? 2009-06-19 00:15:05

About time.

We had some good times, Newgrounds.

BBS Signature

Response to Art Portal!? 2009-06-19 00:15:09

wait. how this come before the chat room even worked ...