00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ArkihamVA just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Review Request Club

784,271 Views | 8,816 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Review Request Club 2009-10-28 09:05:06

Hey guys I'm going to leave the club for a week or two, but I'll be back. I don't really care what you do with my name, but I rather you take it off the list.

I also rather enjoy the Jason songs and think it's a dumb move to take them off the list. That probably helped my discision to leave this club as well as being really busy. I know that I'm in the minority of actually liking them and thinking their funny, but it looks like we are letting a couple of personal opinions take over instead.

And the American version of the Office is qutie funny. :P I'm not sure which one you were talking about. Oh well, when we start denying non-spam submissions for review it's my team to leave.

Response to Review Request Club 2009-10-28 12:24:40

07 ) 624 | 098 / 104 | 094.23% || 126 | 21 / 27 | 077.78% Darklight17
Hehe, no more 100%, eh Darklight?

That's kinda odd cos i'm sure i only left 3.... The 2 flash and 1 audio...

Yeah well, i didn't mange to finish them this week had too much work to do and a couple of exams so :(

Response to Review Request Club 2009-10-28 14:32:03

At 10/28/09 09:05 AM, Fro wrote: Hey guys I'm going to leave the club for a week or two, but I'll be back. I don't really care what you do with my name, but I rather you take it off the list.

:(
But I can understand it. I find it myself harder and harder to do the reviews, but ah well. If it gets too hard, I'll just leave out some requests. Still better than completly leaving the club (even for a short amount of time) in my opinion.

And the American version of the Office is qutie funny. :P I'm not sure which one you were talking about. Oh well, when we start denying non-spam submissions for review it's my team to leave.

The thing with the Jason songs is, that they are more or less all the same. It's always "Jason, you are fat" or "you are dumb" or "you are a dick girl". Some songs are amusing, yes, but the same joke is only funny for a short length of time.

It also shows that it's hard to draw a clear line between "spam submissions" and "non-spam submissions".

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to Review Request Club 2009-10-28 18:35:56

At 10/28/09 04:36 PM, JasonCD2009 wrote:
At 10/28/09 02:32 PM, Haggard wrote:
At 10/28/09 09:05 AM, Fro wrote:
The thing with the Jason songs is, that they are more or less all the same. It's always "Jason, you are fat" or "you are dumb" or "you are a dick girl". Some songs are amusing, yes, but the same joke is only funny for a short length of time.
Just because a band decides to stick to one topic for all of their songs doesn't mean they are spam.In your eyes the band Slayer would be spam.Because the only thing they sing about is Satan right?How about Cannibal Corpse?All they sing about is Death and Murder.The difference between the Jason music and a typical spammer is that we put effort into our music.

I wasn't saying you submit spam to the audio portal, I was just trying to make clear that people MIGHT consider your submissions as spam.

Also both Slayer and CC suck ass. ;)

Response to Review Request Club 2009-10-29 00:24:41

Hey review request club!

I'm trying to get something started over in audio forum, basically a "Spotlight" committee where artists can submit their work to be chosen for a biweekly newsletter-ish thing where we highlight some of the top talent in ng audio. I see lots of thoughtful reflection here, and I figured I would drop you guys a line to see if anybody wants to get involved. It's still very much in a community brainstorming phase, so I welcome your input to make sure we don't step on this club's toes once we have the system in place.

Actually I could see our groups being mutually beneficial, as this club seems to be more of a resource for artists to get help with their production skills, and our group will be for artists to submit finished works to be judged against competition.

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1117 543

beep

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2009-10-29 12:44:31

Hi! This is the song. I like it... it's very original and has some kind of spacey feel to it. I hope you guys enjoy it. Thanks for your patience.

Response to Review Request Club 2009-10-29 17:34:38

I could try to give the review thing a go. Though I wonder, did the whole update thing get nixed because of how many audio reviews? Just curious

Response to Review Request Club 2009-10-29 21:02:52

I always reply and I will also review your work for reviewing mine. :) For every song of mine you review i will review one of yours :) I like to share the love.

Check my stuff out: Camp North | Newgrounds|

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2009-10-30 01:35:51

Please, please, PLEEEAAASSEE review this, if you do I will forever be grateful.

Response to Review Request Club 2009-10-30 01:39:56

When I die. It will be in a blaze of glory.

Metal Hellion/My band (Bestial Remains) Myspace/Sonic Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2009-10-30 17:42:23

Response to Review Request Club 2009-10-30 17:57:30

At 10/28/09 09:05 AM, Fro wrote: And the American version of the Office is qutie funny. :P I'm not sure which one you were talking about. Oh well, when we start denying non-spam submissions for review it's my team to leave.

Steve Carrell is a great actor, but the original with Ricky Gervais is just something that makes me cringe.

At 10/28/09 11:35 AM, JasonCD2009 wrote:
At 10/28/09 07:24 AM, Coop83 wrote: Perhaps you should submit some of your own solo guitar work, to show how good you have become?
I already have submitted my own work.Sort of.It was a cover actually, and a good portion of the club reviewed it. No complaints over here.

I'm glad there are no complaints, but I'm not sure that I believe you - withholding the account name just says to me that you have something to hide.

At 10/28/09 02:32 PM, Haggard wrote: The thing with the Jason songs is, that they are more or less all the same. It's always "Jason, you are fat" or "you are dumb" or "you are a dick girl". Some songs are amusing, yes, but the same joke is only funny for a short length of time.

I agree with this sentiment - I don't think that it is Spam, it is however quite annoying that the artists involved here can't take advice from a core of good reviewers here, coming to a head when there is a disagreement over my review moderation.

At 10/28/09 04:36 PM, JasonCD2009 wrote: No spammer would go through the lengthy process it takes me, just to spam.Its not exactly a walk in the park to create drum beats that are in time with a guitar riff or to have the levels on all of the instruments at a reasonable volume.

Actually some spammers and hackers go to extreme lengths to reach their own goals. I;m just being Devil's Advocate here.

At 10/28/09 06:35 PM, Haggard wrote: I wasn't saying you submit spam to the audio portal, I was just trying to make clear that people MIGHT consider your submissions as spam.

Let's break down the acronym SPAM, shall we?

Stupid - well, the humour in there is puerile and sexual based. It's a song about bullying, so I'm not a fan, to be honest.

Pointless - I don't believe that there's much point to these songs - how many copies of this 'album' have you sold?

Annoying - Yes, I think we've covered this and I do feel that these tracks are an annoying blemish on the Audio Portal

Message - Is there much of a message to these things? I can't find one.

So I'm 50/50 on it, to be honest, but my opinion is that these submissions should not be reviewed by this club, as the authors cannot take constructive criticism from this member. If they are requested, I will continue to review them, but as long as my protest is noted, I am happier.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2009-10-30 19:48:07

I recently started doing the who;e review thing for this and was wondering if i was doing it correctly... I mean I don't want to ruin whatever reputation this Club may have by making my posts wrong. I don't expect a quick answer, 'cause i know everyone's busy, luckily i'm patient. =3

Oh and because I'm a bitch like tha here's another song I'll put up for the list. Don't worry, i wont post songs her too often.

Response to Review Request Club 2009-10-30 23:36:24

Hey guys can I rejoin, I have learned my lessons and my reviews are WAY better now. Being banned for a month on reviewing really taught me a lesson. Just PLEASE let me back in. The reviews are here:
MY NEW REVIEWS

Need a Review? Go to Review Request Club

Also please look at my art!

Response to Review Request Club 2009-10-31 03:22:46

At 10/30/09 07:48 PM, Kirbyfemur wrote: I recently started doing the who;e review thing for this and was wondering if i was doing it correctly... I mean I don't want to ruin whatever reputation this Club may have by making my posts wrong. I don't expect a quick answer, 'cause i know everyone's busy, luckily i'm patient. =3

Here's your *COUGH* quick *COUGH* answer:
Your reviews are fine in my opinion, and they're helpful and well-thought out. If you'd like to join the club, first ask a regular member like Coop83, Fro, Haggard or Sonofkirk to check them out and if they say yes, post the points you gained by reviewing the requests of that current week (see the first post or here for how the points system works) and that post is sort of like your application form. After that, you can continue reviewing the requests in the requests list, you'll be part of the club and you won't need to post your points anymore since Sonofkirk will keep track of them from there ;).

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2009-10-31 05:23:19

At 10/31/09 03:22 AM, Supersteph54 wrote:
At 10/30/09 07:48 PM, Kirbyfemur wrote: I recently started doing the who;e review thing for this and was wondering if i was doing it correctly... I mean I don't want to ruin whatever reputation this Club may have by making my posts wrong. I don't expect a quick answer, 'cause i know everyone's busy, luckily i'm patient. =3
Your reviews are fine in my opinion, and they're helpful and well-thought out. If you'd like to join the club, first ask a regular member like Coop83, Fro, Haggard or Sonofkirk to check them out and if they say yes,

Hey hey, me and the others you mentioned aren't "special member" or something like that (well, maybe except for Sonofkirk as he maintains the list and Coop because he's a review mod ^^). If you think a user would be a nice addition to the club, just let them join. :)

At 10/30/09 11:36 PM, Joshsouza wrote: Hey guys can I rejoin, I have learned my lessons and my reviews are WAY better now. Being banned for a month on reviewing really taught me a lesson. Just PLEASE let me back in. The reviews are here:
MY NEW REVIEWS

You have been a part of this club at one time? Sorry, I don't remember you. :P
Don't worry though, sometimes I have a memory like a sieve. ^^

I had a look at your reviews and they look pretty good, so welcome to the club (again)! Well, I think how this whole points system works, so just start reviewing once Sonofkirk updates the list tomorrow or Monday (time may be a bit short to start right now, so I think waiting until a new update is there is better) and post your points on Saturday.

Response to Review Request Club 2009-10-31 06:36:58

At 10/31/09 05:23 AM, Haggard wrote:
At 10/31/09 03:22 AM, Supersteph54 wrote:
Your reviews are fine in my opinion, and they're helpful and well-thought out. If you'd like to join the club, first ask a regular member like Coop83, Fro, Haggard or Sonofkirk to check them out and if they say yes,
Hey hey, me and the others you mentioned aren't "special member" or something like that (well, maybe except for Sonofkirk as he maintains the list and Coop because he's a review mod ^^). If you think a user would be a nice addition to the club, just let them join. :)

Well, I'm certain you, Fro, Coop and Sonofkirk were in the club 10 times more than I was, so I thought I wasn't entitled to letting people in since I hadn't even heard of the old club before this new thread was announced. Still, thanks for letting me ^^.

Anyway, to Kirbyfemur:
Your reviews are fine, so I guess you'll make a great addition to the club. I see you've already reviewed a lot of the requests (if not all of them), so you can post the points you achieved sometime before the next member's update whenever you're ready ;).

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2009-10-31 10:28:56

PLEASE!!! Apparently there is a limit to the ammount of art you can post in the art portal it you are unscouted...I have reached that limit today, and I cant upload the many drawings I plan to submit. Everyone please check out my art and tell me what you think and maybe ill even get scouted, but mostly leave me comments, etc. so i can eventually be able to submit more art. Thank you.

Heres the link: http://sexican.newgrounds.com/art

I AM NOT A LICENSED PHYSICIAN

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2009-10-31 11:22:47

Can you please review this? it is my first flash game.

Need a Review? Go to Review Request Club

Also please look at my art!

Response to Review Request Club 2009-10-31 11:51:25

At 10/31/09 10:28 AM, Sexican wrote: PLEASE!!! Apparently there is a limit to the ammount of art you can post in the art portal it you are unscouted...I have reached that limit today, and I cant upload the many drawings I plan to submit. Everyone please check out my art and tell me what you think and maybe ill even get scouted, but mostly leave me comments, etc. so i can eventually be able to submit more art. Thank you.

Heres the link: http://sexican.newgrounds.com/art

Hey, man, we won't manage to review all of them. Just directly link us to up to three of the art submissions you want reviewed, and we'll take it from there ;).

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2009-10-31 15:48:13

Aww i remember this place, ill have to get caught up in here eventually :) how has everyone been btw??

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2009-10-31 16:52:31

At 10/31/09 06:36 AM, Supersteph54 wrote:
Anyway, to Kirbyfemur:
Your reviews are fine, so I guess you'll make a great addition to the club. I see you've already reviewed a lot of the requests (if not all of them), so you can post the points you achieved sometime before the next member's update whenever you're ready ;).

Woot! I realize this may be a silly question, because i want to make sure i do this right lol Should i post the points here in this thread or PM, and for the whole referring a new member. Would that be for posting here, or just a nwe member in general. Again sorry if these are silly questions.

Response to Review Request Club 2009-10-31 17:34:43

At 10/31/09 04:52 PM, Kirbyfemur wrote:
At 10/31/09 06:36 AM, Supersteph54 wrote:
Anyway, to Kirbyfemur:
Woot! I realize this may be a silly question, because i want to make sure i do this right lol Should i post the points here in this thread or PM

Don't worry, when I joined the club, I asked loads of questions XD. Anyway, you post your points in this thread; 7 points if you did all the reviews, and the number of reviews you did times 6 if you didn't forget to add Review Request Club at the bottom of any reviews, plus 3 points for posting once throughout the week. So if you did all the reviews with Review Request Club under each one this week, you get 19x6+3+7 which is 124 points I think.

and for the whole referring a new member. Would that be for posting here, or just a nwe member in general. Again sorry if these are silly questions.

I don't know if I understanded this question correctly, but you get 5 points for referring to a new member (for example, you invite a friend to join this club... you get 5 points for doing so).

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2009-10-31 19:06:14

At 10/31/09 03:48 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: Aww i remember this place, ill have to get caught up in here eventually :) how has everyone been btw??

Yeah, not bad thanks - still got to plough through this week's reviews, but between innings, I think I can manage them. Should be fun to attempt, anyway.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2009-10-31 20:23:07

At 10/31/09 03:48 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: Aww i remember this place, ill have to get caught up in here eventually :) how has everyone been btw??

I think you where on and off the old club a few times, but it's always nice to have you on board. ;)

Also, 4 reviews to go for me, should be a piece of cake to pull them off tomorrow. ^^

Response to Review Request Club 2009-10-31 20:37:05

I think i got them all done, unless the list i was using was the wrong one, the list i was using was on page 29 think.

Response to Review Request Club 2009-11-01 02:50:14

I've recommended Rainfallen to this, hopefully he'll be able to help it out. =3

Response to Review Request Club 2009-11-01 02:54:40

I love reviewing other peoples music and creations! May I join?

An entertainer can make music to please his fans; an artist has to make music to please himself.

Have music, will travel.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2009-11-01 03:50:56

At 11/1/09 02:54 AM, Rainfallen wrote: I love reviewing other peoples music and creations! May I join?

I'm not sure... some of your reviews are long and helpful, while others are even smaller than Youtube comments. The one you did on

is very good and what's expected in this club. Make a few more reviews like that, and we'd be happy to let you in the club ;). How about you wait for the next update of the requests list to come out, and then review those, with reviews as good and helpful as the one you did on the above song. Then, post the points you gained by reviewing (points system is found on the first post of the thread), and you'll be part of the club. Make sure they're reviews not comments, though :).

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2009-11-01 07:28:07

At 11/1/09 02:54 AM, Rainfallen wrote: I love reviewing other peoples music and creations! May I join?

Your reviews are passable, so long as you don't slip back into the situation of the one line comments. It can be difficult, but if you can't come up with something for a review there and then, give it a break and then come back later and try again.

I've gotten all of the reviews for this week done. It took me most of Game 3 of the World Series this time, but I've got through that and 6 hours sleep later and I've finished.

Time for the pub.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature