00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

officialkingcrab0 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Need music for my short film

979 Views | 5 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Need music for my short film 2009-05-05 11:46:38

To everyone who responded to my original post, sorry about the vagueness of my message. Here is a more detailed description of what I'm looking for.

If you check out my youtube link, I'm looking for a couple of different genre's.

The first would be kind of suspenseful, film noir music.

The second feel I'm looking for, is more of mid 70's, retro funk music. Lots of attitude. In my temp. track I'm actually referencing music from Death Proof. I believe it's Jack Nitzsche: The Last Race.
The other track I'm sampling is Truck Stop from the Shaft 3 soundtrack.

Overall, I really want similar music to what I'm sampling because I feel it suits my film the best. If you are able to replicate a similar feel (if not sound) that would be awesome.

Just click on my original post or this one to view my film. Foxy Hotmamma.

Thank you for your responses.Foxy Hotmamma

Response to Need music for my short film 2009-05-05 13:43:43

Look around in the Audio portal. Guarantee there are submissions just like these in there.

Response to Need music for my short film 2009-05-06 06:10:58

We told you before man, Sorohano is your guy. Dont re-post dawg.

Response to Need music for my short film 2009-05-06 06:21:40

hi,
ive a couple of mates who are currently working on very similar projects and they are always lookin for more projects like this, am havin trouble gettin in touch with them today, but as soon as i do i'll be sure to put you in touch some how, will try'n post a link to they're facebook or myspace, its worth havin a chat to them,
hope that'l be of use

Response to Need music for my short film 2009-05-06 12:45:17

Cool I like what i heard from you Sorohano!

I'm not too sure how this works though. You have a couple tracks I would definetly like to use but I am wondering if you could recompose one of the tracks I already have in my film, as I really like the feel of it. The track is the Jack Nitzsche's one at the end. I would not by able to pay you money as compensation (recent college grad., poor) but I would be able to add you to my credits. My film will be playing at the Bloor cinema in Toronto and at another film festival, as well as the internet so I can offer you exposure.

I would like to get your permission to use these tracks in festivals as I saw that I legally have to ask you to do so.

I apologize about the repost, I am new to forums in genral so I'm learning about the etiquet.

Thanks for your interest,

Justin