00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

stupidvampire just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Drumers here!!!

1,220 Views | 13 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Drumers here!!! 2009-05-03 01:46:06

Hello drumers, I am willing to start a thread in which u post yourfavorite music to play in drums, I want to find some challenges in the drums, post a tab link if possible

here is mine

stockholm syndrome by muse
link

here is a pic I made

Drumers here!!!

Response to Drumers here!!! 2009-05-03 09:15:45

That's a pretty sweet pic man.

I really don't know any songs on drums, so I usually just jam by myself because I live in a small town where it's almost impossible to start a band. :/ I love playing Toxicity by System of a Down though, a lot of fun fills in that one and also One Armed Scissors by At the Drive In.

Response to Drumers here!!! 2009-05-03 17:48:53

Yeah System of a Down songs are definitely fun, and exhausting.
I have knocked over my crash cymbal playing Deer Dance.

I'm standing here and the atmosphere is literally a duck.

Response to Drumers here!!! 2009-05-03 18:05:48

Anything by Lamb of God, Children of Bodom or Mudvayne.

pervokative.bandcamp.com

pervokatively provocative perverted person

Response to Drumers here!!! 2009-05-03 22:36:54

Ironically, my favorite song to drum to at the moment is my own: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/2 34379

Likewise, I find that Newgrounds features a wealth of great material to jam out to. Although it can be a great tool, I am very turned off by the term "tab" when in reference to drums or percussion. A lot of important information can be lost in "tab."

Sorry for ranting on and on, but if you'd like some inspiration on drumming to things that didn't normally have drum tracks, try this guy: http://www.youtube.com/user/vadrum?blend =1&ob=4

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/lis ten/239580 - WGI Percussion style! What's that? Take a listen!

BBS Signature

Response to Drumers here!!! 2009-05-03 22:48:36

My band covered this song once. I ,prefer playing our own songs though. I havn't actually "written" a drum line in a long ass time. Improv is too much fun.

quarl BandCamp

Response to Drumers here!!! 2009-05-04 05:55:57

Probably 4 Words to Choke Upon by Bullet For My Valentine, love that beat, love playin it.

Certified audiophreak, lv 60.

BBS Signature

Response to Drumers here!!! 2009-05-04 08:11:33

At 5/3/09 10:36 PM, RedHatCore wrote: Ironically, my favorite song to drum to at the moment is my own: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/2 34379

Likewise, I find that Newgrounds features a wealth of great material to jam out to. Although it can be a great tool, I am very turned off by the term "tab" when in reference to drums or percussion. A lot of important information can be lost in "tab."

Sorry for ranting on and on, but if you'd like some inspiration on drumming to things that didn't normally have drum tracks, try this guy: http://www.youtube.com/user/vadrum?blend =1&ob=4

I agree whole-heartedly with you on the tab thing. They're digusting to look at for drums and it makes learning songs that much more complicated - Either listen to the song and learn or open a guitar pro file. Most of the time you have to edit the guitar pro drums around a bit to make the drums more accurate.

Response to Drumers here!!! 2009-05-04 08:48:31

Why would you read drum tabs? Might just be because I'm still reading my grading books, but musical notation covers all your volumetrics and feels and instructions and can line up better with keyboard and vocals.

Anyway. Currently I'm enjoying drumming along to Californication by the Chilli Peppers, although I'm after a new electronic drum kit and have my Grade 4 pieces to memorize so sitting down to my practice kit and hammering out anything bar Cherry Bomb and Baked Potarto feels like cheating.

Anyone actually sit down with a practice pad and just practice your rudaments while watching TV? Or is that just me?

BBS Signature

Response to Drumers here!!! 2009-05-04 15:50:12

I practice rudiments just in silence for about an hour or so each day. My pad is a piece of shit though, so it can get pretty frustrating. My pad is so bad that it forces you to press into it just to get a good bounce out of the stick. But hey, you go with what you get, right?

You said something about getting an electronic set too.. which got me thinking: What's everyone's setup? Drum sizes, cymbals, pedals, even your drum throne.

I've got:

22x18 bass drum
10x8 tom
12x9 tom
14x12 floor tom
5-1/2x14 snare

My cymbals are stock, because something got screwed up when I was ordering everything. I was trying to buy a different cymbal pack that had the hi hats, the ride, a crash, and a splash. I was going to buy a black china after that. But whatever.. Now I have these Meinl Cymbals.

16" Crash
20" Ride
12" China

I've got a stock pedal as well, which can be a real bitch sometimes as I get a "laggy" feel while playing with it occasionaly.

My heads are Evans EQ3 - All replaced except for the snare but that one actually has pretty good quality for how I have it tuned so its fine.

Drumers here!!!

Response to Drumers here!!! 2009-05-04 16:04:22

My current set up is a quite old Pearl Rhythm Traveller with just mesh heads, and a Mapex double bass pedal. Unfortunately, the hihat stand leaves no room for the slave pedal, so it's currently just single pedalled.

The kit I'm looking at is a Roland TD9-SX / TD9-KX - Roland's mid-level electronic kit. The hi-hat controller will be replaced immediately with a Roland VH-11... so the final set up will be that with a three-triggered snare, three two triggered toms, two crashes, one ride/crash and a bass controller with the double bass recycled from the previous kit.

BBS Signature

Response to Drumers here!!! 2009-05-04 19:08:32

Current Set:

Pearl Bass Drum, 3 Pearl toms, Pearl snare, Paiste Hat, Paiste 16in Crash/Ride, Paiste 20in Ride. Good stuff.

My favorite song to cover, with my band especially, is Decode. We even got a guest singer to help us play it at our school's Battle Of The Bands.

And it's drummers, OP.

Response to Drumers here!!! 2009-05-04 20:48:39

At 5/4/09 07:08 PM, Kaizerwolf wrote:
And it's drummers, OP.

Ooo damn is it?? aa damn it!! :P My current drum set is pretty crab it is the one in the image I posted at the beggining of this thread,it is a SP drumset it is just a 4 piece drum set, I just don't really know the sizes, it has as every 4 drum set one snare drum, one tom, one floor tom a bass drum and the plates are a 18" crash ride it is PAiste and a 13" hit hat, note: in the image it has 2 crash plates because I just photoshoped it, if you look clearly, they are the same plates. ( is plates correct) (o damn first drumers :( and I don't know if plates is correct)

I just got the sizes:

# Bass drum: 20" x 16",
# Tom tom: 12" x 9",
# Floor tom: 14" x 12",
# Snare drum: 5" x 13",

and thanks for the ones that posted their favorite songs, I'll try them sometime, I don't really have a band I just like playing it :P
:D

druMMers rock!!!

Response to Drumers here!!! 2009-05-05 14:59:52

At 5/4/09 05:55 AM, Slipstreamer wrote: Probably 4 Words to Choke Upon by Bullet For My Valentine, love that beat, love playin it.

that song is cool, and shouty :p

here is a youtube link