00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Tshtsh17 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Who would win, Spartan or Ninja?

10,934 Views | 69 Replies

Response to Who would win, Spartan or Ninja? 2009-04-22 14:28:30

I find it funny that when the ninja jumped over the log, he did a flip, it was unnecessary.

I thought the Spartan will win, and so did the show.

Sig made by azteca89

BBS Signature

Response to Who would win, Spartan or Ninja? 2009-04-22 17:39:24

The spartan brutally raped the ninja. Also I agree with the post somewhat higher than me, the ninja did a fucking flip over the log? Totally uncalled for

Hewo

BBS Signature

Response to Who would win, Spartan or Ninja? 2009-04-23 00:46:38

At 4/22/09 02:28 PM, Zoraxe7 wrote: I find it funny that when the ninja jumped over the log, he did a flip, it was unnecessary.

Absolutely true. Looking at the word ninjutsu, being the art of the ninja, one of the literal translations is "art of endurance." The quintessential element of ninjutsu techniue is to achieve maximum effect with minimum effort. A ninja who's running and jumping and flipping all the time isn't doing what he was trained to do; and if that's what he was trained to do, he isn't a ninja.

Long story short...this show you're talking about must really suck at research.

Response to Who would win, Spartan or Ninja? 2009-04-23 01:22:28

Wow this thread is full of people who don't know what they're talking about.

Spartans had that whole group combat thing going, with the shields and whatnot, but they were very proficient in sword based combat as well. People seem to get this to some degree (but not the degree I would like).

What people don't seem to get is what ninjas actually did. They didn't have supernatural killing skills. They were skilled at getting in and out of a place quickly, killing people when they weren't looking, disguising themselves to get closer to their victims and other guerrilla tactics. If they were seen, they'd usually just run away.

Sure they had things like throwing stars and other crazy objects, but these largely weren't for killing people. They were used as a stalling tactic. Ninja stars are ridiculously inaccurate, so a ninja wouldn't expect to hit anyone when throwing them while running away. However, the pursuers would likely hesitate a bit when they saw a sharp metal object flying their way, allowing the ninja more time to run away.

They were also trained in close quarters combat, and carried swords, but that wasn't as important a part of their repertoire as other skills.

So yeah, learn more before making stupid calls.

Kuro - Puting the 'Kur' back in 'inkurable disease.'

BBS Signature

Response to Who would win, Spartan or Ninja? 2009-05-02 11:41:36

How come the show has the warriors see each other and immediately start fighting? That's stupid.

BBS Signature

Response to Who would win, Spartan or Ninja? 2009-05-02 12:19:45

Well now it's Mafia vs. Yakuza. They aren't even warriors. And the show is called Deadliest Warrior. They are jst modsters or gangsters or whatever you call them. Also, if it's 1 on 1 thats retarded cause basically first shot win. And if I see bullet dodging and matrix shit I'm disapointed

Hewo

BBS Signature

Response to Who would win, Spartan or Ninja? 2009-05-02 12:25:22

ninjas. They are more careful than the spartans while fighting and they can also defeat pirates.

"my future starts when I wake up every morning...Everyday I find something creative to do with my life"

---Miles Davis

BBS Signature

Response to Who would win, Spartan or Ninja? 2009-05-02 12:29:03

how has this not been done yet?
spartan would cut off the ninjas head and shit down his throat.

Who would win, Spartan or Ninja?

"I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act." ~ Jaime Lannister

BBS Signature

Response to Who would win, Spartan or Ninja? 2009-05-02 12:29:50

A ninja obviously. They are agile, stealthy, and kill from long distances.

Response to Who would win, Spartan or Ninja? 2009-05-02 12:34:34

At 4/22/09 02:09 PM, TheSporkLord wrote: another thing, most people think they were super stealthy assassins, stealthy , yes. but the term assassin means killing someone important. ninjas didnt always just throw a shuriken from hundreds of feet away. they could be standing right in front of the emperor and stab him and it would still be considered an assassination

these days the term of ninja has been updated to a more fantasy oriented ninja, and that's fine with me.

ninja of the past are fairly forgotten now and replaced by their new more bad ass counterparts.

Gamertag: Catspirit123

home forum

BBS Signature