00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

velvzie just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ask Your Cubase Questions Here

2,107 Views | 13 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Ask Your Cubase Questions Here 2009-04-07 22:21:22

Anything you'd like to know.
From transporters to tempo tracking.

Response to Ask Your Cubase Questions Here 2009-04-08 07:30:56

I'm pretty sure there's already a thread about this

Book of Anima 22:32 " Do not profane my awesome name. I must be acknowledged as awesome by the Newgrounders. I am the LORD of music, who makes you awesome."

BBS Signature

Response to Ask Your Cubase Questions Here 2009-04-08 08:02:58

The start of this thread is pretty much as crappy as thisone, but at least it has some suck-up reference to me innit :P

in all honesty though, there aren't even that many questions about Cubase in this forum, so there's not even a reason to try to be all "OMG POST YUOR CUBBASSS QUESTINS IN DAT THRED". It's perfectley fine, as of now, to make a new thread when a cubase question aries, same goes for pretty much every other software, apart from FL and Reason.

so yeah, if anyone have any questions, ask em in here by all means, but shit ain't gonna go down if a new thread is made. as of now.

Wakka wakka

Response to Ask Your Cubase Questions Here 2009-04-08 10:08:23

in all honesty though, there aren't even that many questions about Cubase in this forum, so there's not even a reason to try to be all "OMG POST YUOR CUBBASSS QUESTINS IN DAT THRED".

Sorry dude , I made a search for it and didn't find another thread.
And I thought that I might aswell try to be helpful :)

Response to Ask Your Cubase Questions Here 2009-04-08 23:54:33

Okay. I have a question about Cubase. Can I have Cubase make me master of the audio universe? I'd like to take over all genres and instruments ever created, and siphon them off one by one for my own personal profit. Can Cubase do that for me? If it can, where do I click to make it happen? lolz

JK

P.S. When did Rucklo get nunchucks? I was ll used to him being lvl 26 and having the switchblade. Now all of a sudden, new banner and new lvl picture? :O

Response to Ask Your Cubase Questions Here 2009-04-09 01:23:13

At 4/8/09 11:54 PM, brokendeck wrote: Okay. I have a question about Cubase. Can I have Cubase make me master of the audio universe? I'd like to take over all genres and instruments ever created, and siphon them off one by one for my own personal profit. Can Cubase do that for me? If it can, where do I click to make it happen? lolz

I think they were going to put that in Cubase 5 but held off until more users had 64-bit processors, since 32-bit computers can't address the whole universe. They put in the next best thing, though: "Now Gunter and Gunter will demo the GunterMash plugin to dominate your loops".

But seriously, Steinberg is based in Germany, so Cubase will probably be the first sequencer to have audio universe-mastering features when they become available.

Response to Ask Your Cubase Questions Here 2009-04-09 10:04:03

At 4/8/09 11:54 PM, brokendeck wrote: Okay. I have a question about Cubase. Can I have Cubase make me master of the audio universe? I'd like to take over all genres and instruments ever created, and siphon them off one by one for my own personal profit. Can Cubase do that for me? If it can, where do I click to make it happen? lolz

JK

I have a question back.
Does people like you grow on trees ?
Cause I want one in my basement.

Response to Ask Your Cubase Questions Here 2012-05-09 07:34:00

Hi there! I'm using keyboard for recording midi and then assigning instruments to them in Cubase LE 4.
I've decided to upgrade to 6 and after comparing the products on steinberg page here's the question:

Do I miss something essential if I go with Elements and not Artist, considering the way I compose.

: What? No I won't level up, I like my watergun.

Response to Ask Your Cubase Questions Here 2012-05-09 11:33:19

At 5/9/12 07:34 AM, NikeTheSword wrote: Hi there! I'm using keyboard for recording midi and then assigning instruments to them in Cubase LE 4.
I've decided to upgrade to 6 and after comparing the products on steinberg page here's the question:

Do I miss something essential if I go with Elements and not Artist, considering the way I compose.

Up this because of the decent question from a cool person! So many trolls with no g/f... LMAO

no, really...DON'T CLICK THE PIC

BBS Signature

Response to Ask Your Cubase Questions Here 2012-05-10 02:46:20

At 5/9/12 07:34 AM, NikeTheSword wrote: Hi there! I'm using keyboard for recording midi and then assigning instruments to them in Cubase LE 4.

I thuoght that Elements was a stripped down version of the standard edition. Like less midi tracks and effect plug-ins. Figure out how many tracks and plug-ins you may or may not need before deciding wether you wanna use a full version of Cubase or not.

Response to Ask Your Cubase Questions Here 2012-05-10 05:11:14

At 5/10/12 02:46 AM, BrokenDeck wrote:

I thuoght that Elements was a stripped down version of the standard edition. Like less midi tracks and effect plug-ins. Figure out how many tracks and plug-ins you may or may not need before deciding wether you wanna use a full version of Cubase or not.

Elements has enough tracks for me (64, as LE which I'm using now only allows 6 lol). But I'm more conerned on stuff like "MIDI effect plug-ins" or "FX return channels" Do I really need 64 of those? Or is 8 enough for me? I don't even know what they do :D

Here's the feature comparison list: http://www.steinberg.net/en/products/cubase/specs_downloads/
feature_comparison.html

You don't need to explain everything to me, I was just concerned if elements is lacking something very essential when it comes to my style of composing. Ofc I can later on upgrade, but atm all help and hints are appreciated.

Response to Ask Your Cubase Questions Here 2012-05-10 05:39:57

At 5/10/12 05:11 AM, NikeTheSword wrote: Ofc I can later on upgrade, but atm all help and hints are appreciated.

Use what you can afford. ;)

Response to Ask Your Cubase Questions Here 2012-05-10 06:32:40

At 5/10/12 05:39 AM, BrokenDeck wrote:
At 5/10/12 05:11 AM, NikeTheSword wrote: Ofc I can later on upgrade, but atm all help and hints are appreciated.
Use what you can afford. ;)

True, I'll go with the elements and upgrade once I discover that I just can't live without those extra 46 FX return channels :P

Response to Ask Your Cubase Questions Here 2012-08-09 13:18:18

Hi there, I appear to be in an unfortunate situation which happens to be extremely aggravating, so I hope to resolve this issue quickly.

Basically, when I plug Cubase to my Tascam US-122 Mk II drivers, everything works fine. But for some reason, whenever I try to use it with integrated drivers, like DirectX or Asio4All, the main track doesn't let out any sound.

I can see that individual tracks seem to be working with the volume indicators on the side, and I can listen to individual tracks, but nothing comes out of the main mix for whatever reason.

Now I may just be an idiot, but I can't seem to figure out the issue. HALP!

P.S. for the record, I'm using Cubase LE 5, on a 64-bit Windows 7 OS.