00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

tox just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Re-Blocked in China

129,729 Views | 744 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Re-Blocked in China 2009-04-03 11:39:12

WOW so many pissed off people i kinda liked the background even though the red was kinda bright to my eyes after getting my pupils dilated why can't people take a damn joke

Response to Re-Blocked in China 2009-04-03 11:49:15

uhh, i dont believe im familiar with the rules. What makes me elligible to vote on the submissions? last year I couldn't, what made this year any different?

and lol @ the retarded pm's u got

Awesome turret game in the making, featuring 85 uniqe turrets: News post

BBS Signature

Response to Re-Blocked in China 2009-04-03 11:51:21

At 4/3/09 01:59 AM, Kamisha01 wrote: Nice leval icons like the person below me said. I thought it wasa great idea untill I logged on yesterday and saw even 8 bit waterslide was blocked from my view. Yesterday things were so bad I actually thought that the site was down and I would come back in an hour.

Yeah i thought the site was hacked but it was april 1st so you know lol

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to Re-Blocked in China 2009-04-03 11:56:46

Ha!! That day was halarious...

Response to Re-Blocked in China 2009-04-03 12:09:39

why not have have both newgrounds and a diffrent china newgrounds.

Response to Re-Blocked in China 2009-04-03 12:29:24

LMAO. Some people actually thought it was real?! I mean sure it was convincing and at first i was like "..seriously?" But then it just seemed fishy and i remembered the date.
I love the person who questioned your patriotism: "arent you an american?!"
Poor Mr Fulp. He only lives to bring the fun.

Response to Re-Blocked in China 2009-04-03 12:29:51

What I don't get is how people can still not realise that it was an April Fool's joke after sixteen pages of it being explicitly stated that it was an April Fool's joke.

Do some people really think that Tom was seriously considering shutting down the Flash Portal?

Also, I'm standing up for any European/non-US NGers against the assumption that free speech is a uniquely American concept, as is definately the impression from those responses. Not that anyone in their right minds would take them seriously. :/

BBS Signature

Response to Re-Blocked in China 2009-04-03 12:39:44

I'm still laughing my ass off at the user responses. I seriously can't imagine anyone stupid enough to have taken that day seriously, especially on a site like this. It kinda freaks me out though, so many stupid people....and so passionate about free speech. In China i'm guessing that April Fool's joke is a reality, and over a billion people live with it. Tom's the shit.

Response to Re-Blocked in China 2009-04-03 12:45:57

Wasn't that whole China thign an Aprils fool?

Response to Re-Blocked in China 2009-04-03 12:59:09

Grrz, China can be depressin. But as I am quarter Vietnamese and Chinese, and half English, I would referr that China be very cold. They shouldn't block games like that. It wuz gd, but the games word deletion and video games word deletion did definatly not do the trick. Man.
I'm so glad its gone. YEY!

Darn, LOTTA change.

Re-Blocked in China

Response to Re-Blocked in China 2009-04-03 12:59:28

April Fools

In order to become a Leader... U must first serve as a follower

History Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Re-Blocked in China 2009-04-03 13:00:48

hahahaha i can't belive people acctualy got pissed over that...some people need to win darwin awards

Response to Re-Blocked in China 2009-04-03 13:02:11

i pooped it was so funny...heh heh.........

wait...

I Am Silent...

BBS Signature

Response to Re-Blocked in China 2009-04-03 13:16:12

I was just wondering. If NG is blocked in China, how can it then be that F-777 can be here on NG when he lives in China...

Response to Re-Blocked in China 2009-04-03 13:23:05

People actually bought that shit??
Jeez, the world is really filled with stupid animals, and so much of them has computers...

Wat

Response to Re-Blocked in China 2009-04-03 13:28:26

well i'm glad you decided not to tae out what made newgrounds newgrounds so the Chinese goverment would be happy. we should be thankful as Americans to have freedom of speech, but there's nothing wrong with making a little extra cash, or a lot extra cash.

hey, you should make a Newgrounds: China Edition. then everyone wins

"Gays that wear eyeliners are fags."

--xscreamxrawrxsex, Youtube User

Response to Re-Blocked in China 2009-04-03 13:50:59

I love how stupid people are XD did they not realize it was April Fool's day? lolololol

Response to Re-Blocked in China 2009-04-03 13:58:53

uhm i forgot to say this yesterday:
dude your forgot to say april fools

lmfao

Needs hosting for your site click here if you dont need allot of space and is not interested in the post to host plans or can't afford a paid hosting pm me.

Response to Re-Blocked in China 2009-04-03 14:10:38

W00t! I just realised that pico day is my gf birthday! =-O

Response to Re-Blocked in China 2009-04-03 14:28:05

Well, what did you expect? It's China. You can't fart there without gettin run over by a tank. Oh well, it was a nice try tryin to bring the funny to other people around the world, Tom.

Response to Re-Blocked in China 2009-04-03 14:29:48

this was sent after april fools so if its ment be april fools joke then did'ent do a good job. but nice try :)

Response to Re-Blocked in China 2009-04-03 14:46:25

That was a great job Tom and everyone else who had a hand in it. Although it was very clever, I still can't believe people fell for it and got so pissed off as they did. Come on guys, are you that gullible? As big of a change as this might have been, I think we would have gotten some advanced warning, and he certainly wouldn't have waited until April 1st to unveil it.

Got the gear, got the gas, got compression. My direction is cast to the concrete.

I am a motor musician, moving to the asphalt beat.

[Metal Hell]

BBS Signature

Response to Re-Blocked in China 2009-04-03 14:50:56

i want the chinese ppl back...i want them so much
lovely chinese ppl

Response to Re-Blocked in China 2009-04-03 14:55:58

At 4/2/09 02:33 PM, SCUD14 wrote:
Free Tibet.

ill TAKE it....China...I have something you may want....Thats right...ALL the tea

Yes Charles, the Cats And Hedgehogs are Takin' over....

BBS Signature

Response to Re-Blocked in China 2009-04-03 15:04:56

I like how some of those messages sent to Tom seemed like they were actually thinking the April's Fools joke was a real thing. Haha.

Also it felt awesome to have the moderator aura for just one day!

Response to Re-Blocked in China 2009-04-03 15:20:21

Ha ha, it had me going for all of about ohh, 10 seconds when I started seing content had been blocked and then I remembered the date.

Can't believe some people fell for it so bad...

Response to Re-Blocked in China 2009-04-03 15:33:17

At 4/2/09 02:33 PM, BobbaQ wrote: Pity. I was starting to like it as well.

What, the fact that newgrounds would become a blank site that can't be updated by other users, can't view 90% of anything already submitted, can't listen to about any of the music, can't post on any forums or have any chat that won't take 4 hours to see what the other person is typing, no rights except if your one of the site manager's crew, and can only sell very limited products due to the immense amount of censoring in China?

If you like that, what are you doing on newgrounds?

BBS Signature

Response to Re-Blocked in China 2009-04-03 15:44:16

i thought the Chinese changes where hilarious. it was TOTALLY something i would see Newgrounds doing. i personally saw it as a joke, to stick to these bizarre standards for a day for a laugh, and nothing else. i didn't see it as selling out, or see it as hindering free speech in some kind of chauvinist conspiracy plot. it was just funny to have up for a day...and kind of to me made a statement about free speech. the site would like to be viewable in China, but if it has to be censored and changed to be so, is the site really achieving anything in being there? apparently not. and the good choice in my opinion of not sticking to there standards.

Independent Media Producer.

BBS Signature

Response to Re-Blocked in China 2009-04-03 15:46:45

lol, it was just an april fools joke..

Response to Re-Blocked in China 2009-04-03 15:56:04

Communism= Epic Fail

China= Epic Fail

thats Epic Fail to the second power.

when LIFE gives you lemons, make lemonade. then find someone who's LIFE is giving them vodka, and have a party

BBS Signature