00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LewgusWithFriends just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Monthly Voice Acting Contest -2-

12,914 Views | 144 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Monthly Voice Acting Contest -2- 2009-03-22 20:58:56

WHATSUP NERDS.

So last month I held Newgrounds First Voice Acting Contest... and it went very well with some kick-ass entries. If you want to see those entries and see what the contest was like last time, just clickety click HERE. So anyway, down to the point. Since it went down so well and Tom sponsored me by giving the winners store credit, im going to hold another one!

TEH RULES

Record an original voice acting story with...

-At least 3 different voices

-10 minutes maximum and4 minutes minimum

-AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, End your recording with a MASSIVE explosion! MADE WITH YOUR VOICE!!! If you use some pre-set explosion form the internet ill gore your eyes out!

So to sum that all up, record a short voice acting story that you made up using at least 3 different voices and ending it with an explosion made with your voice. Got it?

TEH JUDGING PROCESS

This is how your submission will be judged, much like last time.

Acting - The most important of all, YOUR ACTING! Your voice acting needs to sound like the charecter is actually in his or her situation. Try not to be monotone and dull. - 35 points

Fit - How well each charecters voice fit with their being. *An old man would have a raspy voice and a big guy would have a deep voice. e.t.c.* - 25 points

Originality - How original your story was. Be creative! - 15 points

Range - How well each character sounds different from eachother - 15 points

Mixing- Not all of us can afford a good mic, but please try to make your final production as high quality as possible! If your voice is fuzzy and staticy, the judges cant judge your voice as well. - 10

All of the judges will give you a score out of 100, based on this jusdgin process. Then I will average the score along with mine and review your submission with a summary of what everyone said.

TEH PRIZES *Oh joy!*

Right now, the prizes are going to be awarded to the TOP 3 ENTRIES.

1st Place - 50$ in store credit plus front page.

2nd Place - 30$ in store credit plus front page.

3rd Place - 15$ in store credit plus front page.

I need to contact Tom and ask him if these are alright or not. i am sure he will agree, but you never know! Thanks again Tom, if you are reading this, for giving the money to the winners last time. :)

Well, THATS IT!!! If you would like to be a judge for this wonderful contest, please say why here and give a brief description of your voice acting experience. 5 JUDGES MAX. *including me*

So get your best explosion voice and START YOUR VOICE ACTING STORY!!!

Response to Monthly Voice Acting Contest -2- 2009-03-22 22:23:39

err... bump? :|

Man its lonely in here...

Response to Monthly Voice Acting Contest -2- 2009-03-22 22:42:33

Cool! Another VA contest! =D
I may participate in this, if I can actually get a decent quality microphone. I already have a story made up, and even created 3 characters. Now I just need a good mic.

Response to Monthly Voice Acting Contest -2- 2009-03-23 04:02:24

Ah come on! I REALLY HAVE TO BUM THIS AGAIN!? 12 people sent me a freakinf message asking me to make this and now this is what I get? >:*(

Response to Monthly Voice Acting Contest -2- 2009-03-23 04:39:04

Sounds challenging, yet enticing! I probably will give this a shot.

Any idea on a deadline for submissions, though?

Most Recent Flash I Voiced In! (UPDATED 6/1/11)

Most Recent Outside Project Voiced In! (UPDATED 2/5/12)

Add me on Skype: NGsonicmega

BBS Signature

Response to Monthly Voice Acting Contest -2- 2009-03-23 09:15:04

WooHoo! Ill start working on it!

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to Monthly Voice Acting Contest -2- 2009-03-23 10:37:14

oh and due date? And do you still frown upon voice manipulation software?

Because I do >:(

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to Monthly Voice Acting Contest -2- 2009-03-23 17:18:24

At 3/23/09 10:37 AM, ForNoReason wrote: oh and due date? And do you still frown upon voice manipulation software?

Because I do >:(

No due date has been decided yet, but I will probably post it beginning page 2.

*Somewhere around... April 15th lol*

Response to Monthly Voice Acting Contest -2- 2009-03-23 18:01:41

Alright, you can count me in.

A misunderstanding: Apparently this is where I was supposed to post the link to my demo.

I don't like wrestling. Don't get mad. It's just that I hate the idea of two sweaty, half-naked men, grabbing each other by the waist, and throwing each other on the ground.

Response to Monthly Voice Acting Contest -2- 2009-03-23 18:08:00

At 3/23/09 06:01 PM, Live4 wrote: Alright, you can count me in.

A misunderstanding: Apparently this is where I was supposed to post the link to my demo.

...That was the wrong link.

I don't like wrestling. Don't get mad. It's just that I hate the idea of two sweaty, half-naked men, grabbing each other by the waist, and throwing each other on the ground.

Response to Monthly Voice Acting Contest -2- 2009-03-23 23:07:52

Lol, I was the first one to post on the first contest but never submitted.

I will, and this time FER SURE.

moozik is fuhn ye.

Response to Monthly Voice Acting Contest -2- 2009-03-23 23:41:16

Good luck to all the VA's in this contest =).

Wyldfyre1

Response to Monthly Voice Acting Contest -2- 2009-03-24 03:53:25

At 3/23/09 11:07 PM, DanMasterFlash wrote: Lol, I was the first one to post on the first contest but never submitted.

I will, and this time FER SURE.

DO IT. ITS GOOD FOR YOUR HEALTH.

Response to Monthly Voice Acting Contest -2- 2009-03-24 03:55:17

HEY!!! TOM HAS OFFERED TO ADD 10$ TO EACH PRIZE!!! :D :D :D

Response to Monthly Voice Acting Contest -2- 2009-03-24 05:23:19

I wouldn't mind being a judge, because I'm too old and tired to do much else.

twitter.com/DevenOClock

Casting director, semi-retired from online voice acting. Sorry folks! You can still hear me in TOME, Reincarnation, and Wonders of the Universe!

BBS Signature

Response to Monthly Voice Acting Contest -2- 2009-03-24 07:53:15

At 3/24/09 05:23 AM, D-Mac-Double wrote: I wouldn't mind being a judge, because I'm too old and tired to do much else.

screw you kid Im older than you!

lolololololoolol

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to Monthly Voice Acting Contest -2- 2009-03-24 08:07:13

Ah! But are you as TIRED?

twitter.com/DevenOClock

Casting director, semi-retired from online voice acting. Sorry folks! You can still hear me in TOME, Reincarnation, and Wonders of the Universe!

BBS Signature

Response to Monthly Voice Acting Contest -2- 2009-03-24 14:27:50

At 3/24/09 08:07 AM, D-Mac-Double wrote: Ah! But are you as TIRED?

I am just full of energy since I eat about 5000 grams of sugar a day... I never need to move though since I bought this jetpack.

SO I guess im just classified as lazy.

PS I GOT RESIDENT EVIL 5 YAAAYYY!!!

Response to Monthly Voice Acting Contest -2- 2009-03-24 14:54:24

I'm going to take that as: "Yes! Yes, you ARE a judge!", because the sooner I can start taking bribes, the better.

...I mean, umm. Uhh. I CAAN BE A GUD JUGE!!!1

twitter.com/DevenOClock

BBS Signature

Response to Monthly Voice Acting Contest -2- 2009-03-24 15:28:29

At 3/24/09 08:07 AM, D-Mac-Double wrote: Ah! But are you as TIRED?

You know its all in love baby

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to Monthly Voice Acting Contest -2- 2009-03-24 16:59:44

Yay! This sounds fun :D
I will see if I can do it... :D:D

Response to Monthly Voice Acting Contest -2- 2009-03-24 17:46:28

Cool, I noticed this one in time!

Response to Monthly Voice Acting Contest -2- 2009-03-25 12:49:32

At 3/24/09 02:54 PM, D-Mac-Double wrote: I'm going to take that as: "Yes! Yes, you ARE a judge!", because the sooner I can start taking bribes, the better.

...I mean, umm. Uhh. I CAAN BE A GUD JUGE!!!1

Well, whats your experience? CAN YOU VOICE ACT?

Oh and we have a lot of takers I see.

Response to Monthly Voice Acting Contest -2- 2009-03-25 13:04:03

At 3/25/09 12:49 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: Well, whats your experience?

This many.

CAN YOU VOICE ACT?

I like to think so, at least. ;__;

twitter.com/DevenOClock

BBS Signature

Response to Monthly Voice Acting Contest -2- 2009-03-26 18:16:45

I think I'll give it a go. It's still going correct?

Response to Monthly Voice Acting Contest -2- 2009-03-27 12:19:53

I'll judge again if you need the help. Last one was great. Good luck to everyone.

Response to Monthly Voice Acting Contest -2- 2009-03-27 23:46:42

At 3/27/09 12:19 PM, sirjeffofshort wrote: I'll judge again if you need the help. Last one was great. Good luck to everyone.

I agree! it just wouldn't feel right if at least SOME of the original judges were back..

and admit it... YOU WANT ME TO JUDGE AGAIN! (I know I'm your fav!)

BBS Signature

Response to Monthly Voice Acting Contest -2- 2009-03-29 15:03:52

Dudey lol. i dont think i will be participating in this one, but i will be snooping around LOL. i have been practicing my voice at work, and hav been using different voices in my puppet shows. i am sure my "gay-wtf?" voice is the one i do best LOL. but since it has already been heard it may be boring to hear again. in the one after this.. i would like to know...
Am i allowed to do impersonations? of like arnold schwarzenegger (sorry wrong spelling propably)? that is a voice i have been practicing.
Also people where wining about my range on the flash portal, it is too limited... but WHERE! LOL. to high? low? dull? droll? WTF! lol. please can someone just check out my freaking VA demo and tell me what the problem is LOL. i really want ot learn, and adapt from these problems! BE REALLY CRITICAL AND SOME ADVICE PLEAZE :D:D:D (preferably a voice actors advice LOL) not random page strays.
well, i think thats cleared most of it up. um.. good luck entries! hopefully Fatkid has more peoples attention with this one, and so you can all go really nutz in it! also... can the Explosion be your voice with enhanced effects? i know im not in the contest, but for other peeps....
well, im outa here today. thanks peeps. GOOD LUCK!!!

Monthly Voice Acting Contest -2-

Beavers know... they always did and always will... be wary. they are watching us as we speak.

BBS Signature

Response to Monthly Voice Acting Contest -2- 2009-03-29 16:20:51

At 3/29/09 03:03 PM, Stalagmite wrote: Also people where wining about my range on the flash portal, it is too limited... but WHERE! LOL. to high? low? dull? droll? WTF! lol. i really want ot learn, and adapt from these problems! BE REALLY CRITICAL AND SOME ADVICE PLEAZE :D:D:D (preferably a voice actors advice LOL) not random page strays.

Responded to this on your last news post.

twitter.com/DevenOClock

BBS Signature

Response to Monthly Voice Acting Contest -2- 2009-03-29 20:21:09

YAYNESS! and for this i am very greatful! =D thanks alot dude!

Beavers know... they always did and always will... be wary. they are watching us as we speak.

BBS Signature