00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

YendorNG just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Monthly Voice Acting Contest -2-

12,946 Views | 144 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Monthly Voice Acting Contest -2- 2009-04-26 03:52:29

At 4/26/09 12:58 AM, tingtonger wrote: Am I the only one now constantly checking this for updates? haha

haha.... not really man. I am refreshing the forum page evey couple of hours. yayness. we can be geeks together. :D:D:D

Beavers know... they always did and always will... be wary. they are watching us as we speak.

BBS Signature

Response to Monthly Voice Acting Contest -2- 2009-04-26 05:09:25

Ok so THE CONTEST IS OVER!!!

Thanks a lot to all the entries! Here they are!

And here are the fabulous judges that will decide the winers!

http://stalagmite.newgrounds.com/
http://www.fatkidwitajetpak.newgrounds.c om/
http://sirjeffofshort.newgrounds.com/
http://d-mac-double.newgrounds.com/
http://dylawrence.newgrounds.com/

They will be judging based on this unique scoring system!

Acting - The most important of all, YOUR ACTING! Your voice acting needs to sound like the charecter is actually in his or her situation. Try not to be monotone and dull. - 35 points

Fit- How well each charecters voice fit with their being. *An old man would have a raspy voice and a big guy would have a deep voice. e.t.c.* - 25 points

Originality - How original your story was. Be creative! - 15 points

Range - How well each character sounds different from eachother - 15 points

Mixing- Not all of us can afford a good mic, but please try to make your final production as high quality as possible! If your voice is fuzzy and staticy, the judges cant judge your voice as well. - 10

All of the judges will give you a score out of 100, based on this judging process. Then I will average the score along with mine and review your submission with a summary of what everyone said.

Check back here in about a week. All scores SHOULD be averaged out and judged by then. If not, dont complain or ill rip your throat out in the form of a 500 day ban. *im actually a mod you see*

SEE YOU IN A BIT DOGS.

Response to Monthly Voice Acting Contest -2- 2009-04-26 21:54:57

Boy that was fun! I just got done judging all the submissions, and I gotta say, great job everybody, everyone had their own unique strong points!

if you want to know what score you got, just PM me or ask for a review.

I will copy/paste what I sent in to the boss.

BBS Signature

Response to Monthly Voice Acting Contest -2- 2009-04-26 22:08:20

At 4/26/09 09:54 PM, Dylawrence wrote: Boy that was fun! I just got done judging all the submissions, and I gotta say, great job everybody, everyone had their own unique strong points!

if you want to know what score you got, just PM me or ask for a review.

I will copy/paste what I sent in to the boss.

You didnt send me anything though.. :'(

Is this a conspiracy?

Response to Monthly Voice Acting Contest -2- 2009-04-26 22:20:06

At 4/26/09 10:08 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote:
You didnt send me anything though.. :'(

Is this a conspiracy?

I decided to add in a review to the contest overall! and sent in a bunch of suggestions for the third contest!

BBS Signature

Response to Monthly Voice Acting Contest -2- 2009-04-26 22:23:25

Oh I see. :o

Excuse me good sir.

Response to Monthly Voice Acting Contest -2- 2009-04-26 22:33:58

Just as a healthy reminder, here are the prizes for the competition.

1st place - 60$ in NG store credit plus front page.

2nd place - 40$ in NG store credit plus front page.

3rd place - 25$ in Ng store credit plus front page.

GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY.

Response to Monthly Voice Acting Contest -2- 2009-04-27 17:38:13

Okay... my judge votes are in... now i own all of your souls.

Also GOOD LUCK ALL OF YOU! i cant wait to see who is the mistress.master of voices this month. your submissions where all really enjoyable and really fun to listen to.
you are all awesome... that is all. :D:D:D Except a warning....
Look out for this guy

H
H
H
H
\ H /
\ H /
\ /
\ /
V

Beavers know... they always did and always will... be wary. they are watching us as we speak.

BBS Signature

Response to Monthly Voice Acting Contest -2- 2009-04-27 20:39:16

So when are we going to get some results?

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to Monthly Voice Acting Contest -2- 2009-04-28 01:29:55

At 4/27/09 08:39 PM, ForNoReason wrote: So when are we going to get some results?

I just gave you "some results"

BBS Signature

Response to Monthly Voice Acting Contest -2- 2009-04-28 09:11:37

At 4/28/09 01:29 AM, Dylawrence wrote:
At 4/27/09 08:39 PM, ForNoReason wrote: So when are we going to get some results?
I just gave you "some results"

yeah, I am not 100% sure why I posted that...

anywho....

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to Monthly Voice Acting Contest -2- 2009-04-29 09:05:37

HEY GUESS WHAT!

i dont have the results yet! :D

Response to Monthly Voice Acting Contest -2- 2009-04-29 11:09:23

I've got the results, and I'll give 'em to you free if you PayPal me 20 bucks!!

BBS Signature

Response to Monthly Voice Acting Contest -2- 2009-04-29 16:38:28

At 4/29/09 11:09 AM, tingtonger wrote: I've got the results, and I'll give 'em to you free if you PayPal me 20 bucks!!

If you give me the results you can have my soul, a cheeseburger...um... some natchos... a mild curry and perhaps even a packet of rainbow drops...no... skip the rainbow drops... i like them to much...
Also which of the many ting tonger voices am i speaking to??? hopefully psycho batman... he is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Monthly Voice Acting Contest -2- 2009-04-29 17:07:15

Lol stalagmite you crack me up. I hate users here who judge others by being random and whatnot... I just like being myself. Whateverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrr.

I need results from TWO more judges, and then I can start reviewing around Saturday. ;) I have some voice acting to do Friday.

Response to Monthly Voice Acting Contest -2- 2009-04-29 17:12:38

Right now I'm stuck in Scottish mode actually. I was accepted as director for a play adaptation of Trainspotting next year so I'm getting my Scot-slang down. And swearing a lot. Shite piss-ant cunt smothering fun's wot it is!

BBS Signature

Response to Monthly Voice Acting Contest -2- 2009-04-29 18:29:59

At 4/29/09 05:07 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: Lol stalagmite you crack me up. I hate users here who judge others by being random and whatnot... I just like being myself. Whateverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrr.
HUH?

i am just being myself to. i am not judging anyone...ironically i am.... in the contest... but i have not judged anyone else here with self righteous intent or anything... i am random. random is me. :D:D:D
pickled stew and dumpling burgers half price at cheesey charlies. :D:D:D buy now explode later.

BBS Signature

Response to Monthly Voice Acting Contest -2- 2009-04-29 23:10:37

i am just being myself to. i am not judging anyone...ironically i am.... in the contest... but i have not judged anyone else here with self righteous intent or anything... i am random. random is me. :D:D:D
pickled stew and dumpling burgers half price at cheesey charlies. :D:D:D buy now explode later.

never mind... LOL.. i am just being a retard HAHAHAHA... jebus roolz.

BBS Signature

Response to Monthly Voice Acting Contest -2- 2009-05-02 03:26:26

Well guys, im calculating the results... its 2:24 AM so I wont get done right now, and I still need scores from one other judge.. but they should be up by tomorrow! :) Heres a teaser for yah.
_______
sirjeffofshort
Sent: 05/02/09 01:19

Good lord every single submission here sucked ASS. Id rather hear the sound of a polar bear giving birth to 16 babies! I almost threw up at just th...
______

Thats all you get. >:I

Response to Monthly Voice Acting Contest -2- 2009-05-02 03:52:55

One of my hobbies is taking common sayings and trying to picture them in my head. Sucking ass makes a pretty funny scene.

BBS Signature

Response to Monthly Voice Acting Contest -2- 2009-05-02 05:32:32

Im just waiting for my check. lmfao, nah, cant wait to see the results though.

Help Me

Bloggity

The Abscence of Essence is the Essence of Absence.

BBS Signature

Response to Monthly Voice Acting Contest -2- 2009-05-02 20:28:36

At 5/2/09 05:32 AM, TheDeadMan69 wrote: Im just waiting for my check. lmfao, nah, cant wait to see the results though.

I'm waiting for my trophy :P

https://generated.inspirobot.me/a/qlPBXrQme5.jpg

Response to Monthly Voice Acting Contest -2- 2009-05-02 21:47:07

ting tonger kicks fucking ass. Mr T kicks fucking ass. there is nothing uncool about him.. except perhaps that he impersonates a woman.. a LITTLE to accurately :D:D:D well done for put us in our place ting tonger... we gracefully bow down :D:D:
Also SUPER AWESOME to For no reason... your submission had me in stitches like all your other stuff.
and the most charming submission i think was Nakoruru and her awesome cool cutesy kid voices lol. perfect for a little bit of random story telling. you where my Fav. submissions.. awesome. you are all smart... ALL OF YOU! well done everyone.

BBS Signature

Response to Monthly Voice Acting Contest -2- 2009-05-02 22:20:04

Response to Monthly Voice Acting Contest -2- 2009-05-11 05:53:56

HA, i so missed this. hehe, i got busy in my life and forgot about the contest oh well....