00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SomeApe just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

2,639,635 Views | 29,795 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

In the game "AreYouMadness?" I tried everything to get the secret medal but I can't. From the three people that have it I saw that it's called "Hank Loves You Too", so I pressumed that after you beat the game you have to select hank from the two figures appearing at the end, but that didn't do it, so I thought it was broken as it was also only unlocked by three people the first day it came out. I wanted to make sure in here that it is broken before I report it to the Official Broken Medals Thread, any help appreciated.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2021-08-21 21:57:53

In Newgrounds Snowboarding there is a very easy way to get all the medals.

As the game progresses and you earn more and more unlocks, the next unlock becomes significantly more expensive and so forth. Although the very first one is free.

So what you do is play the game in incognito mode and/or clear your cache then play the game, and take your freebie. Then close out that window and repeat the process until you have all the medals. Being sure to choose a new freebie every time.

Want to play Flash games on Newgrounds again? See here

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2021-08-30 22:22:47

WARNING: The medals of this game are impossible.

At 8/30/21 10:22 PM, HighStrike wrote: WARNING: The medals of this game are impossible.
https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/783210

So, everyone who unlocked them is cheating?

<3

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2021-11-01 11:12:19

Sorry for sort of double posting. I'm looking for a medal game that I can no longer find. See here. I'm sure that the top medal hunters played and know this game perfectly. Was it really deleted? Thanks for any insight.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2021-12-05 01:26:09

I've tried achievement hunting this game, and every achievement except four don't work. What should I do?

Catabigna

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2021-12-16 09:13:49

At 12/2/20 12:18 AM, solitonmedic wrote: Reminder that the ADVENTure games are now live!
Come get a present (and a medal) everyday all month long!

https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/606953
https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/721061
https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/743161
https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/773236

Back to the future and I'm trying to get some of the medals I missed on previous years (unluckily enough, I'll have to wait for next year for many gifts). Anyway, most are related to gift opening on the right day, but on Tankmas 2020 I have all the medals except for one gift (nevermind) and another one that I don't know what it is. I have "WATCH A MOVIE", "We're Jamming", "Horsin Around", "Think Postiive", the Alien Hominid one, "Lussekatter Vinner" and "The End - Part 3". What am I missing? Could anyone help?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2021-12-21 09:27:19

A friendly reminder to medal hunters, this medal can only be unlocked on December 21st.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2021-12-21 09:28:41

At 12/16/21 09:13 AM, CaminanteNocturno wrote:
At 12/2/20 12:18 AM, solitonmedic wrote: Reminder that the ADVENTure games are now live!

Back to the future and I'm trying to get some of the medals I missed on previous years (unluckily enough, I'll have to wait for next year for many gifts). Anyway, most are related to gift opening on the right day, but on Tankmas 2020 I have all the medals except for one gift (nevermind) and another one that I don't know what it is. I have "WATCH A MOVIE", "We're Jamming", "Horsin Around", "Think Postiive", the Alien Hominid one, "Lussekatter Vinner" and "The End - Part 3". What am I missing? Could anyone help?

There's an obscure secret medal in Tankmas 2020 for finding Alan's missing piece of cheese, which is in the arcade.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2021-12-21 13:32:41

At 12/21/21 09:28 AM, JimmyCarlos wrote:
At 12/16/21 09:13 AM, CaminanteNocturno wrote:

There's an obscure secret medal in Tankmas 2020 for finding Alan's missing piece of cheese, which is in the arcade.

Thanks a lot, Jimmy!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2022-05-06 21:54:16

abobos big adventure medals not working please help

Fredrick piss water the 3rd

my best thread

My channel :)

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2022-05-15 03:27:40

Pico.EXE

Well, there are three medals in this game, one for getting through the game.

You get one medal for typing /gray (instead of /start) at the start

You get one medal for typing /pork (instead of /start) at the start

Yeah IMO this is kind of lame but there you have it.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2022-05-20 16:52:21

At 11/16/12 09:28 AM, TeamJack wrote: If anybody is wondering how to get the secret medals in "The Visit", Here you are!

Shut the hell up, my account from when I was 12 >:(

At 5/6/22 09:54 PM, poopypeter wrote: abobos big adventure medals not working please help

Yeah they're not workin' in Ruffle right now, they'll hopefully be fixed sooner than later :)

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2022-05-30 02:55:21

9/11 Tower Jumper

Well this one is cheap as hell. Apparently all you need to do to "win" the game (and get that SPLAT medal) is press and hold Y on your keyboard for the entire duration, don't even try to bother dodging, and this keeps you invincible as long as you're holding it the entire time, and no arrow keys.

Has anyone figured out the secret medal in Gappy's Playground? I messaged the first two people who earned it and as far as they knew all they did was enter the door. Clearly there's something else you have to do, because I completed all the rest of the game and medals while collecting all the coins, and tried many times and different methods, and still didn't get anything special. Don't want to keep pestering people who earn it.

See my news post with medal hunting links and tools. I made a program NGMedals that finds your statistics and unearned medals.

There is also a browser script.

Maintainer of the Top Medal Point Users List and API Mod - feel free to PM with any issues.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2023-06-17 21:47:55

WARNING: Medals in this game are really hard to get. Not only beat all 100 (will be more levels in the future) levels to get all levels medal, you need to work on secret medals and extra medals too to get all medals in this game.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2023-06-25 07:30:20

At 5/30/22 02:55 AM, NeonSpider wrote: https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/579280

9/11 Tower Jumper

Well this one is cheap as hell. Apparently all you need to do to "win" the game (and get that SPLAT medal) is press and hold Y on your keyboard for the entire duration, don't even try to bother dodging, and this keeps you invincible as long as you're holding it the entire time, and no arrow keys.

Thanks for that.

I don't know why holding Y lets you bypass to the end of the game. Is it an oversight or was it intentional? Guess we'll never know.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2023-06-25 09:39:12

At 6/25/23 07:30 AM, FemaleFootBoy wrote:
At 5/30/22 02:55 AM, NeonSpider wrote: https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/579280

9/11 Tower Jumper

Thanks for that.

I don't know why holding Y lets you bypass to the end of the game. Is it an oversight or was it intentional? Guess we'll never know.

It's almost certainly intentional. Sometimes people put in cheap tricks into their games. I mean that wouldn't accidentally work, since it has to be Y and I can't conceive of any buggy reason why that would work. It's gotta be hard-coded.

Also since I believe people should be able to compete fairly, I think it's only fair to expose these kinds of tricks when I find them. Although I obviously also expose buggy ways (in cases where it probably was programmer oversight) of obtaining medals as well, since exploiting game bugs is allowed on Newgrounds, as long as it is 100% all done from within the game itself, and no outside tools used (Well you have to use a web browser to play the game of course).

And why I do this? Some people believe in competing by withholding as much information as possible in the hopes this gives them some sort of edge against the competition. I believe in competing using skill. But obviously if there is an easy way of obtaining some medals then people are gonna do it, and sometimes the only acceptable methods are cheap tricks or glitches. And if other people are obtaining medals that way, then you might as well.

So yes anything I think is a bit unfair, I will give hints to try to help other people out. And you're welcome.

And I always find it useful to read through the comments on games I'm having trouble with finding some medal(s) as well, by the way, as sometimes people leave hints in their reviews of games, although that can sometimes be quite some pages.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2023-06-25 09:51:47

At 6/25/23 09:39 AM, NeonSpider wrote:
At 6/25/23 07:30 AM, FemaleFootBoy wrote:

9/11 Tower Jumper

Thanks for that.

It's almost certainly intentional. Sometimes people put in cheap tricks into their games. I mean that wouldn't accidentally work, since it has to be Y and I can't conceive of any buggy reason why that would work. It's gotta be hard-coded.

Also since I believe people should be able to compete fairly, I think it's only fair to expose these kinds of tricks when I find them. Although I obviously also expose buggy ways (in cases where it probably was programmer oversight) of obtaining medals as well, since exploiting game bugs is allowed on Newgrounds, as long as it is 100% all done from within the game itself, and no outside tools used (Well you have to use a web browser to play the game of course).

And why I do this? Some people believe in competing by withholding as much information as possible in the hopes this gives them some sort of edge against the competition. I believe in competing using skill. But obviously if there is an easy way of obtaining some medals then people are gonna do it, and sometimes the only acceptable methods are cheap tricks or glitches. And if other people are obtaining medals that way, then you might as well.

So yes anything I think is a bit unfair, I will give hints to try to help other people out. And you're welcome.

And I always find it useful to read through the comments on games I'm having trouble with finding some medal(s) as well, by the way, as sometimes people leave hints in their reviews of games, although that can sometimes be quite some pages.

Okay. I understand now.

Do you think holding "Y" means "Why would you jump?"

But we know why they would jump. They had no other choice.

I don't get it. lol

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2023-06-25 09:54:25

At 6/25/23 09:51 AM, FemaleFootBoy wrote: Okay. I understand now.

Do you think holding "Y" means "Why would you jump?"

But we know why they would jump. They had no other choice.

I don't get it. lol

Nope. I think it was so the game author would have a cheap way to win that medal themselves. I just happened to discover it myself is all.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2023-06-28 18:35:23

In Recontra, do the kills have to be on story or endless mode?

I played multiple times on endless mode, getting 45 kills, but still no medal.iu_1007653_17008933.webp

iu_1007654_17008933.webp

It seems I keep having problems with medals not unlocking. Might be my computer.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2023-06-29 09:04:37

At 6/28/23 06:35 PM, FemaleFootBoy wrote: In Recontra, do the kills have to be on story or endless mode?

I played multiple times on endless mode, getting 45 kills, but still no medal.

It seems I keep having problems with medals not unlocking. Might be my computer.

I'm not sure of the answer to that, but you also need to know that most games lose connection to Newgrounds after a certain amount of time (about 30 minutes I believe?), so if you spend a while trying for medals you may want to refresh the page.

See my news post with medal hunting links and tools. I made a program NGMedals that finds your statistics and unearned medals.

There is also a browser script.

Maintainer of the Top Medal Point Users List and API Mod - feel free to PM with any issues.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2023-06-29 15:35:56

At 6/29/23 09:04 AM, Bobogoobo wrote:
At 6/28/23 06:35 PM, FemaleFootBoy wrote: In Recontra, do the kills have to be on story or endless mode?

I played multiple times on endless mode, getting 45 kills, but still no medal.

I'm not sure of the answer to that, but you also need to know that most games lose connection to Newgrounds after a certain amount of time (about 30 minutes I believe?), so if you spend a while trying for medals you may want to refresh the page.

I'm sure it's not a connection problem, as soon as I start up the game I usually get around 60 kills.

Same thing with Kissy Square: the medal for reaching 32 kisses didn't unlock.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2023-07-02 10:47:51

Hi, how do you get the medal in this game? Your'e supposedly you have to get the alternative ending, but i couldn't find it. Hope somone knows, i want to see what happens

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2023-07-03 07:15:34

At 7/2/23 10:47 AM, Darkstar-XX wrote: https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/607147

Hi, how do you get the medal in this game? Your'e supposedly you have to get the alternative ending, but i couldn't find it. Hope somone knows, i want to see what happens

That one's a real pain. You have to do it at a certain time, realtime. I'm looking at my medal now and it says three fifteen, so it probably has to be done at exactly 3:15 AM. And you'll need to plan before that, as it's later in the game, that you do the thing to earn the medal, so you really need to be playing earlier than that, and time it out so around the time you get the medal is 3:15 AM realtime.

I don't remember specifics aside from that.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2023-07-03 16:07:49

At 7/3/23 07:15 AM, NeonSpider wrote:
At 7/2/23 10:47 AM, Darkstar-XX wrote: https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/607147

That one's a real pain. You have to do it at a certain time, realtime. I'm looking at my medal now and it says three fifteen, so it probably has to be done at exactly 3:15 AM. And you'll need to plan before that, as it's later in the game, that you do the thing to earn the medal, so you really need to be playing earlier than that, and time it out so around the time you get the medal is 3:15 AM realtime.

I don't remember specifics aside from that.

Fock, real time?? what GMT? i have GMT-03:00 , or it has to be newgrounds GMT? . So, i have to be with the man in the cave at 03:15? Or finish it at that time?, i'll give it a try tonight and see what happens. If i'm able to unlock it, i'll tell how i did it.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2023-07-03 20:32:52

At 7/3/23 04:07 PM, Darkstar-XX wrote: Fock, real time?? what GMT? i have GMT-03:00 , or it has to be newgrounds GMT? . So, i have to be with the man in the cave at 03:15? Or finish it at that time?, i'll give it a try tonight and see what happens. If i'm able to unlock it, i'll tell how i did it.

Yes real time. It probably goes by whatever your local time (so, 3:15AM on your clock there).

I think maybe there's a person you talk to or something, near the end of the game, but they're not there except at exactly 3:15 AM so you have to time it pretty close because yes you gotta do the thing at 3:15 AM. It's been a few years since I did it.

Whether playing with your computer's clock would work or not, I dunno. I didn't do it that way. I just waited until it was actually 3:15 AM, but I started the game some time before that, approximating how long it would take me, so that I arrived at the place I wanted to be around 3:15 AM.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2023-07-03 20:42:15

Also it used to be that secret medals showed you the name of the medal, just not the description, and game authors would use the medal names as hints. But now secret medals just say secret medal and don't even give you the name until you earn it.

I've tried to get them to change it back to the way it was, since it had been that way a long time and from the start and lots of games had used the secret medal names as hints as to how to obtain them (with no other hints available), but they wouldn't do it and didn't appreciate my suggestion. So making requests for Newgrounds to change it back will probably just fall on deaf ears.

When they change things on Newgrounds, they don't always change them for the better.

So yes THAT is how you were supposed to get the hint about 3:15 AM since "Three Fifteen" is the secret medal's name.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2023-07-07 03:17:30

At 7/3/23 08:32 PM, NeonSpider wrote:
At 7/3/23 04:07 PM, Darkstar-XX wrote: Fock, real time?? what GMT? i have GMT-03:00 , or it has to be newgrounds GMT? . So, i have to be with the man in the cave at 03:15? Or finish it at that time?, i'll give it a try tonight and see what happens. If i'm able to unlock it, i'll tell how i did it.
Yes real time. It probably goes by whatever your local time (so, 3:15AM on your clock there).

I think maybe there's a person you talk to or something, near the end of the game, but they're not there except at exactly 3:15 AM so you have to time it pretty close because yes you gotta do the thing at 3:15 AM. It's been a few years since I did it.

Whether playing with your computer's clock would work or not, I dunno. I didn't do it that way. I just waited until it was actually 3:15 AM, but I started the game some time before that, approximating how long it would take me, so that I arrived at the place I wanted to be around 3:15 AM.

Thanks Neon :) I go it that same night, i thought i gotta be at the cave with the guy with severed legs, but don't. I went to near the cliff, were the sign reads "Nothing" and waited till 3:15 AM, and then i go all to the right, and to the left and it says i discovered something, then i got the other ending :Piu_1016437_1597158.webp

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2023-07-07 03:21:51

At 7/3/23 08:42 PM, NeonSpider wrote: Also it used to be that secret medals showed you the name of the medal, just not the description, and game authors would use the medal names as hints. But now secret medals just say secret medal and don't even give you the name until you earn it.

I've tried to get them to change it back to the way it was, since it had been that way a long time and from the start and lots of games had used the secret medal names as hints as to how to obtain them (with no other hints available), but they wouldn't do it and didn't appreciate my suggestion. So making requests for Newgrounds to change it back will probably just fall on deaf ears.

When they change things on Newgrounds, they don't always change them for the better.

So yes THAT is how you were supposed to get the hint about 3:15 AM since "Three Fifteen" is the secret medal's name.

Well if you see the secret medal in other profiles that actually unlocked it. It appears with the name and description, as far as i know, i think the mdals are ok this way, otherwise it will defeat is pourpuse