00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Deluzzz just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

2,661,455 Views | 29,811 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-05 20:56:39

At 4/5/12 08:31 PM, SFS1313 wrote: Thanks for doing the legwork on it, VJF. I PM'd Tom about this game, as well as the other game that was submitted as I think they're stolen, as I found the same games from other sites (the "author" even used the logos of the other sites in the games) that were at least a few years old. A few of the reviews even stated they were stolen, so I kinda figured it be best to do that. I wouldn't be surprised if the uploader actually turned out to be Epicman.

I did find the original game that was submitted to this site under the REAL author's profile, however, I can't prove that it is the same game because it no longer loads (at least not on I.E.).

The Real Castle Defender submitted by UltimateArcade:

Like I said, it doesn't load so I can't prove that the person who submitted the game today stole it, but since you are in touch with Tom already, maybe you can send this along in another PM as semi proof if he needs it.

"You're a bit of a ghoul - aren't you?"---ZeroAsALimit.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-05 21:50:05

At 4/5/12 08:56 PM, VJF wrote: I did find the original game that was submitted to this site under the REAL author's profile, however, I can't prove that it is the same game because it no longer loads (at least not on I.E.).

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/443702
Like I said, it doesn't load so I can't prove that the person who submitted the game today stole it, but since you are in touch with Tom already, maybe you can send this along in another PM as semi proof if he needs it.

I too couldn't get that one to load, so I PM'd him the version from the Ultimate Arcade website, which I believe is the same one, seeing how that was what was listed in the beginning of the flash. I haven't heard back yet from Tom (I'm sure he's busy with site related stuff), but if the game disappears from the Games With Medals section, then I'd say pointing it out to him was successful. He's always really good with blamming stolen games, so if I didn't completely miss the mark on it, he'll take care of it.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-05 23:27:33

At 4/5/12 08:56 PM, VJF wrote:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/443702

But you can find it on other sites that it does work on. Considering it was released 7 years ago, by a different group, i would say it's enough to say it was stolen.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-06 06:49:54

At 4/5/12 06:58 AM, Knuckstrike wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/593219
New medal game

Guide for Excruciating quiz

Excuse me, I'm looking for a car that's been tricked out to look like an ice cream truck.

I could use a strapping young man to do some chores around the house!

AHHH! JACKPOT!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-06 09:00:02

The Review Request club, the Blammers List (update every 15th), and the Protectors List (Update every 1st). My sig has it all.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-06 09:33:16

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-06 14:06:11

At 4/6/12 09:33 AM, Tycrane wrote: New game.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/593277

Anybody have any tips to beat the song "I was born an animal"? It says you need 17 thousand something points to complete it, but the most I can get it 13,943... and I don't think I missed any notes.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-06 14:15:22

At 4/6/12 02:06 PM, SFS1313 wrote: Anybody have any tips to beat the song "I was born an animal"? It says you need 17 thousand something points to complete it, but the most I can get it 13,943... and I don't think I missed any notes.

If you're just holding down the arrow keys, you'll earn minimal points. If you hit them exactly spot-on, you'll receive tons of points. Mindless button mashing is not the way to go.

Medal Games in a Nutshell: a general overview of how to earn NG medals!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-06 14:22:51

At 4/6/12 02:15 PM, Fooliolo wrote: If you're just holding down the arrow keys, you'll earn minimal points. If you hit them exactly spot-on, you'll receive tons of points. Mindless button mashing is not the way to go.

Thank you kindly, sir. I got the medal. :)

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-06 19:37:23

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-06 19:38:31

New Medal Game:

I don't know if the medals work tho. I got to the 10th element with no medal, but I'm going to try again.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-06 19:49:44

Is fast and furious medal broken? I have every medal except for that one. Is there a trick to achieve it?

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-06 20:20:49

At 4/6/12 07:49 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/592834
Is fast and furious medal broken? I have every medal except for that one. Is there a trick to achieve it?

It does work, but that game got wonky on me when giving me the Alien Invasion medal, so that may be just a game thing which could be why it got wonky on you for the Fast and Furious medal.

If you delete the .sol file you could retry to get the Fast and Furious medal since you got every other medal anyway.**

**Wouldn't recommend doing that for people who haven't gotten every medal and are trying to get a certain one.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-06 20:42:32

At 4/6/12 08:20 PM, VJF wrote:
It does work, but that game got wonky on me when giving me the Alien Invasion medal, so that may be just a game thing which could be why it got wonky on you for the Fast and Furious medal.

Thank you for letting me know that the medal does actually work.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-06 22:58:00

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-06 23:45:48

At 4/6/12 10:00 PM, SmashLuigiFan1 wrote: Does skipping a mission in Burrito Bisons Revenge still allow you to get the "Yes, Sir!" medal?

Yes it does.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-07 02:05:18

A new story mode medal has appeared!

If you couldn't be bothered to beat story mode, you mind as well forget about it.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-07 02:08:44

This is probably a dumb question but how do you use a weapon once equipping it in that game? I remember hitting everything with no effect

Excuse me, I'm looking for a car that's been tricked out to look like an ice cream truck.

AHHH! JACKPOT!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-07 03:32:24

At 4/7/12 02:08 AM, MatthewF wrote: This is probably a dumb question but how do you use a weapon once equipping it in that game? I remember hitting everything with no effect

If you are talking about firing the weapon, you click the mouse. If you are talking about switching to melee, you hit Q, then click the mouse. If you are talking about throwing a weapon, you push E.

I hope that helps, because I don't know which game you mean, lol.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-07 04:42:43

New Medal Game:

Very hard game; be prepared.

Also, in my above post to MatthewF, I was describing the controls to Madness:Project Nexus, which was the game I believe he was wanting help on.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-07 05:18:48

Also, in my above post to MatthewF, I was describing the controls to Madness:Project Nexus, which was the game I believe he was wanting help on.

That was the game I as talking about.
Lurking in the shadows appears to be easy although the scoring medals as well as the upgrade all weapons in one game didn't work for me.

AHHH! JACKPOT!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-07 05:22:15

At 4/7/12 04:42 AM, VJF wrote: New Medal Game:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/593334
Very hard game; be prepared.

No it's not. You just have to remember that you run much faster forward than you do backwards.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-07 05:22:50

Here is what my screen looked like before I got bored and quit....
Appears as if no one who is on the leaderboard has the medals I was talking about. I'm sure if you wanted to spend an eon playing this game you could get up to 1 million if you really wanted

AHHH! JACKPOT!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-07 05:33:29

At 4/7/12 05:18 AM, MatthewF wrote:
That was the game I as talking about.
Lurking in the shadows appears to be easy although the scoring medals as well as the upgrade all weapons in one game didn't work for me.

Same here. Easy game though, and really fun to overdrive your power ups.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-07 05:39:42

I guess I should reiterate what I said about the Lurking Shadows game. It's hard IF you don't have a mouse. When you just have a touch pad, you can't get the cursor to shoot as well as you can with a mouse, it gets stuck, and you have to stop moving in order to aim where you need to.

At least for me anyway It is a fun game tho, even if some of the medals don't work.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-07 11:29:23

At 4/6/12 10:58 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/593240
I like this game, but I could some help. Is there a walk through?

For the asassin it's really easy. If you at first agree with everybody that says someone else is the assassin, the others will slowly think everyone but you is the assassin. Then gain trust from people that don't trust you that much, and you will get 80% to 100% trust from everyone.
You don't need to assassinate anyone, at least I didn't when I was on my "5 people killed" medal run.

For the boss take note who helps each other. The assassin will (almost) never say someone else isn't the assassin. At least I've never had that. Just draw eight circles on a piece of paper in a shape of all the people that sit on the table, and tally next to each circle that represents one person sitting on the table if someone helps another person. An example of this is drawn at the bottom of this post/guide.

For the 50-point medal:

A meeting makes everyone accuse/help someone three times. I call one of those three times a round.
During the first round of the meeting, use the method described above (in italic) to determine who certainly isn't the assassin. You'll want a maximum of three people left at the end of the first round who haven't helped anyone yet.
During the second round, accuse one of those three and help anyone who does. If you have enough influence points left you can also try to defend people who aren't the assassin, so they don't take away votes at the end of a meeting.
In the third round there should be one guy left who hasn't helped anyone. That's probably the assassin. Accuse him, help anyone who does that too. If you can, defend people who aren't the assassin and don't have much trust %.
Now vote for the assassin and hope you made others trust him little enough to vote for him too.

The Review Request club, the Blammers List (update every 15th), and the Protectors List (Update every 1st). My sig has it all.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-07 13:22:02

I noticed that the medals forComa (which didn't work) are now gone again. I wonder why...

Find me on Facebook!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-07 14:30:06

At 4/7/12 05:22 AM, MatthewF wrote: Here is what my screen looked like before I got bored and quit....
Appears as if no one who is on the leaderboard has the medals I was talking about. I'm sure if you wanted to spend an eon playing this game you could get up to 1 million if you really wanted

yup, if you're all powered up you can just camp in a corner and mo 'em down as they come. You can also continuously buy unlimited health from earned power ups.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-07 18:36:48

Does anyone have any tips for level 3 in Beloved? Thats the only stage where I am one move above the world par.

AHHH! JACKPOT!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-07 19:44:35

new game.

Just press tab, or quickly move your pointer to the end of the maze, to easily when the game.