00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Tang-tations just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

2,661,566 Views | 29,811 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-02 23:52:57

At 4/2/12 11:50 PM, SmashLuigiFan1 wrote: For Hunger Games: The Game, I know how to get the last medal but can't do it for some reason. Any tips or reason why?

Are you talking about "To the Dogs"? Did you get the animation of the dogs when you met the requirements and nothing shows up, or did it just not pop up in your profile but it did in the game?

"You're a bit of a ghoul - aren't you?"---ZeroAsALimit.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-03 03:32:09

In Sheep Up does the play for 1 hour medal work? I've attempted it so to speak twice on two different pcs and no luck. There was also the first time I got all the other achievements which took over an hour easily.

Excuse me, I'm looking for a car that's been tricked out to look like an ice cream truck.

I could use a strapping young man to do some chores around the house!

AHHH! JACKPOT!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-03 03:37:00

At 4/3/12 12:27 AM, SmashLuigiFan1 wrote:
At 4/2/12 11:52 PM, VJF wrote: Are you talking about "To the Dogs"? Did you get the animation of the dogs when you met the requirements and nothing shows up, or did it just not pop up in your profile but it did in the game?
Yes,that medal. But not it popping up. I can't get the dogs to show up period, not the medal.

That's really weird. It did it automatically for me, I just had to hit replay like 5 or 6 times. Maybe you should PM one of the authors to ask if you're doing something wrong.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-03 07:38:02

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-03 09:46:19

At 4/3/12 03:32 AM, MatthewF wrote: In Sheep Up does the play for 1 hour medal work? I've attempted it so to speak twice on two different pcs and no luck. There was also the first time I got all the other achievements which took over an hour easily.

yes, for me work...

thx for sing to illicit

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-03 10:28:46

At 4/3/12 03:32 AM, MatthewF wrote: In Sheep Up does the play for 1 hour medal work? I've attempted it so to speak twice on two different pcs and no luck. There was also the first time I got all the other achievements which took over an hour easily.

It didn't work for me either.

And for this game, I made a walkthrough:

I'm sorry it takes so long. The video literally takes six hours to upload...

The Review Request club, the Blammers List (update every 15th), and the Protectors List (Update every 1st). My sig has it all.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-03 12:42:51

At 4/3/12 10:28 AM, Knuckstrike wrote: And for this game, I made a walkthrough:

A couple comments:

1.) I don't know what video editing software you use, but during the sequence where the spike ceiling was slowly going down, I noticed an abrupt transition. I would suggest that you either show the part where you died and restarted, or you could just show the successful run from the beginning of that room (desirable).

2.) After hitting the red block, then the yellow block, then the green block, I said "screw this" and just navigated my way to the pipe room without dying. lol xD

3.) *Left wall, not the right wall.

Medal Games in a Nutshell: a general overview of how to earn NG medals!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-03 14:35:38

At 4/3/12 12:42 PM, Fooliolo wrote:
At 4/3/12 10:28 AM, Knuckstrike wrote: And for this game, I made a walkthrough:
A couple comments:

Thanks for this.

1.) I don't know what video editing software you use, but during the sequence where the spike ceiling was slowly going down, I noticed an abrupt transition. I would suggest that you either show the part where you died and restarted, or you could just show the successful run from the beginning of that room (desirable).

I actually haven't cut out anything yet. Can you tell me the part where you think the odd transition was?

2.) After hitting the red block, then the yellow block, then the green block, I said "screw this" and just navigated my way to the pipe room without dying. lol xD

I didn't even know it was possible. Nice. I think my way is easier though.

3.) *Left wall, not the right wall.

Oops, fixed.

The Review Request club, the Blammers List (update every 15th), and the Protectors List (Update every 1st). My sig has it all.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-03 15:24:42

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-03 15:46:14

At 4/3/12 03:24 PM, SFS1313 wrote: New game...
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/593099

I don't think the last medal is possible to get. The world records are done in 0 moves...

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-03 18:24:05

At 4/3/12 03:46 PM, Knuckstrike wrote:
I don't think the last medal is possible to get. The world records are done in 0 moves...

Nope, world's best is your previous high-score. Just perform a bit better in your 2nd playthrough and you'll get the medal.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-03 18:56:07

At 4/3/12 06:24 PM, Nijsse wrote:
Nope, world's best is your previous high-score. Just perform a bit better in your 2nd playthrough and you'll get the medal.

I don't know if it's just me or if there was an error (in my favor), but I played the game, got the first two medals, and when I replaed it to try to get the last one, I could only get like 3 or 4 levels in moves under my last playthrough, BUT I still got the 3rd medals (World's Best) without doing them all over again. Maybe that was an error, but I'm not complaining, and it may work for others.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-03 19:58:33

At 4/3/12 06:56 PM, VJF wrote: I don't know if it's just me or if there was an error (in my favor), but I played the game, got the first two medals, and when I replaed it to try to get the last one, I could only get like 3 or 4 levels in moves under my last playthrough, BUT I still got the 3rd medals (World's Best) without doing them all over again. Maybe that was an error, but I'm not complaining, and it may work for others.

Strangely enough, the same thing happened to me. Like you, I'm not complaining either! I'll just chalk it up to good luck. :)

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-03 20:03:34

At 4/3/12 07:45 PM, SmashLuigiFan1 wrote: The medal isn't working for me. I played through it 5 times (2 the first time, 3 after refreshing) and still no medal.

Dude, no offense, but you seem to be having horrible luck with medals lately. I really think you need your own laptop/ personal computer other than your sisters. I know you said once that your brother has one but he won't let you use it, so maybe convince your mom to buy you one or something.

At 4/3/12 07:58 PM, SFS1313 wrote: Strangely enough, the same thing happened to me. Like you, I'm not complaining either! I'll just chalk it up to good luck. :)

That's a great error huh. Only a 25 point medal, but still free is free.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-03 23:55:06

At 4/3/12 09:29 PM, SmashLuigiFan1 wrote:
Can't really afford one at the moment, plus I'm still waiting for my new charger (for my old computer). Hopefully I won't keep having these medal issues, but I think I should take a small break from gaining medals until then.

Understandable. Just don't take a break from NG altogether. It is a great site. Good luck with your computer issues (I know all about chargers; went a year without internet because I couldn't afford one or a new computer.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-04 07:51:15

At 4/2/12 01:44 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 4/1/12 09:09 PM, Legodude2000 wrote: Can anyone send me a PM on how to get the medals for "Hunger Games: The Game? Thanks
Can I have this PM as well?

Me too

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-04 12:11:37

The world record now works properly. Sorry for making level 3 harder! (It used to be 17 moves, now it's 15)

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-04 14:43:12

At 4/4/12 12:11 PM, Fooliolo wrote:
At 4/3/12 03:24 PM, SFS1313 wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/593099
The world record now works properly. Sorry for making level 3 harder! (It used to be 17 moves, now it's 15)

I am really not a fan of medals that pit users against each others, to see who can use the least amount of moves.
How can I see a walkthrough so I can finally get the last medal?

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-04 22:59:36

New Medal Game:

It's only a 5 point medal, and I had to play twice to get it, but if you want it, go for it.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-05 00:10:14

At 4/4/12 10:59 PM, VJF wrote: New Medal Game:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/593147
It's only a 5 point medal, and I had to play twice to get it, but if you want it, go for it.

Really. Out of curiosity, why did you have to pay it twice? When I played it, nothing could kill you.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-05 00:30:36

At 4/5/12 12:20 AM, SmashLuigiFan1 wrote: Maybe the medal didn't save to his account and he had to redo it.

Also can someone explain to me how getting a 5 point medal made my medal points go up by 100? Is there an issue with the total amount of user medal points?

Yeah, it didn't work the first time, so that's why I had to play it twice.

Maybe the reason that your meals went up is because you finally got all the medals that you have been missing lately. THey finally got added to your profile or something.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-05 01:23:19

I don't think anyone has mentioned this (I didn't see it mentioned in earlier pages but

New Medal Game:

If you are able to get it, it's worth 25 points (Secret Medal).

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-05 04:48:20

At 4/5/12 01:23 AM, VJF wrote: I don't think anyone has mentioned this (I didn't see it mentioned in earlier pages but

A certain someone named Tycrane may have mentioned it in the previous page.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-05 05:30:54

I did the game three times as well (Beloved) the second time making sure to bomb the levels and redid them better. The world number did not record.

Excuse me, I'm looking for a car that's been tricked out to look like an ice cream truck.

I could use a strapping young man to do some chores around the house!

AHHH! JACKPOT!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-05 06:58:35

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-05 12:51:05

New Medal game...

I could've sworn I've played this before, so I think it may be stolen. Plus, the "author" doesn't even have the medals, so I'm not gonna waste my time with it until I find that they work.

Play at your own risk of wasting time for right now, I guess.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-05 14:55:58

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-05 15:40:04

Find me on Facebook!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-05 18:39:36

At 4/5/12 12:51 PM, SFS1313 wrote: New Medal game...
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/593195
I could've sworn I've played this before, so I think it may be stolen. Plus, the "author" doesn't even have the medals, so I'm not gonna waste my time with it until I find that they work.

Play at your own risk of wasting time for right now, I guess.

I tried to play it to see if you could actually get the medals, and it's impossible to do. The game gives you about 5 minutes to kill as many enemies as you can. I got to about 239 kills, however, the medals are set for 500 and 1000 enemies killed. There is no way to kill 500 enemies in 5 minutes because they don't even send out that many, and when you start over, so does your total. I'm pretty sure I didn't miss any, and I killed them all as fast as the game would allow. Most likely, fake medals with a stolen game.

Looks like we have another CazaZach/Epicman going around.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-05 20:31:31

At 4/5/12 06:39 PM, VJF wrote: I tried to play it to see if you could actually get the medals, and it's impossible to do. The game gives you about 5 minutes to kill as many enemies as you can. I got to about 239 kills, however, the medals are set for 500 and 1000 enemies killed. There is no way to kill 500 enemies in 5 minutes because they don't even send out that many, and when you start over, so does your total. I'm pretty sure I didn't miss any, and I killed them all as fast as the game would allow. Most likely, fake medals with a stolen game.

Looks like we have another CazaZach/Epicman going around.

Thanks for doing the legwork on it, VJF. I PM'd Tom about this game, as well as the other game that was submitted as I think they're stolen, as I found the same games from other sites (the "author" even used the logos of the other sites in the games) that were at least a few years old. A few of the reviews even stated they were stolen, so I kinda figured it be best to do that. I wouldn't be surprised if the uploader actually turned out to be Epicman.