00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

RYKEO just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

2,654,592 Views | 29,796 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-02-12 13:02:31

At 2/12/11 12:44 PM, queenofbabes wrote: Anyone can gimme a clue to the last 2 secret medals in 'cardiac snowdrift'?

10-pointer: have you checked out the Extras menu?
100-pointer: you must get a lot of points apparently.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-02-12 14:22:52

Is the platinum medal in Cap Stack broken for anyone else? I coulda sworn I got it 10+ times trying to get the Touch the Sky medal. Just to prove that I've gotten platinum, it's worth 5000 points.

Also, Evolution Rush in The Humans are Dead seems too easy for a 100 pointers. Even if you didn't use the cheese tactic on turn 1, I handily trounced the computer player with Scibots by just rushing evolution cards and turtling.

Medal Games in a Nutshell: a general overview of how to earn NG medals!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-02-12 17:21:31

At 2/12/11 02:22 PM, Fooliolo wrote: Is the platinum medal in Cap Stack broken for anyone else? I coulda sworn I got it 10+ times trying to get the Touch the Sky medal. Just to prove that I've gotten platinum, it's worth 5000 points.

The platinum medal worked just fine for me.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-02-12 17:48:02

At 2/12/11 12:44 PM, queenofbabes wrote: Anyone can gimme a clue to the last 2 secret medals in 'cardiac snowdrift'?

Last one seems to be about getting a high score. Don't know if anyone has noticed this but different heart sizes can differ in point value. On normal mode, hearts the same size as yours give out 3 points, while collecting smaller ones give out 2 or less points. On hard mode you can collect both same sized hearts and one size lower for 3 points.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-02-12 19:47:41

Another Mikey game...

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-02-12 23:08:37

In a medal unrelated thing... page 666 :D

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-02-13 01:13:27

At 2/9/11 01:49 PM, Phenom9 wrote: 0 point
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/56 1843
They will all get approved at once one day.

Cardiac Snowdrift: Anyone know who I have to impress to get cards 7 and 8? I'm almost 100% certain I've impressed everyone in the game, but I'm missing those two still. They're the last one in row 2 and the first one in row 3. If they come up and I don't impress them, I'd like to know about it. Or am I supposed to do something else?

Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Back my puzzle/adventure story mashup

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-02-13 01:18:27

At 2/12/11 05:21 PM, SFS1313 wrote:
At 2/12/11 02:22 PM, Fooliolo wrote: Is the platinum medal in Cap Stack broken for anyone else? I coulda sworn I got it 10+ times trying to get the Touch the Sky medal. Just to prove that I've gotten platinum, it's worth 5000 points.
The platinum medal worked just fine for me.

Updated the medal guide with the point values

Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Back my puzzle/adventure story mashup

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-02-13 02:26:56

At 2/13/11 01:13 AM, DiMono wrote: Cardiac Snowdrift: Anyone know who I have to impress to get cards 7 and 8? I'm almost 100% certain I've impressed everyone in the game, but I'm missing those two still. They're the last one in row 2 and the first one in row 3. If they come up and I don't impress them, I'd like to know about it. Or am I supposed to do something else?

The ones I'm missing are the Girl (I think) and the Marshmallow, in that order. As far as I know, the characters show up in a random order.

I'ma keep playing the game to see if I can't score the point wh0re medal...

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-02-13 02:48:32

Well that was unexpectedly fast =/ I've only seen the girl once before so... xD

Now if only lady luck would stop screwing with me and cornering me with hugeass hearts...

or surprise feeding an equal-sized heart so that it grows larger and I get glombed instead...

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-02-13 05:05:59

At 2/12/11 11:58 PM, DudeGoofyGuy wrote: I still haven't been PMed about the level 30 secret medal in Newgrounds Pass. The inability to simply post information on secret medals seems to be slightly inconvenient. :p

Sent

The Review Request club, the Blammers List (update every 15th), and the Protectors List (Update every 1st). My sig has it all.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-02-13 05:25:04

Been taking a hiatus on medals, but I just have to post this. This is the devil's medal page! :D

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-02-13 05:38:54

I already impressed the star at least twice in Cardiac but it does not show in the extras. Also, I checked the extras as LiquidOoze said, but I don't find any secret medal.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-02-13 06:42:50

At 2/13/11 05:38 AM, Phenom9 wrote: I already impressed the star at least twice in Cardiac but it does not show in the extras. Also, I checked the extras as LiquidOoze said, but I don't find any secret medal.

PM sent (perhaps I was too vague anyway).

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-02-13 07:04:12

At 2/13/11 06:42 AM, LiquidOoze wrote:
At 2/13/11 05:38 AM, Phenom9 wrote: I checked the extras as LiquidOoze said, but I don't find any secret medal.
PM sent (perhaps I was too vague anyway).

Thank you. I had already tried that. It does not work. Asides from that, I hate what this medal is for. As if registering websites wasn't enough (in other submissions), now I get this? I'm getting fed up with what medals are being awarded for. Skill, gaming, that is what medals should be about. I may just give up at 100.000 points too, since I don't like the direction things are taking.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-02-13 07:27:23

At 2/13/11 07:04 AM, Phenom9 wrote: Thank you. I had already tried that. It does not work.

Really? Ow, well it worked for me, unless you need to download a specific card (and I can't remember which one it was).

Also, I think there's something wrong with the medals for Ghost Hacker. Yesterday I got Access Denied (5 points) and it didn't add up to my total. Today I got Core Collector (10 points) and got only 5 points. Weird...

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-02-13 07:36:09

At 2/13/11 07:27 AM, LiquidOoze wrote: Really? Ow, well it worked for me, unless you need to download a specific card (and I can't remember which one it was).

I tried them all. Doesn't work.

At 2/13/11 07:27 AM, LiquidOoze wrote: Also, I think there's something wrong with the medals for Ghost Hacker. Yesterday I got Access Denied (5 points) and it didn't add up to my total. Today I got Core Collector (10 points) and got only 5 points. Weird...

Ghost Hacker is awesome. There was nothing wrong with the medals for me.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-02-13 08:11:43

i really start to hate the game "Arm of Revenge", I'm playing in easy difficult and to beat the boss at level 10 I had to work hard, now I got to the last level and I beat the final boss the first time then I thought I had completed the game , after defeating the last boss reappears much stronger than before, does anyone know how to beat him?

[PLAY "MOON" A SPACE HORROR GAME][FOLLOW ME][MY GAMES][MY ART]

[I'm flying into space...][Sig by triplenoob]

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-02-13 08:17:45

I've been playing World Revolution RPG for almost 2 hours now and I still don't know where to find the Galliver 7 (sp?). I've visited every city there is to explore except Highland (can't get there), Sarreno+ Lab (can't get there) and Alphaville (not showing up for me). If anyone could tell me the location of it I'll be very grateful.

Also can anyone tell me where the location of the Zero Void pistol is? I've visited the mountain range where Queenofbabes said he found it and I tried to roam the area in search for the pistol and I still can't find it. Do you have to visit a certain town to buy it or does it just show up to you randomly?

Exploring the map is so difficult since I encounter almost everytime mobs with rocket launchers that can destroy my team in one shot. A walkthrough for this game might be helpful for people like me who have little interest in RPG's like this one. I'm not saying the game is not fun in anyway I'm just saying that the battle sequences could be a little more interesting since you do the same thing every single time.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-02-13 08:21:02

At 2/13/11 08:11 AM, ugolegend94 wrote: does anyone know how to beat him?

Non-stop Blade Arm and Berserk worked for me. Also make sure to use 'Air Recovery' every time you get launched into the air to prevent too much health loss.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-02-13 08:31:38

Can someone PM me how to get the last 2 secret medals and the first medal in Cardiac Snowdrift?

Happy 666 Pages!

$$$ | Strawberry Dodge | Abusive Reviews! | Sig by TheDingo

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-02-13 08:37:08

At 2/13/11 08:21 AM, LiquidOoze wrote:
At 2/13/11 08:11 AM, ugolegend94 wrote: does anyone know how to beat him?
Non-stop Blade Arm and Berserk worked for me. Also make sure to use 'Air Recovery' every time you get launched into the air to prevent too much health loss.

thanks! now I try this method, can someone PM me how to get the last secret medal (100pts) in the game Cardiac Snowdrift?

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-02-13 08:38:41

At 2/13/11 08:37 AM, ugolegend94 wrote: thanks! now I try this method, can someone PM me how to get the last secret medal (100pts) in the game Cardiac Snowdrift?
At 2/13/11 08:31 AM, Hacsev wrote: Can someone PM me how to get the last 2 secret medals and the first medal in Cardiac Snowdrift?
Happy 666 Pages!

Both sent.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-02-13 08:40:15

For World Revolution RPG, do note that when exploring, tiles you have been directly on are brightly lit, while the surrounding ones are dim. Major towns show up as green circles on dim tiles, but more 'special' locations such as the sarreno lab show up only on brightly lit tiles. Yes, that means you have to explore every single tile in that region.

Tips for the game? Just get the best weapons, and don't waste your money elsewhere. Other than that, just note the bonus each character has. Look them up in the 'team' tab in the menu. For example, the main guy has bonuses for using pistols, therefore he should never use anything but pistols.

Save after every battle.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-02-13 09:04:52

Thanks for the tips Queenofbabes.

Just one more question: What was your character build when you finished the game? Currently I'm just adding points to my Vit, Acc, Def and Lck since they're the most important ones. The rest are just 5.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-02-13 09:15:17

I've written a Wiki article for Newgrounds Pass. Hopefully this will clear up the secret medals.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-02-13 09:17:44

At 2/12/11 11:08 PM, kittehg0d wrote: In a medal unrelated thing... page 666 :D

Even stranger, I was the first to post on it. And the SFS part of my screen name? It stands for "Satan's Favorite Son".

*cue spooky music*

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-02-13 09:43:38

At 2/13/11 09:04 AM, Tycrane wrote: Thanks for the tips Queenofbabes.

Just one more question: What was your character build when you finished the game? Currently I'm just adding points to my Vit, Acc, Def and Lck since they're the most important ones. The rest are just 5.

You're doing it wrong. Tch is tremendously important. Among the team members who stick with you for most of the game, only Cyborg guy has high Tch. One of the most powerful devices is named Bombada (or something like that), does something like X amt + 0.3*Tch to every enemy. Others do a larger amount to a single enemy. I usually give Cyborg guy the mass dmg one, and use my main character's device as a sniping tool. Cyborg guy can use it twice right off the bat, and wipe out all fodder (or almost do so) in two rounds. The sniping device does more damage than weapons can, and it'll be essential for sniping important guys, especially those who heal.

My guy had more Tch than any other stat.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-02-13 11:02:32

in Cardiac Snowdrift I completed the game in hard mode and I had a score of 430 but I did not get the medal is worth 100 points, I do not know if I finished the game and the score of 430 should be the maximum you can do in a game then you should get a medal, but it is not.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-02-13 11:09:57

At 2/13/11 11:02 AM, ugolegend94 wrote: in Cardiac Snowdrift I completed the game in hard mode and I had a score of 430 but I did not get the medal is worth 100 points, I do not know if I finished the game and the score of 430 should be the maximum you can do in a game then you should get a medal, but it is not.

I too completed it in hard mode, and didn't get the medal. You can continue afterwards, and build on the points you had before though. I eventually reached 730 points with the continuation, but still didn't get the medal. I dunno how many points you have to earn, but it's seemingly higher than 730.