00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

littlefoot970 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

2,648,684 Views | 29,796 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-09-11 13:23:42

I'm missing the medals "Coward" and "Smashing pumpkins" in "Apples in the tree". Can someone tell me how to get them?

Time is never ever standing still, except on Never Ending Hill

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-09-11 13:34:12

I know how to get coward now, but I'm still missing "Smashing pumpkins". How do I get it?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-09-11 13:36:06

Can someone PM me on how to get the secret medal on Alice is Dead 3?

Thanks. :D

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-09-11 13:42:46

At 9/11/10 01:36 PM, 1337Ratez2k9 wrote: Can someone PM me on how to get the secret medal on Alice is Dead 3?

I'm giving you a hint: You've got to be lucky, it could take hundreds of tries!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-09-11 13:43:51

At 9/11/10 01:36 PM, 1337Ratez2k9 wrote: Can someone PM me on how to get the secret medal on Alice is Dead 3?

PM sent

The Review Request club, the Blammers List (update every 15th), and the Protectors List (Update every 1st). My sig has it all.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-09-11 13:53:05

Nevermind, got every medals in "Apples in the tree". Wasn't that hard. =P

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-09-11 13:54:56

At 9/11/10 01:34 PM, vlandeismilsoum2 wrote: I know how to get coward now, but I'm still missing "Smashing pumpkins". How do I get it?

smash all the pumpkins in the garden till the scarecrow starts shaking, then destroy the large pumpkin in the basement with those bugs you have to stomp on.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-09-11 14:04:20

At 9/10/10 11:35 PM, Auditor45 wrote:
At 9/10/10 10:48 PM, ixfd64 wrote: Anyone know if it's possible to make Epos resend medals? I unlocked the "Royal Birler" achievement, but the corresponding NG medal did not unlock.
yes it does resend them just beat the beast again

I went back to the spot where I fought the boss, but the game doesn't let me reenter the battle. :\

Find me on Facebook!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-09-11 14:33:38

At 9/11/10 01:54 PM, EdyKel wrote:
At 9/11/10 01:34 PM, vlandeismilsoum2 wrote: I know how to get coward now, but I'm still missing "Smashing pumpkins". How do I get it?
smash all the pumpkins in the garden till the scarecrow starts shaking, then destroy the large pumpkin in the basement with those bugs you have to stomp on.

I did it twice, but it doesn't do it. You may run over the pumpkins right? Or do you have to jump on all of them? I also can't seem to find anything in this game. I beat it, but I didn't find anything that relates to medals. Not even the graveyard. I thought I searched in every corner of the game, but I clearly didn't. I really need a walkthrough for this game.
Also, I hate Narcolyxii 2. Too many glitches, too little medals.

The Review Request club, the Blammers List (update every 15th), and the Protectors List (Update every 1st). My sig has it all.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-09-11 14:45:28

At 9/11/10 02:43 AM, DiMono wrote:
Actually it's really pretty easy. I've done it twice now.

Agreed, I can do it almost every time now.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-09-11 14:52:23

At 9/11/10 02:33 PM, Knuckstrike wrote:
I did it twice, but it doesn't do it. You may run over the pumpkins right? Or do you have to jump on all of them? I also can't seem to find anything in this game. I beat it, but I didn't find anything that relates to medals. Not even the graveyard. I thought I searched in every corner of the game, but I clearly didn't. I really need a walkthrough for this game.

all pumpkins need to be smashed. Doesn't matter how you do it. And the large pumpkin takes a couple of jumps to be properly smashed. Fro the rest of the medals you have to go to the bed and sleep, and wait till you enter the dreamworld. There are four paths to choose from, and many medals to get from them.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-09-11 15:14:45

At 9/11/10 02:52 PM, EdyKel wrote: all pumpkins need to be smashed. Doesn't matter how you do it. And the large pumpkin takes a couple of jumps to be properly smashed. Fro the rest of the medals you have to go to the bed and sleep, and wait till you enter the dreamworld. There are four paths to choose from, and many medals to get from them.

I've smashed all of the pumpkins next to the scarecrow, and the large one next to the beetles. Are that all of them? I still haven't got the medal. For the dreamworld, I didn't know that. Thanks!

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-09-11 15:31:52

At 9/11/10 02:04 PM, ixfd64 wrote:
At 9/10/10 11:35 PM, Auditor45 wrote:
At 9/10/10 10:48 PM, ixfd64 wrote: Anyone know if it's possible to make Epos resend medals? I unlocked the "Royal Birler" achievement, but the corresponding NG medal did not unlock.
yes it does resend them just beat the beast again
I went back to the spot where I fought the boss, but the game doesn't let me reenter the battle. :\

You have to start a new game then and do it on challenge mode this time so u get all medals

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-09-11 15:53:12

Finally got the pumpkins medal. When I chrushed the large one for the 8th time, the pumpkin glitched and I got the medal. Wierd.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-09-11 17:34:17

In the cemetery dream world, there's the head of Jack Skellington to the right, from Nightmare Before Christmas.

"I am the PUMPKIN King!"

Gotta crush that too.

Also, I'm going to do up a quick little medal guide for Recordstore Tycoon. It's not very difficult to get the medals, just takes a bit of planning and knowing that you can upgrade the cash register.

Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Back my puzzle/adventure story mashup

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-09-11 20:08:59

any tips to pass donkey kong in i wanna be the flash game?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-09-11 20:59:46

Plus, destroy Jack Skellington face in the cemetery.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-09-11 21:02:32

Someone said that "Goodnight demon slayer" medal is impossible to achieve in "Apples in the tree". Well, it IS hard, but not impossible. I have it, as well as some other people.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-09-11 22:28:41

you can find a run-through for the game on youtube.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-09-11 22:31:05

Hay guys. I haven't been following medals on NG for a few months now D:

Anyway, I'll try to have Epic Battle Fantasy 3 out here tomorrow.

I'll probably just give out medals for getting x amount of in-game medals, and one for beating the game. Any major objections?!

I've noticed the medal system has been automated, so that'll save me some time instead of having to ask Tom like a year ago. Is there a limit on how many medals a game can have?

Sorry I've not been around lately, and don't have time to lurk and catch up just now. Anything important that I've missed?!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-09-11 22:37:49

I may be wrong, but I think games are USUALLY limited to a total of 500 points. Of course, Tom (or another staff member) can grant exceptions. Several of Jazza's games have more than points, for instance.

Find me on Facebook!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-09-11 22:38:06

At 9/11/10 09:02 PM, vlandeismilsoum2 wrote: Someone said that "Goodnight demon slayer" medal is impossible to achieve in "Apples in the tree". Well, it IS hard, but not impossible. I have it, as well as some other people.

I said it. See, this is my rule: Complain about the medal on this thread and your guaranteed to get it within the next 5 times you try.
Seriously, every time I complain about a medal, I get it quickly after complaining.
I should complain about Lastman next.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-09-11 22:38:33

At 9/11/10 10:31 PM, matt-likes-swords wrote: Hay guys. I haven't been following medals on NG for a few months now D:

Hi Matt!

Yay, I can't wait!

I'll probably just give out medals for getting x amount of in-game medals, and one for beating the game. Any major objections?!

Sounds good to me.

I've noticed the medal system has been automated, so that'll save me some time instead of having to ask Tom like a year ago. Is there a limit on how many medals a game can have?

Don't think so, one game has 48 medals.

Sorry I've not been around lately, and don't have time to lurk and catch up just now. Anything important that I've missed?!

Uhh, medal points were disappearing, finally got fixed, games started not giving points, then that was fixed. That's off the top of my head, might be more.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-09-11 22:39:16

At 9/11/10 08:08 PM, Auditor45 wrote: any tips to pass donkey kong in i wanna be the flash game?

You can skip Donkey Kong. If you look back in this thread, I gave tips on how to skip a bunch of scenes by "jumping out of bounds" in an earlier level.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-09-11 22:41:29

At 9/11/10 10:31 PM, matt-likes-swords wrote: Hay guys. I haven't been following medals on NG for a few months now D:

Matt, Welcome back. If your new edition kicks as much tail as the previous ones, I'll give it a 5 every day like I do for your other two!
I don't know if I'm more eager to play the game or hear the music. Both are thoroughly appreciated.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-09-11 22:44:05

Awesome, man! Can't wait to play it.

Not sure about there being a limit for medals in a game... there was recently a game that had 48 medals in it. So, you should be good if you want to put up to that amount in.:)

Points for medals still have to be approved, though. That hasn't changed, unfortunately.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-09-11 22:50:31

It's possible that medals are automatically approved for certain users.

Find me on Facebook!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-09-11 22:52:48

I'm gonna try and make all 60 in-game achievements into medals then.

If the limit is smaller than that, I'll miss out a few. Thanks.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-09-11 23:36:56

Find me on Facebook!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-09-11 23:45:26

wow that was easy. only need secret.....