00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Fkkkkkkkkk123 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

2,641,163 Views | 29,796 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-02-27 16:24:36

Anyone else think M-Bot is an impossible game?
I can't fucking beat it even on a slow computer.
Well I did but not any of the other medals.

Glamorous.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-02-27 16:31:24

At 2/27/10 04:24 PM, KingExodus wrote: Anyone else think M-Bot is an impossible game?
I can't fucking beat it even on a slow computer.
Well I did but not any of the other medals.

M-Bot isn't very hard at all...what are you having trouble with?

In any case, are under-par medals for EON working for anyone? Amateur worked for me, but not pro...

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-02-27 16:38:51

At 2/27/10 04:34 PM, Alex12345269 wrote: Either

A) He's using the mouse controls.
or
B) It's really laggy for him.

I've been using mouse controls.
Is there something wrong with them?

Glamorous.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-02-27 16:43:06

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-02-27 17:12:56

At 2/27/10 04:41 PM, Alex12345269 wrote:
At 2/27/10 04:38 PM, KingExodus wrote: I've been using mouse controls.
Is there something wrong with them?
They bugged me since I was clicking offscreen and on ads all the time and I found keyboard controls to be a lot smoother and more comfortable.

Yes, do use the keyboard. Mouse controls are bad. Clicking the ads is so annoying, and so inevitable. I almost smell a conspiracy....

Also keep your eye on the red line. That shows your true position. The coin/badge pickup range is huge, so don't let that confuse you.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-02-27 17:20:31

Thanks urrad and sizzlebuzz for posting the maps, it made those levels a lot quicker.

Unfortunately I think the Amateur, Pro, and Champion medals are all broken in Eon. I've been replaying every level until I'm under par in all three categories, and only then moving on to the next level. I just beat the game and should have underpar in every level unless I accidentally moved on once or twice when I didn't have under par (although I should still have the amateur and pro medals then). I often didn't get under par in all things at the same time, just my bests for each level are under par in all three categores; is that what it's supposed to be?

Does anybody have any of those medals or did anybody else not get them although they were supposed to?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-02-27 17:25:21

At 2/27/10 05:20 PM, greeneggs4spam wrote: Thanks urrad and sizzlebuzz for posting the maps, it made those levels a lot quicker.

Unfortunately I think the Amateur, Pro, and Champion medals are all broken in Eon. I've been replaying every level until I'm under par in all three categories, and only then moving on to the next level. I just beat the game and should have underpar in every level unless I accidentally moved on once or twice when I didn't have under par (although I should still have the amateur and pro medals then). I often didn't get under par in all things at the same time, just my bests for each level are under par in all three categores; is that what it's supposed to be?

Does anybody have any of those medals or did anybody else not get them although they were supposed to?

The thing is, I cleared my save data and restarted the game, and on finishing 5 levels only, all under par, I got amateur. So amateur *probably* works. But when I got around to finshing the game, I did not get the other 2. Unless they all had to be earned in one session without quitting??

Any word from the author about this, anyone?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-02-27 17:36:23

is there anyway to check if you're under par on a level without beating it again?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-02-27 18:07:28

At 2/27/10 05:36 PM, greeneggs4spam wrote: is there anyway to check if you're under par on a level without beating it again?

I don't think so....

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-02-27 20:53:32

is anyone else having problems with the starmageddon medals i can only get the blues and complete the game medal even though i achieved all of them

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-02-27 23:39:48

At 2/27/10 05:25 PM, queenofbabes wrote:
At 2/27/10 05:20 PM, greeneggs4spam wrote: Thanks urrad and sizzlebuzz for posting the maps, it made those levels a lot quicker.

The thing is, I cleared my save data and restarted the game, and on finishing 5 levels only, all under par, I got amateur. So amateur *probably* works. But when I got around to finshing the game, I did not get the other 2. Unless they all had to be earned in one session without quitting??

Any word from the author about this, anyone?

Yes, I actually do have word from the author. He said you don't have to earn them all in one sitting, but you do have to be under par in all three categories in the same playthrough of the level. So you can't be under par for wells and matter on one playthrough and under on time for another and get the medal.

Also, my solutions for 26 and 27 were a little different than some that have been posted. I have some screenshots on my home computer (at the GF's right now), I'll upload them tomorrow night after the Olympics are over or Monday. I like my solution for 25 though, because I got to make use of the spreading matter at close range on both matter sources. Made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

...I really should go to bed.

Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Back my puzzle/adventure story mashup

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-02-28 00:11:55

In other news, I seem to have misplaced 300 medal points. I was at 30,155 last time I logged on NGLogs, and now I'm at 29,855. Did a game lose its medals in the last couple days?

Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-02-28 05:02:05

At 2/28/10 12:11 AM, chris-marks wrote: In other news, I seem to have misplaced 300 medal points. I was at 30,155 last time I logged on NGLogs, and now I'm at 29,855. Did a game lose its medals in the last couple days?

I don't think I have lost any recently.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-02-28 07:56:18

I finally got Primary to work!
Also does anyone have any tips that can be used for the "SUPER HUEMAN" medal?

Glamorous.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-02-28 08:29:14

At 2/28/10 07:56 AM, KingExodus wrote: I finally got Primary to work!

Never mind I just completed the game!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

Glamorous.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-02-28 08:35:27

At 2/28/10 07:56 AM, KingExodus wrote: I finally got Primary to work!

Wait until you have the super jump, and then it's just practice. Here's the guide, and if you follow the flame jump path it's a whole lot easier because you can skip about half the level.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-02-28 14:34:38

At 2/28/10 12:11 AM, chris-marks wrote: In other news, I seem to have misplaced 300 medal points. I was at 30,155 last time I logged on NGLogs, and now I'm at 29,855. Did a game lose its medals in the last couple days?

It might have been when sideways lost it's medals you lost em too.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-02-28 14:43:26

At 2/28/10 02:34 PM, omegaxtomxhanks wrote:
It might have been when sideways lost it's medals you lost em too.

Sideways medals count for a total of 295. He said he lost 300 points, so something more lost it's medals (something he only had 5 points of) or he he saw wrong.

I tried really hard to come up with something funny. I failed.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-02-28 15:03:13

Isn't people losing medals for games that have theirs removed a bit shit? I mean, I worked my fucking arse off for FUI2 medals, despite how shit the game was and as soon as I thought my work had paid off and the medals had registered they were removed. I mean, even if new unlocks could be frozen taking medals away from those that had to deal with all the shit that lead to their removal is ridiculous.

Formerly known as mwmike | I'm moderately active on last.fm | Before you post, read these. Please.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-02-28 15:25:12

At 2/28/10 03:03 PM, mwmike wrote: Isn't people losing medals for games that have theirs removed a bit shit? I mean, I worked my fucking arse off for FUI2 medals, despite how shit the game was and as soon as I thought my work had paid off and the medals had registered they were removed. I mean, even if new unlocks could be frozen taking medals away from those that had to deal with all the shit that lead to their removal is ridiculous.

In cases like FUI2 it's fair, because the game didn't deserve to have medals in the first place, because as you said, it was shit. If the medals are removed and you keep the points, then that's unfair to other people who may not had the chance to play the game, because they will never be able to pass you (assuming you get all the other medals). If you think that the game is shit, why did you play it? Stop being a statwhore :P

Actually, I'm a statwhore too because I played that game too... ffffffffffuuuu

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-02-28 15:58:03

At 2/28/10 03:25 PM, Ismael92 wrote:
At 2/28/10 03:03 PM, mwmike wrote: Isn't people losing medals for games that have theirs removed a bit shit? I mean, I worked my fucking arse off for FUI2 medals, despite how shit the game was and as soon as I thought my work had paid off and the medals had registered they were removed. I mean, even if new unlocks could be frozen taking medals away from those that had to deal with all the shit that lead to their removal is ridiculous.
In cases like FUI2 it's fair, because the game didn't deserve to have medals in the first place, because as you said, it was shit. If the medals are removed and you keep the points, then that's unfair to other people who may not had the chance to play the game, because they will never be able to pass you (assuming you get all the other medals). If you think that the game is shit, why did you play it? Stop being a statwhore :P

Actually, I'm a statwhore too because I played that game too... ffffffffffuuuu

What surprises me that most is that some people got them a second time, even if right now they aren't worth anything (they appear on your page, but add 0 to the point count)...that one could be pretty easily fixed (delete the medals) and yet, as always, nobody does anything about it.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-02-28 17:00:17

FUI2 was extremely hard for me. I couldn't even get 1 medal. I did work my ass off for Hover Bot Arena 2 medals though. So much grinding.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-02-28 17:37:02

At 2/28/10 05:00 PM, Sizzlebuzz wrote: I did work my ass off for Hover Bot Arena 2 medals though. So much grinding.

Same here.And when I discovered that the medals didn't "count", I was like "FUUUUUUUUUU".

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-02-28 17:54:25

when are medals comeing out of the beta

Here are some of my things My art

My website,My twitter,art collab

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-02-28 18:56:11

Does under par for Eon mean less than par? Or can it be tied? I know the first level has 0 so it has to be tied.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-02-28 19:00:29

At 2/28/10 06:56 PM, Wylo wrote: Does under par for Eon mean less than par? Or can it be tied? I know the first level has 0 so it has to be tied.

Also how the fuck are you supposed to get under 0 wells in a level?

Glamorous.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-02-28 19:30:36

At 2/28/10 07:00 PM, KingExodus wrote:
At 2/28/10 06:56 PM, Wylo wrote: Does under par for Eon mean less than par? Or can it be tied? I know the first level has 0 so it has to be tied.
Also how the fuck are you supposed to get under 0 wells in a level?

I have no idea, but I got the medal for the first level. But I've completed more than 5 levels under par for time and waste, but tied the number wells on a single play and no Amateur medal.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-02-28 21:07:22

I'm sorry Wylo I can't take you seriously with a golden ban hammer as your icon.
Anyways does anyone know how you can get under 0 wells or how to delete wells at the least moment so it doesn't count?

Glamorous.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-02-28 22:13:23

At 2/28/10 09:07 PM, KingExodus wrote: I'm sorry Wylo I can't take you seriously with a golden ban hammer as your icon.
Anyways does anyone know how you can get under 0 wells or how to delete wells at the least moment so it doesn't count?

Yes, that is what you do.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-02-28 22:25:36

double click to remove wells