00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

RYKEO just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

2,654,589 Views | 29,796 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-09-09 10:32:05

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-09-09 10:38:02

At 9/9/09 10:32 AM, Angrylord wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/51 1030 MEDALS

Lol, the game gives out random medals..yay!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-09-09 10:40:10

Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Back my puzzle/adventure story mashup

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-09-09 10:50:23

Found the secret medal :D

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-09-09 10:51:12

Yeah me too. Usually they are alot harder to find and i have to look at somebodys medals to figure it out.

Do not view my page, you will not be able to handle my avatar.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-09-09 10:52:20

At 9/9/09 10:40 AM, chris-marks wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/51 1030
It's out.

That looks like a fun game to me. I don´t think the medals will be that hard once you know the attack patterns.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-09-09 11:00:19

having a tad bit of trouble completing it in under 200 seconds... can thrash the hell out of luis and manage to rush to the end... i managed to glitch through some of the rocks... i think if you run into them and attack you go through them... so no need to blow them up with your mightly woodent wood of doom!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-09-09 11:11:28

2 medals left :)

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-09-09 11:14:29

I'm having serious trouble getting it to let me do the double jumps to go back and forth on the first zigzag after you start running. Does anyone have any style advice to make sure it doesn't hang me up underneath the platforms?

Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-09-09 11:18:45

Wow, this new game is hard... When I get to the second form I'm almost with my health in half...

Kinda reminds me why I sucked at the Beard game...

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-09-09 11:30:31

At 9/9/09 11:14 AM, chris-marks wrote: I'm having serious trouble getting it to let me do the double jumps to go back and forth on the first zigzag after you start running. Does anyone have any style advice to make sure it doesn't hang me up underneath the platforms?

Yeah i had that happen once. I just stood still, jumped, double jumped, and then moved left.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-09-09 11:31:02

Any tips for getting under 200 sec in CoW

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-09-09 11:53:27

At 9/9/09 11:31 AM, Angrylord wrote: Any tips for getting under 200 sec in CoW

200 seconds is going to be very hard to get considering he spends like 60 seconds spinning around in his second form. the fastest i have made anytimes was just uner three minutes to beat the third form, even then you still have to escape the cave.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-09-09 11:56:44

At 9/9/09 10:51 AM, waynerz99 wrote: Yeah me too. Usually they are alot harder to find and i have to look at somebodys medals to figure it out.

This time all you get to go by is the picture, which seems to indicate that somewhere there's a bug that needs to be squished. It's not that you have to swing at Luis again after he's down; I tried.

Also, I'm thinking it would be really nice to see a timer at the end that tells you how long it took to finish. I just got through a run where I took down form 1 in 3 rounds of attacks, form 2 in 2 rounds of attacks, blew through form 3, and ran the obstacle course so fast I was 420ft ahead of the collapse by the time I got to the second zigzag, and I didn't get it, and I have no idea how far off I was. Crappy.

Also, for those who like me were having trouble getting the double jumps to work in the first zigzag, you need to jump straight up from right close to the ledge, and not hit the arrow key until you're at the top of your jump. Then you'll pop right up on top and hit the ground running.

Anyway, I'm done for today. I'll check back later and see if anyone has any advice or videos to help with the last 3 medals I have yet to get.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-09-09 12:01:59

At 9/9/09 11:56 AM, chris-marks wrote:
At 9/9/09 10:51 AM, waynerz99 wrote: Yeah me too. Usually they are alot harder to find and i have to look at somebodys medals to figure it out.
This time all you get to go by is the picture, which seems to indicate that somewhere there's a bug that needs to be squished. It's not that you have to swing at Luis again after he's down; I tried.

Man, that was a sneaky little 10 pointer. Now I just need the 200 seconds medal and I'll be done.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-09-09 12:18:10

how many obstacles are left after the first time you have to jump the pit with the spitting slime, i have fallen into that three times now

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-09-09 12:37:22

At 9/9/09 12:34 PM, waynerz99 wrote: err...no giving away secret medals?

is that rule even enforced or is it just a polite thing to do or something?

I like to think of it as polite. Also, a little 10 points don't hurt anybody... *cough*

PSN username - UnreaK745 / PM me for similar sig.

Visit my page, cocksuckah.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-09-09 12:37:33

At 3/6/09 05:06 PM, Zerok wrote:
When it comes to SECRET MEDALS, I'll ask you to be vague at best. If a game authour makes a medal secret, they've done so for a reason. So do not discuss SECRET MEDALS to any specific extent. I'll be monitoring this thread (as will other mods, I assume) for such posts and will remove them. I'll also remove duplicate game link posts - please browse through posts made after a game's release date to make sure that someone else hasn't already linked it.

Srsly u guys? u guys, srsly!
How many tiimes are we going to have to go over this.
Always read the first post of a thread before posting in it!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-09-09 12:39:16

Fine jeez. Try to not look at my post, if you're so annoyed. I didn't mean it to be offensive, so I'm sorry if I caused any unpleasantries.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-09-09 12:49:08

To be honest, I don't really mind secret medals being posted here... People would just go somewhere else to find what they are anyway...

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-09-09 12:50:34

Haha. Doesn't bother me any cause I already had the secret medal, but i know from earlier pages people went crazy over it.

Also, just got the 200 secs medal. Really quite easy.

Takes a bit of luck on the 3rd boss. Hoping you get 3 blocks stacked without missing any is very important.

Also on the block things that look like stairs ( theres 3 of them going up, then another set of 3 going down) don't double jump. single jumps are faster.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-09-09 12:57:41

Any tips for the Luis's second and third form?
Is there any way to hit Luis in his second form while he is spinning?
Also, is there any way to hit Luis's missiles while in the third form?

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-09-09 12:58:35

At 9/9/09 12:39 PM, UnreaK745 wrote: Fine jeez. Try to not look at my post, if you're so annoyed. I didn't mean it to be offensive, so I'm sorry if I caused any unpleasantries.

I'm not mad about it, just re-posting what the mod said.
If people couldn't find this particular medal they probably don't deserve to have it. Seriously I had the medal within 10 seconds of clicking the link to the game the first time and I hadn't checked someones profile to see what the description or picture was.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-09-09 13:11:10

At 9/9/09 12:57 PM, UnreaK745 wrote: Any tips for the Luis's second and third form?
Is there any way to hit Luis in his second form while he is spinning?
Also, is there any way to hit Luis's missiles while in the third form?

2nd form i have no problem with. Don't jump and hit because it only does 1 damage as opposed to 3. Hit him as soon as he starts walking, he rolls around. continue hitting him, he rolls again, hit him a 3/4 more times and hes dead.

As far as i know, theres no way to hit him while hes spinning or hitting his missiles. Like i said, third form was a bit lucky for me, probably should have taken a few more tries then it did lol

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-09-09 13:12:22

Umm.. My medals didn't register properly. I think I'll try to play in pop-up mode. I'm pissed.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-09-09 13:14:37

Very easy game.

At 9/9/09 11:56 AM, chris-marks wrote: Also, I'm thinking it would be really nice to see a timer at the end that tells you how long it took to finish. I just got through a run where I took down form 1 in 3 rounds of attacks, form 2 in 2 rounds of attacks, blew through form 3, and ran the obstacle course so fast I was 42

There is a timer. Bottom right hand corner after you finish the cave.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-09-09 13:30:13

im getting rather pissed with the double jump and ledges when your running to the end... many times have i found myself falling to my death beacuse of it it...

and for the bosses... i can kill the 1st one in two rounds, 2nd one in two rounds and 3rd one in two bomb drops... simples...

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-09-09 13:37:11

At 9/9/09 01:30 PM, LegolaSS wrote: im getting rather pissed with the double jump and ledges when your running to the end... many times have i found myself falling to my death beacuse of it it...

happens to me a lot!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-09-09 13:46:34

also i found out... you need to start the game from scratch to get a good time... i completed it with the gold sword finishing luis off even quicker and doing the same lap time in the mad dash and got 500+ seconds :S... a bug mabey?

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-09-09 13:51:21

At 9/9/09 01:37 PM, EggSaladSandwich wrote:
At 9/9/09 01:30 PM, LegolaSS wrote: im getting rather pissed with the double jump and ledges when your running to the end... many times have i found myself falling to my death beacuse of it it...
happens to me a lot!

That makes three of us

BBS Signature