00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

AlsoTlant just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

2,662,522 Views | 29,811 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-19 04:34:27

At 6/19/09 01:04 AM, KrevZabijak wrote: I love when people end their posts with their username. It's so hard to figure out who is posting unless they sign at the end, you know? :)

iv never done that >.>... <.<... *cough*

i feel like im going to lose some spaces unless i have 8 hours of time where no one else is around... otherwise il get dragged of to do something else.... i hope the author of the 208 game doesnt fix it so you cant do the speed up glitch... otherwise is screwed :P

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-19 06:11:00

At 6/18/09 12:45 PM, Wylo wrote: I hope you realize that copyright is innate. Everything made has copyright automatically placed on it. Anyways, copying is still against the rules and if you didn't know that, I hope your teachers catch you. I didn't report you, I reported the reviewers.

Copyright is not innate if you don't register it..you know, that little "r" with the circle around it?
And yeah, if you want you can report the reviewers, l don;t think they're going to mind...

You added 6 lines to your guide. And two of those lines were for the secret medal which you didn't even keep in the same format as the rest of the guide. I wonder why?

Cos l felt like it...

And l DID mention that earlier but apparently you didn't read it.
Point me to the post because I still can't find it.

Way too bored to search it, but l am 100% sure l did it.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-19 06:50:01

Since the medal after the tank and plane is glitched i had to play for 300 hours instead and instead the Master Tactician medal doesn't work for me...

Glamorous.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-19 07:18:00

The HUMAN TEST PROJECT medal can be gotten in one day without the forward/back cheat.
If anybody took a stopwatch and measured the time it takes for one in game minute to go by, he would see it takes 20 seconds.
That means 70 minutes in real life = 210 minutes in the game, so it takes about 24 hours.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-19 08:46:28

At 6/19/09 06:50 AM, KingExodus wrote: Since the medal after the tank and plane is glitched i had to play for 300 hours instead and instead the Master Tactician medal doesn't work for me...

I earned Master Tactician in-game last time I played, but didn't get it due to the glitch. Didn't bug me any, I was doing it to complete the in-game achievements. Regardless, I sent him a message asking if he could add some code that will send in any medals you earned but didn't get when he does the fix, since I now won't know whether I should get it each game without clearing my game data, what with it only alerting you the first time you do it.

Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Back my puzzle/adventure story mashup

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-19 09:03:49

At 6/19/09 06:11 AM, HeavyTank wrote:
At 6/18/09 12:45 PM, Wylo wrote: I hope you realize that copyright is innate. Everything made has copyright automatically placed on it. Anyways, copying is still against the rules and if you didn't know that, I hope your teachers catch you. I didn't report you, I reported the reviewers.
Copyright is not innate if you don't register it..you know, that little "r" with the circle around it?

I'm sorry, but (r) doesn't stand for "copyright" but for "registered trademark". Which is a different thing.
Also quoted from Wikipedia: "Some jurisdictions have required formalities to establishing copyright, but most recognize copyright in any completed work, without formal registration."

So yeah, copyright IS innate if you reach the so called "threshold of originality", which means you can't have a copyright on a text like "Hey guys, what's up!". Because there's no originality in it whatsoever.

However, a walkthrough requires some work of your own and if you copy other people's work you might infringe a copyright.

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-19 10:19:03

haggards right heavytank..

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-19 11:25:39

At 6/19/09 04:34 AM, LegolaSS wrote: i feel like im going to lose some spaces unless i have 8 hours of time where no one else is around... otherwise il get dragged of to do something else.... i hope the author of the 208 game doesnt fix it so you cant do the speed up glitch... otherwise is screwed :P

I don't think he'll bother to fix it. The medals work as they are supposed to and I'm sure there's too much work to fix them. Plus he might enjoy getting the hate mail.

At 6/19/09 06:11 AM, HeavyTank wrote: Way too bored to search it, but l am 100% sure l did it.

And I'm 100% sure you didn't because I searched your posts.

At 6/19/09 09:03 AM, Haggard wrote: However, a walkthrough requires some work of your own and if you copy other people's work you might infringe a copyright.

Thank you Haggard.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-19 12:10:28

At 6/19/09 09:03 AM, Haggard wrote:
I'm sorry, but (r) doesn't stand for "copyright" but for "registered trademark". Which is a different thing.

Yah, l know, l posted it wrong...anyway you got the point, you NEED to register your stuff...

Also quoted from Wikipedia: "Some jurisdictions have required formalities to establishing copyright, but most recognize copyright in any completed work, without formal registration."

Most, but not all.
If you invent something, you have to pay to get a copyright or else they can freely take your ideas and say that they did it.

So yeah, copyright IS innate if you reach the so called "threshold of originality", which means you can't have a copyright on a text like "Hey guys, what's up!". Because there's no originality in it whatsoever.

However, a walkthrough requires some work of your own and if you copy other people's work you might infringe a copyright.

That's not a walkthrough since l took SMALL part of every review, and you know that you can actually copy small parts of other books and put them in your book without infringing any laws whatsoever.

And Wylo, you need to search WAAY back, l posted something like :"l made walkthrough" and then l made it, and then after some time l checked your page and you had one too, so l had no idea that you made one until l saw it on your page after l did mine..

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-19 12:14:13

Sonny 2:

I hate Sonny 2, but I was wondering when you get the tape from Felicity? Thanks.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-19 12:19:10

And Wylo, you need to search WAAY back, l posted something like :"l made walkthrough" and then l made it, and then after some time l checked your page and you had one too, so l had no idea that you made one until l saw it on your page after l did mine..

God you're as stubborn as in every discussion thread you go to. I'm not following this latest argument and I don't know whose right and wrong, but tank, you need to learn how to stay away from fights.

|_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_|

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-19 12:47:06

All medals on shift 4 are broken now, i have sent the author an PM about this, but he don't reply any of my message and he doesn't really care about that, he's remind me of dizmz

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-19 13:03:15

How hard is it to made medals when there is a medal making game on newgrounds here is the link. Medal Get!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-19 13:03:30

At 6/19/09 12:10 PM, HeavyTank wrote:
At 6/19/09 09:03 AM, Haggard wrote:
Yah, l know, l posted it wrong...anyway you got the point, you NEED to register your stuff...

No, you don't.

Most, but not all.
If you invent something, you have to pay to get a copyright or else they can freely take your ideas and say that they did it.

No, they can't.
Basically, you'll have a copyright on your idea when you make it public. "Making it public" can even be: "Say it out loud in a subway."
However, it might be a bit difficult to prove that you said it out loud in a subway and then someone heard it and stole your idea. ;)

You never have to pay to get a copyright. You have to pay to get something patentet, but that's something different (and you only pay a service fee, I think).

That's not a walkthrough since l took SMALL part of every review, and you know that you can actually copy small parts of other books and put them in your book without infringing any laws whatsoever.

You copied it and gave it out as your own work, that's infringing the copyright.
Yes you can copy small parts of other books and put it in your own, that's called !quoting". But if you quote someone you have to make it clear, give sources, etc. .

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-19 13:08:54

At 6/19/09 12:14 PM, Chris9086 wrote: Sonny 2:

I hate Sonny 2, but I was wondering when you get the tape from Felicity? Thanks.

Felicity is pretty much the final boss of the first zone. She will give you the tape after the battle with her.

At 6/19/09 01:03 PM, Haggard wrote: You never have to pay to get a copyright. You have to pay to get something patentet, but that's something different (and you only pay a service fee, I think).

Isn´t patented like saying: "I´m the only one who can make money out of this idea"? And I believe also, that you only pay a fee to get it registered.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-19 13:17:25

At 6/19/09 01:08 PM, Auz wrote:
At 6/19/09 01:03 PM, Haggard wrote: You never have to pay to get a copyright. You have to pay to get something patentet, but that's something different (and you only pay a service fee, I think).
Isn´t patented like saying: "I´m the only one who can make money out of this idea"? And I believe also, that you only pay a fee to get it registered.

You can get a patent on material things (unlike copyright which you can only get on imaterial things) and yeah it's like saying: "I'm the only one who can give you the right to use it." But nowadays it's also saying: "Hey China! Please copy my work!" which is why many inventions aren't patented anymore.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-19 13:18:45

Also, the easiest way to get that tape's medal, go play a new game, then click back button
it will give you the medal, why the hell i'm wasting my time to beat zone 1 all the way then?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-19 13:26:37

Just SHUT UP Heavytank. Wylo beat you.

FUCK, MAN, IDK!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-19 13:45:35

BarfQuestion... Hmmm he kinda reminds me of this guy -

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

Glamorous.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-19 13:52:21

I leave this thread for like a day and look what happens...

Why so serious bros.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-19 14:06:22

At 6/19/09 01:52 PM, matt-likes-swords wrote: Why so serious bros.

Copyright is serious business.

It actually is.

D-Day is quite hard, I only managed to get to 150 hours.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-19 14:30:31

If anyone needs medals for OCD + I have some ideas....

For these medals it is useful to have a timer, and some sort of weight that can hold a keyboard key down. (I used a small statue of a goat)

For the button show, tab + enter to go significantly faster, though you will still have to hold the button down for 10 minutes. Drop the wait, and set a timer for 8 minutes while you go do something else.... if you get the button count down to zero, but don't "claim your prize", then you won't get the medal.

Use this method with a weight and timer for "The letter K" as well.

For the pianist, write each sentence as it comes, and when you get overwhelmed, COPY what you already have written and start over. Then paste that, and you can have a fresh start and stay ahead of the game. Do this every time you begin to trip up.

HOpe this helped with those impossible medals

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-19 15:48:29

At 6/19/09 01:45 PM, KingExodus wrote: BarfQuestion... Hmmm he kinda reminds me of this guy -

God damn, that is harsh...I was sorta thinking all this time that Dizmiz didn't deserve what he got...

sigless...

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-19 16:57:47

At 6/19/09 02:30 PM, Deathspam wrote: If anyone needs medals for OCD + I have some ideas....

How did you get the Bat Crazy medal in AK2 without beating the game?

Cheater.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-19 17:15:51

At 6/19/09 12:10 PM, HeavyTank wrote: If you invent something, you have to pay to get a copyright or else they can freely take your ideas and say that they did it.

That's a patent, not copyright. You pay for patents and trademarks, copyright is innate.

Also, you can copy small amounts of text if you cite the source. I could take 1 paragraph each from a thousand books and publish it as my own original content, but if I don't cite all 1000 books I copied from it's still plagiarized, created by breaking copyright 1000 times, and all 1000 original authors could sue me for it.

Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Back my puzzle/adventure story mashup

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-19 17:15:59

Finally accomplished my goal of getting at least one medal, 10,000 clicks thanks to autoclicker

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-19 17:25:32

At 6/19/09 05:01 PM, Alex12345269 wrote: Uh, maybe because there's no medal for solely beating the game?

He obviously died at least once when playing, but beat the game.

Exactly
That's how I get mine

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-19 17:30:22

At 6/19/09 05:15 PM, chris-marks wrote:
At 6/19/09 12:10 PM, HeavyTank wrote: If you invent something, you have to pay to get a copyright or else they can freely take your ideas and say that they did it.
That's a patent, not copyright. You pay for patents and trademarks, copyright is innate.

Also, you can copy small amounts of text if you cite the source. I could take 1 paragraph each from a thousand books and publish it as my own original content, but if I don't cite all 1000 books I copied from it's still plagiarized, created by breaking copyright 1000 times, and all 1000 original authors could sue me for it.

but we do have to remember that wylo posted this on newgrounds and that heavytank copied it on newgrounds.

From the Newgrounds Terms of Use: http://www.newgrounds.com/legal

"You also hereby grant each user of the Newgrounds Website a non-exclusive license to access your User Submissions through the Website, and to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display and perform such User Submissions as permitted through the functionality of the Website and under these Terms of Service. The foregoing license granted by you terminates once you remove or delete a User Submission from the Newgrounds Website."

seems to me that HeavyTank was legally allowed to do what he did, especially since he did make some noticable edits. Not saying it was ethical, but people here seem to be arguing about the legality of it.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-19 17:31:36

At 6/19/09 04:57 PM, insomniacspecial wrote:
At 6/19/09 02:30 PM, Deathspam wrote: If anyone needs medals for OCD + I have some ideas....
How did you get the Bat Crazy medal in AK2 without beating the game?

When the game got medals implemented you could get the Bat Crazy medal by entering the Super Secret Level Code. That's how I got mine.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-06-19 17:55:05