00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryor just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

please help on my collaboration

16,364 Views | 255 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to please help on my collaboration 2009-03-07 22:50:20

Well some1 said the people will be pissed if I did both parts or something like that. Im pretty sure it was you. SS=Social studies :P. So yea, sorry if your confused or not, but I am cause I dont no a thing Im writing.

ummmm well the indifferent face is like me saying "do 2 parts if you want" cuz seriously if you don't think you have time for 2 then just do one. and keep in mind one good one is better than 2 not-so-good ones, oh and cali that doode who just asked if he could join i already PMd him and he hasn't got back to me yet so idk if he's in or not. back to you stuttering idiot, what was that drawing? was that like part of yer cartoon? like a storyboard? cuz if that's the case, couldn't quite identify the cartoon.

Response to please help on my collaboration 2009-03-08 00:01:00

Well, I might join this. As you can tell from my animations that I have made I am not very good. But ignore those. I am making a Samurai Jack one. I believe if I work hard enough I will be able to do it. I dont think there will be any talking in mine though.

Response to please help on my collaboration 2009-03-08 08:33:35

At 3/8/09 03:21 AM, Calicard wrote:
At 3/8/09 12:01 AM, alcaknight wrote: Well, I might join this. As you can tell from my animations that I have made I am not very good. But ignore those. I am making a Samurai Jack one. I believe if I work hard enough I will be able to do it. I dont think there will be any talking in mine though.
Make sure there's SOME sound.

But yeah! Try hard and you'll do fine! I hope...

Dont worry! Im trying my best on this one. I am so hyped for this collab that I literally had a nightmare about you guys cancelling it! I was like... No! Haha. Well, good luck everyone!

Response to please help on my collaboration 2009-03-08 11:21:26

Dont worry! Im trying my best on this one. I am so hyped for this collab that I literally had a nightmare about you guys cancelling it! I was like... No! Haha. Well, good luck everyone!

and that whole no talking thing, you gotta go to "findsounds.com" and it's a pretty self explanitory site once you get there, and find sound of like swords, footsteps, whatever you need for this samurai jack cartoon!! and if you need any voices or anything, ask somebody!! it's not too hard to find a voiceactor!!

Response to please help on my collaboration 2009-03-08 14:21:49

and that whole no talking thing, you gotta go to "findsounds.com" and it's a pretty self explanitory site once you get there, and find sound of like swords, footsteps, whatever you need for this samurai jack cartoon!! and if you need any voices or anything, ask somebody!! it's not too hard to find a voiceactor!!

Alright, thanks man!

Response to please help on my collaboration 2009-03-08 14:24:12

Sorry for the double post, but here is what I have so far for my part.

http://www.truploader.com/view/288874

Response to please help on my collaboration 2009-03-08 16:26:23

Triple post sorry.... That is why I have the crying face...

My last post didnt leave a very good animation... Here is a new/better updated one.

http://www.truploader.com/view/737828

Response to please help on my collaboration 2009-03-08 23:21:34

At 3/8/09 04:26 PM, alcaknight wrote: Triple post sorry.... That is why I have the crying face...

My last post didnt leave a very good animation... Here is a new/better updated one.

http://www.truploader.com/view/737828

well i have to say it's lookin pretty good, idk where it's gonna go but i can't wait to find out

Response to please help on my collaboration 2009-03-09 02:02:55

I'm tempted to join and do something really old school, like something out of Loony Toons or maybe even Droopy or Woody Woodpecker, but if co-author really is first-come, first-served then I'm probably shit out of luck to get in on time.

In either case, I'll keep an eye on this. Certainly looks promising!

BBS Signature

Response to please help on my collaboration 2009-03-09 17:13:28

I haven't been able to find any voices for my part, but I did start drawing the characters. Are chat bubbles okay?

Response to please help on my collaboration 2009-03-10 08:51:45

At 3/9/09 04:20 PM, Calicard wrote: We changed the rules. It's based on quality! Make something amazing and you have a chance!

Okay, I'll storyboard a Droopy short to see if it's viable. (Or is Droopy too old-school?)

BBS Signature

Response to please help on my collaboration 2009-03-10 16:35:42

i got cs4. and my dexter cartoon was done completely with cs4 and looks amazing! the whole format is just. . . it's so comfortable! like i'm gonna sound like an ad for flash but i just feel so much more creative with it! like before when i would think of something funny i would be limited by my animating capabilities but with this, idk it just feels like i'm on a higher plane of animation!!!

Response to please help on my collaboration 2009-03-10 16:45:03

yea! PM me when yer done!! i'll give you my e-mail then!

Response to please help on my collaboration 2009-03-10 21:57:23

Hey calicard cant find those 2 voice actors. can you give me a link again?

Admit it, this pic is so awesome that you fucked me.

BBS Signature

Response to please help on my collaboration 2009-03-10 21:59:53

At 3/10/09 09:57 PM, i-i-idiot wrote: Hey calicard cant find those 2 voice actors. can you give me a link again?

Nvm found it

BBS Signature

Response to please help on my collaboration 2009-03-11 18:19:25

HEY EVERYBODY. I can voice act for this thing. I am already acting for one part. ;)

Oh and by the way you should probably move this to a better title...

Response to please help on my collaboration 2009-03-12 16:28:20

At 3/12/09 10:13 AM, Calicard wrote: 13 more days until parts are due.

Dont rush. If you need a little time make sure to tell me or Wam-bo.

Do any of you have any progress to show?

Pictures? swf's?

This collab is going to be awesome.

I guess ill post an image of it so far, so here it is:

BBS Signature

Response to please help on my collaboration 2009-03-13 12:33:20

Pictures? swf's?

----------------------------------------
----------

Since Mine is almost done with the skelly work and about to start on the redrawing them here real soon with the voices I should have a picture here soon, Im trying to get this done as soon as I can but it is taking longer then I expected.

I'll try to hurry with it.

Response to please help on my collaboration 2009-03-13 16:17:43

At 3/13/09 12:33 PM, Zignoff wrote:

Pictures? swf's?

----------------------------------------
----------

Since Mine is almost done with the skelly work and about to start on the redrawing them here real soon with the voices I should have a picture here soon, Im trying to get this done as soon as I can but it is taking longer then I expected.

I'll try to hurry with it.

I'm taking longer than expected with my scene, too. I went ahead and uploaded a screenshot of the first frame, though, just to prove I made something:
http://tempupload.ngfiles.com/1651003_bu ttercup.jpg

I will put in another couple hours of work today, and I'll try to get this done tomorrow. The scene features both Buttercup and Bubbles. I got someone to voice both characters, but don't expect anything amazingly accurate.

Response to please help on my collaboration 2009-03-13 16:27:31

I think I can finish by the 25th, and I know export came out weird. Didnt know how to fix it, so yeah.

BBS Signature

Response to please help on my collaboration 2009-03-14 10:50:16

this collab's lookin really good now!! i'm gonna start work on the intro, and the menu, so i thought i'd ask, should i have a scene select menu? because i wasn't really planning on it but i could prooobably pull one off. and another thing i think i might do, i think i'm gonna have an author info page. and i'll have a button with each of our names on it, and when you click the name it'll go to and stop at a page with a little info about that animator, and it'll have a picture on the side, not a picture of you! i'll just take one of the pictures you drew in your part so everyone who wants to be on that page reply to this post with three things!
1. some info about your cartoon, it can be anything! a story about yer computer crashing while you were making it, how many frames, your usual frame rate, what was hard for you about making it, junk like that.
2. some info about you, basically like all that ^ except about you , story about school, story about friends whatever! it can be a joke too! it can be like "i are just learn how too right things"
3.this is just. . . any random thing about you, just one! like how many times you've seen starwars, an important question you have about life, your favorite actor/band, something along those lines.

so reply to this post using the numbers!! your post should have a clear, distinct "1, 2 and 3" with all the correct info filled in! this is important too! because eeeven if you don't get co-authored, it'll let the ng community know who you are!!

Response to please help on my collaboration 2009-03-14 11:21:12

Sounds cool. :D Im working on the animation right now, and once I have a bit done, Ill post it on spamtheweb.

BBS Signature

Response to please help on my collaboration 2009-03-14 17:52:20

My part's done. I'll post my scene in SWF format later tonight for anyone curious. In the meantime, Wambo, I sent you the address of my source file. It's pretty hefty, so I compressed it (zip, deflate, maximum) and uploaded it to my site.

Funny story, really. I would have been done two days ago, but I accidentally animated everything at 12fps. I spent the past two days fixing the timing. Also, I accidentally uploaded the uncompressed source file instead of the zipped version, sorry... still, I'm sure you've downloaded 42Mb files before.

Oh, and here's an answer for each of your number things:
1. "Funny story, really. I would have been done two days earlier, but I accidentally animated everything at 12fps. I spent the last two days fixing the timing."
2. I have a profile for a reason. Furthermore, I have a website for an even bigger reason. Granted, I don't know what those reasons are. (Visit my website and say hi!)
3. Powerpuff Girls was one of my favorite shows for a long time, and I still try to watch it from time to time, but the anime version is crap in my eyes, and we all know crap stings eyes. Seriously, never put crap in your eyes. It hurts.

Response to please help on my collaboration 2009-03-14 18:09:46

You'll have to replace the code I included (or remove it), because I rushed it and made a booboo. Anyway, here's replacement code, my only excuse is I'm eating cold pizza half asleep...

gotofjgamer.addEventListener(MouseEvent.
CLICK,clickedFJGamer);
function clickedFJGamer (event:MouseEvent):void {
navigateToURL(new URLRequest("http://www.fantasyjam.net"))
;
}

That code's obviously for the button. Hope it works for the collab. You can remove the code and the button if you want, but meh.

Response to please help on my collaboration 2009-03-14 18:55:48

SWF: http://www.fantasyjam.net/flash/buttercu phigh
Hope everyone likes... but if you don't, fuck off.

Response to please help on my collaboration 2009-03-14 19:25:46

It was a joke. Wow. Get a sense of humor.

Response to please help on my collaboration 2009-03-14 19:33:32

looking through this, i think it'll be really sweet. i'm a bad artest, so all i can do is say is good luck guys.

Response to please help on my collaboration 2009-03-14 22:03:30

At 3/14/09 07:25 PM, fjgamer wrote: It was a joke. Wow. Get a sense of humor.

dude don't post it anywhere, it didn't work! just send me your part on e-mail! i PMed you the e-mail so send it to me

Response to please help on my collaboration 2009-03-15 12:26:34

hehehe i'm up to the level with the pipe

Response to please help on my collaboration 2009-03-15 14:16:22

At 3/14/09 10:03 PM, wam-bo wrote:
At 3/14/09 07:25 PM, fjgamer wrote: It was a joke. Wow. Get a sense of humor.
dude don't post it anywhere, it didn't work! just send me your part on e-mail! i PMed you the e-mail so send it to me

It does work. You can't open the FLA? Or is it just messed up? I posted that I made a mistake with the actionscript. I fixed that by posting a replacement code. Also, look at the SWF post. It's an example of what the animation should look like. I'll e-mail it to ya, though. *sigh*

At SOMETIME, Calicard typed:
I just dealt with someone like you on another thread. Dont even start it, man.

Start what? There isn't even an argument. Seriously, you're making no sense.

Again, Wam, I'll send an e-mail right now.