00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheAntking just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

World War I videogames?

2,010 Views | 26 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

World War I videogames? 2009-02-08 20:11:46

So, newgrounds, I was wondering, if people are so sick of all of the World War II videogames, then why don't more companies create more game around the first World War? I mean, it's a fresh new idea, and I'm sure the idea of even MORE primitive technology and trench warfare could make for cool new gameplay (or would it?)

So, yeah, World War I games...Where did that market go?

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to World War I videogames? 2009-02-08 20:13:04

It would be worse than WW2 games...

"Girl your love is like a "nuclear weapon.

EricTheMan AkA:

BBS Signature

Response to World War I videogames? 2009-02-08 20:27:47

Trench warfare would be a bit... repetitive I imagine.

I'd rather they stick with World War 2 games.

GT - LedgeyNG, Steam - Ledgey91, PSN - LedgeyNG

BBS Signature

Response to World War I videogames? 2009-02-08 20:48:11

Eh, it'd be interesting to an extent... But probably not that fun.
I mean, not too much variety and generally lame weapons and tactics.

I GOT AFRO! DO YOU GOT AFRO?

Response to World War I videogames? 2009-02-08 21:15:42

I want the Revolutionary war.

Well.

Shit.

Response to World War I videogames? 2009-02-08 22:14:01

I think a trench warfare game would be pretty cool, but all the 12 year olds on X-box live would throw a bitch fit about how, "It's so boring and unrealistic."

This post will actually appear at the bottom of this page.

BBS Signature

Response to World War I videogames? 2009-02-08 22:56:09

i really think they should make a korean war game

Response to World War I videogames? 2009-02-08 23:25:12

At 2/8/09 10:14 PM, Grammar-Nazi wrote: I think a trench warfare game would be pretty cool, but all the 12 year olds on X-box live would throw a bitch fit about how, "It's so boring and unrealistic."

In warfare today if we were in a war it would be, but back then it certainly wasn't.

Fucking kids on xbox live.

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to World War I videogames? 2009-02-08 23:44:10

I also want a decent WWI game, but nowadays me and my brother would rather have a Vietnam War game as that was a fairly interesting war.

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

Response to World War I videogames? 2009-02-09 11:50:49

At 2/8/09 11:44 PM, Gustavos wrote: I also want a decent WWI game, but nowadays me and my brother would rather have a Vietnam War game as that was a fairly interesting war.

There making a mod for World in Conflict (that WW3 no base building game) that does that.

Also recently they released a TBS game about WW1, LINK.

Hope this helped, though I would quite like a WW1 FPS too.

(Back from the dead!)

Thanks to TheWolfe for letting me steal his sig.

BBS Signature

Response to World War I videogames? 2009-02-09 11:53:34

WWi would be shit boring...

Press A to apply gas mask when there is a gas alert, button mash B to dig trenches etc...

Seriously Vietnam would be better, are there any Vietnam war games ?

I aint really into war games but now that I think of it this would be interesting.

Response to World War I videogames? 2009-02-09 11:56:52

At 2/8/09 11:44 PM, Gustavos wrote: I also want a decent WWI game, but nowadays me and my brother would rather have a Vietnam War game as that was a fairly interesting war.

Yeah, I'd like to see more of them.

Shellshock: Bloodlines (I think thats the title) comes out soon, which is based around the Vietnam War. Although I think it's more of a 'horror survival' game.

Baby Britain.

Xbox Live Gamertag: JackFrustration - PSN: JackSawyer

BBS Signature

Response to World War I videogames? 2009-02-09 12:04:32

Its shocking how little people know about WW1.

Sure there was lots of sitting in trenches, but there was also loads of night raids into the enemy trenches, tank battles, huge assaults on enemy positions, dogfighting with planes.

How could charging towards an enemies trench with thousands of fellow soldiers while under machine gun and artillery fire, then bayonetting the germans in the face be a dull game?

Response to World War I videogames? 2009-02-09 12:20:56

It would be repetitive to go back to WWI, but itd show the differences in technology at the time and maybe there should be more vietnam/falklands war games too

The French Resistance: An oxymoron if ever there was one.

Ohai, its my DeviantArt and Youtube!

BBS Signature

Response to World War I videogames? 2009-02-09 12:46:11

I want Call of duty 5 Medieval Warfare.

BBS Signature

Response to World War I videogames? 2009-02-09 17:03:45

At 2/9/09 12:46 PM, Jerich0 wrote: I want Call of duty 5 Medieval Warfare.

That would be so awesome.

(Back from the dead!)

Thanks to TheWolfe for letting me steal his sig.

BBS Signature

Response to World War I videogames? 2009-02-09 21:29:06

Even better: How about an original idea!?

I laugh at your sigs!

Response to World War I videogames? 2009-02-09 21:42:19

At 2/8/09 08:11 PM, puddinN64 wrote: So, yeah, World War I games...Where did that market go?

It went obsolete and into the shithole, like the E.T. cartridges and our economy.

Honestly, I think that the Vietnam War would be a more preferable alternative to WWII games, although there's only one good Vietnam game to date.

Ezekiel 25:69

: "He masturbated with great vengence and furious anger, striking those who

: attempted to poison and destroy his unit..."

BBS Signature

Response to World War I videogames? 2009-02-09 21:49:21

At 2/9/09 09:23 PM, Yamor wrote: It would focus on cover very heavily like Gears of War, and their would be a large amount of melee combat. It seems like it would be pretty fun... if done right.

Yep, most of the fighting was either hand-to-hand in the shell craters, or in the trenches during raids.

That idea is actually pretty good.

Response to World War I videogames? 2009-02-10 12:29:36

There is a handfull of WWI games and of course mods for other games. I think I actually saw a WWI shooter in a store once. Unfortunately I was really short on cash, so I left it in the bargain bin. Curiously, it wasn't there when I came back.

SOMEONE ELSE CARED

Victoria has an expansion pack called Revolutions that let's you go all the way to the first world war and I'm pretty sure both Hearts of Iron games have mods.

Plus there's Matrix Games, who make a lot of obscure games based on obscure historical battles. I wouldn't be surprised if they have a game or three on the subject.

in outer space there will be no law to keep me from love

Response to World War I videogames? 2009-02-10 12:56:27

At 2/9/09 09:29 PM, ZagmenO wrote: Even better: How about an original idea!?

Nothings original anymore go back to general forum...

BBS Signature

Response to World War I videogames? 2009-02-10 14:29:27

At 2/9/09 11:53 AM, VenomKing666 wrote: Seriously Vietnam would be better, are there any Vietnam war games ?

There are quite a few.

A medieval game would be awesome, though I don't think it should be FPS.. third person I guess.

Sup, bitches :)

BBS Signature

Response to World War I videogames? 2009-02-10 14:38:48

What about Korea, or the Spanish-American War.

BBS Signature

Response to World War I videogames? 2009-02-10 14:56:18

The First World was fought mainly in France, it involved using mostly trench warfare and soldiers walking across no mans land very slowly towards the enemy. You would then be cut down by machine gun fire or blown up. That says it all really.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to World War I videogames? 2009-02-10 15:16:04

At 2/9/09 11:53 AM, VenomKing666 wrote: WWi would be shit boring...

Press A to apply gas mask when there is a gas alert, button mash B to dig trenches etc...

Seriously Vietnam would be better, are there any Vietnam war games ?

I aint really into war games but now that I think of it this would be interesting.

Have you ever heard of Battlefield Vietnam?

Whatever, I always thought that a great idea would be to made a game based on American Civil War,
there is one for XBOX360, but it just sucks.The idea of one about
the Spanish civil war sounds challenging
if you play from the republican
side, but it'll be interesting.Yeah, I know, spain is not really important for video games so It can't have its own videogame.Right?!

Response to World War I videogames? 2009-02-10 16:20:08

At 2/10/09 02:56 PM, BobbaQ wrote: The First World was fought mainly in France, it involved using mostly trench warfare and soldiers walking across no mans land very slowly towards the enemy. You would then be cut down by machine gun fire or blown up. That says it all really.

yes, but there were tanks and airplane battles. Also, there were night raids and naval battles too. Maybe a standard FPS would be hard, but overall the war has gotten little attention from game companies.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to World War I videogames? 2009-02-10 17:21:38

At 2/10/09 05:06 PM, titchman12 wrote: Two reasons
1) America only joined with a year left and it wasn't a clear win over a unprecidented evil e.g. the nazis.

Well Clearly you wouldnt be playing as the Americans then would you?
A victory is still a victory. And while the German empire wasnt as undoubtably 'evil' as the Nazi's were, they were still the enemies of Britain, France, Russia, America and many more.

2) 90% of people don't know anything about it.

I will give you this one though

Untill i have a Sig pic worthy of my grandness, i declare that all Sig pictures are reserved for Vain people with no lives :D

Come to My City :D

Or Fight me!