00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

soniccrackers23 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

What is the best game intro ever?

2,912 Views | 48 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to What is the best game intro ever? 2009-02-08 03:32:56

Left 4 dead, kingdom hearts 2, crysis etc etc...

Response to What is the best game intro ever? 2009-02-08 03:34:08

In No Particular Order:
Fallout 3 - the way this game starts is amazing especially when u first see the post apocalyptic world.. very cinematic, the music from the 40's brings u into this empty world.. it kinda gives me that feeling u get in an old folks home like u know somebody just passed or will be passing real soon.. a depressing look at a "what if" of our world..
Lost Odyssey - you start off in a war of thousands, you are an immortal warrior, and nothing is more bad ass than being the lone survivor of the war.. your cutting through groups of soldiers, attacking weak points on a tanklike boss type.. then a meteor falls, actually i dont want to spoil it but its a great beginning for an even greater game
Grand Theft Auto San Andreas - your mother just passed, u come home for the funeral.. the local police pick u up and ur already in a load of shit.. not only that but they drop u off in enemy territory and the only way home is on a bmx.. from there its like a john singleton or hughes brothers film..
Fable2 - this game starts on dark starry night on the poor side of town.. a peter jackson-esque orchestra plays in the background and gives the game an instant mystical feel.. u see a crowd of people scuffling through the city, and then a bird flies by and then the bird drops crap right onto your character's face.. u start off somewhat homeless with no one but u and ur sister.. from there the fable begins..
Bioshock - your on a plane, it crashes right into the ocean.. u survive the crash and gain control as soon as u get your first gasp of air.. u see nothing but water, as u look around u notice this tower like building in the middle of the ocean.. u enter the structure and take a ride in an elevator type machine.. as soon as u reach the bottom floor, someone gets murdered before your eyes, and the monster tries to break into ur elevator.. the doors open and u now begin this journey..

im such a video game nerd that i could go on for pages about game intros that i loved.. so i'll leave it at these because they were first in mind..

Response to What is the best game intro ever? 2009-02-08 04:56:51

CoD 4. The start was pretty cool.

Thnx for the sig ParadoxVoid

i look like a ballplaya

BBS Signature

Response to What is the best game intro ever? 2009-02-08 05:16:20

The opening scene for Sonic Unleashed is pretty epic.

We had some good times, Newgrounds.

BBS Signature

Response to What is the best game intro ever? 2009-02-08 14:06:54

Opening to all the Pokemon games...

...hello, my name is Prof. Oak.

But really, Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

Response to What is the best game intro ever? 2009-02-10 17:22:50

Prototype will be my favorite. Press Start to nuke a city.

Smells like teen spirit, tastes like chicken.

Response to What is the best game intro ever? 2009-02-10 17:27:48

War.....war never changes.

Really set the mood for the whole game.

I'm a dragon

BoshansStudios made this awesome sig.

My gamertag is Kirbykiller13,add me,we'll go hard and kill some scrubs.

BBS Signature

Response to What is the best game intro ever? 2009-02-10 17:30:30

Ahoy there sailor can you do the otter dance?

Response to What is the best game intro ever? 2009-02-10 17:46:35

At 2/7/09 09:05 PM, Dobio wrote: Final Fantasy VIII. It's awesome.

TheSpoonyOne took the piss out of the intro of that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1njLpZDfU CQ

Hilarious.

Prepare for unforeseen consequences.

BBS Signature

Response to What is the best game intro ever? 2009-02-10 17:54:08

I'll have to agree on Fallout and Fallout 3. I always thought the Intro of Tales of Symphonia was pretty good too. Looks like many RPGs have good intros. Then again, RPGs are about stories, so I guess that's pretty much a must.

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

BBS Signature

Response to What is the best game intro ever? 2009-02-10 18:05:21

At 2/8/09 12:08 AM, EricTheMan wrote: Idk if a lot of people have played this game, but it is definitely my favorite RPG of ALL time. Plus the cut scenes and Intro were amazing

gah!!! how can you NOT know dragoon!!!

one of my fav games of all time! i remember being real young and watching my brother play it!

h and i dnot know what my fav opening is...ill have to think

Response to What is the best game intro ever? 2009-02-10 18:11:52

Kingdom Hearts 2.

Response to What is the best game intro ever? 2009-02-10 18:13:52

Final Fantasy 7 or Metal gear solid 3

BBS Signature

Response to What is the best game intro ever? 2009-02-10 18:22:20

Though I thought the rest of the game was complete shit, F.E.A.R.s was realy awesome.

Little girls setting people on fire and all that shiz

By reading this short sentence you have sucessfully wasted a considerable 3-4 seconds of your time. You stupid fuck

Response to What is the best game intro ever? 2009-02-10 19:34:37

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater. The whole game is arguably one big tribute to James Bond movies, but the intro is where it's the most blatant. And awesome.

NG Cinema Club Movie of the Week: Night of the Living Dead (Romero, 1968, USA) | Letterboxd | Steam

BBS Signature

Response to What is the best game intro ever? 2009-02-10 19:59:37

At 2/8/09 12:08 AM, EricTheMan wrote: Idk if a lot of people have played this game, but it is definitely my favorite RPG of ALL time. Plus the cut scenes and Intro were amazing

I do. Legend of Dragoon ranks among my favorite Playstation RPGs. A shame that it was very underrated, given the fact that it was one spectacular game. And for a Playstation game, the CGI cutscenes looked almost realistic, especially the opening of the attack on Dart's hometown.

Fallout 3's introduction was quite epic, as well. "War. War never changes."

Response to What is the best game intro ever? 2009-02-10 20:03:28

I thought the opening for Left 4 Dead and Halo 3 were pretty good. They got me real excited to play the game. Left 4 Dead really pumped me up for a good zombie shootin' time.

Response to What is the best game intro ever? 2009-02-10 20:04:34

Thanks aplenty to Phobotech for the great user icon.

BBS Signature

Response to What is the best game intro ever? 2009-02-10 20:06:56

Half life and..... hm.

OHOHHOHOHOHO

BBS Signature