00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

joker1222344 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Reviewers Club

111,840 Views | 2,124 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-05-28 11:37:42

At 5/28/05 08:47 AM, Bahamut7 wrote: Add me to the responses list!

Are you sure your flash is saved? I just checked your profile and it says:

Flash by Bahamut7:
- none -

If it is saved, can you give me a link? I feel like reviewing it.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-05-28 11:39:05

At 5/28/05 11:37 AM, Auz wrote: If it is saved, can you give me a link? I feel like reviewing it.

It is saved. It'll probably be on my profile when the next Grounds Gold day starts. But here's the link:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/240125

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-05-28 11:39:48

At 5/28/05 11:37 AM, Auz wrote:
Are you sure your flash is saved? I just checked your profile and it says:

Flash by Bahamut7:
- none -

If it is saved, can you give me a link? I feel like reviewing it.

Whoops, sorry for not checking out your sig (and for the double post). But still it's kinda weird your profile says you haven't made any flashes yet. Does it needs to be updated first or something?

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-05-28 15:03:10

At 5/28/05 11:37 AM, Auz wrote:

I reviewed Bahamut7. Its cool, I'm glad you got a movie on the portal.

Whoops, sorry for not checking out your sig (and for the double post). But still it's kinda weird your profile says you haven't made any flashes yet. Does it needs to be updated first or something?

Yeah I was wondering the same thing. Most authors, it goes on before the flash is even saved. Maybe its because its your first or something.

old people say lol; and we still use these }{

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-05-28 15:36:00

At 5/28/05 12:28 AM, YoinK_VineS wrote: exactly, as long as a review has good criticism and is helpful towards to author then it is good. But it needs to be more than just one line... I think 3 lines or more are good with reviews. But someone might make some hateful review in 4 lines... or spam in 4 lines... so when something is 4 lines it's just 4 lines... a review needs to be valuable in a way in which it helps the flash artist.

you have a point, and I've thought about it. The only thing I could think up is the set amount of lines. If a person feels they need to spam or be hateful, he also runs the chance of having his reviews deleted and posibly get banned. If I catch some one doing it I'll tell a review mod, not because I'm a "tattle tale", but because its rediculous.

If any one has a better idea on how to run the place, just say it. This isnt a dictatorship.

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-05-28 15:39:48

At 5/28/05 03:03 PM, IvanTuroc wrote: I reviewed Bahamut7. Its cool, I'm glad you got a movie on the portal.

I'm happy to get a movie onto the portal myself. :) I find it quite hard to believe that I finally got a flash on NG. I feel quite special.

Yeah I was wondering the same thing. Most authors, it goes on before the flash is even saved. Maybe its because its your first or something.

I'm sure the profile will know I have a flash by 12AM EST. :)

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-05-28 15:40:06

hmm.
I was Banjo-Kazooie for a few days to let whoever made the member list know.

Anyone know the criteria for becoming a review mod?

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-05-28 15:45:23

At 5/28/05 03:40 PM, -noir wrote: Anyone know the criteria for becoming a review mod?

I think you have to have not made a single abusive or unhelpful review. That's what I think the minimum requirement is for becoming a review mod.

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-05-28 15:46:58

At 5/28/05 03:39 PM, Bahamut7 wrote:
At 5/28/05 03:03 PM, IvanTuroc wrote: I reviewed Bahamut7. Its cool, I'm glad you got a movie on the portal.
I'm happy to get a movie onto the portal myself. :) I find it quite hard to believe that I finally got a flash on NG. I feel quite special.

I'm sure the profile will know I have a flash by 12AM EST. :)

Congrats on your first movie. when I get my home internet back, it'll be the first thing I watch. until then though...

Nice review IvanTuroc(did I spell that right?) I can tell you are decent reviewer.

At 5/28/05 03:40 PM, -noir wrote: hmm.
I was Banjo-Kazooie for a few days to let whoever made the member list know.

ok, thanks for the heads up, you'll se the change on the next update.

Anyone know the criteria for becoming a review mod?

god, I wish I knew. theres a lot of people who lose many, many reviews and get banned. If you find out, could you post it in here? I think I might add it to the updates.

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-05-28 15:50:05

At 5/28/05 03:45 PM, Bahamut7 wrote:
At 5/28/05 03:40 PM, -noir wrote: Anyone know the criteria for becoming a review mod?
I think you have to have not made a single abusive or unhelpful review. That's what I think the minimum requirement is for becoming a review mod.

That's possible, but I doubt that would be the minimum requirement.
Alot of BBS mods had been banned for silly or abusive comments on the forums during their entry days in the forum, although they became model posters and the ideal mod as time progressed.

Nothing is set in stone around here.
Except for the man eternally banned for dissing Wade's wife.

:)

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-05-28 15:56:28

At 5/28/05 03:50 PM, -noir wrote: That's possible, but I doubt that would be the minimum requirement.
Alot of BBS mods had been banned for silly or abusive comments on the forums during their entry days in the forum, although they became model posters and the ideal mod as time progressed.

maybe the Wi/Ht forum regulars would know. I mean thats that forums specialty, to know things.

Nothing is set in stone around here.
Except for the man eternally banned for dissing Wade's wife.

Seriously? I must have missed something. At 4 o'clock I have to go, so I only have 3 minutes left at the library.

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-05-29 10:45:59

At 5/28/05 03:45 PM, Bahamut7 wrote:

You probably just have to be a model reviewer, you know, your reviews have to have a lot of helpfull comments and such. Quantity is probably not that important, but I doubt someone with 100 reviews or less will become a review mod. I also think your whistle points for abusive reviews counts.

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-05-29 10:49:50

I got almost 800 reviews, but I stopped reviewing due to it's boringness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-05-29 13:24:16

At 5/29/05 10:49 AM, AnzRage wrote: I got almost 800 reviews, but I stopped reviewing due to it's boringness.

I know. I get really lazy and take ages to the next hundred of reviews. :S I got 300 reviews last week and havn't got too far. I should get back into a lot of reviewing soon. :S

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-05-31 08:44:53

Okay, one of my reviews got deleted since it was for FUCK YOU YOU FUCKER taking me back to 300 reviews. However, I did review two flashes which isn't too bad. One will get you a response:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/240970

I think FrOzEn_FoX should be added to the responses list.

View Your Reviews (302)
(With Responses Only (122))

40.4% response rate. Meh, it'll take ages for me to get to 50% due to my laziness. :S

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-05-31 08:58:55

At 5/27/05 03:20 PM, MasterStalker wrote:

wow, what an ass. He was just trying to stalk you on the internet.

now if u guys ever realsed a flash movie before u would know this is normal he just wanted to ask him questions maybe ask if he wanted to do a collab i mean if i go look at Bahamut7's reviw its probably long not just u suck

anyway i review STAR WARS:its good go to my forum dont have a link it's in
GENERAL SECTION called star wars spoilers

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-05-31 09:16:53

At 5/31/05 08:58 AM, A-Twon25 wrote: now if u guys ever realsed a flash movie before u would know this is normal he just wanted to ask him questions maybe ask if he wanted to do a collab i mean if i go look at Bahamut7's reviw its probably long not just u suck

Damn right, it was three paragraphs long. The first paragraph said:

You're back with these Truth flashes? I mean, this thing about Shadow_XII being Ozcar's alt, well, I think you're only accusing him of that because he told people on the BBS about you uploading a Flash with the name "Decline of Video Gaming 3".

I mean, George seems to pick on people for what they do to him. Shadow_XII told people on the BBS to flag his Decline 3 flash. And the second paragraph, I said that the truth flashes are old. He's made SEVEN truth flashes and they are getting old. I also said it was just texts, screenshots that fade and tween. Not very much animation and has quite an overrated score. And the last one, I said that the effort wasn't good. So after that, he emails me when he could've responded to my review. This is what he said to me by email:

Hello,
Just read your review, and I felt to inform you.

1. I do this movies for my own satisfaction, not for
high scores. I just like making them, its fun.
2. Maybe there is only screens and tweens here, but
thats what special about it, I guess.
3. Wheither true or not it is, you have to decide.
Believe me, I got 43 emails regarding "Truth About
Ozcar", people were telling me their ideas and
opinions. It was fun reading and answering them.

Number 1, okay. Number 2, special? My ass. Number 3, I think that's bullshit.

Oh, and I wouldn't say to the flash authors "you suck" since I know that will get me banned and since the FAQ says I could possibly lose my account, I would then never want to make a review saying that.

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-05-31 11:13:28

I think i'll start reviewing again, cuz it's nice to have high stats on anything. But doesn't mean that i'm gonna leave uninstructive reviews for stat purpose only, hell no.

So, guys, count me in.

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-05-31 12:24:43

At 5/31/05 11:13 AM, Frostbreath wrote: I think i'll start reviewing again, cuz it's nice to have high stats on anything. But doesn't mean that i'm gonna leave uninstructive reviews for stat purpose only, hell no.

Sure thing, quality over quantity I'd say

So, guys, count me in.

Yeah sure, welcome to the club =)

View Your Reviews (173)
(With Responses Only (41))
Received another response yesterday, today I might receive one as well.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/240709
This is part one, but I think it'll be better to review part two if you want a response.

Just saw a guy who almost completely copied some other guys review, looked like he putted a lot of effort in it while he didn't do a damn thing, lazy bastard

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-06-01 03:25:33

Ok im back and now i can get a few reviews in...

I was in vegas for the last 2-3 days and fun i had and lots of it heh, didnt win much i probably spent more then i won but its the fun i had hehe, took some pictures it was a blast...

So what i miss...?

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-06-01 06:27:21

At 5/31/05 11:13 AM, Frostbreath wrote: I think i'll start reviewing again, cuz it's nice to have high stats on anything. But doesn't mean that i'm gonna leave uninstructive reviews for stat purpose only, hell no.

I know. One line reviews are pointless, so anything more than 4 lines is fine. I'm usually aiming for quality over quantity as well, although I do want 1000 reviews.

So, guys, count me in.

Sure, welcome.

At 6/1/05 03:25 AM, XwaynecoltX wrote: So what i miss...?

Meh, I'm one of the newest flash authors to be added onto the Responses list. While you were away, I uploaded my first flash and got a fine score (2.38/5.00), although it was over 3.00 when it was UJ. ;_; I check to see if I've received new reviews too often. :S

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-06-01 12:43:26

At 6/1/05 06:27 AM, Bahamut7 wrote: Meh, I'm one of the newest flash authors to be added onto the Responses list. While you were away, I uploaded my first flash and got a fine score (2.38/5.00), although it was over 3.00 when it was UJ. ;_; I check to see if I've received new reviews too often. :S

Oh cool...

Drop me a link and ill review it today or tomarrow depending on what my review list for the day looks like...

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-06-01 12:44:40

At 6/1/05 12:43 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: Drop me a link and ill review it today or tomarrow depending on what my review list for the day looks like...

The link to my flash is in my sig. <_<

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-06-01 13:37:04

At 6/1/05 12:44 PM, Bahamut7 wrote:
At 6/1/05 12:43 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: Drop me a link and ill review it today or tomarrow depending on what my review list for the day looks like...
The link to my flash is in my sig. <_<

I decided to review it now hehe...

It was funny and its notbad for your first, i hope you make more and all kinds...

Oh and ps reply is welcome hehe...

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-06-01 13:48:56

At 6/1/05 01:37 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: It was funny and its notbad for your first, i hope you make more and all kinds...

Thanks!

Oh and ps reply is welcome hehe...

I respond to all reviews, so I responded. :D Hmm, you've made over 30 reviews today. I guess if you kept like this, it would take a while for KWAS to beat you on reviews, unless he stops at 10000.

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-06-01 13:58:07

At 6/1/05 01:48 PM, Bahamut7 wrote: I respond to all reviews, so I responded. :D Hmm, you've made over 30 reviews today. I guess if you kept like this, it would take a while for KWAS to beat you on reviews, unless he stops at 10000.

Thanks for the reply, ya i have been in a reviewing modd as of late, he seems to have slowed down abit...

but ya i like reviewing again, :)

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-06-02 01:13:11

Im almost upto 1400 Replys, and the reviews are coming in at a nice pace me thinks...

View Your Reviews (10,357)
(With Responses Only (1,390))

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-06-02 06:23:04

At 6/2/05 01:13 AM, XwaynecoltX wrote: View Your Reviews (10,357)

That's nice. :) Congrats! Although M-A-R-C-U-S and KWAS have more responses than you, but 1390 is still a hell lot since I only have 122 responses. ;S

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-06-02 10:53:33

At 6/1/05 12:44 PM, Bahamut7 wrote: The link to my flash is in my sig. <_<

I left a review too. The previous reviewers didn't seem all that excited about the movie, and probably gave some whiste points :)

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-06-02 13:09:26

At 6/2/05 01:13 AM, XwaynecoltX wrote: Im almost upto 1400 Replys, and the reviews are coming in at a nice pace me thinks...

View Your Reviews (10,357)

~X~

Whoa, you seriously wrote a shitload of reviews yesterday, about 40 0_o. I need about 3 or 4 weeks to write so many. Congrats if you reach 1400 replies by the way.

I'm getting pretty close to 200, only 21 more to go. I hope I'll reach that amount at about the end of next week. I don't have to go to school tomorrow and on Tuesday I'm having a sportsday or whatever that is called, so I think it's possible to get to 200 in a couple of days. I also hope my number of responses will be 50 by then, 6 more to go.

Say I haven't seen M-A-R-C-U-S and Ryan in quite a while, anyone knows where those two hang out?

BBS Signature