00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

The Reviewers Club

95,078 Views | 2,143 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-04-10 19:55:36

But Marcus lets make this place decent, set a few leaders of this club, put together some rules and guidlines for new members or new-comers, and so-on???

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-04-11 04:24:52

At 4/10/05 07:55 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: But Marcus lets make this place decent, set a few leaders of this club, put together some rules and guidlines for new members or new-comers, and so-on???

not our thread :)
not big enough to need leaders - what would their purpose be?
the rules are: stick to the BBS rules, and dont talk about stuff Wade bitches about - he's got every right to... it's HIS site pretty much :) haha.

i think we should just keep going at a steady pace :)
i've done over 10 today, so i'm happy :)
going for 1,500 responses!

View Your Reviews (4,193)
(With Responses Only (1,417))

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-04-11 06:56:25

Hey can I join? I haven't got a huge amount of reviews, but I still like reviewing movies.

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-04-11 07:51:21

At 4/11/05 06:56 AM, UltraGhost wrote: Hey can I join? I haven't got a huge amount of reviews, but I still like reviewing movies.

ofcourse :)
and you have enough to be considered an un-review-n00b, lololol.
post as much as you want (whilst not breaking any rules ofcourse haha) :D lol.

wadup!!
...im going off soon, gotta do some work, and i wana have an early night :(

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-04-11 11:30:21

At 4/10/05 07:00 PM, M-A-R-C-U-S wrote: hey dude :)
i guess this is my new home XD hahah.

Indeed it is. Welcome! I'm surprised you didn't join this club sooner. With you around, I can see this club being more active.

if you want a listing of the top 10 reviewers which gets updated everyday, go to www.newgrounds.com/portal/stats. its down the bottom.
anyways, this place looks just dandy :)
hello ALL!!! :D haha.

I know. I think those people are crazy.

going for 1,500 responses!

That's insane.

View Your Reviews (4,193)
(With Responses Only (1,417))

O_o

For me:

View Your Reviews (264)
(With Responses Only (96))

So close to 100 responses. But maybe I should try and make four or more reviews today. Incase I don't get a response from one review. XD

At 4/11/05 06:56 AM, UltraGhost wrote: Hey can I join? I haven't got a huge amount of reviews, but I still like reviewing movies.

Sure. 128 reviews isn't too bad. Maybe this club will encourage you to make more reviews.

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-04-11 15:05:58

Welcome M-A-R-C-U-S!

It surprises me that you weren't a member here earlier.

Anyway, enjoy your stay. =)

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-04-11 18:58:56

At 4/11/05 03:05 PM, Andersson wrote: Welcome M-A-R-C-U-S!

It surprises me that you weren't a member here earlier.

i had 'the top reviewers list' thread... it contained all of the major reviewers of the site.... i didnt even know this place EXISTED XD hahaha.
plus i never looked through C&C, all i did was have links to the C&C threads i visited.

Anyway, enjoy your stay. =)

thanks, and i will.
---
bahamut:
lol, you may find that when you review a movie, you wont get a response.... and it can take like, a few days to a month or two for it to pop up, and then you cant be stuffed looking through all of your old ones to find the newy, so you dont get to read it! :@ grrr!!
hahah.
but you go for that 100 dude, 3 figures in responses is a good spot to be in.

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-04-11 21:41:43

Well, thanks for letting me join. just out of interest, what is the longest review you've written? My longest was 12 lines for Kitten Canon. Mine are ussually only 2-5 lines, but I occasionally do more, and unfortunatly I've done less as well, a lot less.

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-04-11 22:17:46

At 4/11/05 09:41 PM, UltraGhost wrote: Well, thanks for letting me join. just out of interest, what is the longest review you've written? My longest was 12 lines for Kitten Canon. Mine are ussually only 2-5 lines, but I occasionally do more, and unfortunatly I've done less as well, a lot less.

i've written around 3 reviews that have been over the max character limit, which i had to size down...
i think one of them was for one of Seizure_Dog's collab.... yeh, that would have been around 40 lines or something i cant remember.
back in the day when i had around 1,500-2000 reviews, they were all atleast 8 lines long, otherwise i'd give myself a kick in the nuts XD haha.
now, some are 8 lines, but most are around 4-6 i think...
still more than most other people write.
bleh.
good question.

View Your Reviews (4,200)
(With Responses Only (1,419))

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-04-12 11:10:58

At 4/11/05 06:58 PM, M-A-R-C-U-S wrote: bahamut:
lol, you may find that when you review a movie, you wont get a response.... and it can take like, a few days to a month or two for it to pop up, and then you cant be stuffed looking through all of your old ones to find the newy, so you dont get to read it! :@ grrr!!

Going through all the responses wouldn't be much of a pain for me since it's only 10 pages to go through. And I hate it when it takes a few days to a few months for the author to respond to my review. I think that the author will never respond to it. However, I have had responses that were responding to my reviews that were around a few weeks old. Oh well, if I get a response, I'm happy.

but you go for that 100 dude, 3 figures in responses is a good spot to be in.

Yeah, if I'm bothered to, I will review flashes that will only take me a day to get a response. So maybe _Guardian_ and _MessiaH_ are the best people to review to tonight. :)

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-04-12 11:29:29

At 4/10/05 07:55 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: But Marcus lets make this place decent, set a few leaders of this club, put together some rules and guidlines for new members or new-comers, and so-on???

~X~

already did that on one of the few pages this club has. on the last page I also bosted a leveling system for tose of you out there who want to be competitive, or want motivation. I am the leader isnce no one objected to it when I said I was assuming command. I declared Tiger_Chick my second in command. I will give you 3rd in command leadership since you are the greatest reviewer on newgrounds. If some one objects to this just bitch about it in the thread, I can compomise if needed.

By the way, are you joining Marcus and SD? I'm keeping a member list and since neither of you said "I'll join", I didnt add you two to the list yet.

I'll post the rules and stuff again in a minute.

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-04-12 11:39:22

At 4/11/05 09:41 PM, UltraGhost wrote: Well, thanks for letting me join. just out of interest, what is the longest review you've written? My longest was 12 lines for Kitten Canon. Mine are ussually only 2-5 lines, but I occasionally do more, and unfortunatly I've done less as well, a lot less.

My review for Interactive Buddy v1.01 has 53 lines long. I had to remove parts of the review thanks to the damn limit. >_< So it might've gone over 60 lines. I think the limit for the review should be a bit higher since there could be a very very well thought review made, but had to get cut down due to the limit, but then, there's those damn abusive reviewers. >:(

Oh well, making ass long reviews is quite rare for me. I usually say a hell lot of things if it's a flash that I really enjoyed and I have to give it an overall of 10. I rarely give flashes an overall of ten. I've only gave four flashes a 10/10. Oh, don't count the reviews that are in the Obitauries since I sometimes make a review to a crappy flash and give it a perfect 10.

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-04-12 11:40:08

Rules would be simple enough,
1. dont spam... much
2. dont flame
3. post links to artists that respond alot
4. post semi-regularly

I'll keep a list of all the artists that respond reviews.

Ok, heres the member list

1. turbosquad
2. mister_maggot
3. Dustminion
4. inertiacPulse
5. XwaynecoltX
6. NewgroundsSPG
7. -Frank-
8. Hiei1
9. Rensen
10. Jamie_McGuire
11. NasFlash
12. Tiger_Chick
13. MasterStalker
14. Bahamut7
15. Crimson-Nova
16. Andersson
17. majorblood
18. eskimokiddie
19. M-A-R-C-U-S
20.Siezure Dog

Each person is rated twice. Quality, and Quantity. A quality review is one that is at the very least 5 lines long.

For each review you get an automatic 1 point. If it is a qauily review you get another point.

Levels

1) 0+
2) 50+
3) 100+
4) 150+
5) 200+
6) 300+
7) 400+
8) 500+
9) 750+
10) 1000+
11) 1250+
12) 1500+
13) 2000+
14) 2500+
15) 3000+

The Max level is thirty. To get to thirty, you must get to levvel fifteen in Qaulity, and Quantity. Now, people who want to cheat and do one liners can only make it half way. I will eventually need to update the levels (add more) but I felt it was fairer to every one to have such low levels because not everyone can have as many reviews as XwaynecoltX does.

does this one seem fair? Questions, comments?

I havent thought of a reward for responses... I guess you can just have then for personal enjoyment until me and a few other members brain storm a little.

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-04-12 11:48:04

At 4/12/05 11:40 AM, MasterStalker wrote: I'll keep a list of all the artists that respond reviews.

I could help type down a list of artists now.

Bob-omb
carmelhadinosaur
Perry-Clock
_Guardian_
_MessiaH_

Also, FrOzEn_FoX seems to be another artist that responds to all or most reviews.

I hope that list has helped you a bit.

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-04-12 14:34:29

At 4/12/05 11:48 AM, Bahamut7 wrote:
At 4/12/05 11:40 AM, MasterStalker wrote: I'll keep a list of all the artists that respond reviews.
I could help type down a list of artists now.

Bob-omb
carmelhadinosaur
Perry-Clock
_Guardian_
_MessiaH_

Also, FrOzEn_FoX seems to be another artist that responds to all or most reviews.

I hope that list has helped you a bit.

yes, it has. Thanks for the small, yet significant list. every so often I will post these names again so we dont need to hunt them down.

Does anyone know how to pronounce Carmelhadinosaur's name? thats really been bothering me.

Do you think I'm doing a good job as leader?

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-04-12 14:53:52

At 4/12/05 02:34 PM, MasterStalker wrote: yes, it has. Thanks for the small, yet significant list. every so often I will post these names again so we dont need to hunt them down.

Good. :)

Does anyone know how to pronounce Carmelhadinosaur's name? thats really been bothering me.

Car Mel Ha Dine Oh Sore

Maybe that?

Well, you are organising this club well with the member lists and other things, so I think yes so far.

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-04-12 15:09:46

Shit, I forgot to mention this.

View Your Reviews (268)
(With Responses Only (99))

Yep, just one more response to go! :D And I think the 100th response will be from _Guardian_ since I left a review to one of his flashes today. I expect a response when I'm on NG tomorrow.

Well, I think the Star Syndicate was the 25th response, Piconjo being the 50th and carmelhadinosaur being the 75th. Now it's most likely _Guardian_. Now maybe I will treat him as a special review responser, if he replies to my damn review!

Anyway, enough blabbering from me. Once I get my 100th response, 125 will be my next target. :)

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-04-12 15:27:12

At 4/12/05 02:53 PM, Bahamut7 wrote:
At 4/12/05 02:34 PM, MasterStalker wrote: yes, it has. Thanks for the small, yet significant list. every so often I will post these names again so we dont need to hunt them down.
Good. :)

Car Mel Ha Dine Oh Sore

Maybe that?

Maybe. I was juggling with these:

Carmel(like a candy) ha(like a laugh) dinosaur(rawr)
Carmela dinosaur
Carmel-hudinosore

I just cant tell what it is probably the one you said.

Well, you are organising this club well with the member lists and other things, so I think yes so far.

yes, most the first few clubs I joined were so unorganized it was horrifying. I think things just work better when they're organized.

I was thinking about a point system for responses, maybe you could think a system up for that? like every 25 responses is a response level or something?

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-04-12 15:38:59

At 4/12/05 03:27 PM, MasterStalker wrote: Maybe. I was juggling with these:

Carmel(like a candy) ha(like a laugh) dinosaur(rawr)
Carmela dinosaur
Carmel-hudinosore

I think the name means:

Car (?) Mel (Mel Gibson) Ha (laughing) Dinosaur

I was thinking about a point system for responses, maybe you could think a system up for that? like every 25 responses is a response level or something?

Hmm.

1) 0
2) 25
3) 50
4) 75
5) 100
6) 125
7) 150
8) 175
9) 200
10) 250
11) 300
12) 350
13) 400
14) 450
15) 500+

I think it probably has to stop at level 15. If the levelling up thing looks a bit funny, then please let me know. Oh, if there is going to be levels for response, then should the levels be increased to 20 for all of them. So the max level is 60.

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-04-12 15:58:55

At 4/12/05 03:38 PM, Bahamut7 wrote: I think the name means:

Car (?) Mel (Mel Gibson) Ha (laughing) Dinosaur

yeah, I like that one better. lol I may have to ask hi some time, but you may be on to something there

Hmm.

1) 0
2) 25
3) 50
4) 75
5) 100
6) 125
7) 150
8) 175
9) 200
10) 250
11) 300
12) 350
13) 400
14) 450
15) 500+

Works for me. I'll write it down andadd it to future updates. thanks

I think it probably has to stop at level 15. If the levelling up thing looks a bit funny, then please let me know. Oh, if there is going to be levels for response, then should the levels be increased to 20 for all of them. So the max level is 60.

Ok, I was actually trying to make more levels, but wasnt sure if I should. I'll work on it over night later. right now, I'm trying to get as many posts as I can in the next half hour. I have to go home then.(I'm at school)

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-04-12 18:14:02

At 4/12/05 11:40 AM, MasterStalker wrote:

1. turbosquad
2. mister_maggot
3. Dustminion
4. inertiacPulse
5. XwaynecoltX
6. NewgroundsSPG
7. -Frank-
8. Hiei1
9. Rensen
10. Jamie_McGuire
11. NasFlash
12. Tiger_Chick
13. MasterStalker
14. Bahamut7
15. Crimson-Nova
16. Andersson
17. majorblood
18. eskimokiddie
19. M-A-R-C-U-S
20.Siezure Dog

So have I not officially joined yet? Oh well, I try again, can I join?

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-04-12 18:18:04

Sorry about the double post, but an artist that seems to respond to most of his reviews is Wustfull.

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-04-12 19:34:18

Master Stalker - great lists.
but how am i supposed to fit on them!? haha.
i dont fit on the amt. of reviews list... because it only goes up to 3,000..
PS, how do you count or establish what QUALITY level somone has... are you going to go through each of their reviews? how would it be done...

cool memberlist, and yes when i started posting here i said 'looks like this is my new home.' :P hahaha.

Carmelhadinosaur: this topic has been discusssed before so i know all of the dirt! haha.
it's slightly jewish (or something), as "Ha" in Carmel's language means 'The' in certain contexts.
so his name "Carmel ha dinosaur" means "Carmel (his name) the dinosaur (his passion)" lol.
so yeh...
you pronounce it Carmel-ha-dinosaur pretty much :)
--------
sweet response idea aswell... but once again, i dont fit onto it! it only goes up to nearly 1/3 of the responses i have :( haha.

i've done my 10 for today, i may do a few more aswell :)

View Your Reviews (4,215)
(With Responses Only (1,422))

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-04-13 10:02:39

i figure its been over 12hours since my last post, so its not really a double post :)

today was a really good day for me, i wrote 19 reviews...
tip: start reviewing as soon as you wake up. not only do you have a fresh mind, you're so tired you cant think about anything else so you tend you review a lot more!
plus you've already reviewed by the time you realise you should do something with yourself :) so it works real good :)

teh responses are coming really slow!!
pissing me off..
i need another artist who responds to all, lol.
that list is a life saver :)
goodnight all.

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-04-13 11:30:17

At 4/12/05 06:14 PM, UltraGhost wrote: So have I not officially joined yet? Oh well, I try again, can I join?

You should be one. I think MasterStalker forgot to add you on. <_<

Sorry about the double post, but an artist that seems to respond to most of his reviews is Wustfull.

I'll have to keep an eye out on him then.

ALSO, LOOK!

View Your Reviews (268)
(With Responses Only (100))

The 100th response is from _Guardian_ and he gave me a very nice response.

wow dude, your last paragraph fucking rocks. trust me, I follow with you with that. Numa numa is stupid, old, not funny, and definatly overused/ovverated. thanks for the review. Its good to gets reviews from BBS regulars.

Now that response encourages me to make more reviews that don't have much critism and will get me a response. I don't try and bitch at people and criticise their work. I just don't want bad responses.

Well, I wonder if I should stop reviewing for a few days for my 100 responses or try to speed up on reviewing.

Oh, and my response rate:

37%

:)

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-04-13 19:37:32

I don't have many reviews with responses, for me it's:
View Your Reviews (141)
(With Responses Only (19))

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-04-13 20:54:53

SOME ONE ELSE WROTE SHIT BUT I CUT OUT YOUR NAME SOZ :P

At 4/13/05 11:30 AM, Bahamut7 wrote: ALSO, LOOK!

View Your Reviews (268)
(With Responses Only (100))

NICE.

The 100th response is from _Guardian_ and he gave me a very nice response.

thats always sweet to get a milestone along with a response from a good guy, hah :)

Now that response encourages me to make more reviews

i went through that stage... sorta.
now im kinda burnt out, and i really enjoy reviewing on Retrogade...
but im still doing my 10 a day, yesiree :) haha.
also, the responses over here are starting to come really slowly... back in the day i'd get atleast 5, sometimes 8 or 9 a day from 20 reviews... now it would seem the NG community is because a lot further apart from each other, i've been stuck at 1,420 for like 3 days :(

View Your Reviews (4,234)
(With Responses Only (1,427))

Well, I wonder if I should stop reviewing for a few days for my 100 responses or try to speed up on reviewing.

nah, never stop at a milestone... EVER. its not that great plus you can fall behind if its like b/p or something like that...

Oh, and my response rate:

37%

thats sick. my ultimate goal was always to reach 33.333%, and i did it a few months ago, i was so happy :)
but it was a major jump from 33.31 to around 33.8.... so i never got a screen shot.
but now its dropping a LOT because im not getting much responses these days, at the moment it stands at
33.703.... at the beginning of yesterday it was 33.78 :(

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-04-14 02:48:18

Haven't done that much, been on newgrounds for hours but have only written 10 reviews. Better try harder.

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-04-14 09:53:44

Ok every one, it seems a little to early to have anither update, but there seems to be some confusion so here it is.

Rules would be simple enough,
1. dont spam... much
2. dont flame
3. post links to artists that respond alot
4. post semi-regularly

Bob-omb
Carmelhadinosaur
Perry-Clock
_Guardian_
_MessiaH_
Wustfull

1. turbosquad
2. mister_maggot
3. Dustminion
4. inertiacPulse
5. XwaynecoltX
6. NewgroundsSPG
7. -Frank-
8. Hiei1
9. Rensen
10. Jamie_McGuire
11. NasFlash
12. Tiger_Chick
13. MasterStalker
14. Bahamut7
15. Crimson-Nova
16. Andersson
17. majorblood
18. eskimokiddie
19. UltraGhost
20. M-A-R-C-U-S
21.Siezure Dog

Each person is rated three times. Quality, Quantity and how many responses they get. A quality review is one that is at the very least 5 lines long.

For each review you get an automatic 1 point. If it is a quality review you get another point. you get even another point if you get a response.

Levels by Quantity and Quality

1) 0+
2)25+
3) 50+
4) 100+
5) 150+
6) 200+
7) 250+
8) 300+
9) 400+
10) 500+
11) 750+
12) 1000+
13) 1250+
14) 1500+
15) 2000+
16) 2500+
17) 3000+
18) 3500+
19) 4000+
20) 5000+

Levels by Author Responses
1) o+
2) 25+
3) 50+
4) 75+
5) 100+
6) 125+
7) 150+
8) 175+
9) 200+
10) 225+
11) 250
12) 275
13) 300
14) 325
15) 350
16) 375
17) 400
18) 425
19) 450
20) 500

Ok, I hope this clears up some of the comfusion. Sorry UltraGhost, I missed you, but now I added you so it isnt an issue any more.

Soory Marcus, I have to gradually build the levels so it doesnt seem to overwelming to the smaller guys.

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2005-04-14 10:31:46

At 4/14/05 09:53 AM, MasterStalker wrote: Ok every one, it seems a little to early to have anither update, but there seems to be some confusion so here it is.

you havent cleared much up for me 0_o...

+XwaynecoltX, he responds to ALL.

Each person is rated three times. Quality, Quantity and how many responses they get. A quality review is one that is at the very least 5 lines long.

simple enough.

For each review you get an automatic 1 point. If it is a quality review you get another point. you get even another point if you get a response.

who the fuck judges how many quality reviews you have?
this is the third time im asking this, SO ANSWER ME ALREADY.
WHO COUNTS ALL OUR REVIEWS TO TELL US HOW MANY 'QUALITY' POINTS WE HAVE? MM?

Levels by Quantity and Quality
20) 5000+

ey atleast i fit in there, but XwaynecoltX has 10,000 reviews. hes a member, isnt he?

Levels by Author Responses
20) 500

i have 1,400.... how do you calculate THAT level?

Soory Marcus, I have to gradually build the levels so it doesnt seem to overwelming to the smaller guys.

just do it like this.

lvl 20) 5000+
---------
---------
lvl 21) 6000+
lvl 22) 7000+
lvl 23) 8000+
lvl 24) 9000+
lvl 25) 10,000+

::where the '---------' lines represent the change from middle class leage to ultra leage or whatever you want to call it :) haha.

or just do it however you please up to 25-30 levels or whatever.

seems good dude.
im just confused about the whole 'quality' idea..
sorry about all the caps, i just want my question answered...
broke 1,430! w00t! haha.

View Your Reviews (4,238)
(With Responses Only (1,431))