00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

gabmaster5 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

1,783,729 Views | 34,324 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-05-25 13:32:16

so i just ordered this mixer "Numark MixTrack Pro II". Anyone know if this thing was really worth $299.95? I make electro/dubstep music and was just looking for something to help me out with transitioning from one song to the next at future shows and was thinking of incorporating some mixing as well. I understand there's free software for that but it looks kind of shady when you have a live dj performing with nothing but a macbook pro on a milkcrate lol. (completely off topic->) I also got the galaxy S4 for verizon 2 days ago and i'm really friggin happy with it so far :)

The Audio Forum Lounge

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-05-25 16:35:39

Hi guys, I don't know why I keep checking in here every so often but I can't quite give it up (despite how inane some of the discussions are). Also, I'm in Manhattan for the summer :)

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-05-25 16:41:43

At 5/25/13 04:35 PM, Nav wrote: Hi guys, I don't know why I keep checking in here every so often but I can't quite give it up (despite how inane some of the discussions are). Also, I'm in Manhattan for the summer :)

ohai nav. newgrounds is having a meet up in june 21-jun22 in nyc if you are around.

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-05-25 17:09:18

At 5/25/13 01:32 PM, Acataleptik wrote: so i just ordered this mixer "Numark MixTrack Pro II". Anyone know if this thing was really worth $299.95?

..isn't that what you normally ask before you buy something?

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-05-25 17:16:13

At 5/25/13 05:09 PM, FairSquare wrote:
At 5/25/13 01:32 PM, Acataleptik wrote: so i just ordered this mixer "Numark MixTrack Pro II". Anyone know if this thing was really worth $299.95?

I was gonna say the same thing... usually you want to ask if something is worth the price BEFORE you commit your money to it.

But hey... if you've got the money to spare, by all means, find out on your own, our opinions don't really make a difference now that you've already bought it.

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-05-25 19:31:44

At 5/25/13 05:16 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
At 5/25/13 05:09 PM, FairSquare wrote:
I was gonna say the same thing... usually you want to ask if something is worth the price BEFORE you commit your money to it.

But hey... if you've got the money to spare, by all means, find out on your own, our opinions don't really make a difference now that you've already bought it.

Thanks you guys helped a lot... now i can sleep tonight... (said me very sarcastically lol). it's not like i didn't do any homework on the product at all.. and compared to other ones, this one was pretty affordable for it's quality.. plus i'm actually really good at managing my money, i do have a job and live on my own and do well for myself.. what i was REALLY looking for was a response from someone with some EXPERIENCE with mixers and similar gears and an opinion on whether or not this is a good piece of equipment to start off with.. i should have been more specific in my original post..

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-05-25 20:00:22

thinking of changing my name from rhoder to Metalax. My music is starting to lean towards drum & bass now instead of ambient. I've been using the tag Meta for a lot of RTS games for the past couple of years - which is how I came up with this one.

does anyone disagree with this new approach of my new image? or do you all support it?

I just made a soundcloud if you all want to follow :D I'll follow back, promise!

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-05-25 21:49:37

Next time you want to buy DJ gear new, come to me instead. I'm the DJ manager at a guitar center. I woulda sold that to you for 264.99 new in box...just saying.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-05-25 23:48:00

At 5/25/13 09:49 PM, Breed wrote:
Next time you want to buy DJ gear new, come to me instead. I'm the DJ manager at a guitar center. I woulda sold that to you for 264.99 new in box...just saying.

Thank you for a more intelligent input, i will ask you next time i need advice :)

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-05-25 23:59:53

At 5/25/13 07:31 PM, Acataleptik wrote: what i was REALLY looking for was a response from someone with some EXPERIENCE with mixers and similar gears and an opinion on whether or not this is a good piece of equipment to start off with..

And we were just saying you should do that BEFORE you buy... not after.

I didn't give you any input, because I have 0 experience with DJ Gear in general... the closest I have is my APC40, which I only got recently and haven't learned all the ins and outs of.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-05-26 00:39:51

Oh, and just for some feedback. The mixtrack is pretty legit for its price. Two things about it make it worth it, one being that it comes with serato dj and not stupid itch or scratch live, and the other being the MPC pads built in (Numark and Akai are brother companies so its actually MPC pads in that thing)...just be careful because the only stupid thing with the mixtrack is that they put the pads right over the platters instead of under them like most controllers, and its quite easy to accidentally hit the platter with your hand and throw a track off beat.

At the moment for the price nothing is really better. The S2 when it lowers price more would compete though. The Behringer CMD controllers that have yet to come out will however top that set up with a comparable price tag.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-05-26 01:13:19

At 5/25/13 04:41 PM, Sequenced wrote: ohai nav. newgrounds is having a meet up in june 21-jun22 in nyc if you are around.

I will very likely be around then. However, if it's just a NG general meetup, I'm not sure I want to attend... it'll probably be mostly 14 year olds :|

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-05-26 01:36:34

At 5/26/13 01:13 AM, Nav wrote:
At 5/25/13 04:41 PM, Sequenced wrote: ohai nav. newgrounds is having a meet up in june 21-jun22 in nyc if you are around.
I will very likely be around then. However, if it's just a NG general meetup, I'm not sure I want to attend... it'll probably be mostly 14 year olds :|

that's not true actually. I've been to quite a few and all of them are of drinking age or between 18-21.

it's a fun time. if not, we could just chill whenever you want and talk about music shit ^___^

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-05-26 03:21:59

At 5/26/13 12:39 AM, Breed wrote:
At the moment for the price nothing is really better. The S2 when it lowers price more would compete though. The Behringer CMD controllers that have yet to come out will however top that set up with a comparable price tag.

well thanks once again, yeah i noticed that about the placement of the pads and wondered why it was different. and i will have to check out the Behringer CMD you speak of

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-05-26 03:30:00

At 5/25/13 11:59 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
At 5/25/13 07:31 PM, Acataleptik wrote:
And we were just saying you should do that BEFORE you buy... not after.

I didn't give you any input, because I have 0 experience with DJ Gear in general... the closest I have is my APC40, which I only got recently and haven't learned all the ins and outs of.

i understand, it's cool.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-05-27 02:47:25

Anybody want to earn a really, really easy $5? Must be US resident for this. If interested, please PM me and I'll give you details.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-05-27 02:53:55

At 5/27/13 02:47 AM, The-iMortal wrote: Anybody want to earn a really, really easy $5? Must be US resident for this. If interested, please PM me and I'll give you details.

And no, this is not a scam lol.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-05-27 05:45:13

At 5/27/13 02:10 AM, Corbetto wrote: What's a soundfont? Is it another word for plug in?
I'm confused D:

nope, it's not a different name for plugin
it's a font (derp), but instead for words it's for sound.

that's the best i can think of sorry
also, you'll only need one plugin that uses soundfonts to use any
soundfonts are also used when you play MIDI files in WMP or VLC player or some other media player

Bandcamp | Ko-Fi | John Wall of Sound's Bandcamp

one of these days i'll have a proper website lmao

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-05-27 13:38:14

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-05-27 13:52:13

At 5/27/13 01:38 PM, Step wrote: I'm proud to live in Malta, the country with the hot beaches and thick Maltese accents.

And the peoples. Can't forget the peoples.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-05-27 17:15:29

Chrome's spell-checker just randomly underlined "a lot" in an email I was writing and I saw "alot" written as a suggestion when I right-clicked on what I wrote.

I'm considering changing browser because of that.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-05-27 17:52:28

At 5/27/13 05:22 PM, Corbetto wrote: Still doesn't make much sense to me D:

A soundfont is just a bunch of sound files packaged up nicely and set up to play different files depending on which notes you hit. A classic example of a soundfont is the MIDI standard, but others exist. They've been around since the 90s and aren't used so much anymore as processor speed and disk space has gone up. Further info.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-05-28 05:40:50

ALOT.
I wouldn't blame the browser as much as the people behind the spellcheck language file.

The Audio Forum Lounge

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-05-28 19:18:44

I'm on acedemic probation now yay fuck me

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-05-28 21:10:52

How do you guys deal with music block. I'm suffering from a bad case of it.

Check out my stuff in order to win a free hug

Click here for my cool music and stuff

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-05-28 22:01:42

At 5/28/13 09:10 PM, XToxicReaper wrote: How do you guys deal with music block. I'm suffering from a bad case of it.

take a break

take a kit-kat

Bandcamp | Ko-Fi | John Wall of Sound's Bandcamp

one of these days i'll have a proper website lmao

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-05-28 23:31:14

At 5/28/13 10:01 PM, Yoshiii343 wrote:
At 5/28/13 09:10 PM, XToxicReaper wrote: How do you guys deal with music block. I'm suffering from a bad case of it.
take a break

take a kit-kat

Gaah I guess thats a good option. I just feel weird thats it the summer and I can't make crap at all...

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-05-28 23:32:45

At 5/28/13 11:31 PM, XToxicReaper wrote:
take a break

take a kit-kat
Gaah I guess thats a good option. I just feel weird thats it the summer and I can't make crap at all...

I've taken a break (And a few kit-kats) since January... And I still have writers block.

Need better solution pl0x.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-05-28 23:37:40

At 5/28/13 11:32 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
At 5/28/13 11:31 PM, XToxicReaper wrote:
take a break

take a kit-kat
I've taken a break (And a few kit-kats) since January... And I still have writers block.

Need better solution pl0x.

Well if that's the case it time for me to learn how to play the piano. Maybe that will get me into music making spirit I desperately desire .

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2013-05-28 23:45:11

At 5/28/13 11:37 PM, XToxicReaper wrote:
Well if that's the case it time for me to learn how to play the piano. Maybe that will get me into music making spirit I desperately desire .

I recommend learning the piano.