00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

KiichigoInu just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

1,791,951 Views | 34,319 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-14 17:27:53

At 9/14/12 05:10 PM, FairSquare wrote: There's this super cute girl at my school and she sings in a band.. i've been interested in her from day one, but i never really had an opportunity to talk to her. And yesterday, out of no where, she added me on Facebook and today while walking to the train station i got to talk to her.. she asked me if i have a girlfriend and i asked her if she has a boyfriend.

That sounds like a great opportunity, dude. I wish I had those kinds of things happen to me.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-14 17:45:48

Facebook is a great way to talk to people. You should talk to her on Facebook and get to know her a bit. Then, when the time is right, ask her out to eat somewhere, grab a cup of coffee, you know, stuff like that. Im using facebook to get to know girls, clients, business partners, and friends. Its a great tool and less awkward than texting, in my opinion. Good luck square :D

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-14 17:50:46

At 9/14/12 05:45 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: Facebook is a great way to talk to people. You should talk to her on Facebook and get to know her a bit. Then, when the time is right, ask her out to eat somewhere, grab a cup of coffee, you know, stuff like that. Im using facebook to get to know girls, clients, business partners, and friends. Its a great tool and less awkward than texting, in my opinion. Good luck square :D

Although Facebook can be a useful tool, i still prefer to get to know people face-to-face. I don't really use facebook chat.
Either way, she gonna be mine >:-D And thanks ^___^

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-14 20:01:09

At 9/14/12 05:45 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: Facebook is a great way to talk to people.

Man, I can't stand that shit. I even deleted my Facebook account because of the whole fakeness.

Don't get me wrong, I love instant messaging for talking with close friends, but if I was trying to kick it off with a chick I had just met, I'd have to do it face to face. I mean, if chatting online is your ONLY option, then yes, go for it. But to miss the opportunities to talk face to face, and to only talk to them online, I find quite cowardly and never as satisfactory.

And one thing that can be very annoying, is that text can never be interpreted the right way. With close friends that know you, this is alright. However, what you type may come across as something totally different to someone who does not know you very well.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-14 20:19:23

I have learned how to create megaman style toms and such in famitracker, but by god I got the idea of trying to emulate the protoman whistle but I just can't! im so hard pressed on this for some reason. I mean, if im going to practice some stuff I may as well practice on a simple jingle right?

AAAAARGH! I have screwed around with the arpegio and pitch but to no avail! Then again I don't know what 1-15 does anyway soo...

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-15 00:07:19

oh shit durnk postt

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-15 00:13:45

At 9/15/12 12:07 AM, Sequenced wrote: oh shit durnk postt

Make sure you didn't take any roofies

I'm just a dreamer.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-15 00:26:24

At 9/15/12 12:13 AM, sweet21 wrote:

herpies

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-15 00:31:28

At 9/15/12 12:26 AM, Sequenced wrote:
herpies

drink more, pussy

p.s. i am gay

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-15 00:36:30

At 9/15/12 12:31 AM, midimachine wrote:
herpies
drink more, pussy

r u realy gay?

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-15 00:38:04

At 9/15/12 12:36 AM, Sequenced wrote:
At 9/15/12 12:31 AM, midimachine wrote:
herpies
drink more, pussy
r u realy gay?

ooh are you coming on to me? ;)

p.s. i am gay

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-15 00:41:13

At 9/15/12 12:38 AM, midimachine wrote:

ooh are you coming on to me? ;)

i dont swing tghat way bro

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-15 01:42:26

At 9/14/12 04:51 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: Infected Mushroom are now on the top 10 DJs in the world.

This makes me feel fantastic.

Shame on you for taking this long to make one of these.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-15 12:57:42

At 9/14/12 04:51 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote:
Well Sequenced, if it makes you feel any better, Infected Mushroom are now on the top 10 DJs in the world. Fuck yeah. They only play in the Middle East though... :C

I saw them in Kansas City, MO within the last two years lol :P

At 1/16/12 03:08 AM, Xyresic wrote: EchozAurora: The SEXY Audio Mod. (2019 edit lol not anymoar)

Check out soundcloud.com/echozaurora for more recent songs and DJ mixes!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-15 13:20:03

At 9/15/12 01:42 AM, SuperBastard wrote:
At 9/14/12 04:51 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: Infected Mushroom are now on the top 10 DJs in the world.
This makes me feel fantastic.

Shame on you for taking this long to make one of these.

I don't even know who you are lol.

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-15 13:29:11

At 9/15/12 12:57 PM, EchozAurora wrote:
Well Sequenced, if it makes you feel any better, Infected Mushroom are now on the top 10 DJs in the world. Fuck yeah. They only play in the Middle East though... :C

yeah they're playing the stereosonic festival here in oz pretty soon. i don't get the middle east comment :v

p.s. i am gay

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-15 13:37:56

At 9/15/12 01:20 PM, Sequenced wrote: I don't even know who you are lol.

I've been in and out of the audio forum lounge for the past hundred pages. Hi, I'm SuperBastard.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-15 16:11:14

At 9/15/12 01:37 PM, SuperBastard wrote: Hi, I'm SuperBastard.

yes, yes you are

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-15 20:03:15

At 9/15/12 12:57 PM, EchozAurora wrote:

WHAT. No wai. Well ok, next time they play near me we should go! (or at least tell me so i can go and throw my hot pink panties at them)

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-15 20:05:54

Well, ill be checking this infected mushroom tour date page frequently then, durp.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-15 22:10:56

sex

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-15 22:18:57

At 9/15/12 08:05 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: Well, ill be checking this infected mushroom tour date page frequently then, durp.

Fuck shit fuck they were a 5 hour drive from me yesterday and I had no idea...

At 9/15/12 10:10 PM, Sequenced wrote: sex

No thanks man, I have a headache.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-15 23:25:25

I hate hormones. I want to hold the chines girl I met and I cant stop thinking of her LOL GOD DAMMIT FML.

In other news, Im putting together a GIANT list of MAC VST / AU tools and posting the GIANT list here on the forums for everyones reference. I am posting up tutorials for each tool as well as videos and site links. It will be very extensive and very efficient. It gives me something to do while the grand ole FridayFox gets this NG CD put in many online stores. Once he does that I have another GIANT thread prepared for the NG CD :3

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-15 23:25:52

this bloke...

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-15 23:48:02

At 9/15/12 11:25 PM, The-iMortal wrote:
this bloke...

I found it pretty hilarious how that was the first post on the new page....

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-16 00:08:49

LOL

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-16 01:40:45

Kingbastard has a new album out called "Pop Goes The People". I figured I would go ahead and leave my full review of the album up here. His music really amazes me...

Pop Goes The People Review

Everytime you release a new album I truly am moved more than I am by any other album I own. I constantly listen to music, since I practically need it while driving. Your style is constantly changing. It is almost as if this is composed completely by different people. I truly am shocked you are able to put everything together so nicely and quickly. Your produce so elegantly with so much emotion. Every pluck of your guitar strings, every melodic synth, and the entire symbolic representation of life in each of our perspectives in the frequent use of pads all come together to truly make a musical experience. I smile when listening to your music, as I do with this album. Your simple lyric style is very addictive, offering a definite replay value, again and again. I find myself replaying your songs, singing along while closing my eyes and shaking my head back and forth to the nice beat. Let's take a moment to break down each song.

Start to Begin

What an intro! I immediately understand the theme of this album when I hear that guitar come in. The less observed perceptions of life are offered in a bright universe portrayed with singing, guitar playing, and light, easy lyrics to tie everything together. You have a great voice, isolating me into my own little world against the chaos of everyday life. I can truly observe a vision of sorts, as if you are taking me out of my seat and showing me the world on a different level. I enjoy the interesting and original electronic additions to this song, along with every other song. I never know what to expect. Excellent mixing, sounds, and composition. I can't wait to see what is next in this little world of yours.

Treefella

Ahh yes, the Treefella EP, a song about wondering and waiting for someone to come join you in your tree. I remember hearing this in your album "Treefella". The entire song is recorded with a lot of headroom, making the lyrics a little hard to understand. I have grown quite fond of that, however, and find myself playing it on long trips across the State. It always offers a happier look on isolation for me. If I'm alone, I feel like I am simply waiting in my tree for someone else to come along and join me in my world. The thing is, being alone in a tree isn't all that bad. You get to overlook the entire world while keeping your head up. I enjoy this song, and it is my favorite on your treefella album.

Birdspotter

I see you have gotten much better in live recordings, improving from the slightly hard to understand Treefella. This song REALLY made me smile. You sure know how to play different styles of guitars! I am very impressed by just how many riffs, acoustic melodies, and electric slides you put in here. You have quite a lot of talent to play all of that and layer it accordingly. If this is ever played live by a few capable guitar players, I would love to hear it! It is the kind of song that makes you want to get up, talk to people, have a bit of fun, and dance till the sun goes down.

C.O.W.A.R.D

This is a touching song full of regret for your own self awareness of flaws, seemingly impossible to change. The pad that comes in after 1:30 is incredible. This kind of electronic buildup and transition is the kind of unexpected, simply wonderful and amazing ingenuity that really makes me open my mouth wide and say "wow". After this, it is almost as if the feeling of acceptance overtakes my body. Its ok to have flaws. Its ok to be you. Ironically enough, this track ends without any show to change the problem. This is what traps the track in time in a artistic and beautiful way.

Dust Yourself Down

After hearing this song I realize this album is telling a story of love. Pick yourself up again, dust yourself off, and move on from your mistakes. Don't be a coward any longer, don't fool around and get depressed, just start over and be happy again. I am really starting to get the idea now. Everyone feels this way at one point or another. It is a almost hopeless feeling that corrodes the mind and makes us drive endlessly through the world, confused and bewildered. This is a nice recollection of those thoughts, driving us more towards the right direction in a relaxing, friendly world where we can laugh and start our lives again until the day comes when we find that certain, special feeling we have been searching for.

Just Let Go

"Just breathe go and just let it go," is exactly what I take away from this sunny track. I felt the track was overpowering towards the end, but I loved it that way. It really brought tears to my eyes. A powerful track with a powerful and easy to understand statement. The ending isâEU¦ just great. Really, it is just great. Man, really great.

Honey

I have been waiting to listen to this track for a while. I heard about it in your news post and I must say, I am already impressed 30 seconds in. It is slower and smoother that any other track in this album, focusing on the details of the acoustical harmony mixed with the isolated lyrics with a hint of insanity. Honey is a metaphor with an interesting idea. It is the name we call the one we love, yet it is also, in this case, a sticky, hard to get off substance that sticks to our mind. I feel like I'm traveling through space in this one, overlooking my problems in a sea of honey. I completely know what it feels like to grow so attached to someone, that you feel like your going insane. This is almost a contradiction to the other tracks, a degrade in progress from the attitude the others give, yet It is also accurate to many of our experiences.

Waiting for Weightlessness

Rich and warm tunes collide together in a magical way, making me feel like I'm floating in this tune. It is very true, we all are waiting, pondering, and hoping for weightlessness from our emotions. We don't want to be hold down by an overwhelming feeling anymore. Sometimes we just want to let go and float gracefully towards the sky, leaving everything behind as if it never existed. I can easily let go of the entire world by this point in the album. The lyrics are a little hard to understand here, but I completely understand what you are going for. The style is very inspiring to not only my musical ideas, but to my long term life feelings as well. I will let go of all the weight.

Hello Alien Sun

This is the only song I don't like in the album because of all the dissonance. It is constantly ringing and sounds combine together in a very chaotic way. It really needs a big clean up, a lowering of the volumes, and a massive subtraction of all the noise. I can barely understand anything that is going on here. Then again, you may have done this on purpose. As a song, I don't very much enjoy it, but I like the possible message of frustration and anger you leave behind. You should re-record this track in my opinion, because there are other ways to represent these darker, alien feelings.

All in all, this entire album is a representation of love, life, and getting over your feelings to better improve yourself as a human being. Ironically enough, the narrator in the album never does get over his feelings. In fact, he progresses down the road of insanity and slowly watches his world tear apart around him. This radiates pure feelings of isolation, sadness, and regret, while at the same time bringing pure happiness, peace, and understatement into my heart. I feel the best of both worlds. It is dark, full of floaty guitar riffs and impactful lyrics that take you into another dimension, yet light, with head bobbing acoustical melodies and wonderful electronic progressions. Everyone should give this album a listen. It is extremely well made, original and conceptual to the artists interpretations and raw emotions drawn out in waveform. Kingbastard, you always touch my heart and shake my brain with amazing, different music specific to your own, slight pushes towards your thoughts on the world. Please, never stop making music.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-16 12:32:15

Today the guinea pig me and some friends gave to a friend as a birthday present joke died. He lived for a good 2 years since the birthday. May he rest in peace.

btw we named him Faggot

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-16 13:31:21

At 9/16/12 12:32 PM, LiquidOoze wrote: Today the guinea pig me and some friends gave to a friend as a birthday present joke died. He lived for a good 2 years since the birthday. May he rest in peace.

btw we named him Faggot

R.I.P, Faggot.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-09-16 14:17:55

At 9/16/12 01:31 PM, SuperBastard wrote:
At 9/16/12 12:32 PM, LiquidOoze wrote: Today the guinea pig me and some friends gave to a friend as a birthday present joke died. He lived for a good 2 years since the birthday. May he rest in peace.

btw we named him Faggot
R.I.P, Faggot.

may god bless 'im in heven

Bandcamp | Ko-Fi | John Wall of Sound's Bandcamp

one of these days i'll have a proper website lmao