00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LOCKdev just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

1,783,548 Views | 34,324 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-07-26 20:22:34

At 7/26/12 07:54 PM, Breed wrote: Cant make the case that either of us are being looked at as overqualified either because over the course of the last year or so I've applied to all these places 3-5 times each time with different methodology every time.

^^^^^ This is for you, InvisibleObserver. ^^^^^^

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-07-26 20:26:42

At 7/26/12 08:23 PM, LaForge wrote: nail on the head. i see this all the time.

Oh yeah, about you... if you're as much as a dick in real life as your are on the net, then it's no wonder you can't get a job. Employers don't want to hire people who are going to cause chaos.

if I wasn't gonna say it, somebody else would.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-07-26 20:56:11

At 7/26/12 08:34 PM, Braiton wrote: I don't know about employers, but if I were one, I'd hire any of you if you took a duck to the interview.
That is all.

Does the duck have to be alive?

Audio/BBS Mod

News: Bye bye Skype - Music: Tonight Will Be The Night- Art: Kira

\/\/\/ Click the sig for fun times! \/\/\/

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-07-26 20:59:05

At 7/26/12 08:29 PM, LaForge wrote: I don't even know you, who the fuck are you to call me a dick?

Just some innocent bystander.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-07-26 21:46:55

At 7/26/12 08:26 PM, The-iMortal wrote: Oh yeah, about you... if you're as much as a dick in real life as your are on the net, then it's no wonder you can't get a job. Employers don't want to hire people who are going to cause chaos.

stfu u dont talk shit about lafgore

Anyways, it's a shame you guys can't find jobs, you're all much more deserving than I am to be working. I didn't graduate high school and I had nothing to show that I'm a reliable and hard worker, yet right as I turned in my application, the manager scheduled an interview, and I've been working ever since.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-07-26 21:52:12

At 7/26/12 09:46 PM, Knoxius wrote: stfu u dont talk shit about lafgore

Agreed, LaForge is my hero. ...Sorry whoever was my hero last week, you've been replaced.

Anyways, it's a shame you guys can't find jobs, you're all much more deserving than I am to be working. I didn't graduate high school and I had nothing to show that I'm a reliable and hard worker, yet right as I turned in my application, the manager scheduled an interview, and I've been working ever since.

School really doesn't mean shit when it comes to getting a job unless it's something super specific... And even then, the schooling can hurt you just as much as it could help you... If you can't get into the field you want after like 4-7 years of schooling for it, no where else will hire you because you're probably overqualified.

It's not your knowledge that gets you a good job anyways, it's your connections, a company will take someone on a recommendation from someone higher up the food chain with 0 experience any day over someone who is actually qualified to do the work but doesn't have a recommendation.

It's not what you know, it's who you know.

Yes, I have issues with the way society works.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-07-26 22:18:27

At 7/26/12 10:08 PM, LaForge wrote:
At 7/26/12 09:52 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote:
At 7/26/12 09:46 PM, Knoxius wrote: stfu u dont talk shit about lafgore
Agreed, LaForge is my hero. ...Sorry whoever was my hero last week, you've been replaced.
your new level icon makes you look like an anime hillbilly. <3

I KNOW...

I miss my gauntlet...

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-07-26 22:19:45

At 7/26/12 10:18 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: I KNOW...

I miss my gauntlet...

NYAH NYAH!

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-07-27 03:06:46

I hear michigan has a really big lake or something.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-07-27 07:18:10

why is there no low end in any version of this song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VALq07gJZcI

seriously why would breakbot make this song like this.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-07-27 07:29:42

At 7/27/12 07:18 AM, jpbear wrote: why is there no low end in any version of this song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VALq07gJZcI

seriously why would breakbot make this song like this.

could be all in the sub, im on shiet small speakers atm.

still a very weird choice

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-07-27 07:30:51

At 7/27/12 07:18 AM, jpbear wrote: why is there no low end in any version of this song.

There is low-end... the kick just doesn't kick as hard so the low end is more focused on the bass line. It goes well with the mix. Funky track too.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-07-27 08:07:51

Funny shit

Okay, so i've known this girl for a while. A couple of days ago she texted me and the subject was soon changed (by her) into her being fat :|
Ridiculous discussion followed resulting in her trying to change my words so that she could say that she's fat and thus she was going to lose weight. Okay.
So i found this funny and texted it to a friend of mine. Or so i thought. I sent the text to her by accident :')

So she went on about 'i thought we were friends' and shit like that and now i'm getting to hear what a pathetic person i am while she's involving shit that's way more serious than a couple of texts about her saying she's fat.

And i thought i had grown out of that high-school drama..

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-07-27 09:45:30

Jobs

Our Maths teacher didn't even let us get a job this summer. He said that this summer is the most important summer of our academic development (while simultaneously giving us hundreds of pages worth of Maths homework) and that getting a job will be the worst mistake we've ever done in our lives.

In a way he's right - I wouldn't have had any time. Other than all that Maths homework (which I have very nearly finished, thankfully) I've got two massive music projects, one smaller music project, one ENORMOUS programming project, one substantially large systems of knowledge project, minor philosophy and English work, and, of course, the NGADM.

I predict at least 350 hours of school/music work left to do this summer (if I'm lucky). That's more work/stress than any part-time summer job will ever give me.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-07-27 12:01:40

At 7/27/12 09:16 AM, Chronamut wrote: ...am I the only person here who ACTUALLY has a job?

I own an international corporation and work in my highest passion, what do you do?

=P

dont say actually make money, cuz...fuck you haha

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-07-27 12:11:54

At 7/27/12 11:38 AM, LaForge wrote: Your egocentric attitude disgusts me. You take everything personally and blow shit out of proportion.

Pot, this is Kettle. Over.

innocent bystander

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-07-27 12:28:49

just got my wisdom teeth pulled out this morning. I'm going to make some music while on anesthetic now. teehee

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-07-27 14:34:47

At 7/27/12 12:28 PM, Sequenced wrote: just got my wisdom teeth pulled out this morning. I'm going to make some music while on anesthetic now. teehee

All 4 fit to my mouth, great success! No pain for me.

: What? No I won't level up, I like my watergun.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-07-27 15:54:49

At 7/27/12 12:14 PM, Braiton wrote: Thread needs more ducks.

Kill it with fire!

The Audio Forum Lounge

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-07-27 17:24:20

are you guys done acting like a bunch of dorks now?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-07-27 17:26:25

At 7/27/12 05:24 PM, jarrydn wrote: are you guys done acting like a bunch of dorks now?

Acting? That hurts...

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-07-27 18:35:54

personally im really proud of my posts and sign-up date.

is that normal?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-07-27 18:38:52

At 7/27/12 06:35 PM, jarrydn wrote: personally im really proud of my posts and sign-up date.

is that normal?

Jarry... don't post anymore... you just hit a really cool post count... 7777... It will be forever lost if you post again!

On another note... I don't really care about my posts/sign up date... Most of the reason I don't wanna lose this account is cause it's kind of like my home page for my fans.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-07-27 18:56:46

At 7/27/12 06:38 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: On another note... I don't really care about my posts/sign up date... Most of the reason I don't wanna lose this account is cause it's kind of like my home page for my fans.

fuck yeah 7,777. someone screencap this shit for me

The Audio Forum Lounge

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-07-27 19:13:59

At 7/27/12 06:56 PM, jarrydn wrote:
At 7/27/12 06:38 PM, Back-From-Purgatory wrote: On another note... I don't really care about my posts/sign up date... Most of the reason I don't wanna lose this account is cause it's kind of like my home page for my fans.
fuck yeah 7,777. someone screencap this shit for me

Oh, you tricky bugger, you.

Audio/BBS Mod

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-07-27 19:16:29

At 7/27/12 05:42 PM, LaForge wrote: If you guys care more about the portal than your own posts and sign-up date,

not understanding this logic...

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-07-27 19:30:41

At 7/27/12 07:25 PM, LaForge wrote: Here's my logic: I've been here since 2002, been posting music since 2007. The state of the portal means a lot more to me than the posts I've made on this account, or what year I signed up. I want musicians who have been here as long as I have, as well as new artists looking for a home, to have a decent place to share ideas and get feedback.

i have another site for my stuff, my soundcloud.

I don't have to tell you all the shit that's wrong with the portal, you know. Does it not make you feel disrespected or tossed aside? If the only way to improve the state of the portal is to take your music down until it's actually worth having it there, why wouldn't you do it?

the...'only' way? i dunno man go for it if you believe in it or whatever, i'm just here for the banter. when tom wants to do something with the audio portal, he'll do something about it. i'm sure he has more important things to worry about dude

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-07-27 19:30:55

At 7/27/12 12:34 PM, Braiton wrote:
At 7/27/12 12:28 PM, Sequenced wrote: just got my wisdom teeth pulled out this morning. I'm going to make some music while on anesthetic now. teehee
I had all 4 removed in February. The real pain begins when the anesthetic goes away.
I wouldn't recommend sleeping the first couple of hours (if you do, do it facing upwards) unless you want to wake up in a pool of blood.

I was passed out for an hour after the surgery. I am comfortable with the drug that they put you to sleep with, because I've had many in the past. I stayed up for roughly three hours before I slept again. After that, I went back to the doctor to get my mouth cleaned and he gave me more numbing medicine. 4 hours later, I toook my first pain killer. It's quite relaxing, actually lol.

Had my first milkshake (vanilla, chocolate, peanut butter, and choc syrup), an hour before the pk. tasted lovely. I'm going to make a fruit milk shake later tonight.

This isn't so bad right now. It's just going to be a pain not having to bruch my teeth for two days and learning how to eat with a couple holes in my mouth. Oh btw, I had 5 teeth taken out because I had an extra litlle " saber tooth" on the top of my mouth. weird.

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-07-27 19:39:13

At 7/27/12 07:25 PM, LaForge wrote:
At 7/27/12 07:16 PM, jpbear wrote:
At 7/27/12 05:42 PM, LaForge wrote: If you guys care more about the portal than your own posts and sign-up date,
not understanding this logic...
Here's my logic: I've been here since 2002, been posting music since 2007. The state of the portal means a lot more to me than the posts I've made on this account, or what year I signed up. I want musicians who have been here as long as I have, as well as new artists looking for a home, to have a decent place to share ideas and get feedback.

I don't have to tell you all the shit that's wrong with the portal, you know. Does it not make you feel disrespected or tossed aside? If the only way to improve the state of the portal is to take your music down until it's actually worth having it there, why wouldn't you do it?

Sometimes you just have to have faith that eventually things will be better (not like that did much for the Christians during the Roman Empire (Christians 0, Lions 15,000)... We all know eventually they'll realize we're still here and they'll do something (maybe).

A petition (or at least furry of friendly spam in the inboxes of the NG team) would have better effect than a bunch of good musicians just randomly leaving... Really, there are tons of flaws with the portal and always have been, but there are tons of flaws with everything in life (including life itself... hey, we only live to 100 and are very weak sacks of water and flesh that do a very good job at killing ourselves). There's no need to think "the only way to fix the problem is to run away [and thus let the problem continue, but not when I'm around]"... the only way to fix the problem is to remain firm and try to solve it diplomatically. If that doesn't work, yeah, we can all run away to Soundcloud and BandCamp and whatnot... but unless we know without a doubt that absolutely no one on the NG team cares about the Audio Portal, there's no need for extreme action.

My Music - Virtual Instruments - About Me

Orchestral Composer, VI Developer

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2012-07-27 19:41:11

At 7/27/12 07:25 PM, LaForge wrote: yo

id be the first to do something about the state of the portal,

but the only thing tom would get from this situation is that a couple rather reputable members got more butthurt than usual about the shittiness that is the audio portal, end of story. its happened before.