00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

1,783,434 Views | 34,324 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-04-29 12:36:10

At 4/29/11 09:28 AM, LogicalDefiance wrote: My best friend of 10 years died 4 years ago today. Makes it really hard to concentrate on school work. They say it takes twice as long as you knew someone to get over that persons death. I believe it.

Don't wallow in it. There's a time and a place for mourning. If you can't defer your feelings, then stop what you're doing and take some time out.

As for taking twice as long to get over it...I'm not really sure how that works? I think it depends on the circumstances surrounding the passing, but really, I don't think there is a such thing as "getting over it". Coming to terms with it? Sure, but I'd imagine that's already happened. You can integrate it, but you'll never get over it, unless you erase them from your memories, or gain some kind of deep, fundamental spiritual insight.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-04-29 13:53:09

At 4/29/11 09:28 AM, LogicalDefiance wrote: My best friend of 10 years died 4 years ago today. Makes it really hard to concentrate on school work. They say it takes twice as long as you knew someone to get over that persons death. I believe it.

All you can do now is live. You can't take back anything in life, everything's for a reason, despite the pain it brings

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-04-29 15:34:30

I prefer to just smoke weed til I stop thinkin about it or fall asleep. But thanks guys. Didnt mean to bring negative vibes into the lounge.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-04-29 15:45:15

At 4/29/11 03:34 PM, LogicalDefiance wrote: I prefer to just smoke weed til I stop thinkin about it or fall asleep. But thanks guys. Didnt mean to bring negative vibes into the lounge.

My long time friend died in a car crash earlier this year, and I'll tell you, it sucked for a long time, but eventually, you come to accept it. Though the first things that cross your mind is how unfair it is and what you could have done personally, it fades... Which is a sad thought, but honestly it's not what they would have wanted, they wouldn't want you to be unhappy because of them.

Siiigh, chelsea.

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:

the brilliant songs who create a production for music

Wat

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-04-29 16:24:48

At 4/29/11 03:34 PM, LogicalDefiance wrote: I prefer to just smoke weed til I stop thinkin about it or fall asleep. But thanks guys. Didnt mean to bring negative vibes into the lounge.

This is exactly what I did. I was baked out of my mind for two years straight, then I had a massive nervous breakdown and cried myself dry. I thought I was dying. I was terrified. It was long and drawn out. But you know what? I wouldn't change it for anything. I just kept myself numb until I was ready to face it, and I came out much better for it IMHO.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-04-29 16:48:07

I turned to heroin.

Shits great. Makes my teeth white and its a great way to stay in shape.

Wat

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-04-29 16:49:52

At 4/29/11 04:48 PM, Envy wrote: I turned to heroin.

Shits great. Makes my teeth white and its a great way to stay in shape.

forgot my picture

The Audio Forum Lounge

Wat

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-04-30 09:24:53

At 4/29/11 04:24 PM, jarrydn wrote:
I just kept myself numb until I was ready to face it, and I came out much better for it IMHO.

I so expected the opposite reaction. Like OMG you shouldnt do drugs to cope with things or something, but I'm glad I got a response like that. I'm not doing drugs to cope with it, just delaying my time to react to it, or at least I was for the first 3 years because I had 3 years of reoccuring dreams with her in it every night. Once they stopped, I stopped; rather stopped doing it for that reason at least.

Heroin was no fun for me. I'm all about the green.

Congas & Bongos

I bought some, and am taking formal lessons after a year of playing them already at my school. Anyone want some legit latin percussion in their music? Let me know!

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-04-30 12:29:38

At 4/30/11 12:14 PM, LaForge wrote: Am I the only one who's NOT done hard drugs here in the lounge? I've been a weed man since I was 13. I've probably smoked more hash than anyone here, but I've never ventured further into the drug scene.

Eventually I probably will, but certain ones I'll stay away from. Like heroine. I hear it's one of the most addictive drugs out there, they say "one hit and you're hooked". That kinda scares me.

Anyway, chim chimeroo, who the fuck cares about royal weddings.

I for one will never even attempt to touch anything like that, nevar,

Frankly, I see it as really none of a big deal this wedding cost over 2 million sterling, they could have done some kind of good with the money, but nooooo, let's give out ruby-encrusted lollipops as souvenirs.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-04-30 12:36:01

At 4/30/11 12:14 PM, LaForge wrote: Am I the only one who's NOT done hard drugs here in the lounge?

I've never done hard or soft drugs.
And i live in Holland.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-04-30 12:47:54

Is it me or most of the audiogrounders are offline on Pico Day?

Music is my passion , not my business.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-04-30 13:40:37

Heroin is all you need.

Literally, all you need, everything else comes second. Even living.

Wat

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-04-30 15:30:57

At 4/30/11 12:36 PM, FairSquare wrote:
At 4/30/11 12:14 PM, LaForge wrote: Am I the only one who's NOT done hard drugs here in the lounge?
I've never done hard or soft drugs.
And i live in Holland.

Holland?! Home of Armin Van Buuren, Afrojack and the Netherlands?! (Yes, I know, the lst one was sarcastic).

Lucky Nugget You are.

Envy, Drugs = Bad AFAIK.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-04-30 15:32:36

bad do whatever you want is what you just said.

I AM RAPPER ALYX I AM G EAZY I AM Z RO I AM THE KING OF THE GHETTO

ASK HOW

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-04-30 20:17:38

At 4/30/11 03:35 PM, Chronamut wrote: ive never done hard OR soft drugs, or even smoked.

I don't even eat food anymore. I just sprinkle crack on top of a hot dog, then shoot up on heroin and throw away the crack hot dog.

Wat

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-04-30 21:08:19

At 4/30/11 08:17 PM, Envy wrote:
At 4/30/11 03:35 PM, Chronamut wrote: ive never done hard OR soft drugs, or even smoked.
I don't even eat food anymore. I just sprinkle crack on top of a hot dog, then shoot up on heroin and throw away the crack hot dog.

Envy became the master of Zen and the Universe in this way.

The Audio Forum Lounge

bork bork bork

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-05-01 01:47:31

Oooooo

That list sure is lookin snazzy!

The Audio Forum Lounge

The Main Thing is to keep the Main, Thing the Main Thing.

Latest Song: Retraktion [House/Electro] / Latest Mix: Voltaicly Uncondensed

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-05-01 01:49:07

At 5/1/11 01:47 AM, djInTheDark wrote: Oooooo

ya ive been noticed that, wonder why they made such a minor change?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-05-01 01:56:28

Oh... My... GAWD!! The site redesign finally came, and it's all I could have ever wanted, loot at all of that text that they added to the genres!!!!!! It's beyond words how beautiful it is! I might have to stop posting music just because it is so magnificent in stature!

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-05-01 02:09:47

At 4/30/11 12:14 PM, LaForge wrote: Am I the only one who's NOT done hard drugs here in the lounge? I've been a weed man since I was 13. I've probably smoked more hash than anyone here, but I've never ventured further into the drug scene.

Eventually I probably will, but certain ones I'll stay away from. Like heroine. I hear it's one of the most addictive drugs out there, they say "one hit and you're hooked". That kinda scares me.

Anyway, chim chimeroo, who the fuck cares about royal weddings.

No, LaForge, I have never done "hard drugs".

But I can out drink any one of you, any day.

I find marijuana not worth it (and by 'it' I mean everything you can think of) and unsatisfying. It gives adverse effects and doesn't do jack shit for me. So fuck it, all I need are the classics: Tobacco and alcohol.

Also, I live in Heroine Central PA, where the Philly mob runs shit through and the stories I hear are very, very uncool.

So kiss me I'm shitfaced. I'm soaked, I'm soiled and brown in the trousers.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-05-01 02:15:13

classical music isnt always easy listening....

I DEMAND ANOTHER REDESIGN.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-05-01 02:52:14

At 4/30/11 03:35 PM, Chronamut wrote: and before jarrydn pops in with an angry "DRUGS ARE THEREPEUTIC BLAH BLAH BLAH" it's my choice and I think in the long run I'm prolly better off for it. :P

Don't flatter yourself, nothing you say makes me angry. And for as long as you continue to not bother me, I don't care about what you think, or what you do or don't put into your body.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-05-01 03:47:11

Aren't you on anti-anxiety meds and opiates? Those are both pretty hard drugs. Your pain meds are basically pharmaceutical grade heroin.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-05-01 04:12:16

At 5/1/11 02:52 AM, jarrydn wrote: Don't flatter yourself, nothing you say makes me angry.

Yeah, I think that's my job now.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-05-01 06:38:12

i only drink alcohol... no weed, no nicotine (stopped doing thatquite a few years back... other than the occational cig when i drink, but i try to avoid that).

drugs are drugs, be them pharmaceutical or illegal, when it comes down to it that's where alot of people see the difference... illegal street drugs i.e. heroin, cocaine meth etc. are by some still considered cool and whatnot. Not "omfg dis so kewl", but meeh, you guys probably understand what I mean.
I have quite a few friends who've had perscription drugs for depression or similiar, had a period myself where i possibly would've gotten that stuff if only i had gone to the shrink, but i never will know now... i hope :)
my drug is very simple, like the best solution sometimes is - i work out, or in any other way try to stay in shape. staying busy doing things that are within my creational capabilities is also therapeutic for me if i'm down, but i have a tendency of taking a too big of a bite. which lead to frustration, and possibly depression.

so i ain't doing no drugs, however, since 2-3 months back i'm doing 45min yoga 5-7 days/week as i don't have time to go out and work out properly (timevice a proper workou takes about the double time for me).
lewl

Wakka wakka

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-05-01 07:00:26

is yoga really a time-effective alternative to a workout for staying in shape though.

well, an alternative to half a workout I guess

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-05-01 07:07:53

Drugs

When you have a low blood pressure (I mean really really very low, like mine) you're always dizzy, the room is constantly spinning, if you close your eyes you feel like falling...etc, so, I'm constantly in need of coffee.
For me, to get high I just have to skip my morning coffee :))
Cheap and legal :)))
The funny thing is that if I drink red wine (which raise the blood pressure) I get more and more sober (at least with the first 3 glasses). Figure that !

On a serious note, DON'T DO DRUGS !!! is dangerous. For a moment of... something you trade your sanity and your freedom (in most of the countries) or even life. Not worthy.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-05-01 08:49:12

Do we know anyone whos doing a film scoring major at Berklee?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-05-01 09:37:32

At 5/1/11 08:49 AM, LogicalDefiance wrote: Do we know anyone whos doing a film scoring major at Berklee?

I know mrmilkman considered it, but I think he changed his mind.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-05-01 10:17:08

At 5/1/11 09:37 AM, SineRider wrote:
At 5/1/11 08:49 AM, LogicalDefiance wrote: Do we know anyone whos doing a film scoring major at Berklee?
I know mrmilkman considered it, but I think he changed his mind.

OK, who is going to Berklee, and can someone run me through the audition please?