00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

1,783,413 Views | 34,324 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-08 12:42:15

Quick Question

OK. Thanks for the answers SBB and IO.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-08 13:17:15

Hooray, I'm legally downloading music.

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-08 13:34:45

It's very much because of the latency. On laptops, their responses are typically much slower to midi than are computers (because laptops don't generally have as good processors as computers). So it's just the latency. Usually, the plug is not a problem, It's either in, or it's not in.

Strychnine and cyanide. A healthy part of this complete breakfast.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-08 15:42:04

Synthesizer Trouble

Ok, since I'm on the verge of going crazy, I was considering getting a Yamaha synthesizer, it didn't have anything special, No mod wheel, pitch wheel, nothing, Just Some preset sounds and MIDI compatibility.
What Should I do, get Yamaha, or anything else. I'm at a budget of 150Euro, so, yeah :P

Suggestions?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-08 16:23:25

At 1/8/11 03:42 PM, Decibel wrote: Synthesizer Trouble

Ok, since I'm on the verge of going crazy, I was considering getting a Yamaha synthesizer, it didn't have anything special, No mod wheel, pitch wheel, nothing, Just Some preset sounds and MIDI compatibility.
What Should I do, get Yamaha, or anything else. I'm at a budget of 150Euro, so, yeah :P
Suggestions?

Fuck no. You'd be better off buying a midi keyboard with a bunch of control buttons then. General midi sounds suck. I've got a keyboard that exactly fits your description and it's awful. Get something like this instead, it will serve your music much better.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-08 16:48:57

At 1/8/11 01:17 PM, Sequenced wrote: Hooray, I'm legally downloading music.

you found a loophole in the copyright law?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-08 16:53:01

At 1/8/11 01:17 PM, Sequenced wrote: Hooray, I'm legally downloading music.

Oh yeah, me too.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-08 17:17:40

At 1/8/11 04:23 PM, Mich wrote:
At 1/8/11 03:42 PM, Decibel wrote: Synthesizer Trouble

Suggestions?
Fuck no. You'd be better off buying a midi keyboard with a bunch of control buttons then. General midi sounds suck. I've got a keyboard that exactly fits your description and it's awful. Get something like this instead, it will serve your music much better.

I will have to double on this. Most midi presets are pretty bad. I have a keyboard which actually has really really good sounds, but I can only play the sounds, not actually have the samples on hand. It's better if you buy a midi keyboard and then the samples/plugins separately. This way you get more for your money.

Strychnine and cyanide. A healthy part of this complete breakfast.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-08 18:48:41

At 1/8/11 04:53 PM, Mich wrote: Oh yeah, me too.

WAT.

The Audio Forum Lounge

The Main Thing is to keep the Main, Thing the Main Thing.

Latest Song: Retraktion [House/Electro] / Latest Mix: Voltaicly Uncondensed

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-08 22:43:53

I will have to double on this. Most midi presets are pretty bad.

Whaaat? You have to admit that the helicopter and gunshot effects are badass.

THE NEWGROUNDS PODCAST

Sometimes, it would rain men. "Hallelujah!" we would cry. Thousands were killed.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-08 22:54:48

Ok, is the left/right written on the speakers i just got imply left/right from the speaker persepctive(behind cone), or your perspective(cones facing you).

Yes I am intelligent get over it please.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-08 23:11:17

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!!

Did anyone see that fucking game!? Holy shit I love the Jets!!

..............The Guide to Newgrounds Audio

Latest Track: Phoenix

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-08 23:15:58

At 1/8/11 11:11 PM, TMM43 wrote: J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!!

Did anyone see that fucking game!? Holy shit I love the Jets!!

Nope! But I patted myself on the back until my skin went raw. I'm having one of those "Lets listen to my song on loop cause its nifty^awesome" work sessions.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-08 23:19:01

At 1/8/11 11:15 PM, InvisibleObserver wrote:
Nope! But I patted myself on the back until my skin went raw.

Why would you ever do such a thing? I heard if you put salt on wounds that makes it feel better. Then add lemon.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-09 00:10:28

At 1/8/11 11:19 PM, TMM43 wrote: Why would you ever do such a thing? I heard if you put salt on wounds that makes it feel better. Then add lemon.

Never heard of that, been too busy watching the Jets.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-09 02:18:29

Hey dudes, just thought I'd drop by and introduce myself. My name's Will, and I'm a sound editor/mixer based in NYC. I've been on NG for a few years now, but this is my first time on the forums.

So...er...hi!

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-09 04:30:51

At 1/9/11 04:20 AM, Chronamut wrote:
At 1/9/11 02:18 AM, snotzombie wrote: Hey dudes, just thought I'd drop by and introduce myself. My name's Will, and I'm a sound editor/mixer based in NYC. I've been on NG for a few years now, but this is my first time on the forums.

So...er...hi!
OMG we like so totally have an introduction thread that you can like, TOTALLY post your stuff in and maybe a pic so we can fap to you and stuff.

Nah the lounge is fine for introductions as well. Feels less stressy. I feel this introduction thread is kind of like a first day of school, where the teacher gives everyone their turn to say a couple of fixed things about themselves. I always found that a bit stressy, even more if it was in a class group with many people I didn't know before.

The lounge on the other hand is more like sitting around with those people you don't know on the playground of the school, and have a casual chat to get to know each other.

On another not, welcome snotzombie, I hope you like hanging out around here, and I hope you can share your knowledge with us as well, since that's what the audio forums is for.

That and cocks, of course.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-09 05:49:52

Gah, I still need to start practicing mixing. So lazy :/

lel

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-09 07:25:04

At 1/8/11 10:54 PM, jpbear wrote: Ok, is the left/right written on the speakers i just got imply left/right from the speaker persepctive(behind cone), or your perspective(cones facing you).

Yes I am intelligent get over it please.

From your perspective.
If the cones are facing you, the one with left on it goes to your left and the one with right on it.. you get it :p

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-09 11:33:21

At 1/9/11 05:49 AM, Sequenced wrote: Gah, I still need to start practicing mixing. So lazy :/

I feel your pain.

Then again, I'm writing music for the first time after like half a year - currently mastering what "channels", "volume" and the dreaded "panning" are is enough for me. :P

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-09 12:07:51

Synthesizer Trouble

Hey, Thanks for the help, I'll probably get what Mich suggested, it looks pretty sweet =D

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-09 12:11:18

Synthesizer Trouble

Sorry for the Double post, but I just read the requirements and stuff, and it's not compatible with FL Studio.

Yet another Problem, Whoopee =/

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-09 13:34:51

At 1/9/11 07:25 AM, FairSquare wrote:
From your perspective.
If the cones are facing you, the one with left on it goes to your left and the one with right on it.. you get it :p

ya i gottem set up thanks, first pro pair of monitors ive ever gotten theyre just beautiful.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-09 15:17:14

At 1/9/11 02:09 PM, LaForge wrote:
I don't mix/master any of my songs, but people reviewing often say "It was well mastered". Makes things easier for me.

Technically you're mixing your music as your working on it. Mastering is something completely different and I think a lot of kids don't realize this.

quarl BandCamp

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-09 17:27:33

Call of Duty

Anyone here play it? I know Nal, Envy and MilkCarton do...

I've been beasting it lately. If anyone wants to play add meh! P1nke

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-09 17:35:46

Rucklo is level 35

And that is freaking weird after months of ninja-stars.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-09 17:55:57

At 1/9/11 05:46 PM, Chronamut wrote:
At 1/9/11 05:35 PM, Mich wrote: Rucklo is level 35

And that is freaking weird after months of ninja-stars.
I'll be ninja stars in 9 days. Me and rucklo are always one level apart.

I'm coming close as well. As the gaps between the levels increase, the level difference between you guys and me gets smaller. :3

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-10 09:32:12

At 1/9/11 06:02 PM, Chronamut wrote:
At 1/9/11 05:55 PM, Mich wrote:
I'm coming close as well. As the gaps between the levels increase, the level difference between you guys and me gets smaller. :3
lol that's true - until you get higher up.

no?

The Audio Forum Lounge

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-10 10:03:44

If you and Mich deposit every day, the difference in level will become smaller until eventually you'll never be more than one level apart.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2011-01-10 10:25:25

At 1/10/11 10:22 AM, Chronamut wrote:
At 1/10/11 10:03 AM, SBB wrote: If you and Mich deposit every day, the difference in level will become smaller until eventually you'll never be more than one level apart.
ok I see what you're saying - howeverfrom that point on the distance will increase so that we may only be one level apart - but he may need 2 months to level up and I may need 2 months.

Mind Fcuk o.O