00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Nickker101 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

1,803,638 Views | 34,326 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-04-08 13:34:56

Supersteph, I've thought about that, but decided against it, simply because if it's in private, it gives him the chance to give some stupid reasons to end the argument; if it's in public that's not so possible.

But I do agree that we shouldn't clutter up the lounge with our bitching. I'm willing to just leave it from here on; because I doubt we're magically going to be friends and come up with a solution that causes both parties to be happy.

Sorry for letting myself go like that, I guess.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-04-08 14:08:21

Easter

I personally didn't get any eggs, probably because we didn't get around to get any. Not that big of a deal for me though; I'm more of a cheese addict than a chocolate addict nowadays.

We did have some family over for Easter though: my uncle, my niece and cousin, and my grandmother. Had some good food, did my best to entertain my nephew so he wouldn't get to annoying and so forth. The day was okay, but I can say I've experienced more entertaining Easters. Back when I was a kid obviously.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-04-08 14:37:25

At 4/8/10 02:30 PM, Chronamut wrote:
At 4/8/10 02:08 PM, Mich wrote: Easter

I personally didn't get any eggs, probably because we didn't get around to get any. Not that big of a deal for me though; I'm more of a cheese addict than a chocolate addict nowadays.
Happy.. Cheeseter..?

YOU CANT COLOR CHEESE!. you cant have a cheese roll unless you live in Wisconsin.
I couldn't find a video of the cheese chase in wisconsin but apparently they do the same in gloucester england

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tHzjunE4 38

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-04-08 16:08:55

Wi/Ht Forum

...is weird. Some asks the question 'why isn't my audio approved?' and someone answers 'it could take up to a week. be patient'. Then, because of the fact that the mods have 800+ submissions on their hands I add to it by saying 'don't be surprised if it takes up to a month or maybe 2. The mods are really busy right now', so that the person won't expect the song in a week and end up not finding it there, and my post ends up deleted for some reason or another.

Then, someone asks a Flash question, and I link them to the Flash forum and say that the Wi/Ht Forum is NG-Related not Flash-Related, and turns out when I check in my BBS posts a few minutes later, the post about the Flash question isn't there, so I suppose it was deleted too.

In two occasions, I was being (or at least trying to be) helpful, and it turns out I wasted my time writing those posts. Either it was some misunderstanding, or the Wi/Ht people don't accept other people helping out, and only let regs answer questions. From now on, I'm not being helpful in that forum anymore, or at least unless I find out it was my fault for some reason or some misunderstanding.

Maybe it's my fault, maybe it's not, but whatever the reason, you guys are right, the Audio forum (and maybe some clubs in the C&C Forum) is the only decent forum, since the others, in my opinion, have not impressed me.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-04-08 16:54:24

NG's Forums

I'm assuming regs from the other forums would have quite some remarks about the way things go around here too, if I'm honest. Then again I assume ever forum has their own little world with different ways of how things are dealt with. In the programming forum, they seem to hold on to the "no programming talk in the lounge" quite badly. But then again; I haven't really hung out there much.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-04-08 22:22:34

The Forums

I like to believe that every specialty forum is like a different dimension, with different regs and different inside jokes and a different lounge full of people who think their forum is the only good one because of X, Y, and Z.

THE NEWGROUNDS PODCAST

Sometimes, it would rain men. "Hallelujah!" we would cry. Thousands were killed.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-04-08 22:51:18

I couldn't find a video of the cheese chase in wisconsin but apparently they do the same in gloucester england

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tHzjunE4 38

Haha I've been to the one in gloucestershire before, its actually the most ridiculous yet hilarious sport ever. If you can call it a sport :L
But I think they've banned it now. Which sucksss...

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-04-09 02:05:11

At 4/8/10 10:22 PM, Stupor wrote: The Forums

I like to believe that every specialty forum is like a different dimension, with different regs and different inside jokes and a different lounge full of people who think their forum is the only good one because of X, Y, and Z.

that is the best logic ever.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-04-09 02:09:05

At 4/8/10 10:22 PM, Stupor wrote: The Forums

that is the best logic ever.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-04-09 06:46:23

c-c-c-c-combo breaker

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-04-09 09:58:21

Binary

I think it's been a while since jarrydn last worked with the binary system.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-04-09 10:01:36

At 4/9/10 06:46 AM, Rig wrote: c-c-c-c-combo breaker

FFFUUUU WHAAAIIILLLEEEE , FFFFUUUUUU RIIIIIGGGGGG!!!

<3 Southpark.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-04-09 10:12:46

At 4/9/10 09:58 AM, Mich wrote: Binary

I think it's been a while since jarrydn last worked with the binary system.

Yeah, last time I checked 6 =/= 10 xD.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-04-09 10:50:50

My computer exists in opposite land.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-04-09 12:20:16

At 4/9/10 12:10 PM, LaForge wrote:
At 4/9/10 10:01 AM, Sealander wrote: <3 Southpark.
THEY TOOK ER JERBS

DAY TER R JR

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-04-09 15:40:02

Coronado Island Vacation

Ah, what a wonderful way to spend the middle-end part of spring break.

It was one of those vacations where you have so many great ideas on what to do, where to go, who to see, where to eat... and not having a single ounce of energy to execute any of it.

Fist we started out in Elsinore where we went skydiving, thats about where the vacation ended and the lounging around in the hotel room doing everything that we would be doing at home anyway started.

Ah, what a wonderful way to spend the middle-end part of spring break.

The Main Thing is to keep the Main, Thing the Main Thing.

Latest Song: Retraktion [House/Electro] / Latest Mix: Voltaicly Uncondensed

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-04-09 18:34:40

Temporary Audio Mods?
Hey i was just thinking, have they ever appointed temporary mod levels for this time of the year for the sole use of making the approval line much less daunting on the current mods? I mean the only power they would have would be for approving of new submissions for a set period of time. And it wouldn't just be anyone, the people would hopefully be people who have been here a while. If this is an awful idea, just please don't bash me too hard, just hard enough =P

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-04-09 18:40:04

At 4/9/10 06:34 PM, Kirbyfemur wrote: Temporary Audio Mods?
Hey i was just thinking, have they ever appointed temporary mod levels for this time of the year for the sole use of making the approval line much less daunting on the current mods? I mean the only power they would have would be for approving of new submissions for a set period of time. And it wouldn't just be anyone, the people would hopefully be people who have been here a while. If this is an awful idea, just please don't bash me too hard, just hard enough =P

I sort of think it's a good idea, but then again, it's all up to Wade. On another note, just so I can 'bash' you anyway, this is more suitable for the AAP thread.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-04-09 19:22:52

ha, i remember the days where i dreamt of becoming an audio mod. oh well.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-04-09 19:33:43

At 4/9/10 07:22 PM, Glib wrote:

Dreams do never come true... :C

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-04-09 19:48:45

At 4/9/10 07:33 PM, Prodigal wrote:
At 4/9/10 07:22 PM, Glib wrote:
Dreams do never come true... :C

Until its near the end of your school term and you have projects and exams due, and what was once leisure time then asks you to have some responsibility moderating things.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-04-09 20:56:02

At 4/9/10 07:48 PM, InvisibleObserver wrote:

Until its near the end of your school term and you have projects and exams due, and what was once leisure time then asks you to have some responsibility moderating things.

I don't have exams due

and I don't have projects.

My school fucking rocks.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-04-09 21:11:39

Being an audio mod was fun for about a day.

After hearing the same Nickleback song 30 times, you realize it's just a very crap job with no wage ;-)

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-04-09 21:48:02

At 4/9/10 09:11 PM, jarrydn wrote: Being an audio mod was fun for about a day.

After hearing the same Nickleback song 30 times, you realize it's just a very crap job with no wage ;-)

Haha, is it sad that i'd actually enjoy just being able to go "HA HA FUCKER, your ass has just been denied!" and not have to worry about money =P

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-04-09 21:54:16

At 4/9/10 09:11 PM, jarrydn wrote: Being an audio mod was fun for about a day.

It would give me something to do even if it gets old, because as of right now I have no life.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-04-09 22:21:45

See guys, that's what I thought as well. I was told that audio mods burn out pretty quickly, and I was all "nahhh, whatever, I'm different".

Pfffffffffffffffffffffffft.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-04-09 22:25:23

At 4/9/10 10:21 PM, jarrydn wrote: I was all "nahhh, whatever, I'm different". Pfffffffffffffffffffffffft.

But you are different! So, so different!

THE NEWGROUNDS PODCAST

Sometimes, it would rain men. "Hallelujah!" we would cry. Thousands were killed.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-04-09 22:27:17

At 4/9/10 10:21 PM, jarrydn wrote: See guys, that's what I thought as well. I was told that audio mods burn out pretty quickly, and I was all "nahhh, whatever, I'm different".

Psha! I'd NEVer burn out of that, i'm so different, i'm almost similar, so therefor i am an individual since im so alike everybody! =P

Yeah, i would guess listening to 3000 people trying to pass some stupid "remix" of a already made some, by purely putting it audacity and speeding it up or something.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-04-09 22:55:09

At 4/9/10 10:21 PM, jarrydn wrote: See guys, that's what I thought as well. I was told that audio mods burn out pretty quickly, and I was all "nahhh, whatever, I'm different".

You'd make a fine pop sensation.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2010-04-09 23:06:16

I'd rather help out with the newgrounds community than sitting here doing nothing :P