00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LewgusWithFriends just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Audio Forum Lounge

1,783,735 Views | 34,324 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-12-18 18:38:25

At 12/18/09 06:30 PM, Mich wrote:
At 12/18/09 06:20 PM, SessileNomad wrote: Web Design

it seems a bit too simple, perhaps some pretty art like the NG background would make it look better

idk it seems a bit cookie-cutter
Well there's the problem. If it comes to being artist-y, I suck. Hard.

art portal bro, im sure someone in there will make some designs for you

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-12-18 19:44:49

At 12/18/09 05:30 PM, Mich wrote: Web design

This is maybe a noobish question. But why do you use <div> instead of <table>?

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-12-18 19:52:52

Webdesign
Also im pretty good at being artsy with my website! But suck at coding! they come out really messy!
Maybe we should work together! Because i do need a new website!

Below a website i mad in flash!

The Audio Forum Lounge

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-12-18 19:59:50

At 12/18/09 07:44 PM, YouriX wrote:
At 12/18/09 05:30 PM, Mich wrote: Web design
This is maybe a noobish question. But why do you use <div> instead of <table>?

Because we're not living in the nineties anymore. ;)

I guess div gives you more freedom, it's kind of 'modern webdesign'. Go looka t the source of say... facebook, twitter, Newgrounds... Everything is made with div tags. Only the oldskool and 90's looking sites are mostly made with tables nowadays.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-12-18 20:00:59

LOL at how Newgrounds is the only website they can relate it to

THE NEWGROUNDS PODCAST

Sometimes, it would rain men. "Hallelujah!" we would cry. Thousands were killed.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-12-18 20:28:33

At 12/18/09 08:00 PM, Stupor wrote: LOL at how Newgrounds is the only website they can relate it to

uuuhhh he said facebook and twitter as well

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-12-18 20:56:03

At 12/18/09 08:28 PM, SessileNomad wrote:
At 12/18/09 08:00 PM, Stupor wrote: LOL at how Newgrounds is the only website they can relate it to
uuuhhh he said facebook and twitter as well

Not Mich, but the other guys.

THE NEWGROUNDS PODCAST

Sometimes, it would rain men. "Hallelujah!" we would cry. Thousands were killed.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-12-18 20:59:50

Yargh.

It's just weird being the only live audio guy.

It's so dark here, dark, and cold.

But um...

I've been using chorus to add cut to my low end instrumentation. Like, the bass guitar and bass drum. Basically, all the really white sounding shit, like toms. On the other hand, I've been using reverb to smooth the raspiness of the guitars.

And lots of panning. Oooh boy.

Please, please tell me I'm not alone in the raw joy of a perfectly swept EQ?

This is a song about death. It's on mandolin.

Hate is the first step to all solutions.

You will not end bigotry until you learn to hate it.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-12-18 21:00:53

At 12/18/09 08:59 PM, FUNKbrs wrote: Yargh.

im live!

well ive never recorded live, but i can play piano

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-12-18 21:08:02

im a better drummer than you :P

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-12-19 00:20:31

At 12/18/09 04:33 PM, nathanallenpinard wrote:
At 12/18/09 12:45 PM, Quarl wrote:
At 12/18/09 12:34 PM, nathanallenpinard wrote: I've always wondered if that was a more unique trait.
Unique in the specific criteria but I would think that those came from your years of experience with the music you produce. Almost everyone gets tunes stuck in their heads. You're just lucky enough to be able to make those tunes come to life... even if they don't always come out they way you want them 2
Actually that "ability" has been in my head for as long as I can remember, all the way back to childhood. Though not as refined. Mostly when people get songs stuck in their head, they don't remember the keys, bass, drums, synth, or the cowbell in the back...

I'm not sure if I've always had that ability cos I've never really thought that much about it until I started playing guitar a few years ago and then when I started producing. The music I listen to seems to influence the type songs I come up with and most of the songs I come up with on the guitar are similar to one or two of the songs that I listen to.

That's pretty much exactly what happens to me, I can think of songs with bass and strings and other things but they never turn out the way I thought they would. I guess I just have to keep on practising until I can just move the song from my head and into the sequencer.

don't be late | Collab101 | Australian Users List | Nayhan's actionScript examples > click

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-12-19 01:33:39

At 12/19/09 12:20 AM, Nayhan wrote: I'm not sure if I've always had that ability cos I've never really thought that much about it until I started playing guitar a few years ago and then when I started producing. The music I listen to seems to influence the type songs I come up with and most of the songs I come up with on the guitar are similar to one or two of the songs that I listen to.

That's pretty much exactly what happens to me, I can think of songs with bass and strings and other things but they never turn out the way I thought they would. I guess I just have to keep on practising until I can just move the song from my head and into the sequencer.

If you want to produce songs with strings, I think you've already mentioned the answer to your dillema ;). Just listen to classical music, and gain an appreciation for how it is layered and structured dynamically. If you dissect it and find out what makes it tick, it will be alot easier for you when it comes to drawing those notes into the sequencer :). If it works for you with guitar, there's nothing to say it won't work with classical instruments :)

Personally, I'm trying to not listen to the styles of music I want to produce. That way, it's more likely that I'll come up with something more original, and less derivative.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-12-19 02:57:37

At 12/19/09 01:33 AM, jarrydn wrote: If you want to produce songs with strings, I think you've already mentioned the answer to your dillema ;). Just listen to classical music, and gain an appreciation for how it is layered and structured dynamically. If you dissect it and find out what makes it tick, it will be alot easier for you when it comes to drawing those notes into the sequencer :). If it works for you with guitar, there's nothing to say it won't work with classical instruments :)

Personally, I'm trying to not listen to the styles of music I want to produce. That way, it's more likely that I'll come up with something more original, and less derivative.

I've always thought the that alot of the songs on Super Smash Bros and other Nintendo songs are done really well and that I should try and make something similar, so I downloaded heaps of the songs and were listening to them for a while. I really haven't gotten around to trying it yet. Because all the songs are quite different it's hard to figure out what is actually making them good, so when I try and make a song it will be extremely similar to one of them.

I should probably try that too and try not to listen to specific genres so much. What I would like to do is to be able to create good music in several genres and styles.

don't be late | Collab101 | Australian Users List | Nayhan's actionScript examples > click

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-12-19 03:51:02

So, like for any good 21st birthday celebration, I went out and got smashed to shit.

Wake up the next morning, wander back onto base, realize I have no idea where my phone is.

I think it's somewhere in the ocean.

Ah well. At least I've got tonight to finish up birthday drinking :D

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-12-19 09:01:35

meeeeeeeeeeh

I'm so hungover.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-12-19 09:09:34

At 12/19/09 03:51 AM, SolusLunes wrote: Wake up the next morning, wander back onto base, realize I have no idea where my phone is.

I think it's somewhere in the ocean.

Go stand on the beach, I'll give it a ring.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-12-19 11:34:00

So that's how those damn whales keep calling me...

THE NEWGROUNDS PODCAST

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-12-19 12:25:18

At 12/19/09 11:34 AM, Stupor wrote: So that's how those damn whales keep calling me...

i bet their phone calls are pretty sounding

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-12-19 12:34:27

don't go into the sound!!!!!!!

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-12-19 13:44:51

BOOGER BUTT FAT BITCH TITS

HI GUYS!!!

Lets make a sung.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-12-19 16:10:53

DJ-ing

I absolutely hate it that I DJ about 30 time better when I'm not recording/broadcasting.

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-12-19 16:18:52

At 12/19/09 04:10 PM, Mich wrote:
I absolutely hate it that I DJ about 30 time better when I'm not recording/broadcasting.

It's in your head man. When you want to do something well, you make yourself nervous about fucking up so you fuck up.
When you don't have any stress you do just fine.

Next time your mixing a set just think "this is just for fun, who cares how it sounds" and go in with a positive attitude and you'll do fine.

..............The Guide to Newgrounds Audio

Latest Track: Phoenix

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-12-19 17:25:01

True Story

Okay i work in a newspaper factory. Wich is nice i get to have little luxeries like food.
Also Its a nice job to do after shool, nice co-workers too!
Even so one of the workers went like hey! Youri!! Read this!!

It was on the front page. Evrybody read it. The Factory was going to be shut down. And moved somewhere else. Since its a newspaper for Friesland they decided to Press it in Friesland.
So that means evrybody would lose there jobs!! :(

So there was a moment of silence and one guy stood up and said...

THEY TOOK OUR JOOOB!!!! >.<

Ooh God i couldnt help but laugh at that. Yeah i really did lose my job. But i couldnt stop laughing at that joke. Now i'll laugh twice as hard when i see those rednecks in southpark. :P

Now gotta find a new job durrr...

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-12-19 22:29:34

At 12/18/09 09:08 PM, SymbolCymbal wrote:

im a better drummer than you :P

It's takes a lot more talent than what you have to be this shitty of a drummer.

See, while you try hard to be good and are, I've reached the point where I've gone past good, even great, EVEN legendary, ALL THE WAY BACK AROUND to where I'm complete shit.

I can suck in ways your mind could not possibly DREAM of, drum nub.

Well, that and I've done everything onstage from Bluegrass Gospel to guys with hooks in their backs playing tug of war to the beat. So I just don't give a shit who's "Better" anymore.

I BET I HAVE MORE FUN.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-12-19 23:03:05

fucking christ Funk...

He was joking!

please don't pull a calamaistr

THE NEWGROUNDS PODCAST

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-12-19 23:47:32

At 12/19/09 11:03 PM, Stupor wrote: fucking christ Funk...

He was joking!

I just claimed it took a shit load of talent to suck.

If that's not sarcasm, my sarcaradar is reading due FAIL.

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-12-20 00:16:35

At 12/19/09 11:03 PM, Stupor wrote:

I lol'd

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-12-20 13:33:57

Hungover

The kind where you just want to lie in bed all day, and yet here I am at work being miserable.

:(

beep

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-12-20 15:08:16

At 12/20/09 01:33 PM, amaterasu wrote: Hungover

That means you had a good night! haha

So I just got done shoveling my driveway. fucker took me 2 hours to do. I'm so tired

..............The Guide to Newgrounds Audio

Latest Track: Phoenix

BBS Signature

Response to The Audio Forum Lounge 2009-12-20 15:58:24

At 12/20/09 03:08 PM, TMM43 wrote: So I just got done shoveling my driveway. fucker took me 2 hours to do. I'm so tired

I did that yesterday. And today it snowed another 7 inches.

I LOVE SNOW >:(