00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

joker1222344 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Wii Virtual Console

28,864 Views | 418 Replies

Response to Wii Virtual Console 2009-10-19 17:16:50

RYGAR
Publisher: Tecmo
System: Arcade
Genre: Action
Cost: 800 Wii Points

The year is 19XX A.D. and the human race has been brought to its knees by the resurrected ancient Beast Lord. The people then brought back to life Rygar, a legendary warrior, in order to fight to save the Human race. Armed with a weapon which extends out (Diskarmor), you'll also make full use of your jumping abilities to venture through and clear all 27 stages. Making its appearance in arcades in 1986 as a side-scrolling action game, the game received high acclaim for its beautifully rendered graphics, such as a setting sun and waterfalls. There are also many bonus features such as collecting the 5 Powers of Indra to obtain special bonuses or gaining 1,000,000 bonus points for finding hidden items (Indra's Book of Secrets). Aside from those, the number of lives and the difficulty settings can be altered.

Response to Wii Virtual Console 2009-10-19 17:59:04

At 10/19/09 05:16 PM, The-Great-One wrote: RYGAR
Publisher: Tecmo

The year is 19XX A.D.

Good year, that was. I got my first girlfriend and lost my first tooth back then.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Wii Virtual Console 2009-10-19 18:33:50

Ok, Nintendo. Today, I will have...

Lufia 1 and 2
Robotrek
Metal Warriors
Earthbound
Contra 3
Biker Mice from Mars
Every Power Rangers game on SNES
Super Bomberman 1 to 3
Super Mario All Stars (lol as if)
Super Turrican 1 and 2
TMNT4
Zool

That is all.

Response to Wii Virtual Console 2009-10-19 21:35:04

At 10/19/09 06:33 PM, Preternatural wrote: Ok, Nintendo. Today, I will have...
Earthbound

Yeah, you and every fourth person on the internet.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to Wii Virtual Console 2009-10-20 16:19:12

At 10/19/09 06:33 PM, Preternatural wrote: Ok, Nintendo. Today, I will have...

Earthbound

Keep your hopes up kid... keep your hopes up... *sniffle*

Contra 3

Contra III: The Alien Wars is already on the Virtual Console. Here's the link.

Biker Mice from Mars
Every Power Rangers game on SNES
Super Bomberman 1 to 3

It's possible to get those.

Super Mario All Stars (lol as if)

Well it's not personal, it's just business. The NES versions of Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros. 2, Super Mario Bros. 3, and Super Mario Bros. The Lost Levels are all up on the Virtual Console for purchase, so there is no point in offering Super Mario All-Stars for the Virtual Console.

Super Turrican 1 and 2

Here is Super Turrican and Super Turrican 2

That is all.

Response to Wii Virtual Console 2009-10-20 17:44:06

At 2/17/09 10:30 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote: Square Enix broke down and released Secret of Mana! Maybe this means we'll see some Final Fantasy or Chrono soon!

Ha, in retrospect, this is hilarious. We're never getting Chrono.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to Wii Virtual Console 2009-10-23 23:07:21

At 10/20/09 05:45 PM, xscoot wrote:
Hell, they could even release Super Mario All Stars + SMW as a bundle. I'd like that.

Nintendo would never do that. That's blatantly taking away profits from themselves.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to Wii Virtual Console 2009-10-26 18:14:24

NEW TO THE VIRTUAL CONSOLE

Golden Axe
Publisher: SEGA
Cost: 900 Wii Points

In this original arcade game that launched the popular series, the evil Death Adder has invaded your land and taken the king and princess prisoner. Three mighty warriors step forward to bring the villain to justice. The powerful fighter, Ax Battler, the female amazon, Tyris Flare, and the mighty dwarf, Gilius Thunderhead, will use their weapons and magic to fight their way through Death Adder's hordes. Along the way, they'll mount fearsome, fire-spitting beasts to help even the odds. Team up with a friend and enjoy two-player simultaneous gameplay for a better chance of survival.

Zombies Ate My Neighbors
Publisher: LucasArts
System: Super Nintendo Entertainment System

You will play the game as one of two brave kids: Zeke or Julie. Both kids utilize the same control scheme and have the same characteristics. If you're playing the two-player game, each player must pick a kid. You can't have two Zekes or two Julies! Each player starts with three lives. When your life bar runs out, you lose a life. There are hidden 1-Up bonuses in the game. You may also earn bonus lives if you have ten victims left when you finish a level. Now, get ready to conquer 48 levels of giant ants, mad scientists, and big babies. Find seven bonus levels (look for the question marks!), earn points, and stockpile your water pistols and other weapons!

COMING SOON TO THE VIRTUAL CONSOLE

Final Fight 3
Publisher: Capcom
Genre: Fighting

With the Mad Gear Gang defeated, peace has returned to Metro City. But not for long! With their biggest rival gone, the Skull Cross Gang, lead by the vicious Black, has risen to power and is causing more chaos than ever before. Back from his training, Guy teams up with Haggar and newcomers Lucia and Dean to rid the city of evil once again. Truly, this is the final fight!

Response to Wii Virtual Console 2009-10-26 19:45:31

At 10/26/09 06:14 PM, The-Great-One wrote: NEW TO THE VIRTUAL CONSOLE
Zombies Ate My Neighbors

YES!!! Flippin' Awesome! :D I so got to get a wii points card for this!

Just how exactly does "getting laid" solve any mental problems? Hmm? /:7

BBS Signature

Response to Wii Virtual Console 2009-10-26 19:51:45

At 10/26/09 07:45 PM, AtillaTheLion wrote:
Zombies Ate My Neighbors
YES!!! Flippin' Awesome! :D I so got to get a wii points card for this!

I concur.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to Wii Virtual Console 2009-10-26 20:38:45

Zombies Ate My Neighbors

Alright, I MUST BUY THIS.

Gamertag: Evilchicken43

"Screw those people, I have pancakes."

Sig by simon

BBS Signature

Response to Wii Virtual Console 2009-10-26 20:49:57

We're all super happy!

I might check out that Zombies ate my Neighbors game.

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

Response to Wii Virtual Console 2009-10-26 22:07:38

Zombies ate my neighbors is fun. very fun.

Gamertag: Evilchicken43

"Screw those people, I have pancakes."

Sig by simon

BBS Signature

Response to Wii Virtual Console 2009-10-28 15:07:06

At 10/26/09 08:49 PM, Gustavos wrote: We're all super happy!

I might check out that Zombies ate my Neighbors game.

You owe it to yourself to do it. It's arguably Lucas Art's best non-Star Wars game.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to Wii Virtual Console 2009-11-02 16:01:46

NEW ON VIRTUAL CONSOLE

Fighting Street

* Publisher: Capcom
* System: TurboGrafx16
* Original Release: 1989
* Genre: Fighting
* Wii Points: 800

A port of the arcade version of "STREET FIGHTER", the legendary fighting game that started it all. Players control RYU or KEN and battle against unique fighters from all over the world. The first fighter to knock out their opponent and win two rounds is the winner. Power up your attack to three different levels-the longer you hold a button, the stronger your attack. Input commands to perform special attacks and deal serious damage to your opponent! Combine your normal and special attacks effectively to fight your way to victory!

&

R-Type

* Publisher: Sega
* System: MASTER SYSTEM
* Original Release: 1988
* Genre: Shooter
* Wii Points: 500

R-TYPE is a classic side-scrolling arcade shoot-em up that was developed by Irem in 1987. The game takes place in the 22nd century and you are humanity's last hope against the evil Bydo Empire. Your ship is called the R-9a "Arrowhead" and it comes with a standard gun, but power ups and upgrades are available in each mission. Navigate through eight challenging levels that will test even the best gamer's reflexes. The Sega Master System version features an exclusive secret level not found in any other release.

This week sucks.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to Wii Virtual Console 2009-11-03 04:28:37

Fatal Fury Special
Publisher: D4 Enterprise
System: Neo Geo
Cost: 900 Wii Points

Fatal Fury Special is an improved version of SNK's 2D one-on-one fighter Fatal Fury 2. It's a conversion of the 1993 arcade game of the same name.

The objective is still to win the tournament by defeating all other fighters including end boss Wolfgang Krauser. Fatal Fury Special features a fairly large selection of fighters that includes:

- The eight regular fighters from Fatal Fury 2: Terry Bogard, Andy Bogard, Joe Higashi, Kim Kaphwan, Jubei Yamada, Cheng Sinzan, Mai Shiranui and Big Bear.

- The four bosses from Fatal Fury 2: Billy Kane, Axel Hawk, Lawrence Blood and Wolfgang Krauser (this time they're all immediately playable).

- Three characters returning from the first Fatal Fury: Duck King, Tung Fu Rue and Geese Howard.

Final Fight 3
System: Super Nintendo

With the Mad Gear Gang defeated, peace has returned to Metro City. But not for long! With their biggest rival gone, the Skull Cross Gang, lead by the vicious Black, has risen to power and is causing more chaos than ever before. Back from his training, Guy teams up with Haggar and newcomers Lucia and Dean to rid the city of evil once again. Truly, this is the final fight!

Street Fighter Alpha 2

Another Street Fighter sequel (this time for Street Fighter Alpha), which adds even more to the classic fighting series. New characters in this version include Gen (a wise kung-fu master from the original Street Fighter), Rolento (who you may remember from another Capcom classic, Final Fight) and Sakura, a young school girl who follows her hero Ryu so close, she has the same type of moves. Dhalsim and Zangief also return to the fight with some new moves. The other major difference is the loss of chain-combos and the gain of a custom combo system. Once you reach the required level (which is 1 at the least) you can execute a custom combo by combining any of the buttons (of which there are 6 in total) or any of the special attacks (fireballs, etc.)

Street Fighter II': Champion Edition
System: TurboGrafx-16
Cost: 700 Wii Points

The first enhanced version of Street Fighter II. Aside from fixing bugs and balancing characters out a bit more, the game allows you to play as the previously unplayable four boss characters (Balrog, Vega, Sagat and M. Bison) and also allows two players to fight each other with the same character through the use of alternate colour schemes.

Thanks to puddinN64 for doing the update, and he is right this week does suck.

Response to Wii Virtual Console 2009-11-04 13:37:54

JAPAN ONLY TITLES

There have been many Nintendo titles that were only released in Japan, but never here in America. My question is why? Well each game does hold a different story and although we have been getting Japanese only titles on the Virtual Console I say we should get more.

1. Animal Forest
What we know as Animal Crossing on the Nintendo Gamecube was once called Animal Forest on the Nintendo 64 in Japan. It's pretty much the same game we got for the Gamecube. I doubt Nintendo would release a translated version of Animal Forest for the Virtual Console seeing as the Wii plays Gamecube games and you can get Animal Crossing: City Folk for the Wii, but one can hope eh?

2. Devil World
You may recall an assist trophy from Super Smash Bros. Brawl called the Devil. Well he was in the game Devil World released only in Japan. I wouldn't mind playing this game myself, seeing as it is quite a complex title.

[ Video Link ]

3. Nuts and Milk
Just watch the video...

[ Video Link ]

Response to Wii Virtual Console 2009-11-04 15:51:54

2. Devil World
You may recall an assist trophy from Super Smash Bros. Brawl called the Devil. Well he was in the game Devil World released only in Japan. I wouldn't mind playing this game myself, seeing as it is quite a complex title.

[ Video Link ]

3. Nuts and Milk
Just watch the video...

[ Video Link ]

SWEET JESUS!
i LOVED the game nuts and milk!
im sooo gonna buy that! soo many good memories...
and I have played Devil World... its ok... found it boring, but original concept

Response to Wii Virtual Console 2009-11-04 16:09:00

At 11/3/09 04:28 AM, The-Great-One wrote: COMING SOON TO THE VIRTUAL CONSOLE

Fatal Fury Special
Street Fighter Alpha 2

I only have 1000 points left....

Asdf

BBS Signature

Response to Wii Virtual Console 2009-11-09 04:43:33

ANOTHER ANGRY VIDEO GAME NERD REVIEWED GAME

Michael Jackson's Moonwalker
System: SEGA Genesis (Mega Drive)

"Michael!" Katy's voice rings out - You've found her! But more children are still lost! Can you stop the psycho mastermind Mr. Big and his goon squad before they kidnap all the kids? You can, if you're Michael Jackson! Moonwalk on muggers, lean on meanies, and pop the punks! Outfight, outjump, outdance! Move like only Michael can, to the beat of Smooth Criminal, Beat It, Billy Jean, and Bad!

Response to Wii Virtual Console 2009-11-09 14:11:05

NEW TO THE VIRTUAL CONSOLE

Cybernoid
Publisher: Commodore Gaming
System: Commodore 64
Cost: 500 Wii Points

Federation storage depots have been raided by pirates, taking valuable minerals, jewels, ammunition and the latest battle weaponry. You have been commissioned by the Federation to retrieve the cargo and return it to storage within a specified time limit. The pirate craft have activated all planetary defense systems, which you will have to negotiate as well as the pirates themselves. If you fail to reach the depot within the time limit or the value of your retrieved cargo is insufficient you must forfeit one of your Cybernoid ships.

Recommended Titles
Cybernator, Galaga, and Star Fox 64

Wonderboy III: The Dragon's Lair
System: SEGA Master System
Genre: Adventure, RPG

Wonder Boy III The Dragon's Trap is widely considered among the best games produced for the Sega Master System, featuring some of the best animations of its time during the original release. Wonder Boy III The Dragon's Trap is the direct sequel to Wonder Boy in Monster Land, starting in the final lair of the previous game. This game is the first in the series to allow Wonder Boy to roam freely by using various animal forms, but much like previous games in the series, Wonder Boy can also buy various weapons, armor, and items to help him in his quest. Add this gem to your Sega Master System collection today!

Recommended Titles
Wonder Boy, Wonder Boy III: Monster Lair, and Wonder Boy in Monster World

System: SEGA Genesis (Mega Drive)

"Michael!" Katy's voice rings out - You've found her! But more children are still lost! Can you stop the psycho mastermind Mr. Big and his goon squad before they kidnap all the kids? You can, if you're Michael Jackson! Moonwalk on muggers, lean on meanies, and pop the punks! Outfight, outjump, outdance! Move like only Michael can, to the beat of Smooth Criminal, Beat It, Billy Jean, and Bad!

Bloody Wolf
Publisher: G-Mode

Snake and Eagle, two commandos of the Bloody Wolf special forces, receive instructions from their commander to destroy the enemy's heavily armed base to rescue the President and any allies who have been reported as MIA. This single-player, top-down, run and gun shooter takes a nod to Contra-style gameplay, allowing one of the two mercenaries to blast their way through eight levels of enemy opposition armed with only a knife and a machine gun. Along the way, new weapons such as shotguns, bazookas, flash bombs and grenades grenades can be added to the arsenal, as well as health and defensive power-ups. Players can even find a motorcycle to ride in some areas, or swim through certain parts of a level.

TWO PLAYER RECOMMENDED TITLES

1. Contra III: The Alien Wars
2. BUBBLE BOBBLE
3. Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest
4. Balloon Fight
5. Clay Fighter

GAMEBOY GAMES TO THE DSi

First off I want it to be known that so far, that this will be released in Japan first, not North America. Also if the DSi begins to support a Virtual Console then a different thread will be made to keep track of the handheld market games. From what I've gathered we may be seeing games from Game Boy, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, Sega Game Gear, and even the Atari Lynx.

[ FULL ARTICLE ]

Response to Wii Virtual Console 2009-11-09 17:20:58

@TheGreatOne
As much as I would love GB or whatever on dsi It ain't gonna happen If was gonna it would have been released in japan by now.

Of course they might be waiting 'til DSI has been out for a year (It's been longer then that in japan so I don't know)
If so we may have to wait 'til APRIL(2010) or longer.

SSBB FC 0989-9996-1521

Proud member of nhotspot.net(SSBBKING)

Response to Wii Virtual Console 2009-11-09 20:28:03

At 11/9/09 05:20 PM, TCD2008 wrote: @TheGreatOne
As much as I would love GB or whatever on dsi It ain't gonna happen If was gonna it would have been released in japan by now.

Okay I just report the stuff. As for my opinion... I believe you're wrong. I do think they'll release it into Japan. You have to consider the storing of all that information from the games downloaded. I think it's possible and I don't see why Nintendo wouldn't do it. The Virtual Console cashed in money for the Wii, it could surely do the same for the DSi.

Of course they might be waiting 'til DSI has been out for a year (It's been longer then that in japan so I don't know)
If so we may have to wait 'til APRIL(2010) or longer.

That's alright. I have no problem with waiting... the longer the wait the better the results, mostly.

Response to Wii Virtual Console 2009-11-09 23:48:57

At 11/9/09 02:11 PM, The-Great-One wrote: Game Boy Advance

Oh god if they had yoshi's island first for DSiware I swear

Asdf

BBS Signature

Response to Wii Virtual Console 2009-11-10 10:39:59

At 11/9/09 11:48 PM, Chiklay4 wrote: Oh god if they had yoshi's island first for DSiware I swear

I think Yoshi's Island would appear on the Virtual Console first. Seeing as it appeared on the Super Nintendo first.

Response to Wii Virtual Console 2009-11-10 15:49:06

At 1/11/09 06:52 AM, The-Great-One wrote: The Nintendo Wii Virtual Console
The Virtual Console is accessed through the Wii Shop Channel VIA Nintendo Wi-Fi connection.

The latest releases to the Virtual Console as of 1/11/2009 are...
1. Kirby's Dream Land 3
2. Zoda's Revenge: StarTropics II
3. Phantasy Star IV
4. Enduro Racer
5. Sonic The Hedgehog 2
6. Metal Slug 2

The Virtual Console has over 100 old school games to playthrough. However more will soon be released. Which ones though?

Well this website is keeping their eyes out for the new additions to the Virtual Console. For those to lazy to click here are some that will hopefully be added to the Virtual Console here in the USA as well as CANADA and the UNITED KINGDOM.

1. Earthbound
2. Ogre Battle: The March of the Black Queen
3. Super Smash Bros.
4. Tetris Attack
5. Sonic & Knuckles
6. A Boy and His Blob: Trouble on Blobolonia

There you have it. If something looked more interesting on any of the lists to you then go ahead and post about it. I would like this thread to be the official thread for all Virtual Console matters... which means ALL INFORMATION ABOUT WiiWARE GAMES ARE NOT TO BE TALKED ABOUT HERE.

HAVE A NICE DAY!
D

I like the virtual console. It has many fun downloadable games and you dont spend all day shacking the wii mote when you pplay them. The virtual console alows you to play fun old (and some new) games so you dont have to waist your money fishing around for all the old systems and the game you want to play. The wii isnt a terriably great system but the virtual console definetly makes it worth the money. I really enjoyed a lot of the games on the list.

Response to Wii Virtual Console 2009-11-10 16:03:11

Hey guys, I just got four NES games from the Virtual Console

Ice Hockey
Castlevania III
River City Ransom
Startropics

Does anyobody have anything to say about these? Personally, I like them all a lot.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to Wii Virtual Console 2009-11-10 20:16:59

At 11/10/09 04:03 PM, puddinN64 wrote: Does anyobody have anything to say about these? Personally, I like them all a lot.

From what I've heard they're all classics. I didn't grow up in the NES age. I grew up within the SNES age... so I don't have much say. I've gotten my hands on an actual NES (for free) and so now I'm experiencing these games. Sure I could get them for the Virtual Console and I tend to get games I can't find for the NES, but then again only getting the NES can offer such titles like the TENGEN Tetris, DuckTales, and the original Contra which is not available on the Virtual Console except for Contra ReBirth which I wouldn't mind owning either.

Response to Wii Virtual Console 2009-11-10 21:42:19

At 11/9/09 02:11 PM, The-Great-One wrote:

Dammit. Even Nintendo is getting in on Jackson's death? This is getting out of hand...

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to Wii Virtual Console 2009-11-10 22:17:16

At 11/10/09 10:07 PM, Ultor wrote: Well they need to bring the following

Goldeneye

Already tried, and failed.

Shadows of the empire

Possible, but not in the foreseeable future.

mission impossible

Why?

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature