00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Zfey just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest

506,519 Views | 1,639 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-11 20:19:57

At 1/11/09 06:28 PM, LiamTaylor wrote:
At 1/11/09 03:38 PM, Ramirezoid wrote: Why the hell is Street Fighter so much better than Mortal Kombat? It shouldn't be but it is.
though i would put TEKKEN in front of street fighter. no ridiculous energy blasts and crazy ass combos for one thing, AND they all do REAL martial arts

What? Tekken has more nonsensical combos and air juggles than Street Fighter ever will, and though Tekken might not have 'ridiculous energy blasts', it has monsters, robots, fighting blocks of wood and...guys who shoot lazers from their heads. TK is just as far, if not further from realistic than SF.

(At one point, Tekken had a dinosaur on the roster. A DINOSAUR. A DINOSAUR IN BOXING GLOVES.)

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-11 20:20:59

Ahaha, true, i like Tekken but i'd prefer Street Fighter in the end due to its over the top stuff.

Also Mortal Kombat ahs that sort of stuff so thats a close second.

ANYWAY i couldnt figure out what to make so i drew this pic in my confusion...

BBS Signature

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-11 20:31:20

I'm going to make something for this.

also, dicks.

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-11 20:33:01

Heh, this sounds like fun. Why not? I'll give it a shot.

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-11 22:03:04

At 1/11/09 08:19 PM, Stamper wrote: (At one point, Tekken had a dinosaur on the roster. A DINOSAUR. A DINOSAUR IN BOXING GLOVES.)

Not to mention friggin King...

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-11 23:03:47

Herf a derf

I dont even think ryu or ken are gonna be in my part since they're so over-used

If anything i'm gonna give the SF3 characters a chance to shine ; ) fuck yeah Alex YOU CANT ESCAPE

But yeahh

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-12 00:22:27

At 1/10/09 11:41 AM, Stamper wrote:
At 1/10/09 01:11 AM, SomecallmeDave wrote: I would be in but, I don't want to put my stuff with anything that is mature and has penis's every 4 seconds. How has it not gotten old by now? Anyway I like showing my family stuff that I have made and I was almost in but I only do clean humor (yes it still exists). I actually have a funny concept and it would have been around 15 seconds perfectly. I might make it for fun anyways and put up sometime.
Don't bother. Nobody needs your smug ass around, anyways.

Thanks, though!

P.S. EAT A SANDWHICH

Uh oh, made an enemy for life. Ha ha. I wasn't being smug at all, I just like clean humor. Sorry that I offended you and all of the rest, for saying something about everyones facination with drawing penises. I don't know who likes putting that much work into something like that but hey, to each his own right. Draw whatever ya like. Maybe I won't post mine, but hey if I wan't to make it there is a good chance I will.

P.S. NAH

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-12 01:15:49

At 1/11/09 08:19 PM, Stamper wrote:
At 1/11/09 06:28 PM, LiamTaylor wrote:
At 1/11/09 03:38 PM, Ramirezoid wrote: Why the hell is Street Fighter so much better than Mortal Kombat? It shouldn't be but it is.
though i would put TEKKEN in front of street fighter. no ridiculous energy blasts and crazy ass combos for one thing, AND they all do REAL martial arts
What? Tekken has more nonsensical combos and air juggles than Street Fighter ever will, and though Tekken might not have 'ridiculous energy blasts', it has monsters, robots, fighting blocks of wood and...guys who shoot lazers from their heads. TK is just as far, if not further from realistic than SF.

(At one point, Tekken had a dinosaur on the roster. A DINOSAUR. A DINOSAUR IN BOXING GLOVES.)

Not to mention a walking lion headed thing, a cyborg, a miserable excuse of a ninja, a boxing kangaroo - which had a boxing kangaroo wife and son, a fuckiing ogre, an old guy who doesn't age, a bastard child, not to mention in tekken 2 that kazuya turns into an angel AND a devil.

i see your point. though still, their martial arts exist, not like *'shotokan-ryu karate' (Ryu & Ken im looking at you) or 'the way of yoga' (WTF DHALSIM, WTF!?!?!!).

and on the subject of ridiculous characters, what the fuck kind of creature is Blanka? Does anyone really know what the fuck he is, some sort of pikachu & sonic the hedgehog love chkld?

cheers,

*p.s. I am aware that shotokan karate actually does exist, just not the Ryu part of it anyway.

TATSUMAKI-SENPU KYAKU!!!

chk chk boom.

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-12 01:18:50

thats "tornado whirlwind kick" for thos japanes illiterates who don't know

chk chk boom.

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-12 04:21:03

Please anyone use my guile or ryu track i posted on this flash project!!!

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-12 04:41:23

Hey stamper. By not using sprites you mean like sprites off the web right? Cuz all sprites arent pixelated. Sprit is a (wikipedia) two-dimensional/three-dimensional image or animation that is integrated into a larger scene. So can i still make my own sprites(not pixelated) and use them to easy up the load of work?

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-12 05:48:50

At 1/11/09 08:19 PM, Stamper wrote: (At one point, Tekken had a dinosaur on the roster. A DINOSAUR. A DINOSAUR IN BOXING GLOVES.)

And also don't forget the Panda, Kangaroo and Kuma and a transforming Devilhuman...
But I guess more people think Tekken is better than SF.

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-12 06:06:34

At 1/12/09 04:41 AM, sirDark wrote: By not using sprites you mean like sprites off the web right? Cuz all sprites arent pixelated. Sprit is a (wikipedia) two-dimensional/three-dimensional image or animation that is integrated into a larger scene. So can i still make my own sprites(not pixelated) and use them to easy up the load of work?

In other words, that would be the same as using sprites.
Why? Because in both cases you do not do the graphics yourself.

They might look different, sure. But did YOU make them? Probably not.
Even if you rip them yourself, it's still not made by you.

Fully self-made sprites would probably be nice though, if anyone would have the patience for that.

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-12 06:48:00

At 1/12/09 06:06 AM, Shadowii2 wrote: Fully self-made sprites would probably be nice though, if anyone would have the patience for that.

They won't accept sprites, period. And I'm glad they won't.

also, dicks.

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-12 06:51:06

arrrrrggggggg

BBS Signature

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-12 08:08:09

Umm... if anyone is in SERIOUS need of some inspiration, check out these videos, they're awesome, they kick ASS!

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-12 08:37:12

jaja, the sprite is for noob draw, i study draw xD

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-12 08:56:14

At 1/12/09 08:08 AM, Zyphonee wrote: Umm... if anyone is in SERIOUS need of some inspiration, check out these videos, they're awesome, they kick ASS!

The vid wuz pretty good.
Anyone could get some inspiration from it.

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-12 09:17:55

i'd join if i was good at animating.
buuut...
well, you already know the answer.
i suck.

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-12 09:43:17

At 1/10/09 07:41 PM, Zyphonee wrote: Hey guys, guess what, for once in my life, I decided not to be an asshole, so I'll be good and lend you my FX, here ya go guys, ALL sound FX's in SFII are
HERE, HERE and HERE!

Hope you guys find them useful, thought I'd upload them while I wait for the pizza delivery guy to arrive...

LOL Thanks I could not find a sound and I recored the FX myself then I came here and you had posted links to it. :)

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-12 12:25:01

street fighter? im so in!!! f there are any parts

YOU SON OF A BITCH, YOU BITCH OF A SON

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-12 13:38:07

At 1/3/09 06:19 AM, JohnnyUtah wrote:
At 1/3/09 06:14 AM, GrandfatherClock wrote: can we do a naruto collab
what kind of ninja sneaks around in an orange jumpsuit LEAVE MY SIGHT

BELEVE IT! ! ! ! ! ! ! !Lol

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-12 15:52:42

Oh, man, would I like to do it but my damn PC dosen't show the posts ! Could somebody send me a copy of the rules in my account by pm so I could propose me. I have a good thing for this collab. I know it !

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-12 16:49:41

At 1/3/09 07:21 AM, Master-Samus wrote: Umm in your pic... isn't that meant to be M.Bison? Not Vega...

M.Bison: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M._Bison
Vega:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vega_(
Street_Fighter)

Sounds cool though (old school SF fan... SNES style) I'll think about it :)

Okay, knew this would come up. Here goes. His name in Japan is Vega and Vega is Balrog and Balrog is M Bison. However, bringing the game over to America, they thought they would sued for M Bison (who seemed to be a parody of Mike Tyson, AKA M Tyson), so they switched the names of the three, making M Bison the dictator, Vega the Spanish awesome sexyness, and Balrog the boxer.

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-12 17:18:08

At 1/3/09 06:14 AM, GrandfatherClock wrote: can we do a naruto collab

i agree to jhonyutah, naruto is not a ninja and ninjas dont use orange jumpsuits and they are sneaky and smart

THE G0D 0F WAR

BBS Signature

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-12 18:39:13

I just sent mine in. I hope you guys like it!

BBS Signature

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-12 18:49:01

When is it gonna happen? I'm dieing to see some SF on SF action!

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-12 20:06:54

At 1/3/09 07:26 AM, KupaMan wrote: Maybe I'll do a Dora The Explorer parody with Street Fighter characters.

Wait...

that stuff would be interesting and really weird

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-12 20:44:03

STREECH OOOOOOOOOOM STONNNNGGGGGGGG javascript:MakeSmileySelection(20); javascript:MakeSmileySelection(14);javas cript:MakeSmileySelection(9);javascjavas cript:MakeSmileySelection(12);ript:MakeS mileySelection(10);

Response to Street Fighter Collab / Art Contest 2009-01-12 20:56:35

I would like to contribute with some music :)
If you guys just tell me what theme you'd like I would make it.
With heavy ass guitars n drums.
Cheers.