00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

YvesKirio just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Final Fantasy X

1,784 Views | 31 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Final Fantasy X 2008-12-20 20:25:48

Man was this a good game. I spent 300 hours on one save. Just because i loved everything about it. Except Tidus. The second i got 4 Characters i booted tidus out of the party. Sadly though the cd got incredibly scratched up. I want to buy another however... I really dont want to buy it on PS2/3. Its a shame that it doesn't come on xbox 360. FFXI and FFXIII are on or coming to the 360. But not FFX... Pisses me off... I spent all that time buffing auron up. He could go through the game all by himself at that point. Damage break made him do 50k damage. He also looked kinda like an Elvis that rapes people. Brought him all the way around the Grid. Did more magic damage than lulu. Had Double Tidus's speed... Oh good times good times.

Final Fantasy X

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy X 2008-12-20 20:29:08

At 12/20/08 08:28 PM, PrinceFlea wrote: 300 hours ? I got near like 40 hours finishing nearly half of it.

You see when i got to the end of the game i just saved and did every side quest and got all the best of items.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy X 2008-12-20 20:57:11

What is the purpose of this thread?

PSN ID= livir001

MGO name= sniper rob

MGO clan= robs snipers

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy X 2008-12-20 21:08:03

It's a shame because every final fantasy made after 10 is complete shit, so... yeah. And it's not really a shame that it isn't for the xbox, because if it was ever made for it, microsoft would fuck it up like all the other remakes and consul suck ups do. Sides, aren't they getting sued again for building a faulty system? Something about how it scratches up the disc, some guy sued them and got 50 grand ;\, wish i would have done that, the piece of crap keeps breaking down. My ps1 however, still outlasts them all lol.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy X 2008-12-20 21:21:16

At 12/20/08 08:25 PM, Jerich0 wrote: I spent 300 hours on one save.

Fuck, you must grind a lot. It'd take around thirteen hours to beat the main quest.

Response to Final Fantasy X 2008-12-20 21:25:26

At 12/20/08 09:16 PM, xscoot wrote: I'm actually pretty close to the last boss on that game. I should get around to beating it...

But ya, it was awesome, and FFXI and FFXII did suck. I hope FFXIII is better. If it isn't, than I'll simply have to accept that FF is the new Sonic. We already have Chocobo Tails to the FF name, but if another main game sucks, the series is doomed.

The game play may look different, but it doesn't have the FF feel to it, thirteen that is. I've seen some demo stuff for it. Last I heard, 13 was going to be for both PS3 and Xbox 360, but 13 battle was supposed to be for just one consul, i can't remember if it's just for xbox or ps3... i think its playstation though. FFX1 the online thing, is kinda fun actually. I don't think that it was really meant for a huge storyline that went major on the public, but it kinda snuck it's way out there i believe before ff10 even came out in america.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy X 2008-12-20 22:15:06

At 12/20/08 08:25 PM, Jerich0 wrote: I spent 300 hours on one save.

Sounds like you need to get a life.

Response to Final Fantasy X 2008-12-20 23:47:23

Final Fantasy 10 was revolutionary.

It was a massive step forward for graphics and a showcase of wonderful music and drama. Fair to say that the turn based combat wasn't very demanding but it can't be denyed that final fantasy fans were not disappointed.

NOTICE! - If you've noticed this notice you may have noticed that this notice has been noticed by a noticeable person.

Response to Final Fantasy X 2008-12-21 00:02:59

At 12/20/08 09:21 PM, towelie101 wrote: Fuck, you must grind a lot. It'd take around thirteen hours to beat the main quest.

More like thirty to forty.

Kuro - Puting the 'Kur' back in 'inkurable disease.'

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy X 2008-12-21 10:59:38

Besides 7 that was the best. I got so bored and had nothing to do besides play that at one point and I actualy maxed out eveyones stats. For me even Yuna physicals the same as Tidus.

Response to Final Fantasy X 2008-12-21 11:37:14

Hey dude......I got only 100+ form playing it.....and I know what you mean.... I botted Tidus off it too!!!

xD

Response to Final Fantasy X 2008-12-21 11:47:03

I'm currently doing a Tidus only Challenge...

Response to Final Fantasy X 2008-12-21 13:50:43

The game play was alright. Farming got repetitive until post-game when it became way to fucking easy. Like really, you do 1k damage half way through the game and then 50k at the end. Too bad the story line mad no fucking sense what-so-ever. Tidus was a dream of the memories of spirits trapped in rocks that brought him to life and then he "dies" when they woke up because you destroyed their "leader?" who used other spirits in the form of a giant whale as a shield...... Tell me how that makes any fucking sense. The characters were developed nicely. But honestly how many people actually cared about the sub-plot with Yuna and Tidus. Then when they tried to fix the story line with a sequel, they failed horribly. Rating: 7/10

Response to Final Fantasy X 2008-12-21 14:31:56

I only spent 300 hours on it because i had nothing better to do. I loved FFX but FFVII was abit better.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy X 2008-12-21 14:53:08

Ok 1 last question. I just watched the FFX ending on youtube heres a the site.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ij2X5-_ib AQ&feature=related

Anywho SPOILERS. I just realized Tidus Dies at the end??? I beat the game twice im trying to understand how i missed the biggest part of the ending. Other than Auron dieing which was Really really sad. How is there a FFX-2 if Tidus dies? Yuna and lulu and rikku go and find him?

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy X 2008-12-21 14:55:06

At 12/21/08 02:53 PM, Jerich0 wrote:
Anywho SPOILERS. I just realized Tidus Dies at the end??? I beat the game twice im trying to understand how i missed the biggest part of the ending. Other than Auron dieing which was Really really sad. How is there a FFX-2 if Tidus dies? Yuna and lulu and rikku go and find him?

wow.... way to miss the most important part. In FFX-2 Yuna, Riku, and some emo chick go off and try to find him, its a mediocre game.......

Response to Final Fantasy X 2008-12-21 14:57:04

wow.... way to miss the most important part. In FFX-2 Yuna, Riku, and some emo chick go off and try to find him, its a mediocre game.......

I must have known and then just forgot idk... I tried FFX-2 it was...Horrible... I guess its better than Shaq-fu though.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy X 2008-12-22 09:40:44

So has anyone here beat FFx-2 and want to spoil it for me. I honestly couldn't put up with beating that game. Its too terrible. Do they ever go to the far plane and find Auron/Tidus?

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy X 2008-12-22 09:49:19

So you basically want a game that's been on the PS2 for almost a decade to come out on the 360. What kind of world do you live in?

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy X 2008-12-22 09:59:12

At 12/22/08 09:49 AM, Dragoonwing wrote: So you basically want a game that's been on the PS2 for almost a decade to come out on the 360. What kind of world do you live in?

Yeah... or PC... but thats not going to happen any time soon. I wish all systems ported all games. Sounds kinda communist but whatever works.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy X 2008-12-22 10:04:14

At 12/22/08 09:59 AM, Jerich0 wrote:
At 12/22/08 09:49 AM, Dragoonwing wrote: So you basically want a game that's been on the PS2 for almost a decade to come out on the 360. What kind of world do you live in?
Yeah... or PC... but thats not going to happen any time soon. I wish all systems ported all games. Sounds kinda communist but whatever works.

We need more Communism these days. Besides you may be getting your wish after Capcom abandoned Nintendo twice when it came to exclusives.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy X 2008-12-22 10:09:02

At 12/22/08 10:04 AM, Dragoonwing wrote:
We need more Communism these days. Besides you may be getting your wish after Capcom abandoned Nintendo twice when it came to exclusives.

No no no, if we just make games that already exist "better" we will be killing their true meaning. Progression>Revision

Response to Final Fantasy X 2008-12-22 10:21:04

YAY!!!! I HIT 1000 posts!!! wooooooooh... ok now 1002 or 1003

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy X 2008-12-22 10:24:20

At 12/22/08 10:21 AM, Jerich0 wrote: YAY!!!! I HIT 1000 posts!!! wooooooooh... ok now 1002 or 1003

Why are you butchering your own thread with stat posts??

Response to Final Fantasy X 2008-12-22 11:40:15

At 12/22/08 09:40 AM, Jerich0 wrote: So has anyone here beat FFx-2 and want to spoil it for me. I honestly couldn't put up with beating that game. Its too terrible. Do they ever go to the far plane and find Auron/Tidus?

Don't worry about it... FFX-2 is terrible, so much so that it actually ruins the story of the first. So bad that it almost makes FFX impossible to have ever happened.

It's a terrible, terrible, shit excuse for a game that isn't even worth discussing. You're far better off not knowing as knowing how X-2 turns out only ruins the experiance of X.

But if you really want to know....

SPOILERS BELOW SPOILERS BELOW SPOILERS BELOW SPOILERS BELOW SPOILERS BELOW SPOILERS BELOW SPOILERS BELOW SPOILERS BELOW SPOILERS BELOW SPOILERS BELOW SPOILERS BELOW SPOILERS BELOW SPOILERS BELOW SPOILERS BELOW SPOILERS BELOW SPOILERS BELOW SPOILERS BELOW SPOILERS BELOW SPOILERS BELOW SPOILERS BELOW SPOILERS BELOW SPOILERS BELOW
X-2 tells you that Tidus was actually some other guy that lived durring the great war between the machina users and the summoners. This Tidus guy (Sorry, I can't remember his real name) is in love with a summoner in Xanarkand... he knows that when the war starts, the summoners will lose and his lover will die.

The government has a hidden death robot under the city... it's super strong and automatically kills all hostile threats in the area. But it's too dangerous to turn on as it can figure out who's a friendly thread and who's an unfriendly threat (IE: In battle, it'll kill everyone, not just the enemy). The Tidus dude doesn't know this and thinks that if he turns on the hidden death robot he can win the war and save the life of his lover, so he breaks in and tries to start the machine.

Tidus's lover finds out and goes to stop him. She gets there just seconds before Tidus presses the on button... she convinces him not to turn it on as the government guards rush into the room. Either they start the machine, or they get killed by the guards. Understanding the risk, he doesn't turn the machine on and both of them are killed by the guards.

-----

The main problem, aside from the atroshious game play revolving around dressing up in fancy costumes and practicing your dance moves for your upcoming Britney Spears-like concert is that it completly destroys the story behind X.

In FFX we're told that after Xanarkand was destroyed the surviovrs all fled with the greatest summonr of all time to that mountain the furry guys lived on (Sorry, names escape me... it's been a while). There they all decided to die. When dead they would dream of their lives in Xanarkand and the really strong summoner would mend with those spirits and dreams and resummon them (and the entire city) back to life. But because summons can be destroyed, he needed to protect the new dream xanarkand. This is where Sin comes in... the summoner built Sin as a protective shell around the summond city of Xanarkand to insure nobody would ever hurt the city or it's people ever again.

But here's the thing... if Tidus dies before the war even starts, how does he survive the attack to flee to the mountain to dream of himself in the city to be resummoned in Xanarkand to be pulled out by Auron to start the story of FFX?

They don't answer that... probably because they don't care. X-2 was so bad I get the feeling this thought never even crossed their minds. It's possible I guess that somebody else was dreaming of Tidus but that means Tidus isn't real and Yuna will never see him ever again.

But i find it really odd that somebody else would dream of Tidus as somebody who is completly unlike the real Tidus... and who's dreaming of him? Possibly the father? They don't say... which kind of defeates the purpose of the game.

If you get the "Good" ending in X-2, the little boy from the first shows up and redreams Tidus for Yuna... I guess this is a happy ending. But all in all, Tidus never existed. He looks like somebody that did exist but that guy and Tidus are two diffrent people. The real guy has no idea who Yuna is, he has no memories of Tidus's experiances outside of sin, and the only way Yuna will ever see Tidus is if somebody dreams of him.
END SPOILERS END SPOILERS END SPOILERS END SPOILERS END SPOILERS END SPOILERS END SPOILERS END SPOILERS END SPOILERS END SPOILERS END SPOILERS END SPOILERS END SPOILERS END SPOILERS END SPOILERS END SPOILERS END SPOILERS END SPOILERS END SPOILERS END SPOILERS END SPOILERS END SPOILERS END SPOILERS END SPOILERS END SPOILERS END SPOILERS END SPOILERS END SPOILERS END SPOILERS END SPOILERS END SPOILERS END SPOILERS END SPOILERS END SPOILERS END SPOILERS END SPOILERS

Request deletion

This went wrong.

Response to Final Fantasy X 2008-12-22 12:43:03

At 12/22/08 10:09 AM, zero-gravity wrote:
No no no, if we just make games that already exist "better" we will be killing their true meaning. Progression>Revision

So we should stop doing remakes then?

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy X 2008-12-22 12:47:44

i remember ff10. it was revolutionary. though it was a bitch to get all the completed weapons.

Response to Final Fantasy X 2009-02-10 20:02:27

I personally love the game and have beat it 3 times and My auron has 20,000 health

I have moldy cheese in my pants!!!!

Response to Final Fantasy X 2009-02-10 20:06:29

Damn this topic is old... FFx the good days of final fantasy ahhh.....(goes in hot tub)

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy X 2009-02-11 01:44:04

why all the ffxii hate?

i thought it was good

y so srs

BBS Signature