00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

JohnDickard just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Cartoon Club

82,442 Views | 861 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Cartoon Club 2009-03-04 20:26:04

At 2/28/09 04:43 PM, aninjaman wrote:
It was original compared to most kids movies. Most of them are fart jokes.

You say it like fart jokes are a bad thing.

SCAT FTW!

So as this is said i believe that this clubs cycle is comming to a slow end.

NO!

I WILL NOT HAVE IT!

THIS CLUB WILL NOT DIE!

Sorry.

Anyone getting the Chowder Season 2 DVD?

I love Chowder, but I'm saving up for Killzone 2.

Response to Cartoon Club 2009-03-05 16:32:05

New topic- Who is a better producer- Matt Groening or Seth Farnsworth?

Response to Cartoon Club 2009-03-05 19:00:23

At 3/5/09 04:32 PM, DocSprite wrote: New topic- Who is a better producer- Matt Groening or Seth Farnsworth?

Matt Groening, no compition. Non of Seth Farnsworth shows have gain as much popularity or lasted as long as Matt most famous creation "the simpsons".

Wi/Ht regular|Elite Guard Barracks Member|Idiot-Buster-Elite Guard Sup. Commander

BBS Signature

Response to Cartoon Club 2009-03-05 19:18:03

At 3/5/09 04:32 PM, DocSprite wrote: New topic- Who is a better producer- Matt Groening or Seth Farnsworth?

What did Seth Farnsworth make?

Response to Cartoon Club 2009-03-05 20:53:05

At 3/5/09 07:18 PM, aninjaman wrote:

Family Guy and American Dad.

Response to Cartoon Club 2009-03-06 19:20:46

At 3/5/09 08:53 PM, DocSprite wrote:
At 3/5/09 07:18 PM, aninjaman wrote:
Family Guy and American Dad.

Thats Seth MacFarlane.
And I think Matt Groening is a better producer. Family Guy is funny but not an icon like the Simpsons. I used to think family guy was really funny but every time I watch it I like it less (maybe Im gettin more mature) but i still like the simpsons no matter what.

Response to Cartoon Club 2009-03-06 20:08:11

You both seem to be disregarding their other hits, Futurama and American Dad.

Response to Cartoon Club 2009-03-06 20:57:47

At 3/6/09 08:44 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote:
Also, Tom & Jerry + Road Runner are the greatest cartoons ever made. Anyone who disagrees is a bullshitter.

Any old cartoon is better than the shit they show today.

Response to Cartoon Club 2009-03-07 18:29:53

At 3/6/09 08:08 PM, DocSprite wrote: You both seem to be disregarding their other hits, Futurama and American Dad.

Well I like Futurama and I don't like American Dad so my point still stands.

Response to Cartoon Club 2009-03-17 21:07:17

To all members of the Cartoon Club:

1) As of the past weeks this place has fallen into the abyss of the forums, once a prominent place for chit chat for cartoons has become silent. Not for long.

2) Reform... we need this now as this is club is dying and will be salvaged tonight. How will I do this you ask? Well to keep conversation going I will try to respond to everyone who posts here, bringing longer posts to the table something we never had in our past. This will bring more respected members of the forum to this place. It will encourage them to post as they see better conversation going on not the idle crap that has gone on in the last few pages.

3) As said in #2 said I will embellish one topic said: Better posts I will be adopting some of the rules from the Madness combat crew.

A)Flaming, or harassment of any other member regardless of reason Is prohibited.
Anyone who harasses another member will be warned via the Newgrounds PM system on the first offense, banned for 1-15 days based on the severity of their harassment and will be banned from posting in the club on the second offense, I'm keeping a list don't think I will forget about you

B) Grammar, this is a prominent falt by most of our users including myself. This is how it will. If you persist on spelling many things wrong I will pm you and try to help you as much as I can or another member will do it if I am unavailable.

C) Membership will not be so easy anymore. There will not be a amount of posts you have to have before you can enter the club, not really working as you have seen. So when you ask for membership into he club I will explain rules to you and then you can post for 1 weeks time and after that I will pm you if you meet my standers. If you do not you will no longer be aloud to post in the club, I will contact a mod and have you banned. If you don't make it the first time around don't worry in 1 month after you were denied membership you can ask again and then see what happens.

D) No 1 line posts, if I see this from any member I will pm them with a warning if you continue I will contact a mod and have your posts deleted.

E) New members should be welcomed into this place like a brotherhood, there are no ranks besides mine as leader of this place I will appoint ranks as needed. DocSprite will be a assistant in leading when I'm absent he will have full power unless I say otherwise.

I hope this finds you well and this all makes sense to you all.
~Idiot-Buster~

Wi/Ht regular|Elite Guard Barracks Member|Idiot-Buster-Elite Guard Sup. Commander

BBS Signature

Response to Cartoon Club 2009-03-18 18:46:52

The club is dying and putting up more rules will make things worse..

PSN: Mazzoo969

Sig by Asandir. Awesome Band!

BBS Signature

Response to Cartoon Club 2009-03-18 19:57:45

At 3/18/09 06:46 PM, Matt2k8 wrote: The club is dying and putting up more rules will make things worse..

What makes you say that? It should restore order and keep this club going a little smoother.

Response to Cartoon Club 2009-03-19 15:55:09

TL;DR, and Matt's right. All you guys need to do is, when you come on the C&C, immediately look for any new posts here. There's always some nice new convos.

Maybe we should try to recruit new members? I mean, intelligent, nice, good people to have around that would help our club.

Response to Cartoon Club 2009-03-22 16:03:20

*sigh* Let me get something started...

What do you guys think about censorship? Like in shows like South Park.

Response to Cartoon Club 2009-03-22 17:10:36

At 3/22/09 04:03 PM, DocSprite wrote: *sigh* Let me get something started...

What do you guys think about censorship? Like in shows like South Park.

If you're watching South Park chances are you know all the cusswords.

Response to Cartoon Club 2009-03-22 17:56:10

REPOSTED BECAUSE I DON'T THINK ANY OF YOU SAW THIS AND PLEASE READ IT ALL!!
To all members of the Cartoon Club:

1) As of the past weeks this place has fallen into the abyss of the forums, once a prominent place for chit chat for cartoons has become silent. Not for long.

2) Reform... we need this now as this is club is dying and will be salvaged tonight. How will I do this you ask? Well to keep conversation going I will try to respond to everyone who posts here, bringing longer posts to the table something we never had in our past. This will bring more respected members of the forum to this place. It will encourage them to post as they see better conversation going on not the idle crap that has gone on in the last few pages.

3) As said in #2 said I will embellish one topic said: Better posts I will be adopting some of the rules from the Madness combat crew.

A)Flaming, or harassment of any other member regardless of reason Is prohibited.
Anyone who harasses another member will be warned via the Newgrounds PM system on the first offense, banned for 1-15 days based on the severity of their harassment and will be banned from posting in the club on the second offense, I'm keeping a list don't think I will forget about you

B) Grammar, this is a prominent falt by most of our users including myself. This is how it will. If you persist on spelling many things wrong I will pm you and try to help you as much as I can or another member will do it if I am unavailable.

C) Membership will not be so easy anymore. There will not be a amount of posts you have to have before you can enter the club, not really working as you have seen. So when you ask for membership into he club I will explain rules to you and then you can post for 1 weeks time and after that I will pm you if you meet my standers. If you do not you will no longer be aloud to post in the club, I will contact a mod and have you banned. If you don't make it the first time around don't worry in 1 month after you were denied membership you can ask again and then see what happens.

D) No 1 line posts, if I see this from any member I will pm them with a warning if you continue I will contact a mod and have your posts deleted.

E) New members should be welcomed into this place like a brotherhood, there are no ranks besides mine as leader of this place I will appoint ranks as needed. DocSprite will be a assistant in leading when I'm absent he will have full power unless I say otherwise.

I hope this finds you well and this all makes sense to you all.
~Idiot-Buster~

BBS Signature

Response to Cartoon Club 2009-03-22 18:01:05

At 3/19/09 03:55 PM, DocSprite wrote: TL;DR, and Matt's right. All you guys need to do is, when you come on the C&C, immediately look for any new posts here. There's always some nice new convos.

Yes this club was always on the front page because of this reason. Lets keep a fast pace conversation going on here i will try as much as i can but you guys need to pull your weight as well.

Maybe we should try to recruit new members? I mean, intelligent, nice, good people to have around that would help our club.

Yes, i think you or i should pull some people who post in the Wi/Ht forums such as myself. Maby we could pm some of them, by that i mean no spam just a nice "would you like to join the cartoon club with a explanation of us and a link to the newest page" so let the rebirth begin!

BBS Signature

Response to Cartoon Club 2009-03-22 19:11:07

At 3/22/09 05:10 PM, aninjaman wrote:
If you're watching South Park chances are you know all the cusswords.

Not always. Usually when they say a slang for penis it gets really confusing.

Response to Cartoon Club 2009-03-24 12:08:35

Censorship is annoying.. We know the words anyway, why bleep them out?

PSN: Mazzoo969

Sig by Asandir. Awesome Band!

BBS Signature

Response to Cartoon Club 2009-03-24 16:31:48

At 3/24/09 12:08 PM, Matt2k8 wrote: Censorship is annoying.. We know the words anyway, why bleep them out?

Because if they do, ten 50-year old women from Rhode will contact the FCC and they'll have to cancel the shows.

Another thing that pisses me off about censorship: In some movies instead of bleeping curses out, they'll edit the speaking out, which leaves awkward pauses in the middle of the sentences.

Response to Cartoon Club 2009-03-26 17:52:14

At 3/24/09 04:31 PM, DocSprite wrote: Because if they do, ten 50-year old women from Rhode will contact the FCC and they'll have to cancel the shows.

Pretty much.

Another thing that pisses me off about censorship: In some movies instead of bleeping curses out, they'll edit the speaking out, which leaves awkward pauses in the middle of the sentences.

Or they'll replace the profanity with retarded words that sound like it, like shit = spit, ass = ask, etc. It's horrible.

Response to Cartoon Club 2009-03-26 19:50:58

At 3/26/09 05:52 PM, CapnCrunchDaPimp wrote:
Or they'll replace the profanity with retarded words that sound like it, like shit = spit, ass = ask, etc. It's horrible.

"WHAT THE FRUIT IS GOING ON HERE?"

"Hey, shut up, yeh ice cream cone!"

"No, you shut up, you fruiting donut case!"

Response to Cartoon Club 2009-03-27 15:46:50

At 3/26/09 07:50 PM, DocSprite wrote:
At 3/26/09 05:52 PM, CapnCrunchDaPimp wrote:
"WHAT THE FRUIT IS GOING ON HERE?"

"Hey, shut up, yeh ice cream cone!"

"No, you shut up, you fruiting donut case!"

Yeah, censorship is not cool. If you don't like it, turn it off. It's really that simple.

Response to Cartoon Club 2009-03-27 16:46:19

At 3/27/09 03:46 PM, CapnCrunchDaPimp wrote: Yeah, censorship is not cool. If you don't like it, turn it off. It's really that simple.

The weirdest censorship I saw was when I used to watch saturday morning cartoons on network TV , not cable, they would never ever say the words die, death, or kill. They would also say annihilate.
I don't know if it was the FCC or just something they all did.
On another note I first thought revivng this club was a bit like beating a dead horse but it seems okay.

Response to Cartoon Club 2009-03-28 21:40:56

So, has anybody seen Nick's new series, Penguins of Madagascar? It looks pretty bad to me.

Response to Cartoon Club 2009-03-30 16:11:40

OK, I'll try again.

What are your opinions on Aqua Teen Hungerforce? I think it's funny at sometimes but some of the episodes take the wrong approach.

Response to Cartoon Club 2009-03-30 17:15:33

At 3/28/09 09:40 PM, DocSprite wrote: So, has anybody seen Nick's new series, Penguins of Madagascar? It looks pretty bad to me.

I really never watch nick anymore because of the thing they show now. Thats why there is a channel way up there that shows thing from 1995-2000, things of my generation. The things i see on the regular nick just confuse me on how it even made it.

BBS Signature

Response to Cartoon Club 2009-03-30 17:20:16

At 3/30/09 05:15 PM, idiot-buster wrote:
The things i see on the regular nick just confuse me on how it even made it.

Don't worry, they'll only continue it for a month. Then people will get bored, ratings will drop, and the show will ultimately be scrapped to make more timeslots for Spongebob. :\

Response to Cartoon Club 2009-04-08 18:01:03

At 3/30/09 06:12 PM, darknessdweller wrote:
At 3/28/09 09:40 PM, DocSprite wrote: So, has anybody seen Nick's new series, Penguins of Madagascar? It looks pretty bad to me.
Yes. And I find it pretty cool!
Supa-penguins... on a mission... annoying neighbors.. FREAKIN' AWESUM!!

Hey, I'd like to join this club here. It looks pretty cool.

Oh, and the Penguins of Madagascar is actually kinda funny, or at least the head penguin is. Plus you have to give them props for making CGI work on a TV show budget.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Cartoon Club 2009-04-08 19:04:14

At 4/8/09 06:01 PM, puddinN64 wrote:
Hey, I'd like to join this club here. It looks pretty cool.

Welcome! It IS pretty cool.

Also, I've taken a liking to CN's newest cartoon, the League of Super Evil.