00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

snoozerzz just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Tutorials, Comic-Con, Optimus

14,513 Views | 116 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Tutorials, Comic-Con, Optimus 2006-07-13 13:43:24

A lot of people asked why I submitted my crappy old "introduction to Flash" tutorial to the Portal. I did it because I was finally moving the Flash tutorials into our "content management" system. I can now add new tutorials faster! Check out the Flash tutorials!

By doing this, I eliminated two standalone pages that no longer need to be redone in CSS for the site redesign. The turials now fall under the standard collection template and the "introduction to Flash" tutorial now falls under the standard Portal submission template.

ANYWAY... Comic-Con is next week! An insane number of NG regulars will be there, including Broken Saints, College University, Dr. Shroud, Xombie and Tomorrow's Nobodies!

I will be there at booth #4604. The booth is listed under the Behemoth and we are showing the latest demo of our new four-player console game. There will be a Newgrounds poster on display as well, since a lot of Newgrounds fans aren't familiar with the Behemoth and vice versa.

For those of you who aren't versed in NG history, I am one of the Behemoth co-founders and we made Alien Hominid! Dan Paladin, the artist, will also be at Comic-Con! Sometimes I feel like I have to over-explain everything because it's easy to forget just how many NG visitors don't know anything about the background of the site and all the stuff we're doing. But moving on...

We got a fun art thread! There is a picture floating around of Optimus Prime in the new Transformers movie. In the picture he is in truck form, so now it's your job to draw him in robot form! Check out the thread to see what Jeff, Mike, Josh and I came up with. Stamper apparently scrapped his... We'll keep pressuring him to submit one.

In office news... Our conference room is now under construction. New walls, new lighting, new paint, new carpet. I really should be taking pictures... Ok, I'll go take some now before I forget. I still need to make a page for the 2006 mod-meetup, I'm falling so far behind. :(

If you are coming to Comic-Con, let me know! Also, feel free to make suggestions for the tutorials page! Finally, submit your own Optimus art!!!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Tutorials, Comic-Con, Optimus 2006-07-13 13:44:04

Someone should have comic-con in the uk. preferably surrey.

BBS Signature

Response to Tutorials, Comic-Con, Optimus 2006-07-13 13:47:00

Yay... is my tutorial good enough to be in the "introduction to flash" section? I didn't think so... :/

Response to Tutorials, Comic-Con, Optimus 2006-07-13 13:47:06

Well I'm not coming to Comic-Con, cus it's just too far away and stuff, but I really want to see the new game, are you gonna announce the name there?

Response to Tutorials, Comic-Con, Optimus 2006-07-13 13:47:51

u guys should come to one of the hundreds of canadian comic conventions such as the one in vulcan Alberta canada

Keeping it real with fake computer music since 2006

Spotify

Lime Tea

BBS Signature

Response to Tutorials, Comic-Con, Optimus 2006-07-13 13:48:26

I am so glad you made the tutorials collection page. I've been wondering when it will happen, even suggested it in the Ideas for Newgrounds' Evolution thread once.

Hopefully for the newbie Flash artists that the collection will grow very big very quickly. :)

Response to Tutorials, Comic-Con, Optimus 2006-07-13 13:52:00

At 7/13/06 01:51 PM, blunge wrote: TOM FULP TALK TO ME I LUV U WITH ALL MY HEART JUSY SAY ANYTHING TO ME, BAD OR GOOD. I LUV U

0__0 WIERDO!

Response to Tutorials, Comic-Con, Optimus 2006-07-13 13:52:06

Hey question, is Comic-Con in a different location every year, or is it always in Cali?

Response to Tutorials, Comic-Con, Optimus 2006-07-13 13:52:53

You should hunt down Maddox's booth and get The Best Comic In The Universe.

Response to Tutorials, Comic-Con, Optimus 2006-07-13 13:53:46

At 7/13/06 01:43 PM, TomFulp wrote: I will be there at booth #4604. The booth is listed under the Behemoth and we are showing the latest demo of our new four-player console game. There will be a Newgrounds poster on display as well, since a lot of Newgrounds fans aren't familiar with the Behemoth and vice versa.

I really wish I could go to Comic-Con. :(

In office news... Our conference room is now under construction. New walls, new lighting, new paint, new carpet. I really should be taking pictures... Ok, I'll go take some now before I forget. I still need to make a page for the 2006 mod-meetup, I'm falling so far behind. :(

I never tire of that video.

Hey Tom, did you guys ever catch that theif that took your guys' PS2, and Street Fighter game and controllers?

Filler text.

Because this space needs to be bigger than it already should be.

Jigen made this sig. madknt downsized it to fit the filesize limit. Go team.

BBS Signature

Response to Tutorials, Comic-Con, Optimus 2006-07-13 13:53:56

At 7/13/06 01:43 PM, TomFulp wrote: I can now add new tutorials faster! Check out the Flash tutorials!

Did someone hear my loud cry for an updatable tutorial collection, a long time ago??

Response to Tutorials, Comic-Con, Optimus 2006-07-13 13:55:47

LOOK OUT FOR FROSTED MUFFINS

Tom what day are you leaving? It's a secret why i'm asking but a good one.

And also who is going from the NG team?

And also look out for Luis!

WEBSITE

BLOG ~ Dont fuck around with my dog. All that I can see I steal. ~

NG FFR ~ Automatic for the people.

BBS Signature

Response to Tutorials, Comic-Con, Optimus 2006-07-13 13:56:19

Comic-con is on July 21th right?

Response to Tutorials, Comic-Con, Optimus 2006-07-13 13:56:49

I really want to see the conferance room. What will you use it for though really?

This too will pass.

Memento mori

BBS Signature

Response to Tutorials, Comic-Con, Optimus 2006-07-13 13:56:54

Wizard World Chicago? Is that still up in the air?

I can't go but I might go next year like I told you. I would've gone if my father stuck to his word... but I don't think I'll believe what he says again (selfish jerk)

Response to Tutorials, Comic-Con, Optimus 2006-07-13 13:58:15

Where and when is it again? If its in New York, I might be able to go.

<3

Response to Tutorials, Comic-Con, Optimus 2006-07-13 13:59:27

At 7/13/06 01:44 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: Someone should have comic-con in the uk. preferably surrey.

I second this.

Response to Tutorials, Comic-Con, Optimus 2006-07-13 14:01:53

Conference room sounds sweet, knowing you guys there will probably be some stuff from newgrounds history in there.
by the way, when will the office be open to public...I'd love to take a tour of it, seeing how i live in the Philadelphia area.

Response to Tutorials, Comic-Con, Optimus 2006-07-13 14:04:07

At 7/13/06 01:44 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: Someone should have comic-con in the uk. preferably surrey.

Or maby Liverpool or Manchester.
Should bring it to Liverpool for 2008 an' all....

Response to Tutorials, Comic-Con, Optimus 2006-07-13 14:08:04

The king of eggs will be accompaning the great Tom Fulp at this so called "Comic Con". I'll be the 13 year old who looks like he's 10 with the curly hair and glasses.

At 7/17/07 10:31 PM, EggfordTheEgg wrote:

: Wait, when did the BBS become Gaia Online?

Response to Tutorials, Comic-Con, Optimus 2006-07-13 14:09:54

At 7/13/06 01:52 PM, True_Darkness wrote: Hey question, is Comic-Con in a different location every year, or is it always in Cali?

If it's always in Cali I can never go... unless I go on vacation with my family there. But I doubt it still even if we did go...

Response to Tutorials, Comic-Con, Optimus 2006-07-13 14:12:05

At 7/13/06 02:09 PM, blanblan wrote:
At 7/13/06 01:52 PM, True_Darkness wrote: Hey question, is Comic-Con in a different location every year, or is it always in Cali?
If it's always in Cali I can never go... unless I go on vacation with my family there. But I doubt it still even if we did go...

ComicCon is always in San Diego. That makes us better than you.

Response to Tutorials, Comic-Con, Optimus 2006-07-13 14:13:17

At 7/13/06 01:43 PM, TomFulp wrote: A lot of people asked why I submitted my crappy old "introduction to Flash" tutorial to the Portal. I did it because I was finally moving the Flash tutorials into our "content management" system. I can now add new tutorials faster! Check out the Flash tutorials!

Your tutorial isnt crappy, I learned the first thing in flash there, tweening. Also finally you made that a collection.

eh.

BBS Signature

Response to Tutorials, Comic-Con, Optimus 2006-07-13 14:16:43

Sounds like you'll have a lot of fun. =)

Response to Tutorials, Comic-Con, Optimus 2006-07-13 14:18:04

At 7/13/06 01:43 PM, TomFulp wrote: A lot of people asked why I submitted my crappy old "introduction to Flash" tutorial to the Portal. I did it because I was finally moving the Flash tutorials into our "content management" system. I can now add new tutorials faster! Check out the Flash tutorials!

:yep
I notticed it yesterday and wondered why there was no nottice about it... anyway ... thanks tom for still thinking of us noobs who want to learn flash

Response to Tutorials, Comic-Con, Optimus 2006-07-13 14:18:11

At 7/13/06 02:16 PM, Andersson wrote: Sounds like you'll have a lot of fun. =)

You're not going to be there? Come on, you're one of the coolest regulars of all time.

Response to Tutorials, Comic-Con, Optimus 2006-07-13 14:26:17

good to know but will you check otu the the topic i posted early tom is a couple of "bugs" i encountered today

titled 'what the hell', ill pm if you want

BBS Signature

Response to Tutorials, Comic-Con, Optimus 2006-07-13 14:30:51

u guys should play music from the audio portal at the comicon!

Keeping it real with fake computer music since 2006

Spotify

Lime Tea

BBS Signature

Response to Tutorials, Comic-Con, Optimus 2006-07-13 14:33:32

There is a Comic-Con in NYC, but the one we go to is always in San Diego.

BBS Signature

Response to Tutorials, Comic-Con, Optimus 2006-07-13 14:34:32

At 7/13/06 01:53 PM, DashNCrash wrote: Hey Tom, did you guys ever catch that theif that took your guys' PS2, and Street Fighter game and controllers?

Nope. It's possible the police caught him (assuming it's the same guy who was robbing houses in the neighborhood), but we haven't been notified.

BBS Signature